Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! (10292 Views)

Woman Arrested For Raping A Man At Gunpoint / Tinubu: "Election Postponement Is Democracy At Gunpoint" / Nigerian Policemen Dancing On Duty (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by EvilBrain1(m): 11:34pm On Jan 31, 2012
What's the big deal? I got robbed 3 times by police last year and once already this year. It's a normal thing.

The police are basically a giant armed robbery syndicate that also provides security for politicians as a side business. They are an organised crime group. They rob okada men in broad daylight with active connivance of senior policemen and the tacit approval of the government. Boko Haram is nothing more than an annoying distraction from their main work, collecting their N50 checkpoint fee.

I don't see why anyone should be making a big deal about them robbing regular folks unless they are also going to stand up for the danfo drivers and bikemen who part with their hard eared money at gunpoint everyday.

But knowing my country, nothing is going to be done about them until they mistakenly kill one big politician's son.
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by AjanleKoko: 11:48pm On Jan 31, 2012
Evil Brain:

But knowing my country, nothing is going to be done about them until they mistakenly kill one big politician's son.

They've actually done that in the past, and gotten away with it.

@Topic,
We are definitely living Hobbesian in this country embarassed.
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by Lima1: 12:28am On Feb 01, 2012
I had that kind of experience in 2010 along warri portharcourt road. I was striped of every penny in my pocket by police at gun point, my car was searched upside down as they said i hide money. I was on that road with them from 8pm to 3am in the morning. It is only God who rescued me from them. Too bad an experience.
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by stagger: 12:53am On Feb 01, 2012
If na me, ha!

Those two police will be struck with madness and will eat in dustbin. How can that happen just like that? That is why I ask people to fortify themselves spiritually so as to deal with bastards like this when occasion calls for it.

Police rob me take my money ke? Dem never born am!
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by kingneo: 3:12am On Feb 01, 2012
go to www.neogenerationnigeria.org to make ur voice count, its time for the new generation to take control of their future/ listen to live naija music
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by otondo55: 6:31am On Feb 01, 2012
Nigeria police remains a joke, they automatically label one a thief once seen you with cash at night.

Thieves on uniform, check out the recruitment process. ex-convicts !
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by lerecity: 7:52am On Feb 01, 2012
revolution.we need to start treating the Bleep up of all these police one afte the other
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by kingneo: 8:16am On Feb 01, 2012
go to www.neogenerationnigeria.org to make ur voice count, its time for the new generation to take control of their future/ listen to live naija music
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by double08(m): 9:40am On Feb 01, 2012
The police men in Warri and devil incarnates I have had so many ordeals with them,I cant even count,if an 'i' is missing from your car papers you are in trouble
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by velo10: 11:30am On Feb 01, 2012
[size=30pt]Isn't there a top police officer or top government official on this forum that can take this case up to make a change in this country? Someone please do something. [/size]
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by KMVBO(m): 11:34am On Feb 01, 2012
Lagos state police PRO--08065541997. (Samuel Jinodu). Is a good guy someone might need his number
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by agitator: 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2012
Which police man be good guy? angry angry angry
Abi u dey find customer for your biz partner? see you dey for ireland dey give number for 9ja?

NO GOOD POLICEMAN FOR 9JA, but when bad thing happen to them their family members go dey lament as if dem be good pipul.
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by velo10: 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2012
agitator:

Which police man be good guy? angry angry angry
Abi u dey find customer for your biz partner? see you dey for ireland dey give number for 9ja?

NO GOOD POLICEMAN FOR 9JA, but when bad thing happen to them their family members go dey lament as if dem be good pipul.

Can't we be supportive for once to solve situations rathr than criticise every good effort we see? Your pessimism isn't needed right now
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:16pm On Feb 01, 2012
velo10:

Can't we be supportive for once to solve situations rathr than criticise every good effort we see? Your pessimism isn't needed right now

You are right though. but going over the history of people who have come to report cases to the police and got thrown in cells. i think his pessimism is well placed. There is a newspaper story from years back that told of a Police Commissioner who decided to go out in Mufti to checkup on how the Police were performing and he was arrested for a non-bookable offense (suspicious ID card) and when he refused to "settle", he was taken to the Station and the story changed into resisting arrest, insulting/assaulting a police officer. at this point he showed his real ID card and everyone scampered for safety. the entire station was empty for fear of Sack grin

GEJ says Police Reforms have begun grin grin grin
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by DPsalmist2(m): 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

I think I posted it here on NL. it was at Ogunlana Round-About between 11:30-12:00 at night. it was a normal routine stop n' search that turned out to be a robbery when they found out i had cash. after trying to negotiate to dash them N3k (when they asked for N30k) out of the generosity of my heart. one pointed a gun through the window and said if i knew what was good for me i had better drop everything. wetin man go do. they were real policemen because until i was all alone they had been stopping and searching other vehicles on that road.

Coincidentally I ran into another checkpoint at stadium with one of the men and he stopped me. I pretended I had never seen him before
I swear if it was me, and I met that bastid again, and let the damn f00l just be in luck that I'm with my gun, i would've waited for a good opportunity and paid the bastard in lead.
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by DPsalmist2(m): 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2012
dasparrow:

Which is why Nigerians in Nigeria will continue to suffer. Simple.
Exactly!! I won't be a victim, They might rob me, and I will give them what they want. But I swear, if i'm with their I.D like this guy, I will track this bastards and bring upon their heads a thousand vengeance
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by DPsalmist2(m): 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2012
stagger:

Next time, mark the policeman's face, find out his family members, and exact a hit. I know a policeman it happened to some years back. Got a guy detained and almost paid for it with his life one year later. He was accosted at a drinking joint by the same guy who was now with his homies, and they beat the policeman to an inch of his life.

Any police that messes with me or any of my family members will not go away free. He will lose something he cannot replace. For real!
That's the spirit!. Although, i won't visit vengeance on an innocent, the pepetrator would go six feet under. But if he's out of luck he will suffer a torturous time before I hand him a one way ticket to hell.
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by velo10: 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

You are right though. but going over the history of people who have come to report cases to the police and got thrown in cells. i think his pessimism is well placed. There is a newspaper story from years back that told of a Police Commissioner who decided to go out in Mufti to checkup on how the Police were performing and he was arrested for a non-bookable offense (suspicious ID card) and when he refused to "settle", he was taken to the Station and the story changed into resisting arrest, insulting/assaulting a police officer. at this point he showed his real ID card and everyone scampered for safety. the entire station was empty for fear of Sack grin

GEJ says Police Reforms have begun grin grin grin

It's really a pitiable situation, when the police which should be a friend abuse authority and uniform to indulge in demeaning crimes like armed robbery. Nigeria is getting rotten by the day. God help us all.
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by AjanleKoko: 8:43am On Feb 02, 2012
Policemen are demons in human form, in Nigeria at least.
Sometimes you wonder if there would be as much crime as there is, if we didn't have any policemen embarassed
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by agitator: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2012
velo10:

Velo10, I don't have to recount how many times these devils have arrested me. The most recent was last October, around 7:50pm we were just rounded like criminals. They told us they just want to ask some questions and took us straight to their station. When we got there the story changed. Personally i knew what was at stake so while in the way i quickly called a friend to come to the station they were taking us to, he came we were released after parting with 10K some night around 12:05am (me and the babe i was with at the time). She was coming back from classes (part time).

In Port Harcourt they just arrange a bus and go out from 7pm and arrest people anyhow. I just pitied one babe (JJC) she was on the other side of the road waiting for the road to clear to enable her cross, while her boyfriend was waiting for her. After crossing the road she thought bus that packed was stopped by the boyfriend and rushed to board when she discovered that it was police arresting people she tried to back out but they just pointed a gun at her and told her to board the bus.

If I want to recount all the atrocities here on nairaland, the server hosting this website will crash angry angry angry
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by velo10: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2012
@Agitator, I feel your agitation. I think Tsav was right that a large percentage of Nigerian police are nothing but Mercenaries. To serve and Protect is a term for decoration.
Re: I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2012
KMVBO:

Lagos state police PRO--08065541997. (Samuel Jinodu). Is a good guy someone might need his number

I will like to suggest something. let us call (let me call Lagos State Police PRO) and invite him to Nairaland for a session on

1: What are the unique challenges facing the NPF in Lagos (we all know the obvious challenges - Funding, Education, Training, Social Skills, Integrity)
2: At a State Level, what is Lagos State Police doing about it, what is their strategy on Fighting Crime while managing a damaging reputation for Corruption and Violence on civilians

I think that is a start, any suggestions

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Factory Discovered In Rigasa, Kaduna / Budget: N16bn Padded In Fashola’s Ministry – Senators / Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.