Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live (6679 Views)

APC Governorship Campaign In Lagos: Live Pictures / PDP Governors Forum Interactive Session, Lagos, Live On NTA /AIT And Channels. / Oshiomhole Escapes Being Beaten At Meeting Of National Dialogue In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by mukina2: 11:52am On Feb 06, 2012
BARRING the unforeseen, elder statesmen, political leaders, rights activists and representatives of ethnic nationalities would today converge on Lagos today for a two-day National Summit.

The summit is being hosted by a group chaired by Prof. Pat Utomi. Participants at the debate include the members of the National Action Coalition (NACO) led by Dr. Tunji Braithwaite, former Kaduna State Governor Balaraba Musa, Dr. Kalu Idika Kalu, Dr. Kunle Olajide, former Information Minister John Nwodo, Niger Delta activist Ankio Briggs, Denzil Ketembe, and Dr. Lakin Akintola.

Also expected are: Chief Ayo Adebanjo, Prof. Ben Nwabueze, Mr. Ife Oyedele, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, representatives of the bar, rights groups and self-determination organisations.

The secretary of the Summit Group, Tony Uranta, said the meeting would discuss the pressing challenges confronting the country and take decisions that would move the country forward.

However, skeptics doubted the sincerity of the group, thinking that it was motivated by the government. At a press briefing yesterday, Braithwaite spoke on the need to iron out some grey areas with the organisers before participation.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/mobile/news/35835-political-leaders-rights-group-meet-in-lagos-over-security-other-issues.html

http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 11:54am On Feb 06, 2012
Good now people are talking about the bases of the unity of the country
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2012
mad people, dis integrate the dam country and lets have peace,them no go hear
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 11:56am On Feb 06, 2012
Fani is talking of SNC in Nigeria

he is talking of equality
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by mukina2: 11:56am On Feb 06, 2012
Prof. Ben Nwabueze says "we are here to ensure Nigeria remains one".  the solution to Nigeria's problems is a national conference, bringing all ethnic groups together
Prof. Nwabueze calls for a national conference where all can decide on laws the nation ought to live by."no one will stop a national conference in this country, they must be prepared to kill us".

https://twitter.com/Channels_TV
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by mukina2: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2012
Femi Fani-Kayode says the problem in Nigeria is that some people believe they ought to have total power all the time. He starts by disagreeing with Clarke who said soldiers on the streets of Lagos wasn't a big deal.
https://twitter.com/Channels_TV/status/166475435767644160
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 11:58am On Feb 06, 2012
Femi fani and Ben Nwabueze calls for SNC now !!!!!!!!

Femi calls all nigerian to stand by SNC
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by babaowo: 11:59am On Feb 06, 2012
we are watching!!!
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2012
Southern Nigerians

representative of Igbo yoruba, edo and Ijaw call for SNC

hmmmmmmm
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by lordkrato(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2012
mukina2:

https://twitter.com/Channels_TV

When dem kill am now, i'm go cry foul,
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Abujabir24: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
What kind of Lousy meeting are they up to. evertyday meeting meeting meeting. Pathetic, very pathetic
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by FASTLINK1: 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2012
Yeah, it is a gradual process, an outright calls for disintegration could amount to war!
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2012
kaduna speaks, quotes

we must sit together and talk,

if things does not hold things would fall apart

they say we come from the north but we are not really north.

I am talking about the middle belt.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by edoyad(m): 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2012
Who is this Charity Shekari? Many pretty women in attendance.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2012
Abujabir24:

What kind of Lousy meeting are they up to. evertyday meeting meeting meeting. Pathetic, very pathetic

This meeting is very very necessary if not we would kill ourselves and there would be no one to carry our legacy

WE NEED THIS MEETING.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2012
so far

the Yoruba, Igbo, and Kaduna have supported it

Ijaw speaks now
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2012
edwin clark in the meeting

other ijaws support femi fani
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2012
Ijaws want SNC

Sultan condemn Boko haram
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by MAYOWAAK: 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2012
alj harem:

Femi fani and Ben Nwabueze calls for SNC now !!!!!!!!

Femi calls all nigerian to stand by SNC

I throw only one challenge at the advocates of SNC—let them come out and tell us about its entire ramifications. We need to be properly educated on how it is going to be organised. These are the questions that I have. One, how would the representation be done? Would it be based on states, councils, wards, ethnic groups or dialects? Two, how would the seats be allocated? Would it be equal representation no matter the population of any group? Three, how would representatives emerge—through election or selection? Four, how would decisions be taken? Would every group be entitled to just one vote? Or would the population of each group determine the number of representatives?

Why am I asking these questions? From my simple reading of the make-up of Nigeria, the odds are not in favour of the original agitators of SNC. If representation is going to be by states, there are more states up North than down South—and I’m even assuming all Southern states want to be in one country together or want to vote in one direction. If it is ethnic group by ethnic group, there are possibly 200 ethnic groups up North and 50 down South. Again, that is a bit tricky at the end of the day. If it is council by council, there are far more councils in the North. I think there is also an assumption that the interests of every group in the same region align. I don’t think so. Resource control, for instance, is a zero-sum game: my gain is your loss. If oil-producing states gain an additional 1 per cent, the rest of Nigeria loses 1 per cent. At least 10 of the 17 Southern states will die if oil money is denied them today. Same for the North.
That is why I think the simplest part of the job is to convene the conference; the most difficult part would be how final, binding, irrevocable and globally acceptable decisions can be reached within the current geo-political demography realities. I want to be educated on this
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by edoyad(m): 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2012
alj harem:

so far

the Yoruba, Igbo, and Kaduna have supported it

Ijaw speaks now

Look here, Southern Kaduna  and not Kaduna has supported it.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by edoyad(m): 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2012
edoyad:

Who is this Charity Shekari? Many pretty women in attendance.

Aunty Muki which of those pretty faces is yours now. Tell us abeg.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 06, 2012
boko haram is heading to that venue grin grin grin grin grin
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by edoyad(m): 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2012
John Nwodo, former Min. of Information speaking.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2012
edoyad:

Look here, Southern Kaduna  and not Kaduna has supported it.

she did not specified any south or north. She said Kaduna
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2012
Anambra

I was employed in Ibadan where the yoruba population accepted me
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by edoyad(m): 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2012
Nwodo, " OUR PRESENT CONSTITUTION HAS FAILED".
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Wily2wily: 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2012
Southerners begging for SNG, nay wah.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by LogicMind: 12:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
ankio briggs don vex o
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by edoyad(m): 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
Logic Mind:

ankio briggs don vex o

That woman spoke well, but she should also have condemned leaders of the ND too.
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2012
Let every region hav autonomy over her resources and develop herself. Enuf of rippin one region to develop others. It will result to laziness! Occupy ur resources! Face ur front! Develop urselves! Let there be competition among regions! Stop corruption now!!!
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by Wily2wily: 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2012
Southerners begging for SNC, nay wah
Re: National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live by aljharem(m): 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2012
Briggs open bigotry shocked shocked shocked shocked

9 states contributes to Nigeria and lagos

I am deeply offended by Sanusi's comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Comparison Between The Super Oil Rich States Of Delta And Akwaibom / Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element / We Bring To You Live Pictures Of What Is Happening In Onitsha. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.