Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption (6085 Views)

Drama As INEC Concludes Defence In Akwa Ibom Governorship Election Suit / Amaechi's Deputy,tele Ikuru Concludes Plans To Join PDP / Council Of State Concludes Meeting, Says Election Will Hold This February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by werepeLeri: 11:34am On Feb 06, 2012
Show me just one Nigerian who is not corrupt!

Define what corruption is.

Does corruption exist outside government?

Does corruption exist in the private sector?

So, when you fight corruption - why do people think it must be with government alone?

Who and who can say within himself, if I am corrupt or have corrupt tendencies - I should not see tmrow.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Chinom(m): 11:35am On Feb 06, 2012
@ EXECUTINAL, Forget about resource controle. Our biggest and most damaging problem is CORRUPTION. I don't think you know the extent and gravity of this problem. It was said the OBJ spent $13billion on power projects. Where are the projects and where is the power generated.
If any European nation spends $13b on anything, the multiplier effect of the singular expenditure will run into 100s of billion, if not $1trillion. In Nigeria it's zero. Because the money was budget, allocated, withdrawn and then just vanished. Can no longer be traced.
Who will control those resources when you get it ?. The same thieves who control it now ?. Lets go the Chinese way.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by werepeLeri: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2012
Stop synchronising the word corruption with government. To remove corruption - start from the person, each person, me and you. How many of you take inflated government contracts? How many of you dont pay your NEPA bills? I can go on and on.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by franklyn71: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2012
Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men, as courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage.

We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear. If you can not do help biuld Nigeria, stand and watch instead of discouraging concerned Nigerians.

Do not stand in the way of real people because you cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by executinal(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2012
Chinom:

@ EXECUTINAL, Forget about resource controle. Our biggest and most damaging problem is CORRUPTION. I don't think you know the extent and gravity of this problem. It was said the OBJ spent $13billion on power projects. Where are the projects and where is the power generated.
If any European nation spends $13b on anything, the multiplier effect of the singular expenditure will run into 100s of billion, if not $1trillion. In Nigeria it's zero. Because the money was budget, allocated, withdrawn and then just vanished. Can no longer be traced.
Who will control those resources when you get it ?. The same thieves who control it now ?. Lets go the Chinese way.
Were did the said money come from?? OIL i gues, because we do not account for what we have, due to lack of resource control. If each state have something to show to the FG at the end of the month, all our Governors will be mandated to do their job, rather than seat and wait for monthly allocation
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Gentleboby: 11:50am On Feb 06, 2012
Kill Corruption in Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Means the storm is over
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Chinom(m): 11:55am On Feb 06, 2012
werepeLeri:

Stop synchronising the word corruption with government. To remove corruption - start from the person, each person, me and you. How many of you take inflated government contracts? How many of you dont pay your NEPA bills? I can go on and on.
In which planet do you live in ?!!. What a warped logic. If the govt does not offer inflated contracts, there will be no inflated contracts to take. The demons of corruption are the public servants who provide contracts in which as much as 50% kickback and bribes are built into the estimates. What do you expect the poor contractor with a wife or wives and childeren to do?. The Nepa bills we've all been paying for years, how much of it actually go into the govt accounts ?.  It's up to the government to enforce the anti corruption laws. The reason you can never get your way with the police or customs in Nigeria is because the  corporal at the checkpoint collecting "roger"is collecting for both himself and the ASP at the office. So whom will you report or complain to. They will frustrate the life out of you.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by werepeLeri: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
Chinom:

In which planet do you live in ?!!. What a warped logic. If the govt does not offer inflated contracts, there will be no inflated contracts to take. The demons of corruption are the public servants who provide contracts in which as much as 50% kickback and bribes are built into the estimates. What do you expect the poor contractor with a wife or wives and childeren to do?. The Nepa bills we've all been paying for years, how much of it actually go into the govt accounts ?.  It's up to the government to enforce the anti corruption laws. The reason you can never get your way with the police or customs in Nigeria is because the  corporal at the checkpoint collecting "roger"is collecting for both himself and the ASP at the office. So whom will you report or complain to. They will frustrate the life out of you.

Your thinking is exact reason why corruption can not be eradicated. Who is government? You said "if the government does not offer inflated contracts" - who is government in this case? I guess you mean the individuals in the government agencies - or who is government? You said public Servants - so, are these not individuals? You are simply trying to justify why individuals have to be corrupt hence focusing on an in existing "government".

If individuals are corruption free - then you wont focus on government - government comes and goes - but the individual where ever he or she is, if corrupt, will forever remain corrupt.

If I go into government with a corruption free mind - and everyone else does - then, which government will you blame? It is an individual thing, and it should be killed from the individual perspective.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Revolutnz: 12:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
Let's seize this opportunity to kill CORRUPTION before CORRUPTION kills us.

Join The War Against Indiscipline & Corruption Today.

Enough Is Enough
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by londoner: 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2012
Is this pastor going to face the corruption, stealing and manipulation within the church? If he isn't then he should keep quite because it is then not sincere.

You cant claim to fight corruption when you have the same set up in your fellow pastors you see all the time, remove the log in your eye first.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by BBDelta(m): 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2012
werepeLeri:

Whoever you are WerepeLeri, the Fact that you don't pay your bills don't mean others don't, I have lived for more than 2 years in my house, am I have receipt for all the units I have used, I have proves for payment of taxes since 2010 to date, when I stated working. I have never stolen anybody money, not to talk of Government money, I believe in Good Moral Values, I have never collected any Government Contacts because, I will never give bribe to anyone to give me contracts, I concentrate on improving my expertise on various kind of services that is needed by the general public, I work hard both day and night, I will never cut corners to get a job, because I don't need it so despirately, I believe in the merit system, I don't have people I need to impress with money or make some extravegant spending. I am not CORRUPT, God will hodl all of us accountable for the promotion of Corruption directly or indirectly. God Help You.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by londoner: 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2012
BBDelta:

Whoever you are WerepeLeri, the Fact that you don't pay your bills don't mean others don't, I have lived for more than 2 years in my house, am I have receipt for all the units I have used, I have proves for payment of taxes since 2010 to date, when I stated working. I have never stolen anybody money, not to talk of Government money, I believe in Good Moral Values, I have never collected any Government Contacts because, I will never give bribe to anyone to give me contracts, I concentrate on improving my expertise on various kind of services that is needed by the general public, I work hard both day and night, I will never cut corners to get a job, because I don't need it so despirately, I believe in the merit system, I don't have people I need to impress with money or make some extravegant spending. I am not CORRUPT, God will hodl all of us accountable for the promotion of Corruption directly or indirectly. God Help You.

^^^^ Good for you, but cant you see that if all individuals lived like you say you do. Honestly, moral values, never stealing what does not belong to you, we would not have a problem like corruption to speak of?

It is because individuals are corrupt in Nigeria (mostly) that we have not been able to tame it. Corruption does not have a life of its own, it is given breathe by individuals and individuals of all levels and walks of life are too willing to fill its lungs and unless Nigerians realise this, it will not change.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by cap28: 2:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
I really respect this man - he is fearless, despite all the death threats and intimidation from Goodluck and his fellow criminals he remains defiant, we all need to get behind this man, hopefully this movement against corruption will kick start the revolution that was recently derailed.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by TallOrder: 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2012
werepeLeri:

Your thinking is exact reason why corruption can not be eradicated. Who is government? You said "if the government does not offer inflated contracts" - who is government in this case? I guess you mean the individuals in the government agencies - or who is government? You said public Servants - so, are these not individuals? You are simply trying to justify why individuals have to be corrupt hence focusing on an in existing "government".

If individuals are corruption free - then you wont focus on government - government comes and goes - but the individual where ever he or she is, if corrupt, will forever remain corrupt.

If I go into government with a corruption free mind - and everyone else does - then, which government will you blame? It is an individual thing, and it should be killed from the individual perspective.

I beg to differ!

Corruption is not simply an individual thing. If everybody is a saint, there wouldn't be any need for laws and government in the first place! Individual corruption is the reason why government exists to check it. But when the government becomes corrupt, the corrupt prosper and become stronger in the land. To effectively deal with corruption, you need to start with government and put a good system in place to marginalize the corrupt from power.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by solajacobs(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
I WILL SURELY JOIN THE PROTEST ON ONE CODITION, THE CONDITION IS THAT THREE OF PASTOR BAKARE''S CHILDREN SHOULD BE AT THE RALLY.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by IYANGBALI: 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2012
seriously speaking i miss strike,i would like us to start another one that would last at least one month so that i would have the opportunity to enjoy with my boy friend grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by werepeLeri: 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2012
BBDelta:

What's this one talking about?
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2012
I support you Pastor Bakare, u have a lion mind
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-838573.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-797397.0.html#msg9488996

i will watch all the gej muppets on that thread speak out of the other sides of their lying mouths

Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by nex(m): 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2012
I was there during Occupy Nigeria, I came out everyday, I didn't relent. I will come out and protest with Tunde Bakare, even though I'm opposed to some of his views, but as long as I know that his intentions are pure, and he'll stand till the end, I will be there with him.

The issues I have though with these protests:

1. They should be held in Abuja
2. There should be no "leader" else, if they are taken out, the struggle will collapse.
3. When we say we will protest till we see the change we want, we should stick to exactly those terms.

I will come out, I will make a change. The rest of you have no right to sit back. It's your country too!
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by ezer(m): 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2012
If this disgrace of a pastor truelly wants to curb the excesses in this country with his idiotic protest,he should start with protesting against boko haram, well on a second thought,he can't because he's boss buhari is one of the sponsors of bokoharam, I can see he like his boss loves d flow of innocent bloods that's y he has embarked on another senseless strike where nothing but the blood of innocent youths would be sacrificed again.if nothing was learnt from the NLC/NUC strike.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2012
ezer:

If this disgrace of a pastor truelly wants to curb the excesses in this country with his idiotic protest,he should start with protesting against boko haram, well on a second thought,he can't because he's boss buhari is one of the sponsors of bokoharam, I can see he like his boss loves d flow of innocent bloods that's y he has embarked on another senseless strike where nothing but the blood of innocent youths would be sacrificed again.if nothing was learnt from the NLC/NUC strike.

Bakare has decided to lead the fight against curruption. You go and lead a different protest against boko haram so that you and your fellow a$$wipes can lick Jonathan's black butt all day long.
Smell away, useless man.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by ezer(m): 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2012
Blackwind:
Quote from: ezer on Today at 05:00:34 PM

Bakare has decided to lead the fight against curruption. You go and lead a different protest against boko haram so that you and your fellow a$$wipes can lick Jonathan's black butt all day long.
Smell away, useless man.

Hey hey hey!,stop there!! Who d fhuck r u talking to, oh I see u,a tunde bakare puppet, well go fhuck urself!!, you are a bloody fool
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by ceah(m): 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2012
@ezer, pls, I beg you, lead the protest against the bokos
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by ollyruffy: 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2012
This is most welcome.
I hope nigerians will drop ethnic, religious and political sentiments and would come together to join this movement against corruption.
Fight corrupt and most if not all nigerian problems would be solved.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Kilode1: 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
oyb:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-838573.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-797397.0.html#msg9488996

i will watch all the gej muppets on that thread speak out of the other sides of their lying mouths

LOL

But you know they will spin this and find an excuse to oppose the idea.

When Bakare and co came out to oppose fuel subsidy, they attacked them, saying they should be protesting against corruption

Now he's organizing against corruption, they are screaming he should go and fight Boko haram  grin

If civil society groups cower and decide to go against Boko, these same sycophants will find another excuse, maybe they will want them to fight Ghana then.

They don't want change, they prefer continuity and the corrupt status quo.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by dayokanu(m): 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2012
^^ Abi o Kilode
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 06, 2012
Gosh its so sad that these mora4ckers aint seeing that GEJ is destroying this Country. WTF! is wrong with You guys? angry
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by MeAboki(m): 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2012
Corruption is the single enemy, all other problems are directly or indirectly related to it, extinguish it and Nigeria would be born again. More grease to your elbow Mr Preacher Man! cool grin
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by tnktosin(m): 6:55am On Feb 07, 2012
Finally, Am participating.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 07, 2012
Let tell you why this will fail woefully.

1. Some people will remember that GEJ is their son.

2. Some people, in their wishful thinking that GEJ will handover to them in 2015 will support GEJ's idiotic supporters.

3. These two groups will remember that Tunde Bakare is not from their tribe, so, whether he has noble intentions or not, they'll do everything to make him fail, while conveniently forgetting that failure means suffering; SUFFERING WHICH WILL NOT AFFECT THE GOOD PREACHER IN ANYWAY---- Tunde Bakare can be considered rich when compared to the average Nigerian.

So it was with the Fuel Subsidy Removal Issue, so it shall be with this proposed protest.

I am not a soothsayer, nor am I a messenger of doom, I just speak the truth as I see it. Damn whose Ox is gored.
Re: Sng Concludes Plans For Protest Against Corruption by DrummaBoy(m): 10:58am On Feb 07, 2012
Thank you Oyb for that timely reminder.
And for you werepeleri
werepeLeri:

Do me a favor and answer this question, since you do so well defending this clueless govt:

1. why has Jonathan not declared his asset to this moment
2. why did this govt hav to wait till the occupy nigeria protests at Ojota to begin investigating petroleum marketers?
3. why has none of you offered us a sound reason for the alleged money laundering activities of the first lady, petroleum minister and the rest.
4. why did madueke defend the marketers before even the probes began

5. And how much are you paid to tell us gibberish on NL?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ENUGU International Airport Scam: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation / Census Not Likely In 2017, Says NPC Boss / Igbo Girl With White Skin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.