Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram (16002 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by supereagle(m): 5:39am On Feb 05, 2012
IN a rare display of anger, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, on Friday night, adopted a spiritual way out of Nigeria’s current security challenges, urging the mammoth crowd of worshipers, who attended the February Holy Ghost Service, to pray to God to dismantle all ‘gates’ behind the menace.

Declaring ‘holy war’ against what he described as a reign of terror in the country, Adeboye asked members of RCCG, who had commenced a month of fasting and prayers, to add a prayer point aimed at arresting the menace of Boko Haram before the end of the month.

“His words: As we wait on the Lord in fasting and prayer this month, I want you to include two items in your prayers: I want you to ask God to deal with the enemies of Nigeria speedily; that before the end of this month, all the problems of Nigeria would be over.”

According to him, “if we all join forces and cry to God, He will do for us. The second prayer I want you to pray; remember I’ve asked God for a special 70th birthday present of 70,000 children, join in prayer that God would release those that are still hanging in the air this month.

“I want 70,000 new babies, so that by the end of this year there will be no barren left in our churches.”

Preaching a sermon entitled, “Lift up your head oh ye gates,” Adeboye urged the crowd of worshipers at the Redemption Camp not to be too sanctimonious about the prayer against terror, stressing that from the days of John the Baptist, the Kingdom of God suffers violence and it’s only violent that can take it by force”.

Explaining the effects of biblical gates, he said there are national gates where a whole nation can be in trouble because certain gates refuse to open, pointing out that “every gate that is holding the children of Nigeria captive must come down crashing in the name of Jesus Christ.”

At intervals, the General Overseer, whose wife had earlier led the congregation to pray for peace in every part of the country, sent spiritual missiles to all harbingers of terror in the country who have created fear and terror.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/adeboye-declares-war-on-boko-haram/
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by PA1982(f): 9:08am On Feb 05, 2012
I want you to ask God to deal with the enemies of Nigeria speedily; that before the end of this month, all the problems of Nigeria would be over.”

According to him, “if we all join forces and cry to God, He will do for us. The second prayer I want you to pray; remember I’ve asked God for a special 70th birthday present of 70,000 children, join in prayer that God would release those that are still hanging in the air this month.

“I want 70,000 new babies, so that by the end of this year there will be no barren left in our churches.”

Right.
1) By the end of February, all the problems of Nigeria would be over
And
2) 70,000 babies born before his birthday.

So, decent roads, an efficient electrical power system, the disappearance of cultism in the Unis and an end to malaria and polio.
By the end of February.

And 70,000 babies.

Sounds good!
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by efisher(m): 9:50am On Feb 05, 2012
Fire burn all boko haram gates!
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by PA1982(f): 9:51am On Feb 05, 2012
^^^
I didn't see anything about that on the BBC updates. Where did you hear that?
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by guccimilan(m): 9:58am On Feb 05, 2012
Let the Egyptian chariot of boko haram be drawn in Jesus name
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Andrew3(m): 10:01am On Feb 05, 2012
LET AN ATOMIC BOMB FROM HEAVEN ELIMINATE, ASSASSINATE, ANNIHILATE EVERY WORD WITH BOKO IN IT IN JESUS NAME. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by claremont(m): 10:03am On Feb 05, 2012
supereagle:

I want you to ask God to deal with the enemies of Nigeria speedily;[size=13pt] that before the end of this month, all the problems of Nigeria would be over.”
[/size]
Make we dey see nah! grin
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 05, 2012
Christian Alamjiri Network (CAN) grin

The more they FAST, the more the country SLOWS

Bunch of SPIRIT LED yet BRAIN DEAD folks,

"remember I’ve asked God for a special 70th birthday present of 70,000 children, join in prayer that God[i] would release those that are still hanging in the air this month."[/i]

Wtf,

Explaining the effects of biblical gates, he said there are national gates where a whole nation can be in trouble because certain gates refuse to open, pointing out that “every gate that is holding the children of Nigeria captive must come down crashing in the name of Jesus Christ.”

My dear 'man of God', you annointed the 'gate' that's holding Nigeria captive, don't pray against boko Haram, pray against 'aso rock',

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Kaygeminix(f): 10:09am On Feb 05, 2012
PA1982:

^^^
I didn't see anything about that on the BBC updates. Where did you hear that?

abii
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by babaowo: 10:16am On Feb 05, 2012
What about our political looters who are draining nigeria economy day by dayWouldn't he pray against them too
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by baslone: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2012
It happens- he has performed a miracle!  grin

It doesn't- Nigerians didnt pray harder!  cry
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Pukkah: 10:29am On Feb 05, 2012
I hope there's no mistake or misrepresentation here. How can ALL the problems of Nigeria be solved by the end of this month? Is that possible?

By the way, people should realize that Boko Haram is not the only problem Nigeria is facing.
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by slyopez(m): 10:39am On Feb 05, 2012
musKeeto:

Christian Alamjiri Network (CAN) grin

"remember I’ve asked God for a special 70th birthday present of 70,000 children, join in prayer that God[i] would release those that are still hanging in the air this month."[/i]

Wtf,

My dear 'man of God', you annointed the 'gate' that's holding Nigeria captive, [b][/b] don't pray against boko Haram, pray against 'aso rock',

Are you sure you are not one of them
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 05, 2012
slyopez:

Are you sure you are not one of them
God forbid I'll be the answer to your prayer,
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by bulksms247(m): 10:47am On Feb 05, 2012
Prayer is what we need to stop the jihad that islam is planing against christians in Nigeria and de whole world
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by kasperone8: 11:01am On Feb 05, 2012
musKeeto:

Christian Alamjiri Network (CAN)  grin

Wtf,
Right on point

[/b]
My dear 'man of God', you annointed the 'gate' that's holding Nigeria captive,  don't pray against boko Haram, pray against 'aso rock', 

musKeeto:

Christian Alamjiri Network (CAN)  grin

[b]"remember I’ve asked God for a special 70th birthday present of 70,000 children, join in prayer that God[i] would release those that are still hanging in the air this month."[/i]

Wtf,

[b][/b]
My dear 'man of God', you annointed the 'gate' that's holding Nigeria captive,  don't pray against boko Haram, pray against 'aso rock', 

Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by claremont(m): 11:04am On Feb 05, 2012
Anyone who says that prayers are what is needed to solve the problems of Nigeria is a complete ignoramus. I would rather trust the mental capacity of a raving lunatic, than listen to such people.
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 05, 2012
Cant this man keep shut for once. Where was his voice during fuel subsidy saga? I hate this set of people.
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 05, 2012
This is dust bin thread. Its shame to even comment here. waste of bandwidth.
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by slyopez(m): 11:25am On Feb 05, 2012
claremont:

Anyone who says that prayers are what is needed to solve the problems of Nigeria is a complete ignoramus. I would rather trust the mental capacity of a raving lunatic, than listen to such people.
If you distrust prayer as a solution to Nigeria problem then state your solution. All we need is a way out of this mess.
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by swaggrbabe: 11:26am On Feb 05, 2012
slyopez:
Quote from: musKeeto on Today at 10:08:42 AM

Christian Alamjiri Network (CAN) 

"remember I’ve asked God for a special 70th birthday present of 70,000 children, join in prayer that God would release those that are still hanging in the air this month."

Wtf,

My dear 'man of God', you annointed the 'gate' that's holding Nigeria captive, [b][/b] don't pray against boko Haram, pray against 'aso rock', 

Are you sure you are not one of them. U re surely one of them. Don't worry u are going down soon.
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by alienkind: 11:27am On Feb 05, 2012
God does not work,the way men work.The arrow of an unnamed soldier killed Ahab,
Sennacharib was killed by his sons,another king killed by a woman.
You see,we pray but God knows how and when he will bring it to pass.
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 05, 2012
swaggrbabe:

slyopez:
Quote from: musKeeto on Today at 10:08:42 AM

Christian Alamjiri Network (CAN) 

"remember I’ve asked God for a special 70th birthday present of 70,000 children, join in prayer that God would release those that are still hanging in the air this month."

Wtf,

Are you sure you are not one of them. U re surely one of them. Don't worry u are going down soon.
Drunk animal, you've changed ids? Wish you could also change brains that easily,
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by swaggrbabe: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2012
musKeeto:

Drunk animal, you've changed ids? Wish you could also change brains that easily,
ii get ur time?. empty vessel makes they loudest noise.its just wat must come to past to u and ur boko haram members
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Mynd44: 11:56am On Feb 05, 2012
bulksms247:

Prayer is what we need to stop the jihad that islam is planing against christians in Nigeria and de whole world
Yeah prayer works but we also need to stand up and fight
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Lovine: 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2012
All these are copy rights because Prophet TB Joshua had already said that during his New Year eve message that as from April BH will begin to die a natural death. Where were all these make believe so called pastors. Many of them never had New Year service because of of the fear of BH. Last December Adeboye said that all shall be well in the New Year and he never saw the protest, etc.
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by alienkind: 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
On GEJ lays the mantle of Queen Easter,you must not fail GOD
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by phiphis: 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2012
By the end of this mouth, Boko Haram will be a forgottn issue in Nigeria in Jesus Name. All the enemies of Nigeria should repent and follow the through God Jesus Christ b4 the end of this Febuary in Jesus Name. Amen! God is always in control
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by kooto(m): 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2012
ENITAN  Cant this man keep shut for once. Where was his voice during fuel subsidy saga? I hate this set of people.

do you know the meaning of what you've said? if not respecting him as a man of God; what about his age?  what he said is it bad? are you wiser than millions of people who respect his person? your name implies you are yoruba, and there is a story behind your name. yorubas are known to possess good morals particularly when it comes to issues of relating to elders.are you even sure this thread is true? you are unfortunately different. go back and search where you missed it.
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2012
swaggrbabe:

ii get ur time?. empty vessel makes they loudest noise.its just wat must come to past to u and ur boko haram members
Keep hitting us with spiritual weapons while we hit you with physical weapons, idiots, did your God protect you when 'we' hit 5 churches on his Son's birthday? nonsense,
Re: Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram by Ezeufi: 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2012
Look at these Ibo kids as they were caught "playing" by our photographer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader / Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.