Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! (12069 Views)

Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More / Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) / The Firstfruit Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Zikkyy(m): 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2012
Joagbaje:
Don't give to God what Is for parents,
Don't give to The poor what is for God
Don't give to parent what Is for God
Don't give to the poor what is for the man of God.
Don't give to the man of God what is for God.

I don't see how the Mark verse support your assertions above, maybe you should take another look.

Mark 7:11-13 (NIV)
11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Verse 9 of same chapter refers to you. you observe your own traditions setting aside God's command

Mark 7:9 (NIV)
9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe[a] your own traditions!

If you must contribute, contribute by answering the question below

Enigma:

4. What is the difference between giving to God and giving to the needy?
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by FXKing2012(m): 8:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
Ok I want to put an end to this argument. As a Christian I follow every word that is in the Bible, and by that I mean every word in the Bible that applies to me. And there is no where is the new testament (which is the part that applies to us becos we are not under the law of Moses but under grace) where it is stated that we should pay tithe, offering, first fruit, etc. We are only enjoined to give (to the poor, for the work of the kingdom, etc), but not to pastors on a regular basis like it's a necessity.
If you disagree, pls show me anywhere in the new testament where we are directed to pay tithe or offering or first fruit.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by BERNIMOORE: 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2012
[b]@ FXKing2012.

joagbaje has surprised me by quoting mathew 23:23; in the new testament to butress his point about paying tithe, please read;,

joagbaje's quote;

Matthew 23:23
. . .  for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

NOW READ THE FULL SENTENCE AS IT APPEARS IN FULL IN THE BIBLE; COMPARE THEM PLS;

Mathew 23;23,

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

THE MAIN CLAUSE OF THE SENTENCE;( “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!)

WAS REMOVED,WHICH IS THE CLAUSE THAT CONTAIN THE REAL MESSAGE WHERE JESUS ''CURSED THE CHIEF PRIESTS THAT ''WOE TO YOU''AND HYPOCRYTES,

and therefore renders the rest ''sub-ordinate sentence contained in the paragraph( For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.) without meaning as it cant stand alone.

THE REASON WHY JESUS DECLARE WOE TO THE PHARISEES WHO ARE ALSO JEWISH PRIEST IS THAT UNDER THE LAW COVENANT,THE PRIESTS (LEVI) WERE PERMITTED TO RECEIVE TITHES,AND PAY TITHES.

HEB 7 9-10,

9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak,

10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him

AND THEY (LEVI-PRIESTS) ARE TO USE THE PART OF THE TITHES TO TAKE CARE OF( (to the fatherless and poor), MAKE GOOD JUDGEMENT OR JUSTICE BETWEEN THE RICH AND POOR, HAVE MERCY FOR THE POOR AND FAITH IN GOD.

OF WHICH THEY FAILED WOEFULLY,

THE PHARISEES AS PRIEST WOULD ONLY PAY THEIR TITHE AND 'BLOW' THE TRUMPET SO THAT OTHERS WOULDBE  FORCED  TO PAY TITHES AS REQUIREMENTS,

Mathew 23:24;jesus stressed this by saying;

24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!  

FOR THAT ACT ALONE JESUS DECLARE THEIR ACTION AS ''HYPOCRYTES'' BY STICKING TO THE TITHE OF THE OLD LAW.AND ARE HYPOCRYTES BECAUSE THEY DONT WORK AT ALL,BUT 'JUST REMOVE TEHTH PART OF THE TITHE THEY EXTORTED TO PAY FOR THEIR OWN TITHE,AND THEN MAKE NOICE AND ANNOUNCE TO EVERYBODY.

THAT THEY ARE ALSO HYPOCRYTES APPLYING PARTLY A LAW THAT ''SUIT THEM OR ENRICH'' THEM IN A SELECTED MANNER, BUT REFUSED TO ALSO APPLY THE PURPOSE  THAT THE LAW{TITHE UNDER MOSES}WAS ESTABLISHED BOUND AND  CONTAINED IN SAME OLD LAW COVENANT THAT ALSO CONTAIN THE TITHE COVENANT IN SAME MANNER.

HEB 7-18,19 AND 22. ASSERTS THAT;

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

THIS KNOWLEDGE MAKES JESUS DECLARE TO THE PHARISEE AND THE CHIEF PRIESTS THAT;

MATHEW 21;43-45.

43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. 44 And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”

45 Now when the chief priests and Pharisees heard His parables, they perceived that He was speaking of them.

JESUS THEREFORE CAST WOE TO THEM FOR FAILING TO RECOGNISE THIS NEW ARRANGEMENT BY STILL STURBORNLY STICK TO THE OLD LAW COVENANT.

PLEASE YOU CAN COPY AND SAVE ALL THIS ASSERTIONS TO VERIFY FROM YOUR BIBLE AND ALSO TESTIFY TO THE ''LOGICAL TRUTH AS IT IS BEING UNFOLD''

let all Glory be directed only to God,for the knowledge and not to us humans.Thanks.

[/b]
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Goshen360(m): 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^^ God bless you greatly. Believe me, a time is coming and the time is now when knowledge will increase and any man deceiving God's people will be exposed. I HAVE WRITTEN ARTICLE ON TITHE AND REMAIN ON IT, TITHE IS NOT PART OF OUR FINANCIAL CHRISTIAN OBLIGATIONS IN TODAY'S CHRISTIAN AGE. MANY MEN OF GOD TEACH THIS LEAVING THE OTHER PARTS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT JUST TO FINANCE THEIR DENOMINATIONS AND UNGODLY PROJECTS.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by FXKing2012(m): 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2012
BERNIMOORE:

[b]@ FXKing2012.

joagbaje has surprised me by quoting mathew 23:23; in the new testament to butress his point about paying tithe, please read;,

joagbaje's quote;

NOW READ THE FULL SENTENCE AS IT APPEARS IN FULL IN THE BIBLE; COMPARE THEM PLS;

Mathew 23;23,

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

THE MAIN CLAUSE OF THE SENTENCE;( “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!)

WAS REMOVED,WHICH IS THE CLAUSE THAT CONTAIN THE REAL MESSAGE WHERE JESUS ''CURSED THE CHIEF PRIESTS THAT ''WOE TO YOU''AND HYPOCRYTES,

and therefore renders the rest ''sub-ordinate sentence contained in the paragraph( For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.) without meaning as it cant stand alone.

THE REASON WHY JESUS DECLARE WOE TO THE PHARISEES WHO ARE ALSO JEWISH PRIEST IS THAT UNDER THE LAW COVENANT,THE PRIESTS (LEVI) WERE PERMITTED TO RECEIVE TITHES,AND PAY TITHES.

HEB 7 9-10,

9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak,

10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him

AND THEY (LEVI-PRIESTS) ARE TO USE THE PART OF THE TITHES TO TAKE CARE OF( (to the fatherless and poor), MAKE GOOD JUDGEMENT OR JUSTICE BETWEEN THE RICH AND POOR, HAVE MERCY FOR THE POOR AND FAITH IN GOD.

OF WHICH THEY FAILED WOEFULLY,

THE PHARISEES AS PRIEST WOULD ONLY PAY THEIR TITHE AND 'BLOW' THE TRUMPET SO THAT OTHERS WOULDBE  FORCED  TO PAY TITHES AS REQUIREMENTS,

Mathew 23:24;jesus stressed this by saying;

24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!  

FOR THAT ACT ALONE JESUS DECLARE THEIR ACTION AS ''HYPOCRYTES'' BY STICKING TO THE TITHE OF THE OLD LAW.AND ARE HYPOCRYTES BECAUSE THEY DONT WORK AT ALL,BUT 'JUST REMOVE TEHTH PART OF THE TITHE THEY EXTORTED TO PAY FOR THEIR OWN TITHE,AND THEN MAKE NOICE AND ANNOUNCE TO EVERYBODY.

THAT THEY ARE ALSO HYPOCRYTES APPLYING PARTLY A LAW THAT ''SUIT THEM OR ENRICH'' THEM IN A SELECTED MANNER, BUT REFUSED TO ALSO APPLY THE PURPOSE  THAT THE LAW{TITHE UNDER MOSES}WAS ESTABLISHED BOUND AND  CONTAINED IN SAME OLD LAW COVENANT THAT ALSO CONTAIN THE TITHE COVENANT IN SAME MANNER.

HEB 7-18,19 AND 22. ASSERTS THAT;

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

THIS KNOWLEDGE MAKES JESUS DECLARE TO THE PHARISEE AND THE CHIEF PRIESTS THAT;

MATHEW 21;43-45.

43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. 44 And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”

45 Now when the chief priests and Pharisees heard His parables, they perceived that He was speaking of them.

JESUS THEREFORE CAST WOE TO THEM FOR FAILING TO RECOGNISE THIS NEW ARRANGEMENT BY STILL STURBORNLY STICK TO THE OLD LAW COVENANT.

PLEASE YOU CAN COPY AND SAVE ALL THIS ASSERTIONS TO VERIFY FROM YOUR BIBLE AND ALSO TESTIFY TO THE ''LOGICAL TRUTH AS IT IS BEING UNFOLD''

let all Glory be directed only to God,for the knowledge and not to us humans.Thanks.

[/b]

I totally concur with you. The truth need to be told. I hope those blindly following whatever their pastors tell them without researching the Bible for themselves will learn to open their eyes to see the truth.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by staggerman(m): 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2012
Who can stand before the Most High (Omnipotent Omnipresent) and declare that tithes is compulsory for Sons of Yahweh Elohim?
If Lord Jesus (Immutable Eternal) announces that He'd be coming in two days, will you still hold strong to your present beliefs? Or would you stand on the Truth of the New Covenant and show great compassion for the poor?
Wouldn't the churches and the rich empty their accounts in order to do some last minute good? Obviously that would be hypocrisy, cos you'd known what is good and right before ELOHIM but have neglected to do so.

Whatever you say about this may be used against you. . . Every man will be judged for every idle word that proceeds from his mouth.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 10:42pm On Feb 05, 2012
Compassion for the poor does not give you better standing b4 the Master what matters is what you did with the gift of eternal life God gave you. You can keep eating your tithes for all you care but I will not stop doing it until Jesus comes. Until the poor learns to give he will remain poor no matter what you give him. The best gift you can give the poor is the gospel of abundance assured in Jesus Christ.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by dare2think: 10:48pm On Feb 05, 2012
OmoPastor:

Compassion for the poor does not give you better standing b4 the Master [/b]what matters is what you did with the gift of eternal life God gave you. You can keep eating your tithes for all you care but I will not stop doing it until Jesus comes. Until the poor learns to give he will remain poor no matter what you give him. The best gift you can give the poor is the gospel of abundance assured in Jesus Christ.

HA HA HA HA HA

[b]Classic!!!!

Dont you just love our Christian brothers.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
Are you sure you are one dare2think?
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by FXKing2012(m): 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2012
OmoPastor:

Compassion for the poor does not give you better standing b4 the Master what matters is what you did with the gift of eternal life God gave you. You can keep eating your tithes for all you care but I will not stop doing it until Jesus comes. Until the poor learns to give he will remain poor no matter what you give him. The best gift you can give the poor is the gospel of abundance assured in Jesus Christ.

As a born again Christian with a calling to help the poor, I find your words rather disturbing. I'm sure you must have missed where Jesus said I was hungry and you gave me food, I was homeless and you gave me shelter, I was naked and you gave me clothe
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 11:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
FXking2012
My mission to the poor is not to help him in his poverty but to bring him out of his poverty, this is where the gospel comes to play. Giving to the poor is great but bringing the poor out of his poverty is greater. You cannot be poor and preach this gospel to others cos Jesus that we preach was never poor. I know of the verse you quoted but do you know that your mission to the poor is irrelevant if they do not receive the gospel. And if they receive it they will cease to be poor. I give to the poor and I do not leave them without giving them words that will being them out of poverty.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2012
These dupes would never cease to amaze me. By the way, just to digress a bit, I'm just wondering. . . . . .your great great grand fathers and mothers that did not know Jesus (because they lived and died in the era before the oyinbo missionaries 'introduced' Jesus and the Bible to Africans), abeg where are they now? Heaven or hell? Under what scriptures or laws would they be judged?

It's appalling how these dupes (mis)quote the Bible to justify their stupidities. There is NO religion or scriptural exhortation that is more important than sheer humanity. . .kindness, charity and generosity to your fellow humans, especially those in need. Giving your money or 'tithe' to greedy pastors doesn't make you look better in the eyes of God. It only shows how much of a self-centred fool you are. (self-centred because your foolish motive for paying 'tithe' to the pastor is for you to reap more material/financial blessings).

And I just hate it when you fools (mis)quote the Bible to buttress points that are devoid of sense. Since your great grand fathers died before oyinbos introduced the Bible, what did they quote during their time? And would it be fair for their fate (after death) to be decided on the basis of what the Bible stipulates? Abegi make we ear word joor.

You dupes can keep buying SUVs, Rolexes, Armani suits, and private jets for your useless pastors rather than put smiles on the faces of the wretched poor around you.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2012
Pro01
You are a noise maker your words are not useful as far as what we are discussing is concerned. And please mind your language cos anyone that cannot control his tongue like you is in a biiiggg problem.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by staggerman(m): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
2 Cor 8:1-15

8 And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2 Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4 they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this[b] service to the saints. [/b]  5 And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will. 6 So we urged Titus, since he had earlier made a beginning, to bring also to completion this act of grace on your part. 7 But just as you excel in everything — in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us-see that you also excel in this grace of giving.

8[b] I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.[/b] 9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

10 And here is my advice about what is best for you in this matter: Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. 11 Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. 12 For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have.

13 Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, 15 as it is written: "He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little."
NIV

Obviously the early saints saw themselves as equals. The rich gave to the poor so there may be equality. In modern day terms, those with several houses, lands and cars shared with others that had none.
Pastors, Ministers, Evangelists and Apostles were not left out:

PHILEMON a minister who had a church in His house gave to the saints instead of demanding compulsorily from them

Philem 1-7

1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,

2 And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church in thy house:

3 Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

4 I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers,

5 Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;

6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.
KJV

Apostle PAUL wasn't left out:
Acts 20:28-35

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

33 I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.

34 Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me

35[b] I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak[/b], and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
KJV

BARNABAS (special assistant and companion to Apostle Paul wasn't left out either:
Acts 4:32-37

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

34[b] Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,[/b]

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

KJV

No wonder the early church walked in such great manifestation of The Spirit. for Truly, Faith works by love. . . Gal 5:6
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Joagbaje(m): 12:02am On Feb 06, 2012
OmoPastor:

FXking2012
My mission to the poor is not to help him in his poverty but to bring him out of his poverty,

I LIKE THIS GUY! cool
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Joagbaje(m): 12:12am On Feb 06, 2012
@ BERNIMOORE and FXKing2012

BERNIMOORE:

@ FXKing2012.

joagbaje's quote;

Mathew 23;23,

You're missing the whole point. Jesus was saying the Pharisees are too petty ,they gave tithes  even out of 10 kobo!.but yet they left out justice etc. He wasn't speaking against tithe. He was talking about balance. That has been my point .

Try read it in living bible.

23 What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Hope it's clear to you now
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Goshen360(m): 12:36am On Feb 06, 2012
Joagbaje:

@ BERNIMOORE and FXKing2012

You're missing the whole point. Jesus was saying the Pharisees are too petty ,they gave tithes  even out of 10 kobo!.but yet they left out justice etc. He wasn't speaking against tithe. He was talking about balance. That has been my point .

Try read it in living bible.

23 What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Hope it's clear to you now

My brother, you are my good friend even though we disagree in the area of tithe. However, we are to learn from one another because the bible says, iron sharpens iron. Jesus was still living under the Old testament in the book of Matthew while he was setting up order for the new testament that will take effect after his death; for where there is no death of a testator, a testament or will is of no effect and besides, He was talking to the Pharisees and "WOE". I can go on and on regarding tithe but the truth is, Now that Jesus already fulfilled the law, why are we still trying to keep it ONLY in this area of tithe? I hope you answer me.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by plaetton: 12:57am On Feb 06, 2012
OmoPastor:

OMG. Is this guy for real? Heaven weeps.
pro01:

These dupes would never cease to amaze me. By the way, just to digress a bit, I'm just wondering. . . . . .your great great grand fathers and mothers that did not know Jesus (because they lived and died in the era before the oyinbo missionaries 'introduced' Jesus and the Bible to Africans), abeg where are they now? Heaven or hell? Under what scriptures or laws would they be judged?

It's appalling how these dupes (mis)quote the Bible to justify their stupidities. There is NO religion or scriptural exhortation that is more important than sheer humanity. . .kindness, charity and generosity to your fellow humans, especially those in need. Giving your money or 'tithe' to greedy pastors doesn't make you look better in the eyes of God. It only shows how much of a self-centred fool you are. (self-centred because your foolish motive for paying 'tithe' to the pastor is for you to reap more material/financial blessings).

And I just hate it when you fools (mis)quote the Bible to buttress points that are devoid of sense. Since your great grand fathers died before oyinbos introduced the Bible, what did they quote during their time? And would it be fair for their fate (after death) to be decided on the basis of what the Bible stipulates? Abegi make we ear word joor.

You dupes can keep buying SUVs, Rolexes, Armani suits, and private jets for your useless pastors rather than put smiles on the faces of the wretched poor around you.
I could not have put it better.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Joagbaje(m): 4:57am On Feb 06, 2012
goshen360:

My brother, you are my good friend even though we disagree in the area of tithe. However, we are to learn from one another because the bible says, iron sharpens iron. Jesus was still living under the Old testament in the book of Matthew while he was setting up order for the new testament that will take effect after his death; for where there is no death of a testator, a testament or will is of no effect and besides, He was talking to the Pharisees and "WOE". I can go on and on regarding tithe but the truth is, Now that Jesus already fulfilled the law, why are we still trying to keep it ONLY in this area of tithe? I hope you answer me.

Tithe topic is one topic I decided not to engage in an argument again on the forum. It's been waste of time having to repeat yourself all over again and again. I surprise BERNIMOORE accused me of what I didn't do. Quoting what I didn't say. I only answered because he wrongly interpreted that verse .But I dint make the statement he claimed

@BERNIMOORE
Where did you get this?

BERNIMOORE:

[b]@ FXKing2012.

joagbaje's quote;

Mathew 23;23,

When I talked about Mattew 23 I wasn't talking about tithing but balance
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 7:31am On Feb 06, 2012
When will these people stop being childish in spiritual financial principles of the kingdom? Tithe and first fruit came before the law! Giving to the poor is one of the ways of plugging into the kingdoms finances.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by numo86(m): 7:45am On Feb 06, 2012
@omo pastor, there's this scriptures that pastors fail to quote from the new testament instead they go way back to d law given to d isrealites in order to collect cash from there gullible followers & enrich themselves,
This is d scripture, 2corinthians 8:12-15
New International Version (NIV) 12 For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not
according to what one does not have. 13 Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality, 15 as it is written: “The one who gathered much did not
have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.

, the apsotles fostered an equalising when it came to contributions made, 1st of all contributions bak then after christ death was nt accordin to a law(tithe,1st fruit,offering) as was wit d isrealites, but was based on sincere voluntary contribution accordin to wat a person has, and those who had surplus were to offset d deficiency of those who had little, so that in all,nobody shuld be so comfortable why others suffered, and if u notice never was any apostle rich from there own personal business more or else from d contributions made by d church back then(over there dead bodies), rather paul encouraged giving amongst fellow christians , today pastors cant preach equality becos they want it all, so they make sure they use laws from d past to milk the church, if equality/ voluntary giving was preached no pastor wuld come up wit tithe payin & 1st fruit/ offering 5hit!!, and no pastor wuld be riding in private jets & phantoms while many of there followers suffer,d same followers whom theyv cajoled to pay 1st fruit, d churches r not teaching d truth, d churches in 9ja run like d nigerian govt, no equalising, the rich gets richer & d poor gets poorer, d great oppresses d poor,while d poor gets more impoverished,

now u claim u'v givin ur 1st fruit & so this year will be a year of bountiful harvest,unlimited breakthru, isnt that what you are taught?, d apostles & 1st century christians who didnt give any yeye 1st fruit didnt they recieve Gods blessing, as a matter of fact they are in heaven, tell ur pastors to teach d new covenant that Jesus came to establish, abi ona wan still be physical jews?
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by BERNIMOORE: 9:56am On Feb 06, 2012
@ joeagbaje,

This particular post below (on page (4) of this thread is credited to you, i insist, you actually posted it February 04, 2012, 11:17 PM.

That serves as my refference.

Joagbaje (m)
NIGERIA

Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting!
« #127 on: February 04, 2012, 11:17 PM »
Quote from: plaetton on February 04, 2012, 10:44 PM
@omopastor:
Since you refused to directly answer my question, let me put it another way.If i decide to regularly give a portion of my earnings to the poor and not church,am I giving to god or not and will god be pissed off cos am not giving it to church or pastor?

Let me contribute here. There are about 5 major givings in the bible . Such as , Giving to God, giving for projects, giving to the poor,giving to parents etc. We ought to do all these givings without leaving one for the other. They all have their blessings

. . . for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

There has to be a balance.

MY POINT IS THAT, YOU QUOTED A PARTICULAR BIBLE VERSE (MATHEW 23;23) USING (king james version) ORIGINALLY,
BUT OMITTED THE FIRST PART OF THE SAME VERSE THAT SAYS ''WOE TO YOU''
your emphasis according to you is on ''balance''.but the verse is never complete without the whole part to form a complete sentence.

YOU SEEM NOT TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH ''WOE TO YOU'' BY OMMITING IT. IF NOT,ARE YOU NOT AWARE OF (Living Translation (2007)) when you quoted originally from king james version KJV.

Pls, lets handle the word of truth aright.

THATS THE POINT.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Joagbaje(m): 10:16am On Feb 06, 2012
I have right to omit any thing I want to omit. My point is not the woe, but the balance. You can pick the woe ,and leave the balance for me grin
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by BERNIMOORE: 10:44am On Feb 06, 2012
[b]@ omopastor,

THE CONCEPT OF '' BEING POOR'' IS ONE OF THE MOST CONFUSING CONCEPT THAT TRUE CHRISTIANS MUST GET RIGHT ''ONLY IF THEY WANT CHRIST TO BE REAL TO THEM'',

NOW,WHO IS POOR TO JESUS?(Materially rich but spiritually poor, or Spiritually rich but materially poor but with susteinance and good concience)

IT AMAZES ME WHEN PEOPLE DONT TALK OF ''GOOD CONCIENCE TOWARDS GOD IN ALL WE DO'',
SOME DONT CARE ''HOW(the process) THEY GOT THEIR MATERIAL RICHES'' BUT(the product matters)TO THEM IT IS GODS DOING, EVEN IF YOU OBTAIN WEALTH BY 'FRAUD' SO FAR YOU PRAY AND 'SOW' (according to the modern pastor) .

IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO GOD?

OR IS GOD BLIND TO SEE THOSE 'FRAUD' PROCESS?
Questions begging for answers,

'you cant mock God' 'he sees everything'

CHRIST WANT EVERYONE TO CHOOSE THE HEAVENLY RICHES AS A PRIORITY,(where your treasure is,your mind will be,you cant serve two masters.)

HE VIEW THOSE WITH LITTLE MEANS BUT SPIRITUALLY SOUND OR RICH AS ''HAVING TREASURES'' in heaven and acceptable.

JESUS LIVED HIS LIFE WITHOUT BEING MATERIALLY RICH,(he saves himself from distractions and get focused)

THAT GIVES HIM THE RIGHT TO TELL THE RICH YOUNG RULER TO ( sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heavenn. Then come, follow me.).

MATHEW 19:21,22.

21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heavenn. Then come, follow me."

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

IF JESUS WAS  MATERIALLY RICH,THE HE CANNOT STAND TO CRITISIZE THE YOUNG MATERIALY RICH MAN THAT;(  it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

APOSTLE PAUL ALSO LIVED THE SAME LIFE LIKE JESUS (CHOOSING NOT TO BE MATERIALLY REACH)TO BE EXAMPLE TO OTHERS.  
1 cor 9:27;

27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

SO,YOU CANT BE ROME,MORE THAN THE POPE SIR.

THE CONCEPT OF MATERIAL RICHES DOES NOT IN ANYWAYWHATSOEVER CHRIST TEACHING AS EVIDENCE OF GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS,

BUT THE MODERN DAY PASTORS ''FABRICATED'' AND PROMOTE THE CONCEPT USING ''PHYLOSOPHICAL BOOKS OUTSIDE THE BIBLE TEACHINGS AND THEY WOULD ARRANGE FOR PRE-MEDITATED TESTIMONIES TO SUIT THEIR CLAIM,

BUT HEAR THIS CLEAR WARNINGS;

(See what paul apostle said about philosophy and unscriptual source of understanding the bible)

Colosians 2:8,9.

8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

PROVIDE SCRIPTURES FROM THE BIBLE TO SUIT YOUR CONCEPT IN YOUR REPLY.
[/b]
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by BERNIMOORE: 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2012
still waiting for your reply based on bible.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by FXKing2012(m): 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2012
BERNIMOORE:

@ joeagbaje,

This particular post below (on page (4) of this thread is credited to you, i insist, you actually posted it February 04, 2012, 11:17 PM.

That serves as my refference.

MY POINT IS THAT, YOU QUOTED A PARTICULAR BIBLE VERSE (MATHEW 23;23) USING (king james version) ORIGINALLY,
BUT OMITTED THE FIRST PART OF THE SAME VERSE THAT SAYS ''WOE TO YOU''
your emphasis according to you is on ''balance''.but the verse is never complete without the whole part to form a complete sentence.

YOU SEEM NOT TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH ''WOE TO YOU'' BY OMMITING IT. IF NOT,ARE YOU NOT AWARE OF (Living Translation (2007)) when you quoted originally from king james version KJV.

Pls, lets handle the word of truth aright.

THATS THE POINT.

A very good point made.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Goshen360(m): 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2012
OmoPastor:

When will these people stop being childish in spiritual financial principles of the kingdom? Tithe and first fruit came before the law! Giving to the poor is one of the ways of plugging into the kingdoms finances.

Do you mind if we handle this rightly? We are not arguing the word of God but to enlighten ourselves, if you are willing to be corrected.

Just tell me where there the law actually started from?

Old testament divided at follows, just to help you:

Gen 1 - Ex 19 (where the nation of Israel came out of Egypt) called Patriarch Age
Exodus 20 to John 21:25 called the Age of Law
Acts of the Apostle to Revelation is the Christian Age

Now if you say, Tithes and firs fruit came before the law, it means you agree that we focus our discussion btw Gen 1 to Ex 19. It also mean, you fall to the category of those who say tithe paying is done not as to the Law age but as to the Patriarch age, right? Ok. Show me where tithe and first fruit occurred therein and we will look at it together. I know all the verses you are going to quote but will rather let you bring it up.

God bless you.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2012
Am presently typing from my phone will post after recharging my modem
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
Still using my phone. But like to say that whatever you say must be honest and grounded in the word cos I dislike arguements that lead no where. Also, tithes which abraham gave out of revelation in genesis and the firstfruit given by abel are my starting points
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Goshen360(m): 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2012
^^^ We will both give our basis from the bible. Am waiting. Or we can chat online on yahoo msger: goshen360@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Goshen360(m): 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2012
OmoPastor:

Still using my phone. But like to say that whatever you say must be honest and grounded in the word cos I dislike arguements that lead no where. Also, tithes which abraham gave out of revelation in genesis and the firstfruit given by abel are my starting points

I hope to also show you the revelation using "scriptures to explain scriptures" of what happened with Abraham and Abel you talked about. The problem today is people explain bible outside bible but if we all let bible explain itself, as it does not contradict itself, we wont have the problems we have today.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by FXKing2012(m): 7:29am On Feb 07, 2012
Paying first fruits, tithes and offerings to church do not apply to us today cos we live under grace and not under the law. We live in the new testament, not in the old testament.
For detail on how and why such dont apply to us go to: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-863724.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland / Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? / How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.