Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,497 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption (6089 Views)

Drama As INEC Concludes Defence In Akwa Ibom Governorship Election Suit / Amaechi's Deputy,tele Ikuru Concludes Plans To Join PDP / Council Of State Concludes Meeting, Says Election Will Hold This February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by MAYOWAAK: 8:14am On Feb 06, 2012
The Save Nigeria Group has said it is concluding plans to begin a nationwide protest against corruption and official graft in the country.

The Convener of the group, Pastor Tunde Bakare, who said this in Lagos during the Sunday service at the Latter Rain Assembly, where he is the Serving Overseer, argued that corruption remained the major hindrance to the country’s progress and not the removal of fuel subsidy.

According to the cleric, the group is putting finishing touches to the rally which will not be announced.

SNG was one of the organisers of the Occupy Nigeria protest rally against the removal of subsidy on fuel, which held for one week at the Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota, Lagos.

Bakare explained that unlike the Ojota rally against fuel subsidy removal, the planned protest would be prolonged until the “official excesses” like the emoluments of the National Assembly members were slashed.

He said, “The next rally that we are holding is against corruption in Nigeria. Corruption is the major enemy against the nation; the protest against subsidy was just one phase. But this one, we are not going to announce it; it will just come suddenly.

“This time around, we will occupy until the lawmakers agree to cut all that we will demand. No one will continue to take more than he is entitled to.”

Bakare added that the House of Representatives would do well than probe subsidy payments without taking action, noting that the SNG would compel the federal lawmakers to prosecute those who were found to have defrauded the nation through frivolous claims.

He said, “This probe will be different. It is better that the House (of Representatives) handles this probe very well. This is not the era of concluding a probe and throwing the report away. The lawmakers may come up with the usual excuse that they do not have the power to prosecute offenders.

“They did that during the independent power probe. We will not accept that this term. We will compel them to prosecute those who have been found to have illegally cornered our wealth. We have had enough.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/sng-concludes-plans-for-protest-against-corruption/
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Thatdave(m): 9:05am On Feb 06, 2012
from my point of view, pastor is just looking for an evidense to get GEJ sued for ordering the army to fire at the protesters.
Its good plan, but someone's life is at stake.
This makes it barbaric.
Protest against curruption is too vague. It should have been protest against one allocation or the other.
Pastor take it easy oh, u are appearing too desperate.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Samoo01: 9:08am On Feb 06, 2012
I couldn't agree more. A Nigerian Pastor fighting against corruption? Who'da thunk it? The evil deeds of Adeboye, Oyedepo and their whole band of gullible followers has beleaguered the good work this Pastor with limited congregration is doing. God Bless You, Mr. Bakare.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by DrummaBoy(m): 9:08am On Feb 06, 2012
Very like Bakare
We dey your back gidigba!
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by gempo(m): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2012
Thats what Nigeria really needs right now because if you check all the problems facing Nigeria, they all originate from the problem of corruption.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by room702(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2012
a protest is just a start and i hope it kick starts a violence-free revolution. 99.9% of these politicians are corrupt and they are not ready to stop looting.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by alexayng: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2012
get it
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by frankcimc(m): 9:55am On Feb 06, 2012
I wish Nigerians will come out in mass to support this rally. Corruption is evil.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by executinal(m): 10:00am On Feb 06, 2012
1, Who  is decieving who  grin grin Pastor collect tithe from the poor ones, and he is here braging to fight corruption grin, set example bakare then the rest will listen to you.
2, Protest till infinity, you can only hear they cult this or that, but withing them, they will still recieve their full pakage internal.
3, Your prayer as man of GOD you claim to be, is to pray let GOD kill them all both past and present leaders,abi GOD no dey answer his servant again grin grin.
3,  When are you planing massive protest against BOKO HARAM, Abi boko rams no be our major problem to our dear country now?? angry
4, Allow the youth to search for their daily bread, if they are on the street protesting, who will feed them, or you want them to turn to robbers overnight wink and do the protest day time angry
5, Bakare use your bible and fast 40 days and 40 night, beleive me GOD will answer your prayer cheesy cheesy cheesy
6, Ask Christ Okotie, him no do am by fire by force, he respect him selve after seing that politics is different game entirelly,
If it were Labour / TUC i will listen, but SNG grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Occupy corruption grin grin grin grin grin grin, just pray you don't end up in kirikiri prison, sturbon fly always follow dead body to the grave.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by BBDelta(m): 10:05am On Feb 06, 2012
Thatdave:

from my point of view, pastor is just looking for an evidense to get GEJ sued for ordering the army to fire at the protesters.
This makes it barbaric.
Protest against curruption is too vague. It should have been protest against one allocation or the other.

@ ThatDAVE, Why will GEJ order the army to fire at protesters, Can you see how you are reasoning? Does He have a right to do that? You better put on your cap of reasoning, GEJ or no GEJ, I want to be in Nigeria, no going any where again, I want to see a Nigeria that is working on merit, Do you see what is happening in the Pension Scheme, a Scheme for Aged and retired states men and women.? one person with 2 billion naira cash in His House and you tell me that you will open fire at Protesters, Be ready to Kill everybody, but this Idiotic mentality needs to stop.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by ziccoit: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2012
My love for this man is growing everyday. He is definitely a patriot. Ride on sir, the true Nigerians are with you.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Suntemi(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2012
executinal:

1, Who  is decieving who  grin grin Pastor collect tithe from the poor ones, and he is here braging to fight corruption grin, set example bakare then the rest will listen to you.
2, Protest till infinity, you can only hear they cult this or that, but withing them, they will still recieve their full pakage internal.
3, Your prayer as man of GOD you claim to be, is to pray let GOD kill them all both past and present leaders,abi GOD no dey answer his servant again grin grin.
3,  When are you planing massive protest against BOKO HARAM, Abi boko rams no be our major problem to our dear country now?? angry
4, Allow the youth to search for their daily bread, if they are on the street protesting, who will feed them, or you want them to turn to robbers overnight wink and do the protest day time angry
5, Bakare use your bible and fast 40 days and 40 night, beleive me GOD will answer your prayer cheesy cheesy cheesy
6, Ask Christ Okotie, him no do am by fire by force, he respect him selve after seing that politics is different game entirelly,
If it were Labour / TUC i will listen, but SNG grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Occupy corruption grin grin grin grin grin grin, just pray you don't end up in kirikiri prison, sturbon fly always follow dead body to the grave.

I shake head for u.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 06, 2012
Thatdave:

This makes it barbaric.
Protest against curruption  is too vague. It should have been protest against one allocation or the other.

Lmaoooooooo hahahahahahaha

This your post e get as e be o!
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by BBDelta(m): 10:12am On Feb 06, 2012
executinal:

Executional, May God help you, You believe this corruption should continue, so that one day it will reach your turn to steal, probably it has favoured you before, or seem to favour you before, ? Who told you Politics must be done with manipulations, lies and corruptions? You better believe that all this has to stop. God help you.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by efisher(m): 10:15am On Feb 06, 2012
VERY GOOD! But make sure you don't get violent in the process else you will be OYO.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Suntemi(m): 10:17am On Feb 06, 2012
BBDelta:

Executional, May God help you, You believe this corruption should continue, so that one day it will reach your turn to steal, probably it has favoured you before, or seem to favour you before, ? Who told you Politics must be done with manipulations, lies and corruptions? You better believe that all this has to stop. God help you.

I'm praying for him too because that his post is the most unreasonable post, I have seen in a longtime.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by executinal(m): 10:26am On Feb 06, 2012
BBDelta:

Corruption will never stop overnight, do the right thing at the right time. He should stop the corruption from himself, let him set example simple. There are poor people in that church that can barely feed one square meal a day, but he will still collect tith from them, who is killing who??

I never benefited from any corruption, rather GEJ was on the right track to end corruption, still he Bakare doesn't even understand the foundation of this so called corrupton that he is trying to fight now.

I still repeat when is Nigeria going out to tell federal government that enough is enough on the issue of security in our country?? why should i protest for nothing, which i know quite well that at the end, thesame story ?? Politician are evil people, they can only tell you ok, we have cut this and that, but at the end their pakage or allowance remain thesame so why not channel that your energy for protest to something meaninful than engage the youth for unessary protest. [size=18pt]WHy don't Bakare engage the youth to protest for resource control?? if they are taking about resource control i will be in the fore front with Bakare[/size]

What is the outcome of the last protest, Peter esele or whatever he is called, sold out Nigeria, SNG is not recorgnice if they are recorgnice they could have continue with the protest untill FG go back to N65.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by executinal(m): 10:29am On Feb 06, 2012
sun_temi:

I'm praying for him too because that his post is the most unreasonable post, I have seen in a longtime.
GO pray for your Prophet Bakare grin grin grin grin
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by franklyn71: 10:43am On Feb 06, 2012
Country men, It is from the way the grass bends, one can know the direction of the wind. Most of us don't have the natural virtue to do what the pastor is. He already knows what it can result to, but I am certain he trust in the God he serves.

Enough is enough! someone with such strong spirit and position should be highly encouraged to stand for 160 million people.

When did it become a crime to protest against corruption when it is a part of the religion he preaches to  congregation.
Corruption this obvious! and no one is properly persecuted, instead they continue to hold top offices given further opportunities spoil more.

No one is fighting the government, obviously no one can. The pastor has only infused a peaceful protest with evidence and facts in the bid to slow down this high level of corruption that now so embarrassing.

We all must die someday, but this corruption must stop now or we have nothing to talk about in a few years to come.
We have a great man and  mind in this Pastor, he cannot sleep knowing the country with so much gift(s) from God almighty is being dominated by a corrupt few that inhibit God's children. It is shameful and painful.

Obviously, the first protest revealed whole lots of financial crimes and another will bring forth more results and virtually purge all the secrete dealings, terminate the avenue to further loot of the National hoarded wealth. They must agree that Nigeria belongs to all of us or go hiding if they cannot  live with the truth.
They must also realize that the water which supports a boat can also sink it.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by RuuDie(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2012
Thatdave:

This makes it barbaric.

If the protest is against one thing in particular, some people will come out and say what of this other thing - just like during the Occupy Naija saga.

Thumbs up to the SNG, as long as this is not all politically motivated, I dey una back!
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by omanzo02: 10:56am On Feb 06, 2012
Its now they are making sense to me, but its has be well organise and violent free else, Nigeria crazy soldiers will bore hole in your aassszzz grin grin grin
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by asoderock(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2012
At least here is a man who has come out frm the safety of computer keyboard to carry out real action. If we have 1m Bakares in dis country who are prepared to take real action, Nigeria will surely not remain the same and will definitely change for gud.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by cgift(m): 11:10am On Feb 06, 2012
omanzo02:

Its now they are making sense to me, but its has be well organise and violent free else, Nigeria crazy soldiers will bore hole in your aassszzz grin grin grin

asoderock:

At least here is a man who has come out frm the safety of computer keyboard to carry out real action. If we have 1m Bakares in dis country who are prepared to take real action, Nigeria will surely not remain the same and will definitely change for gud.

My kids are 6 and 4 today, i dont want them to get to 25 and 23 and still be complaining f corruption in Nigeria! the question they will ask is " why did our parents not stop this? " Or do we run away from this responsibility now and then allow our sildren tfight the fight on our behalf? What sort of useless parents will they call us? THIS SLEAZE MUST STOP NOW!!

Let us support SNG!! Its a course worth dying for. I am not afraid of dying but i am copncerned about what i die for. Let us emancipate ourselves and our generations born and unborn for posterity sake.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Koolking(m): 11:10am On Feb 06, 2012
executinal:

[s]1, Who  is decieving who  grin grin Pastor collect tithe from the poor ones, and he is here braging to fight corruption grin, set example bakare then the rest will listen to you.
Occupy corruption grin grin grin grin grin grin, just pray you don't end up in kirikiri prison, sturbon fly always follow dead body to the grave.[/s]

shameful, disappointing and unnigerian. Siddon look syndrome, symptom of docility and retrogression.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 06, 2012
Adeboye should forget the fact he prayed for Jonathan. He should buckle his 'humility' and join in the fight against Corruption. He should make his university education free before joining the boat.

Oyedepo should stop misleading Christians, renounce his fraudulent ways and Join the Fight against Corruption. He should sell his private jets first and make education free before joining the boat.

Oyakhilome should stop galivanting around the globe when there's problem back home. He should stop commercializing religion and start fighting corruption. Stop selling selling selling. Is that all you know what best to do? Look back home and do your part for the sake of the future of the children in the streets from the North, west, south, and the east.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by MAYOWAAK: 11:18am On Feb 06, 2012
executinal:

Corruption will never stop overnight, do the right thing at the right time. He should stop the corruption from himself, let him set example simple. There are poor people in that church that can barely feed one square meal a day, but he will still collect tith from them, who is killing who??

I never benefited from any corruption, rather GEJ was on the right track to end corruption, still he Bakare doesn't even understand the foundation of this so called corrupton that he is trying to fight now.

I still repeat when is Nigeria going out to tell federal government that enough is enough on the issue of security in our country?? why should i protest for nothing, which i know quite well that at the end, thesame story ?? Politician are evil people, they can only tell you ok, we have cut this and that, but at the end their pakage or allowance remain thesame so why not channel that your energy for protest to something meaninful than engage the youth for unessary protest. [size=18pt]WHy don't Bakare engage the youth to protest for resource control?? if they are taking about resource control i will be in the fore front with Bakare[/size]

What is the outcome of the last protest, Peter esele or whatever he is called, sold out Nigeria, SNG is not recorgnice if they are recorgnice they could have continue with the protest untill FG go back to N65.

The youths are not as interested in resource control as they are in having a decent living space in an atmosphere of justice.The root causes of the major crimes in Nigeria today are corruption,wickedness,greed,inequalities,discrimination,impunity,celebration of money and evil and disregard for values and virtues.I can summarise all these to ELITE INJUSTICE.So if the Niger Deltans are allowed to control the wealth from their soil and the elites among them decide to corner it,there will still arise micro-cell militants or perhaps family based militants among them
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by BashMe1(m): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2012
Bakare, ur D Man!
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Chinom(m): 11:23am On Feb 06, 2012
Now they're talking.This is the sort of protests Nigeria needs now. The entire Arab spring protest that forced change of regimes in North Africa including the death of Ghaddafi was against corruption. Fuel subsidy was not the problem,but the massive corruption that went with the implementation.
I have never carried placard for anything in Nigeria before, but i am ready to march with force to the National assembly. How can we allow these people to collect N42m every 3 months in the name of allowances. N42M PER QUARTER !!. That is outrageous.
I have never seen nor heard the buffon that represents my consitituency say anything on the floor of the house or even on the newspapers. He is contributing zero to both the nation and his constituency. These dishonourable members together with the corrupt public servants in the MDAs are the main reason prices of properties have skyrocketed in Nigeria. The bulk of stolen public fund is packed in real estates in Abuja and Lagos.
Let me know when we will occupy the NASS.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by 2sexy(m): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2012
Executinal, what have you done for your people?

Was Martin Luther not a pastor?

What about Gandhi?

How did Isreal get to the promise land?

How did they conquer their enemies? Fold arms?

Talking about tithes, it is based on faith. I was never brought up in a Christian home but I can authoritatively say that it WORKS! Its left for you to what the bibles says about tithes. Are you worshipping pastor or God? Its not a must that you give a tithe to only your pastor; it can be given at any place as long as there is faith tied to it.

Good luck!
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by ade80: 11:26am On Feb 06, 2012
executinal:

Corruption will never stop overnight, do the right thing at the right time. He should stop the corruption from himself, let him set example simple. There are poor people in that church that can barely feed one square meal a day, but he will still collect tith from them, who fis killing who??

People pay tithes because they want to, nobody goes to collect the money from them by force, and some churches do have a welfare program for poor church members.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by executinal(m): 11:29am On Feb 06, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

The youths are not as interested in resource control as they are in having a decent living space in an atmosphere of justice.The root causes of the major crimes in Nigeria today are corruption,wickedness,greed,inequalities,discrimination,impunity,celebration of money and evil and disregard for values and virtues.I can summarise all these to ELITE INJUSTICE.So if the Niger Deltans are allowed to control the wealth from their soil and the elites among them decide to corner it,there will still arise micro-cell militants or perhaps family based militants among them
And once the oil dries up what next, we now remenber resource control abi?? Also In 70s or so are we not doing fine before the oil?? My brother oil revenue is our major souce of corruption, all our hope lies on oil, Governors are not doing to our expectations, rather at the end of the month FAC account, most we continue this way angry angry
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by 989900: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2012
If only we all would make it count.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Survival Of Niger Delta Beyond Crude Oil, Crude Oil Not "Useless" / Buhari Has Been Vindicated, "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy"see Why / Igbanke People What Are You Doing In Edo State, Are You Igbo's Or Bini's?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.