Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud (14813 Views)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Ogun State Declears Tuesday 2nd Of February Public Holiday / Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 4:16am On Feb 03, 2012
begwong:

How do u know they are Christians?
when i can see the traits of atheist,budhist,momons,guru maharajis etc commenting!لهرم عجه:

You're trying to make excuses for them?

begwong:

How do u mean? Muslims holidays are mostly based on sighting of the moon while that of Xtians is not.In my opinion,both religions observe almost equal number of holidays in nigeria.
Moslems:small sallah,big sallah,eid el maulud,
Christians:Easter and Xmas.Mind u Newyear is observed by all(chrislam,budhist,hindus etc,

How about the calender? the working days? the school time table? the national anthem? the pledge?
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Nobody: 5:13am On Feb 03, 2012
Abeg my state should never join in any holiday of whatever . Why should my people recognise something that has been slaughtering our own like fowl, you guys need to watch some video and see what im talking about.

NT: christmas and other christian holidays isnt impose on anyone so why are some ppl complaining here?

and funny thing that somebody is talking about tolerance, I wonder how many times a christ fellower has thrown bomb/kill you just for you to practise christ law. nonsense!

This is the reason every state ought to control herselves not only on resource so that cases like this wont be of any headache to my hardworking guys from my state.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Nobody: 5:21am On Feb 03, 2012
If you want use the calender, If you dont like it then join al majili or whatever on street and throw bomb as usual, nobody impose it on anybody, Stop using your clock self!, infact damage that computer/phone you looking at right now! who cares! you arent any better than bokoharams that burnt their school certificate cos its not of muslim abi mohammed! nonsense!

abeg when is valentine, its better celebrated than this.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 5:26am On Feb 03, 2012
Toaskarity:

Abeg my state should never join in any holiday of whatever . Why should my people recognise something that has been slaughtering our own like fowl, you guys need to watch some video and see what im talking about.

NT: christmas and other christian holidays isnt impose on anyone so why are some ppl complaining here?

and funny thing that somebody is talking about tolerance, I wonder how many times a christ fellower has thrown bomb/kill you just for you to practise christ law. nonsense!

This is the reason every state ought to control herselves not only on resource so that cases like this wont be of any headache to my hardworking guys from my state.

Do anyone in Nigeria go to work on Easter Monday?
If Christmas fall on a work day, do you go to work or anyone you know?

Be reasonable pls, what's good for the goose, complete it if you're reasonable enough.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 03, 2012
^^^^pls did the constitution says everybody shouldnt go to work?

sultan of sokoto should mandate all muslim to go to work on that day, who cares.

this is why we need true fedralism atleast muslim states wont be complainig about not going to work on easter day/ christmas and lets live in peace.its all this nonsense that cause some guys in a need for sharia law so they wont be counting day with calender. embarassed
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by chuqudy(m): 8:06am On Feb 03, 2012
snthesis:

why is the public holiday just for one day angry angry angry angry- The Nigerian Govt is Marginalizing the Muslims angry, i suggest the good Muslim folks protest against this unjust marginalization cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

By killing, bombing, etc. The image of Islam has so much been damaged. It is time this type of Islam be scraped from Nigeria. Believe me, time will come when even muslims in Nigeria will begin to denounce Islam. Nigerian Islam has no value for human life and dignity.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by OgeneDom(m): 8:36am On Feb 03, 2012
Thank God, this weekend will be hectic so Monday will make it up
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by anataala: 8:48am On Feb 03, 2012
@chuqudy (m)
i want u to know the image of Islam will never be damaged because God is the one that judges our hearts, and because of bombings and killings believe me even Christians kills but we are not here to make comparison but you should no in any religion u will see people that will use religion to achieve certain things, for example most of the kidnappings,Fake Drugs,Arm robbery,women trafficking and so on u will quite agree with me is our mostly our fellow Christians that are fun of doing it, but we have not said Christianity is damaged but rather we should for solutions not blames. majority of Nigerian Muslims are peace abiding citizens and are also against the activity of Boko Haram. in Islam who ever kills an innocent life Muslim or christian that person will face the anger of Allah
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by hardbody: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2012
Na wa 4 9ja ooo. It is a muslim holiday, we should savour the benefit of sit at home, the same way they savour the benefits of all the christian holidays (although most of them are based on paganistic origin e.g Christmas and to some extent Easter). All these tantrums being thrown are just uncalled for, Nigeria is a secular state and we should make room for one another. By the way, i profess christianity but i see all these other Northern brothers as human, it is just a tiny minority that have been brain-washed to believe they must kill 'infidels' so that they can go to paradise and acquire seven (7) virgins.

In the meantime, i will rest wella on Monday, or maybe drive out to swim at the club, what a wonderful off-day smiley cheesy
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 9:11am On Feb 03, 2012
Toaskarity:

^^^^pls did the constitution says everybody shouldnt go to work?

sultan of sokoto should mandate all muslim to go to work on that day, who cares.

this is why we need true fedralism atleast muslim states wont be complainig about not going to work on easter day/ christmas and lets live in peace.its all this nonsense that cause some guys in a need for sharia law so they wont be counting day with calender. embarassed

You OBVIOUSLY don't know anything about what you're saying

WHAT IS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY?
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Rad1cal: 9:25am On Feb 03, 2012
wetin concern national anthem and pledge with religion

WTF  cool  angry
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 9:32am On Feb 03, 2012
^^^^

You see what i am talking about? you guys should start being reasonable to our Muslim brothers.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Rad1cal: 9:40am On Feb 03, 2012
honeric01:

^^^^

You see what i am talking about? you guys should start being reasonable to our Muslim brothers.

Stop being sensational and explain the below.

Me wan learn abeg cool

Rad1cal:

wetin concern national anthem and pledge with religion

WTF  cool  angry
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by AMADU77: 9:44am On Feb 03, 2012
smiley
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 9:53am On Feb 03, 2012
Rad1cal:

Stop being sensational and explain the below.

Me wan learn abeg  cool

I should be the one asking you why you think it's okay to have a "christian" friendly pledge and anthem when we are in a secular country.

Ever listened to KSA's national anthem?
Ever listened to that of the USA?

The former is a religious country : ISLAM
America is ALSO a RELIGIOUS country whether you like it or not (83% are at least "Christians"wink so i say : CHRISTIANITY

But can you say same with Nigeria where both major religions are like 45% each with 10% left for pagans and other gods worshipers.

Now you see where i am coming from? let's always do things the way they should be, if we are going to be a secular country, then let us not be partial.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Rad1cal: 10:27am On Feb 03, 2012
honeric01:

I should be the one asking you why you think it's okay to have a "christian" friendly pledge and anthem when we are in a secular country.

Ever listened to KSA's national anthem?
Ever listened to that of the USA?

The former is a religious country : ISLAM
America is ALSO a RELIGIOUS country whether you like it or not (83% are at least "Christians"wink so i say : CHRISTIANITY

But can you say same with Nigeria where both major religions are like 45% each with 10% left for pagans and other gods worshipers.

Now you see where i am coming from? let's always do things the way they should be, if we are going to be a secular country, then let us not be partial.

bros, you are just roving without provision for the questions raised . . . again

[size=16pt]wetin concern national anthem and pledge with with bias to Christianity  cool [/size]
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 11:32am On Feb 03, 2012
Rad1cal:

bros, you are just roving without provision for the questions raised . . . again

[size=16pt]wetin concern national anthem and pledge with with bias to Christianity  cool [/size]

Simple: Sing the Anthem and recite the pledge word by word, then tell me how it sounds, the lyrics, which religion does it support most? sounds more like a Christianed anthem and pledge. (GOD mostly used by Christians while ALLAH is what Muslims use), so you have your answers.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Rad1cal: 11:52am On Feb 03, 2012
honeric01:

Simple: Sing the Anthem and recite the pledge word by word, then tell me how it sounds, the lyrics, which religion does it support most? sounds more like a Christianed anthem and pledge. (GOD mostly used by Christians while ALLAH is what Muslims use), so you have your answers.

What is the meaning of Allah ? . .

Is Allah different from God ?

If Allah is different from God ?

Then who is this Allah ?

Bros, you dey tabon seriously. You for suggest make we dey use arabic teach and sing the national anthem for school instead.

You simply have no basis for sustaining this lame reasoning cool
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by jayplect(m): 11:56am On Feb 03, 2012
in my own opinion ASUU shuld have waited till like next week before calling off the strike with this holiday being declared. you can imagine lecturers telling us that they are preparing for us that lecture will resume fully next week.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Konnektions146(m): 1:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
abeg i need the holiday,
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2012
Rad1cal:

What is the meaning of Allah ? . .

Then who is this Allah ?

Bros, you dey tabon seriously. You for suggest make we dey use arabic teach and sing the national anthem for school instead.

Oh so to support your "reasoning", both now means God? grin Nigerians and lies grin

When you want to bash the religion, you claim ALLAH is not God, but when you wan lie with am, ALLAH na God.

So what about the working days partiality? undecided
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by lerecity: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2012
Why promoting this boko haramic religion. Every body should go to work on monday. I will work on monday.

if you want to go to work on monday,who is holding you back,baboon

you had better come out and let us enligthen you on the word islam

what is the different between you and boko haram?
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Rad1cal: 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2012
honeric01:

Oh so to support your "reasoning", both now means God? grin [b][size=18pt]Nigerians and lies ;[/size][/b]D

When you want to bash the religion, you claim ALLAH is not God, but when you wan lie with am, ALLAH na God.

So what about the working days partiality? undecided

If you say am lying kindly furnish me answers to my post below

Rad1cal:

[size=16pt]What is the meaning of Allah ? . .

Then who is this Allah ?
[/size]
Bros, you dey tabon seriously. You for suggest  make we dey use arabic teach and sing the national anthem for school instead.

You should have stuck to the working days issue than input highlighted below

honeric01:

You're trying to make excuses for them?

How about the calender? the working days? the school time table?[size=16pt] the national anthem? the pledge[/size]?
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2012
Rad1cal:

If you say am lying kindly furnish me answers to my post below

You should have stuck to the working days issue than input highlighted below

It's easy, what do Muslims call the own supreme being? God or Allah?
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Rad1cal: 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
honeric01:

It's easy, what do Muslims call the own supreme being? God or Allah?

Again  cool , enlarged so you see clearly

Rad1cal:

[size=14pt]What is the meaning of Allah ? . .

Then who is this Allah ?

Bros, you dey tabon seriously. You for suggest  make we dey use arabic teach and sing the national anthem for school instead.

[/size]
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Kx: 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
Even after the one week strike?
How else does a nation display lack of seriousness?
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2012
what na? haba i was expecting money on monday fah sad wetin una dey celebrate? abegi angry
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
true sha, make this muslims pray for forgiveness, una sin plenty, i mean see blood on your hands, cry
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
Rad1cal:

Again  cool , enlarged so you see clearly

They use ALLAH worldwide and not God, since the country's a secular country, what is GOD even doing in the anthem/pledge?
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Rad1cal: 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2012
honeric01:

They use ALLAH worldwide and not God, since the country's a secular country, what is GOD even doing in the anthem/pledge?

So Allah is not God by your adamant response. Good, it's noted .

If God is not suppose to be in the National anthem/pledge

Then permit me to say you accept that this holiday is useless grin. cos your post suggest same cool
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2012
Rad1cal:

So Allah is not God by your adamant response. Good, it's noted .

If God is not suppose to be in the National anthem/pledge

Then permit me to say you accept that this holiday is useless grin. cos your post suggest same cool

The last time i checked, i can type myself, the fact that i didn't type what you typed means they are your words.

Now back to the topic: you don't believe in their Allah and they also do not believe in your God, they call their own Allah and you call yours God. Since both religion are set to exist in a secular nation, there shouldn't have even been a God in the Anthem/pledge in the first place.

You know in you that their own version of "God" is different from your own version of "Allah", so they are being shortchanged.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Rad1cal: 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2012
honeric01:

[size=16pt]The last time i checked, i can type myself, the fact that i didn't type what you typed means they are your words.[/size]

Now back to the topic: you don't believe in their Allah and they also do not believe in your God, they call their own Allah and you call yours God. Since both religion are set to exist in a secular nation, there shouldn't have even been a God in the Anthem/pledge in the first place.

[size=16pt]You know in you that their own version of "God" is different from your own version of "Allah",[/size] so they are being shortchanged.

I like trapping your likes in your lies and hypocrisy

The highlighted words is a mirror reflection of your thoughts

Cos i did not in anyway say Allah is not God, if i said so, please highlight or forever stop lying [/b]and it's not far from what i posted below .

Rad1cal:

[b][size=16pt]So Allah is not God by your adamant response. Good, it's noted[/size]

[size=16pt]If God is not suppose to be in the National anthem/pledge

Then permit me to say you accept that this holiday is useless  grin. cos your post suggest same  cool
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fighting In Ogun House Of Assembly / Service Chiefs Shun Reps As Speaker Runs To Buhari For Help / Senate confirms AMCON, FIRS Board members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.