Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims (3999 Views)

Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch / Atiku Donates N50m, Aircraft And 12 Land Cruisers For Buhari's Campaign / Gej Visits Xmas Day Bombing Site, 6 Days After! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Obiagu1(m): 4:53am On Feb 05, 2012
The governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, has donated N50 million to the victims of Christmas Day bombing at St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State.

About 43 persons were confirmed dead and more than 100 others injured in the attack which the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram claimed responsibility for. Victims of the bomb blast were recently buried in a mass grave.

Akpabio announced the donation during the Episcopal ordination ceremony of Rt. Rev. Mons. Anselm Umoren as the Auxiliary Bishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Abuja.

The governor also pledged that the state government would work with the authorities to rebuild the church in Madalla. He said the donation was to assist the victims of the bombing and relatives in rehabilitation and resettlement.

Akpabio admonished the church not to lose hope in the face of the security challenges facing the country occasioned by the attacks by Boko Haram, while observing that the situation would have been worse if the Church was not praying for the country.

The governor expressed appreciation to the Catholic Church for the elevation of Umoren to the office of a bishop and urged the new bishop to see his elevation as a call to greater service.

Responding, the Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Archbishop John Onayeikan, expressed appreciation for the donation and noted that it would assist the Church in catering for the needs of the families whose bread winners were killed and those still in hospital.

The archbishop said he was impressed by the performance of Akpabio and urged other politicians to see politics just as priesthood as a call to serve the people.

Umoren who was consecrated as the Auxiliary Bishop of Abuja was presented with a ring, and a pastoral staff. Akpabio also donated a brand new Toyota Land Cruiser to the new Bishop.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/akpabio-donates-n50m-to-xmas-day-bombing-victims/
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Onlytruth(m): 5:49am On Feb 05, 2012
God bless Gov G. Akpabio.
He is truly his brother's keeper. cool
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Kobojunkie: 5:58am On Feb 05, 2012
qq
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 05, 2012
Gov. Godswill Akpabio is someone i've always respected and my mentor to add. God bless him 4 his earnest donation and more grease 2 his elbow.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by slyopez(m): 10:05am On Feb 05, 2012
I have always said that Gov G.A is Gods sent. He is a man i always respect and admire. May Almighty God continue to keep, strenghten and elevate him to a higher position, Amen. Once again my sympathy to the families of the victims.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by mjkievo2(m): 10:23am On Feb 05, 2012
Gov Godswill, may you never lack in your life IJN. Amen.
A leader we believe in.
I like your style jare,
Carry go
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by mjkievo2(m): 10:23am On Feb 05, 2012
Gov Godswill, may you never lack in your life IJN. Amen.
A leader we believe in.
I like your style jare,
Carry go
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by magentam(f): 10:34am On Feb 05, 2012
Nice one!
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:53am On Feb 05, 2012
A million thanks governor akpabio. i have also admired your style of leadership. if only other govs can emulate from you. may god bless you and your entire family. wink
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Koolking(m): 10:54am On Feb 05, 2012
Nice one govt akpabio. It should not just stop at making donations to victims. You are part of the govt whose existence has been threatened by this dreaded group. You and others should chart up ways to curb the menace of this dreaded group.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by ASOROCKb(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2012
Done Well
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by sugar001(f): 11:30am On Feb 05, 2012
Rubbish* That Akpabio guy likes show, He should pay the 18 k minimum wage in Akwa Ibom State first. And I really pray that the victims get the money.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by iykak47: 11:40am On Feb 05, 2012
Gov. Akpabio may God almighty continue to bless you, more grease vaseline to your elbow.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by humblebee: 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2012
sugar 001:

Rubbish* That Akpabio guy likes show, He should pay the 18 k minimum wage in Akwa Ibom State first. And I really pray that the victims get the money.

For this one, let's thank him and then talk about 18k on a different thread, wat do u think miss?
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by ocelot2006(m): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2012
Now that is MY Governor. Well done sir smiley
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by pendusky(m): 1:05pm On Feb 05, 2012
Abasi udiong fien akpabio! If you never donate some will say ure bad, now that you have donate they stil see the bad side of you! Obong uwere ke idem akpabio mba!
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 05, 2012
To my great governor,i hail you and pray that God will continue to use u sir!
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Demdem(m): 1:40pm On Feb 05, 2012
Obiagu1:

The governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, has donated N50 million to the victims of Christmas Day bombing at St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State.

About 43 persons were confirmed dead and more than 100 others injured in the attack which the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram claimed responsibility for. Victims of the bomb blast were recently buried in a mass grave.

Akpabio announced the donation during the Episcopal ordination ceremony of Rt. Rev. Mons. Anselm Umoren as the Auxiliary Bishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Abuja.

The governor also pledged that the state government would work with the authorities to rebuild the church in Madalla. He said the donation was to assist the victims of the bombing and relatives in rehabilitation and resettlement.

Akpabio admonished the church not to lose hope in the face of the security challenges facing the country occasioned by the attacks by Boko Haram, while observing that the situation would have been worse if the Church was not praying for the country.

The governor expressed appreciation to the Catholic Church for the elevation of Umoren to the office of a bishop and urged the new bishop to see his elevation as a call to greater service.

Responding, the Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Archbishop John Onayeikan, expressed appreciation for the donation and noted that it would assist the Church in catering for the needs of the families whose bread winners were killed and those still in hospital.

The archbishop said he was impressed by the performance of Akpabio and urged other politicians to see politics just as priesthood as a call to serve the people.

Umoren who was consecrated as the Auxiliary Bishop of Abuja was presented with a ring, and a pastoral staff. Akpabio also donated a brand new Toyota Land Cruiser to the new Bishop.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/akpabio-donates-n50m-to-xmas-day-bombing-victims/

i hope these are funds from Akpabios pocket and not from the state's purse? This is definitely not part of the duties of Akwa ibom state govt. Akpabio has done well for his state so far however a lot still needs to be done.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by untainted: 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2012
@ Demdem,
I wanted to say "haba governor, what of those (Moslems and Christians) killed in Kano, Yobe, Maiduguri, Mubi and other places" but then I answered myself and say "haba northern governors" why can't a few of you join heads together and help the families of those killed by BH?" Better still, the northern governors can and should help mobilise resources to fight BH to stop killing innocent people unless they want to claim that the lives of their people are worth nothing.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by ezer(m): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2012
SS/SE are brothers.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Demdem(m): 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^^^

ur wish
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by ezer(m): 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2012
Go to hell!, SS/SE united we stand,divided we scatter, love u akpabio for helping this victims which r mostly SEers, it goes to show a lot, oya SE governors should take over where akpabio stopped.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Demdem(m): 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2012
In ur dreams grin grin grin grin
Tell that to the Urohbos, Ikweres etc.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2012
wait, is he donating his money or his state's money?

did he consult with the state assembly?

on the surface it may look laudable, but it is easy to be generous with other people's money
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Demdem(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2012
oyb:

wait, is he donating his money or his state's money?

did he consult with the state assembly?

on the surface it may look laudable, but it is easy to be generous with other people's money

I don ask the quesion earlier, no one has answered yet. Was the money also budgeted for? abi na from his security votes? enough questions.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2012
humblebee:

For this one,  let's thank him and then talk about 18k on a different thread,  wat do u think miss?

Thank him for donating state money that could have gone to paying people's salaries, really?

Why didn't he donate his own salary which I am guessing is in the millions, rather than taking from the already poor to give the poor?

And for those in doubt if Nigerians really live on less than $1-$2 a day. Check out Akwa Ibom State. If minimum wage is still not being paid there, then it goes to say that there are many in there living on less than a $1 a day.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by iykak47: 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Thank him for donating state money that could have gone to paying people's salaries, really?

Why didn't he donate his own salary which I am guessing is in the millions, rather than taking from the already poor to give the poor?

And for those in doubt if Nigerians really live on less than $1-$2 a day. Check out Akwa Ibom State. If minimum wage is still not being paid there, then it goes to say that there are many in there living on less than a $1 a day.
Sharaaaaaap and keep quite, is your money missing?
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2012
iykak47:

Sharaaaaaap and keep quite, is your money missing?
Eyah!!! once again you confuse me with your mother. I would not have a clue why you want to deliver such a message to her but Keep searching ooo!!!
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by kizito96(m): 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2012
Thank you for remembering the poor. What has the Federal Government done? what has even the Minister of the FTC done? nothing. The end will justify the means
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by ocelot2006(m): 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2012
@ kobokojunkie, why not focus on the northern governors?
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by Raxxye(m): 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2012
iykak47:

Minimum wage has since been paid in Akwa Ibom, since April,2011, when the law was passed by the NASS. Akwa Ibom pays its staff 13months salary(double salary each december) every year. I suggest u guys get ur facts right b4 posting here.
Re: Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims by ezer(m): 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2012
Demdem:
In ur dreams 
Tell that to the Urohbos, Ikweres etc.

Well to your shame,the urhobos r onboard, am urhobo n I support n support the igbos, so if u have any problem with d SS/SE alliance, suck poo!
There jst some people who just flip whenever SS/SE collaborate, most times I think its sheer envy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

G15 Assures Jonathan Of Minimum Of 4M Votes From SW / Firefire Response To Fashola On Lagos Light Rail Project / GA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.