Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 (121340 Views)

Buhari, Nigeria's President-Elect's Convoy (Photo) / Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures / Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2012
[size=18pt]6th July 1984   -  ITN News  (Video Clip)
Buhari attempts to forcibly capture and return ex-minister exiled in UK and wanted by his regime for looting (Video Clip)[/size]

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1984/07/06/AS060784001/?s=nigeria+&st=2&pn=95&sortBy=date

Scenes from Stansted Airport where exiled former Nigerian minister, Umaru Dikko, was yesterday  (5.7.84) found drugged in a crate.
17 people have been arrested - three of whom were in crates at Stansted with Mr Dikko.

Nigerian govt deny involvement with the kidnapping, but the crate in which Mr Dikko was found was sent from the Nigerian High Commission and addressed to the Ministry of External Affairs in Lagos, where Mr Dikko is wanted for embezzlement.
A British Caledonian plane is being detained at Lagos in a diplomatic move by the Nigerian govt.

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTMMoh7xUQ?version=3[/flash]

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Jakumo(m): 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2012
GenBuhari:

^ Please sincerely answer me yes or no:
Did Buhari arrest any of your relatives?

My answer to this question is really of no consequence, Mini Ayatollah, because your demonic god, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden is guilty of genocide instigation, by international law.

Out of grudging respect for your sheer perseverance in doggedly promoting this lost cause of yours, may I now reassure you that I have no PERSONAL reasons for regarding your poster-boy for Islamic terror, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, with a certain jaded disdain.

One cannot but sense, from your parrot-like repetition of the same pointless question, posed over and over again, that in your view, ONLY those with personal grudges should be entitled to denounce or ridicule the Satanic agenda of murdering felons like Buhari who happen to thrust themselves into the public eye by engaging in organized terror bombing campaigns against the civilian public.  Suffice to say, sir, that such a whimsical, hallucinatory presumption is entirely bereft of merit, though not without its mild entertainment value.

Forgive me for interrupting you as you morosely choke your little lizard over posters of that mass murdering beast.   Now, without further ado,  please have at it with all your might.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2012
@Jakumo,
Ok, by refusing to answer, you have "answered" the question to my satisfaction  grin wink

Jakumo:

My answer to this question is really of no consequence

GenBuhari:

^ Please sincerely answer me yes or no:

Did Buhari arrest any of your relatives?

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Jakumo(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2012
GenBuhari:

@Jakumo,
Ok, by refusing to answer, you have "answered" the question to my satisfaction  grin wink

Your contentment is obviously of paramount importance to me, Mini Ayatollah, so it is good to hear that happiness has found you at last, even as it eludes the families of those several dozen Nigerian Youth Corp election-day draftees who were mob-lynched on the direct orders of your deity Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, as his epic defeat at the polls unfolded once again during Nigeria's most recent presidential contest.

Similarly, dependents and loved ones of those teeming innocents now being slaughtered in northern Nigerian cities, by Buhari's Boko Haram insurgent terrorist group, are unlikely to regard those senseless and ruinous suicide bombings with the same smug spirit of satisfaction you enjoy today.  Be that as it may, the inevitable arrest and trial of Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, for complicity in that electoral bloodshed, as well as in the subsequent terrorist suicide bombing campaign now convulsing northern Nigeria, will ensure that the sorrow of all those recently bereaved will shortly be mitigated by an appreciation that justice was served on the guilty in the fullness of time.
Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2012
^everyone now knows why you hate Buhari so much that you  continously try to spread lies  about him  smiley smiley

BTW Buhari has a christian wife and driver.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Jakumo(m): 2:22pm On Feb 22, 2012
When reality finally intrudes on the parallel universe you have created in your little mind, Mini Ayatollah,  perhaps you could consider the idea of showing up to shout defiant slogans in the courtroom of the International Court of Justice in The Hague, when Ayatollah Buhari finally gets to stand trial there for his crimes against humanity.   

By the way, I do deserve some thanks for helping you keep alive this redundant discussion topic, thus preventing it from dying the natural death it deserved a good while back.
Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
Jakuma,
All I want to tell you is that you should stop hating Buhari because he arrested your relatives for being corrupt or for financial fraud.

Buhari did it for the good of everyone's future including your own.

smiley

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Jakumo(m): 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
But yes of course, Your Majesty.

Your whim is my command, as ever.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2012
Jakumo, was it your papa tha Buhari arrested for corruption?

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2012
[size=18pt]6th July 1984 - ITN News (video clip)
Umaru Dikko case continue to reverberate in the UK [/size]

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1984/07/06/AS060784002/?s=nigeria+1984&st=0&pn=1

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 24, 2012
smiley

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2012
Buhari should be arrested, tried and jail for leading a gang of criminals who took up arms agaisnt the state and trampled upon the laws of the land.
Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 24, 2012
^
Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Jakumo(m): 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
A Predator drone, tasked with vaporizing those ghouls currently organizing and sponsoring terrorist suicide bombers in northern Nigeria, the worlds 5th largest oil producer, would be a mighty fine idea right about now, and the gargoyle shown here would be a superb choice of vermin for disposal under such a strategic neutralization initiative.

Thanks in advance, Uncle Sam. You know what time it is, and what needs doing.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2012
[size=18pt]9th July 1984 - ITN News (Video clip from 8th July 1984[color=#990000][/color])
Nigeria releases detained British Airliner .[/size]

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1984/07/08/AS080784001/?s=nigeria&st=2&pn=1&sortBy=date

The British Caledonian airliner was seized by the Nigerian military authorities in reprisal for the detention of a Nigerian Airways Boeing 707 freighter at Stansted Airport, near London.

Umaru Dikko, a former transport minister, was found drugged inside a wooden crate, bound for Nigeria, with one of his abductors.The cargo, labelled 'Diplomatic Baggage', was opened after suspicious customs officers contacted Scotland Yard.A Nigerian agent was reported to have been arrested along with two Israeli mercenaries.Dikko was placed in hospital under armed guard to recover from the effects of the drugs.Police searched the Nigerian airliner before it was allowed to return to Lagos.

The Lagos Authorities, while denying any participation in the kidnap attempt, would not allow the British Caledonian airliner to leave Nigeria until their aircraft at Stansted was released.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 25, 2012
smiley

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 26, 2012
[size=18pt]14th August 1984 - The NY Times
Nigeria Executes 7 Armed Robbers[/size]

LAGOS, Nigeria, Aug. 13— Seven convicted thieves were executed by firing squad in public Saturday in the southern towns of Uyo and Ikot Ekpene, the News Agency of Nigeria reported today. It said five of those executed had robbed a school headmaster of more than $7,800. The other two stole a taxi, the agency said.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2012
[size=18pt]22nd January 1985 - ITN News
NIGERIA: FOURTH CONGRESS OF OATUU OPENS IN LAGOS.[/size]

The fourth congress of the Organisation of African Trade Union Unity (OATUU) opened in Lagos on January 21, Nigeria's leader, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, opened the gathering, saying that Nigerians attach great importance to the fact that their county was hosting the first OATUU congress to be held in West Africa.

He added that it demonstrated the Organisation's confidence in Nigeria. Buhari told delegates the OATUU has lived up to its primary objective -- to foster unity among African trade unions. He said the bickerings, ideological differences and conflicts which plagued African trade unions before the OATUU was established were now a thing of the past. One of the subjects for discussion at the week-long meeting was the IMF's (International Monetary Fund) role in Africa.

The OATUU prepared a 15-page report on the "danger" the IMF poses to the African continent, and delegates were being asked to take a strong stance against it.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 28, 2012
smiley
Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 29, 2012
[size=18pt] 5th February 1985 -  Toledo Blade, Ohio. Newspaper
Buhari rejects IMF terms for loan[/size]

The Nigerian leader, Gen. Muhammad Buhari, says his country will match Britain;s oil prices even if it means undermining the pricing structure of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, the Financial Times reported yesterday.

The London business daily reported that General Buhari, in an interview in Lagos, also reaffirmed Nigeria's rejection of the International Monetary Fund's terms for a $2.4 billion loan.
General Buhari was quoted as saying the benefits if membership in the cartel outweighed the disadvantages, but that the 13-nation organization had to be realistic and allow flexibility for member countries in financial dificulties, such as Nigeria.

If Britain's North Sea oil prices dropped, Nigeria, which gets 95% of its foreign earnings from oil, would follow suit, he was quoted as saying, adding: "We will have to do that to survive."
General Buhari rejected monetary fund demands that Nigeria devalue its currency, the naira, by 50 to 60 per cent and that the west African country reduce domestic fuel subsidies, the Financial Times said.
The military leader, who came to power in a Dec. 31, 1983, coup, reportedly said higher prices for food and other items would result from devaluation.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 29, 2012
smiley
Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by werepeLeri: 8:36am On Feb 29, 2012
GenBuhari-

I am beginning to be worried about your true state of mental health. You are spamming the forum with these cut and paste stories for what reason? There is no election, there is no campaign, there is no reason to do all these you are doing. Even if Buhari's government was the best ever in Nigeria - that one is now history and should be laid to rest. 1983 to now is a long time. So, please, get your mind together and move on to something more reasonable. We beg of you. Beside - who are you targeting with all these tales by moonlight?

Patriotic and Visionary indeed.
Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 29, 2012
^
shocked
Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
@werepeLeri,

There has been almost 6,000 views of this thread. smiley
Of those 6,000 only you complain.

Na by force that you must read?

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Jakumo(m): 4:42pm On Feb 29, 2012
Ignore the enemies of frogress, Mini Ayatollah.

Tell them that only you have the time and inclination to re-read your own broken-record drivel 5,990 times, while graciously conceding a handful of responses to lesser mortals seeking audiences with you.   Tell them that you will one day rule the restroom of your apartment, all the way from the grimy window in the east, to the mildewed bathroom door in the west, and finally tell them that the elaborate ceremonial regalia you don whenever writing to Nairaland is ALL hand-made by genuine Romanian slave-laborers. 

Ha ha you're on a roll, buddy, but I am paradoxically saddened about your flat REFUSAL to thank ME for my frantic efforts to keep this stale joke alive.   I want to contribute my own small pinched loaf to your fine meal here, enhancing that barnyard flavor with a delicate aroma befitting a King and Mini Ayatollah like you, yet I feel so unappreciated and misunderstood.   

Mini Ayatollah, are you an ANGRY man ?

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2012
@jakumo,
you are funny sha!  grin

But seriously why the deep-rooted  irrational hatred for Buhari? undecided

Was it your father or another relative that Buhari jailed?

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Jakumo(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
You are so mean and heartless to me Mini-Ayatollah, and I don't understand why this is so.  I am now convinced that you beat your wife regularly, so I want to take this opportunity to plead that you stop that practice before you kill her and go to jail.

Here is why I just trashed my hotel room.    Even though you KNOW that all it takes for me to break down sobbing hysterically is for you to invoke those key words "Your Mama" or "Your Papa", you just go on typing those phrases at me REPEATEDLY without a second thought about the ANGST that you are causing.   That, in a nutshell, is why I am mad as hell today, and won't take it anymore ha ha ha.

Anyway, I lighten my mood as needed by contemplating the certainty that God above is painstakingly recording your every mortal sin on this Earth, and that one day He will GRAB and PHOTOGRAPH you like the squalid little tarantula that you are.  Praise the Lord !

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
^^ sorry ooh!

Abeg make u no vex, Buhari na medicine for Nigeria.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 2:10am On Mar 02, 2012
[size=18pt] 5th February 1985 -  Toledo Blade, Ohio. Newspaper
Buhari rejects IMF terms for loan[/size]

The Nigerian leader, Gen. Muhammad Buhari, says his country will match Britain;s oil prices even if it means undermining the pricing structure of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, the Financial Times reported yesterday.

The London business daily reported that General Buhari, in an interview in Lagos, also reaffirmed Nigeria's rejection of the International Monetary Fund's terms for a $2.4 billion loan.
General Buhari was quoted as saying the benefits if membership in the cartel outweighed the disadvantages, but that the 13-nation organization had to be realistic and allow flexibility for member countries in financial dificulties, such as Nigeria.

If Britain's North Sea oil prices dropped, Nigeria, which gets 95% of its foreign earnings from oil, would follow suit, he was quoted as saying, adding: "We will have to do that to survive."
General Buhari rejected monetary fund demands that Nigeria devalue its currency, the naira, by 50 to 60 per cent and that the west African country reduce domestic fuel subsidies, the Financial Times said.
The military leader, who came to power in a Dec. 31, 1983, coup, reportedly said higher prices for food and other items would result from devaluation.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.128.html

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2012
smiley
Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 03, 2012
[size=18pt]28th February 1985  - Herald Journal newspaper
Nigerian court acquits American woman of illegally exporting oil from Nigeria[/size]

Lagos, Nigeria (AP) - A military court  on Wednesay acqutted American businesswoman Marie McBroom of illegally exporting oil from Nigeria. Had she been convicted she could have been executed by a firing squad.
Mrs McBroom, who pleaded innocent to all six counts of the charge, had been in jail for a year and was freed shortly after the acquittal. She went to the U.S> Embassy and called her daughter in New York City.
Dana McBroom Manno said her mother "sounds great. She sounds in very good spirits," and planned to leave Nigeria very soon, perhaps today.

The 59-year-old businessswoman from Jersey City,N.J/, was the first foreigner acquitted of offenses related to Nigeria's petroleum industry by military tribunals established after a coup ousted the civilian government Dec. 31. 1983. A Spanish sea captain has been sentenced to death, and his government is appealing for mercy.

Re: Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 by Jakumo(m): 9:56am On Mar 03, 2012
We must keep this brain-dead topic on life-support for as long as is humanly possible, Mini Ayatollah. Praise the Lord !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho's Bullet Proof With Arabic Inscription On It (Pictures) / Police Capture, Neutralize Ahmed Gulak's Killers (Graphic Pictures) / Kwankwaso's Supporters Burn Their Brooms In Kano After His Defection To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.