Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! (12227 Views)

Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More / Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) / The Firstfruit Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by claremont(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2012
A true moral action is an altruistic action performed for ITS OWN SAKE. It is not publicly announced, it is not done in the hope of getting something back in return, it is not done in other to receive the eulogies of men; it is done for its own sake. Anyone who doesn't fulfil this objective test, has completely voided the morality in the action performed. It no longer becomes a moral action, it becomes an IMMORAL, and vain action.

I would rather send every penny I can spare to my parents who bore me, and non-religious charitable organisations (e.g. UNICEF, Medicins Sans Frontiers), than give to any religious group.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by sunnychuks(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2012
First fruit indeed.some people have been brainwashed by their rich Pastors to donate their first fruit or first salary of the year to them. You will be more blessed when such benevolence is given to people in need like motherless children ,old people,s home or Accident victims at hospital. Grow up dude.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 11:55am On Feb 04, 2012
@ baby-boy
Its good to know!!!

I did mine 2 months ago
whao, very inspiring. thats a big step of faith.

@ acidosis
omopastor, Whom are you giving that money, it is better to give that money to your parents or grandparents. They trained you with their hard earn money, now you want to give it to a sugar coated-talking & a tinted suit-wearing MOG.

Better to pay tithes, but which one is first fruit again?
do you know the scriptures at all?

@ goshen360
And why do you have to bring it here to tell us before you even do it? I tell you the truth, you have your reward already before men. Do your giving in secret and your heavenly father that sees in the secret will reward you openly.

God have mercy.
leave that between me and my God, you have no say in this so keep your scriptures to yourself.

@manmustwac & dare2think
he is trying to promote the giving of first fruits and wants  wants everybody to be like him and dash money to our pastors. I'd rather send my money back home via western union they'd value it more than these already rich pastors.
you are short-changing yourself, you have no idea what you are missing bro! mine is to give and be blessed, whatever happens to the monies is none of my biz.

@plaetton
I doubt if this Op is giving anything. He is a reciever and not a giver.
Genuine givers dont promote their intention to give before doing so. Fishy.
looks like a snake oil salesman trying to promote his product.
If he had any christian blood running through his veins, he would look around him and give to the so many needy in his midst.
what do you know? your show of ignorance of the scriptures is second to none.

am amused at how so many on this forum boldly come to to display their unskillfulness in the scriptures. it shows they study the Word with their mind shutting out the Spirit, what a shame! if you truly allow the Holy Spirit teach you the Word, you will be amazed at the innumerable revelations that will flood your spirit. until you learn to listen to the Spirit, you just can see beyond your nose.

@ joagbaje
There are different kinds of givings in the bible , giving to the poor is only one of them. One giving does jot supplant the other. They all have their places.
Giving to ; The poor, parents, Man of God, offerings ,tithes, projects etc, we must do all.
please help me tell them, how can they know if no one tells them?

@ grey beard
My guy, give all you want to but if you are going to give then give for the sake of giving - and not for the sake of receiving. God is not a money-doubler!
financial prosperity is just the "jara" of what i am receiving in returns, what i am receiving is far beyond what you can imagine. though you sound a little close to the truth but you must learn to live by the Word not by wants.

@ kaygeminix
i tot first fruit was done with the first salary
yea it is for the salary earner but to me its a personal revelation which makes me honour my God with my first pay for the year. its beyond what man can explain, this is the reason why many on this forum find it strange but do you blame them? how can you see when you are blind? the Word is the light, it opens your eyes to kingdom principles that are concealed from bible mind-readers.
i have been doing this for some time now and i cannot stop cos its a personal revelation to me. i have never regretted doing this cos its something i really enjoy doing, this is the reason am shouting it out so others can see that Gods financial plan is countless and sure.
so if you have not done it before, do it now and watch yourself grow beyond limits.

my check book is ready and my pen is on the mark, we are all dropping the seed come tomorrow  cool cool cool smiley cool cool cool
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by staggerman(m): 11:55am On Feb 04, 2012
If you must give, give only to those in need. There is no commandment for Sons of God to become subject to the laws of men according to the laws of Moses.
In Matthew 25, Lord Jesus describes the rewards for those who give to Him by giving to the poor, and the judgement on those who reject Him by neglecting the poor in their needs.
A true Son of God doesn't seek riches by any means, He knows that he has all things at his disposal, and seeks to use them to guide men into all Truth.
Sons of God have the responsibility to care for the sick, poor, afflicted, oppressed and broken hearted. We are called to save not to be saved, to enrich, not to be enriched, to heal not to be healed.
If Christ truly dwells in you, the dead will be quickened at the sound of your voice, the sick will be healed at your touch, and the naked, homeless and hungry will be blessed with their needs at contact with you.
If truly we are sent as Lord Jesus (who lives forever) also was sent (John 17:18, John 20:21), then our mission cannot be different from His, nor the power to carry out such Divine mission lesser than what He had. If He gave not according to to the law but by love to those in need, we also should do the same and not seek to restore again that which has been abolished. The law is past, the Spirit is come.
We are Sons of God, servants of men, and masters of the devil.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by victorian(f): 11:57am On Feb 04, 2012
i felt dissapointd and simply cut off d relationship . I cried to God and He helpd me out, as always. And i thank God am standing firm wit Him.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
People that criticize this kind of thing are those that have problems with giving. God does not operate democracy, He is God; monarch of the universe, the strong and breasted One, the ancient of days, the bishop of my soul, the beautifier of my life, my King my Saviour, the One that was, is and is to come, the creator of all, the unchanging changer, just to mention a few. when He says it, He does it. i wonder what many are thinking arguing with Him or even correcting Him.

if you have problem with giving better check yourself very well cos money is a spirit that must not dominate you. until you make money your slave and servant, you will live running after it and eventually dominated by it.

what many people hold unto like goalkeepers is what some are dropping on the alter and yet growing bigger.

give your firstfruit and see how you will fly this year. i do not know january as a long month any longer cos i have conquered that.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by oloriooko(m): 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2012
giving firsrfruit is not easy bro just as i still have some things am struggling with in my life now but i know i will overcome sha.

but if someone can go through pains giving, the pastors should be prudent in spending and not bring shame to the church by being unnecessarily flamboyant.

bro i feel you sha but we shall get there wink
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2012
Why do you Nigerians easily fall to the trap of this sweet-mouth pastors? Read the life and ministry of Jesus and his apostles/diciples you notice that Jesus and his apostles never approved of that. Imagine where a single mother was asked to give her first fruit, she gave her January salary to the fraudster pastor. She couldn't pay for her children school,
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Enigma(m): 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2012
Meanwhile . . . .

Jesus NEVER asked anyone to pay/give "first fruits"!

Peter NEVER asked anyone to pay/give "first fruits"!

James NEVER asked anyone to pay/give "first fruits"!

Paul NEVER asked anyone to pay/give "first fruits"!

Only modern THIEVES are asking people for "first fruits"!  wink

cool
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by God2man(m): 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2012
Up till now, Anti-tithers are still opposed to the doctrine of tithe, again, anti-tithers are saying no to first fruit offering. How do they want the church to be developed? Do they want the church to expire? They claimed, tithe should be given to the poor, they are now saying that the first fruit is a fraud. I wonder what kind of christian we have on nairaland.God2man.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2012
@ petaling
Why do you Nigerians easily fall to the trap of this sweet-mouth pastors?
cos they do not study the scriptures with the help of the Holy Spirit. the Word of God is God's answer!

Read the life and ministry of Jesus and his apostles/disciples you notice that Jesus and his apostles never approved of that.
and i think you are one of the Nigerians that study the Word without the Holy Spirit.

Imagine where a single mother was asked to give her first fruit, she gave her January salary to the fraudster pastor.
this is where the problem lies; she gave it to the fraudster pastor but not to God! your seed must also be watered as you are expectant and speaking in tongues and do not dig up your seed immediately with the words you speak touching what you sowed. your harvest can be delayed by what you say and it can be expedited by what you say.

She couldn't pay for her children school,
it cannot happen cos your seed must produce harvest for you!
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Enigma(m): 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2012
God2man:

Up till now, Anti-tithers are still opposed to the doctrine of tithe, again, anti-tithers are saying no to first fruit offering. How do they want the church to be developed? Do they want the church to expire? They claimed, tithe should be given to the poor, they are now saying that the first fruit is a fraud. I wonder what kind of christian we have on nairaland.God2man. 

"First fruit" is fraud and only preached by THIEVES!

Otherwise show us where Jesus or Peter or James or Paul or any other apostle taught or asked people to pay "first fruits".

cool
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Emmysteve(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
bulksms247:

For non working people like students, your own first fruit is the first money that entered into your hand as a gift in a year.

Does this implies that i have eaten my first fruit already?
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by MichaelJimmy: 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2012
Giving is our nature.Each time we give we become bigger and better.Go ahead guy!
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2012
@ michael jimmy
am on it bro and nothing can stop me. thanks bro!!!
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Enigma(m): 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2012
Compare the words of a "pastor" preaching "first fruits"

Joagbaje:

That's a mistake most people do ,taking their first fruits to parents. Firsts fruits belongs to God. And first fruits is not for the pastor nor any giving. The only thing that belongs to a pastor are things specifically giving to the pastor. What people give in church belong to church and God.

with the words of Jesus!

Mark 7
9 And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’ 11 But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban’ (that is, a gift devoted to God), 12 then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by 2good(m): 1:15pm On Feb 04, 2012
bulksms247:

I will try to be explaintory here but before then, some read Exodus 23:16. God does not lie.

First fruit is hard to do and many pastors don't teach for fear of losing their members but frm what my pastor taught me about it I will try to explain here.

First fruit is the first money that comes into your hand from your business on the first business day of the year, all your profits that day is your first fruit.

For non working people like students, your own first fruit is the first money that entered into your hand as a gift in a year.

For salary earners; your first fruit is your first salary after you might have removed your expenses from the salary, what ever remains is your first fruit, that is the bitter truth.

For people that do farming, your first fruits is first harvest u got from ur farm or the first gain you made from selling the first harvest from ur farm in a year.

Same applies to all endeavours of life.

Just like exodus 23:16.

Thanks

First your bible said you should not add and remove from the word of god. Now where in your bible was first fruit talked about directly and dont give a quote that have several possible interpretation.
Secondly, who gave your pastor the right to break down first fruit the way he has done?
Thirdly, you guys should ask questions objectively and don't accept everything you are fed
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by 2good(m): 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

There are different kinds of givings in the bible , giving to the poor is only one of them. One giving does jot supplant the other. They all have their places.

Giving to ; The poor, parents, Man of God, offerings ,tithes, projects etc, we must do all.

You are so much in support of this because you are a pastor and hence a direct beneficiary of this program, so I don't expect you not to be an advocate of first fruit, which to me is a way of defrauding gullible people
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Enigma(m): 1:22pm On Feb 04, 2012
Following post #47, I like to set out this simpler version from the NLT for clarity on the point.

9 Then he said, “You skillfully sidestep God’s law in order to hold on to your own tradition. 10 For instance, Moses gave you this law from God: ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and ‘Anyone who speaks disrespectfully of father or mother must be put to death.’ 11 But you say it is all right for people to say to their parents, ‘Sorry, I can’t help you. For I have vowed to give to God what I would have given to you.’ 12 In this way, you let them disregard their needy parents. 13 And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition. And this is only one example among many others.”
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by ujchief(m): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2012
first fruit is biblical, so is tithing! If u think payin ur tithe and first fruit means givin to a pastor, then u're of all men, most miserable! U're droping ur seeds at God's alter!
For those condemin the op makin it public, hes done nutin wrong. Jesus' teachin about secret givin in mat 6;1-4 talks about givin 'alms', alms is a voluntary gift u give to the poor, not to God, thats wat Jesus asked u not to make public! Note that God didnt ask us to 'give' our tithe but to 'pay' it. U pay wat u owe, so our tithe and first fruit is a depth we owe to God, and u dont rob God.
If u stil argue wit this and claim u ought to giv to the poor, go ahead! He that soweth to the flesh shall of flesh reap condemnation
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by doofanc: 1:33pm On Feb 04, 2012
Is it the entire package one gives? Or you make deductions first?
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by ujchief(m): 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2012
this same argument erupted when mary magdalene broke a costly perfume at Jesus feet. Judas, the treasurer knew the value of the perfume and was vexed, sayin, we wuld hav sold this perfume and givin to the POOR! note that it is stil the same line of judas reasonin that a lot of posters here are takin, sayin, 'why not giv the money to the poor, or to ur parents, instead of givin to God. Many people in the synagogue that day concurd wit judas. But jesus rebuked them and said, 'the poor shal u always hav in ur midst'
need i say more?the bible said spiritual things are not for the carnal, for they see it as stupidity. God uses the foolish things of this word to confound the wise
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by ujchief(m): 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2012
this same argument erupted when mary magdalene broke a costly perfume at Jesus feet. Judas, the treasurer knew the value of the perfume and was vexed, sayin, we wuld hav sold this perfume and givin to the POOR! note that it is stil the same line of judas reasonin that a lot of posters here are takin, sayin, 'why not giv the money to the poor, or to ur parents, instead of givin to God. Many people in the synagogue that day concurd wit judas. But jesus rebuked them and said, 'the poor shal u always hav in ur midst'
need i say more?the bible said spiritual things are not for the carnal, for they see it as stupidity. God uses the foolish things of this word to confound the wise
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by ujchief(m): 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2012
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^^ Nice comparism.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by jidewin(m): 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2012
Poster just needed your attention as he MOCKINGLY made this post.live him alone.He is not paying anything.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Kaboom1: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2012
For those that don't know much about "First fruit" can you please elaborate more giving references where Jesus mentioned it. Thanks
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by yemisi82(f): 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2012
I really appreciate ur level of obedient, dn't relent in doing dis n u can neva regret doing dis, its my dream to do dis wen i start working. U are lifted guy.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by buzugee(m): 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2012
if i remember correctly, the benefit of the first fruit or tithe is to help the financially poor amongst the people and to help those who have fully dedicated their life to God. the first fruits are collected from everybody. then it is shared equally amongst everybody. say for xample, 3 people bring their first fruit. first person brings 10,000 naira. second person is a poor man and brings 50 naira. third person is a modern day levite who is fully committed to the lords work and is a priest, so he cant afford anything. this makes a combined amount of 10,050. this is shared equally amongst the three. so they each get 3,350 naira. if your preacher is not doing this, then you are getting scammed. plain and simple. first fruits and tithes are meant to be shared equally amongst the people. this is a way of helping the poor and those fully dedicated to the lord.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Kaboom1: 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2012
ujchief:

Nope you cant equate Jesus with Pastors of today,  Very sorry to burst your bubbles. Jesus was a special case and he was definitely going to die (when he made those remarks) so you cant equate it with Pastors that might live to be 70-100yrs. Again Born again Christians are not Jewish of old and they are not Jewish today so please stop mixing things up. If God requires First-fruit from born again Christians in the new testament then it is very good to obey but if it's a Jewish law or requirement then nobody should be drumming it as you don't obey or observe other Jewish laws and traditions in Leviticus, You cant choose which to obey and which to ignore, you don't have that luxury.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by TV01(m): 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2012
OmoPastor:

i have been doing this for some time now and i cannot stop cos its a personal revelation to me.

Hello OmoPastor,

In as much as your action is precipitated on a "personal revelation", would it not be more fitting for you to urge other believers to seek that same revelation for themselves? helping them to understand how and why? Surely then, as you recieved it so will they and as you cling to it in faith, they will do likewise? When does one' personal revelation become dogma for all?

Even more questionable when you responded thus to someone who queried you

@ goshen360
And why do you have to bring it here to tell us before you even do it? I tell you the truth, you have your reward already before men. Do your giving in secret and your heavenly father that sees in the secret will reward you openly.

God have mercy.

leave that between me and my God, you have no say in this so keep your scriptures to yoursel.f

If from the Holy Spirit, point to Him, if from study, perhaps you could share that.  It would be even more of a service if you did either of those and additionally retired the diatribe about believers shutting out the Holy Spirit or not studying the word or being unskilled therein.

Thanks
TV
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by deadie(m): 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2012
Yea, go ahead r*tard, give your hard earned money to the fraud who goes by the name of 'man of God'. Anuohia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Repentance In The Grave- Is This Possible / As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy / Whats Your Best 4 Letter Christian Word?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.