Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

If The South East Governors Wants Igbos Back, They Should Build Us A Sea Port - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The South East Governors Wants Igbos Back, They Should Build Us A Sea Port (4069 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Photo: Nnamdi Kanu Enjoys Himself In London & Wants Igbos Die For Radio Biafra / South East Governors Meeting In Owerri (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The South East Governors Wants Igbos Back, They Should Build Us A Sea Port by Onlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
^^

My friend sharrap dia. Goat.
Are you an importer? Have you ever travelled outside of Birnin Kebbi?

Let me tell you how it is done in real life. cool

If you want to import into Nigeria, you go to a shipping company and inquire about ports in Nigeria to ship your items to.
Most times, what about 95% of them tell me is that they only ship to Lagos.
Now if you pry them more, they say they can also ship to these other ports, but then if you are smart, you would know that there must be some "K-leg" with those ports.
Then, if you know Nigeria very well, you know that ANY little problem could cost you the container itself. You could lose your good!
Now, how many traders can take such risk?

Those ports will remain unused until the shipping companies accept them, for whatever reason.
Re: If The South East Governors Wants Igbos Back, They Should Build Us A Sea Port by Afam4eva(m): 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2012
In as much as i classify the OP as one of those people who think they must get something in order to be patrotic citizens of AlaIgbo, i think he just revealed the real reason why Igbos live in their millions in other parts of the country. It's not because they so love Lagos or Abuja but because the south-east doesn't have the necessary infrastructure for this people to go about their daily duty and this is mainly the fault of the federal government because they have refused to give every region the free hand to develop themselves. Everybody is dependent on the federal government. Even the south-east governors kinda have their hands tied. They can't really do much.
Re: If The South East Governors Wants Igbos Back, They Should Build Us A Sea Port by phantom(m): 7:33pm On Feb 06, 2012
^fact! And this is the truth that their 'hosts' are trying so hard to deny, lol.
Re: If The South East Governors Wants Igbos Back, They Should Build Us A Sea Port by bakila: 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2012
@onlytruthless ewu you, if you know that shipping companies prefer Lagos, why blame the Governors, wherever you are you are not better than those in birnin kudu and you ezeashi of anwurawu not NAIRAland are definately not an importer you would have known that there are ports neighbouring Igboland.
Re: If The South East Governors Wants Igbos Back, They Should Build Us A Sea Port by kaysy(m): 9:15am On May 05, 2012
Wow... where have i been since.?
Re: If The South East Governors Wants Igbos Back, They Should Build Us A Sea Port by LaudateII: 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
macjive01: ONNE is not a deep water port. if u take a look at the port u wud see that there is no provision for cranes, onne port is basically for oil companies and their products.

Ehn??! shocked Oga, have you been to Onne? When was the last time you visited the place?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibeto To Build $386 Million Cement Plant In Enugu / Join The Army, She Will Be The Most Beautiful Female Soldier / What Is The Meaning Of “lagos?”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.