Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,137 members, 7,957,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:56 AM

Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria (16664 Views)

Men of God Or Gods Of Men? / There Is No Wedding Ring In The Old Or New Testaments. / Christianity Vs. Satanism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2012
Chei, this topic and its posters scare me walahi!
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by stunna2(m): 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2012
Fellow NairaLanders who are enlighted pls be kind to some here who are washed in Ignorance  when you respond to their public display in the name of christianity!

i am not aware of any developed country in the world today that did not bring along their ancient gods and cultures!

i feel cheated that as a child i was made to give up some of my traditions for religious reasons but i promptly reclaimed what i could as soon as i was able to as an adult!

the sad thing is the destruction of these world cultural heritage but what is even sadder is that the agenda is being moderated by porverty on the one hand and facilatated by pure ignorance as displayed by a few comments of some folks above!

as has been pointed out by some smart people above, when the muslims attack christians and take their miserable lives away, they (these people here so-called christians running their mouths) try to turn it into a political fight and wants the country to be divided to protect them, ya?
alas, when the symbols of our gods (not the gods) are destroyed by these socalled christians and someone object to it, these same people rush to shout that the gods should fight for themselves, !

now, can you see where we r in nigeria as a people, and our capacity for deep thought!?!

i've heard of a few secondary school diploma holders who failed at everything else before becoming pastors without any certifications whatsoever, !!

oh well

now, one can see that psychologically in the face of such colossal personal failures in life blamed on local gods, they do not feel any hint of guilt when destroying these figures in figurines in the company of prosperity theology

if it feels good then it must be right
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Martian ubermensch. Thank you very much. Atleast we still have people who understands half of the likely scenario. Most of our people are far too gone, redeeming them is almost impossible. They prefer to be WELL FED SLAVES INSTEAD OF HUNGRY FREE MEN.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by 9jafreak: 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2012
[size=16pt]Achebe sums it up rather nicely:

"We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. ,  He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart."

(Things Fall Apart.)

Africans were robbed. What has Christianity done for our progress? Today, hardly any African youth knows anything detailed about his/her history.

A people without a knowledge of their past are heading into nowhere.

Today, we are too African to be western, and too western to be African. Lost. Without identity. Merely floating through existence.
Tragedy!
[/size]
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by dagboss(m): 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2012
I wonder every time I hear all these nonsense that a pastor advises against our traditional practices. Maybe our ancestors are angry with us and that is probably why everything is wrong with us these days. I was in South Asia from January 2007 to February 2008 I travelled to some cities particularly Kupang and the world famous Bali otherwise known as Dempassar in Indonesia. Even though Indonesia is predominantly an Islamic country, the people in these two cities still stick to their traditional practices particularly Bali despite the fact that it is an international tourist destination where there are hundreds of huge shopping malls and hotels. We were shocked early in the morning oF the next day we got to Bali, all over the streets were freshly cooked rice with other things served in bowls and put everywhere as sacrifices to their gods or whatever, even at the entrances of those shopping malls. We the Nogerians on transit in the city could not but marvel at their loyalty to their gods. And yet Indonesia is 100 light years ahead of us. Quote me I can say without any fear of contradiction that I do not know of anything, anything at all that is imported into that country. We should continue to stick to our bibles and quarans here and allow some crooks called pastors, GOs and semi-illiterate Islamic clerics to continue to destroy our pasts while Europeans continue to take away our cherished artifacts. It's a pity most of those things are no more available in my family otherwise I would have waited for the day a crook pastor will say God has sent him to burn or destroy it I would have organized boys in my area to give him VIP treatment.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by SNCOQ3(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
"Over the years I have tried to find at what point the road of evolution of the black man moved away from that taken by the white man. Increasingly I believe the point of diversion can be found in Man's relation to God. The fact is, the black man's God ia a God of retribution; awesome, unapproachable and merciless. The white man's God is God of love, mercy and forgiveness. From there it his not hard to see how the black became inhibited in is confrontation with natural phenomena, while the white felt encouraged to explore and conquer the natural phenomena that surrounded him.

let me give an example. The black man, faced with a strange mountain, quickly turns his back on this terrifying monster, seeks out a calf from his miserable herd and begins the regular sacrifice to the god of the mountain. Very soon the mountain has become sacred and therefore impenetrable. His white counterpart would be fascinated by the spectacle of the mountain, but his reaction would be to climb it, on its summit to dominate the landscape, on its flanks to sow his crops and in its entrails to mine for minerals. The black man in history, considering himself unworthy of God, has tended to leave Creation as it stood, easily satisfied; the white man, considering himself the favourite of God, has through the ages continually questioned Creation, and never hesitated to bend it to his will and advantage.

Where each of these divergent attitudes have led is now very clear: the technological gap, the domination of the world by the white, and the moral enslavement of the black man's mind. Today i think we have come to realise that this bar to our development can and must overcome. But to overcome it we must as a race make fundamental changes in our attitudes, realising that the greater enemy is within ourselves, and that plots and conspiracies against us, if they exist, are but secondary obstacles."

-- Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu (1933 - 2011)
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by Revolva(m): 8:18pm On Feb 16, 2012
God s everywhere whether you worship any form of diety i believe its the same thing, Jare, All i know Africa have been lost and washed by the white man,
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by 9jafreak: 8:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
Bless your heart for this revealing post! My respect for the Dim soared upon reading this! That's how we got it wrong!

SNCOQ3:

"Over the years I have tried to find at what point the road of evolution of the black man moved away from that taken by the white man. Increasingly I believe the point of diversion can be found in Man's relation to God. The fact is, the black man's God ia a God of retribution; awesome, unapproachable and merciless. The white man's God is God of love, mercy and forgiveness. From there it his not hard to see how the black became inhibited in is confrontation with natural phenomena, while the white felt encouraged to explore and conquer the natural phenomena that surrounded him.

let me give an example. The black man, faced with a strange mountain, quickly turns his back on this terrifying monster, seeks out a calf from his miserable herd and begins the regular sacrifice to the god of the mountain. Very soon the mountain has become sacred and therefore impenetrable. His white counterpart would be fascinated by the spectacle of the mountain, but his reaction would be to climb it, on its summit to dominate the landscape, on its flanks to sow his crops and in its entrails to mine for minerals. The black man in history, considering himself unworthy of God, has tended to leave Creation as it stood, easily satisfied; the white man, considering himself the favourite of God, has through the ages continually questioned Creation, and never hesitated to bend it to his will and advantage.

Where each of these divergent attitudes have led is now very clear: the technological gap, the domination of the world by the white,  and the moral enslavement of the black man's mind. Today i think we have come to realise that this bar to our development can and must overcome. But to overcome it we must as a race make fundamental changes in our attitudes, realising that the greater enemy is within ourselves, and that plots and conspiracies against us, if they exist, are but secondary obstacles."

-- Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu (1933 - 2011)
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by SNCOQ3(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2012
Revolva:

God s everywhere whether you worship any form of diety i believe its the same thing, Jare, All i know Africa have been lost and washed by the white man,

How is worshiping different idols thesame thing as worshiping the one true God because He is omnipresent. your statement is self-contraditory. As for the bolded, this is the problem with the black man - passing the bulk instead of taking responsibility for our failure. 50 years after independence, you're still blaming the white man for our national shame. Let me quote Ojukwu again  ", But to overcome it we must as a race make fundamental changes in our attitudes, realising that the greater enemy is within ourselves, and that plots and conspiracies against us, if they exist, are but secondary obstacles."
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by SNCOQ3(m): 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2012
9jafreak:

Bless your heart for this revealing post! My respect for the Dim soared upon reading this! That's how we got it wrong!

Thank you. The Dim was extraordinary.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by Ptolomeus(m): 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2012
9jafreak:

Excellent thought.
Hopefully reading this will open some minds
Thanks for sharing dear friend!
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by ritchboy(m): 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2012
Let the damn gods fight for themselves. Let them defend themselves and smite the heads of their oppressors.
I'm amazed at hearing that men destroyed gods. grin
how can gods be destroyed by men,if they have life?

[psalm 115:3]Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.
(4)Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
(5)They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
(6)They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
(7)They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat

We are not afraid of the gods that man can destroy.

[Jeremiah 10:5] Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good."

You mean if i burn down the Vatican, God will smite my head? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2012
We should start a movement to prevent further destruction of our heritage symbols. Bills protecting artefacts and criminalising destroying them in the name of some phantom "deliverance" should be passed.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2012
ceejayluv:

We should start a movement to prevent further destruction of our heritage symbols. Bills protecting artefacts and criminalising destroying them in the name of some phantom "deliverance" should be passed.

First we need more people to start thinking like you, then things will start happening.
Unfortunately, it's probably going to be the next generation that does this if there are enough smart ones left after the majority have been rendered mentally handicapped by the religious fanatics currently raising them.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2012
This Pagans are shallow mind people, God reigns.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2012
[size=32pt]THE GODS WILL RETURN TO NIGERIA SOON![/size] cool

The Mayans had predicted right. This year 2012, is the begining of the END, for christianity , for islam , for the dark ages.

Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

THE GODS WILL RETURN TO NIGERIA SOON
The Mayans had predicted right. This year 2012, is the begining of the END, for christianity , for islam , for the dark ages.

Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by kettlejnr: 11:33pm On Feb 16, 2012
INSIDE SECRETS OF THE WHITE MAN- How to rule the world.The truth has been spoken.A must watch
INSIDE SECRETS OF THE WHITE MAN- How to rule the world.The truth has been spoken.A must watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg34QzNQL48&feature=player_embedded
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by ektbear: 2:04am On Feb 17, 2012
I like Christianity, but don't want to see the old culture die out completely
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by odumchi: 5:43am On Feb 17, 2012
The thing that bothers me most is the destruction of historical artifacts. If you don't want them why not send tem to museums?  undecided

Besides, people in certain parts of Nigeria manage Christianity in addition to their traditional customs (to some extent). Christianity does not have to mean the destruction of all "pagan" tradition. Where I come from, our traditional practices are alive and strong despite the fact that most of us are Christians.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by SNCOQ3(m): 5:59am On Feb 17, 2012
Christianity does not have a problem with protecting artifacts as work of art and culture in museums. What it is against is using this objects as point of contact to demons a.k.a "ancestral spirits"
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by Sweetlemon(f): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2012
Let me correct something here.
Jesus christ died to save the WHOLE WORLD from all sorts of things ranging from curses to sickness! He came so that ALL can be saved and have eternal life. You do not need anything to worship Jesus, just a humble heart, that is the beauty of christianity!
So Christianity is not an European religion, it is for whosoever that believes that Jesus came to die for us.
Read the book of John in the bible for more clarity.
However, it is a choice and not to be forced down anybody's throat. If u wanna worship sango, by all means, go ahead. if u wanna worship amadiaoha, bye bye.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by In4MATIC1: 11:55am On Feb 17, 2012
Much has been said and am frankly torn between my current beliefs and objectivity.
I know for a fact that Christianity also has very bloody origins and most modern day Christians would feel repulsed if they should witness first hand the kind of blood sacrifice and sprinkling done with the life blood of animals from doves to bullocks in mosaic days.
Is that different from traditional African practices? I think not.

Now that its all been thankfully revolutionized, it is also not a bad idea for 'trado-worship' to also undergo same.
Regarding quotations from biblical sources, at times i wish our traditional histories and worship models were documented, for then we could compare quote for quote but alas, our forefathers were not as far thinking as the Egyptians of old.

My question is this? Is our society today- with all the killings, rapes corruption AND churches- a better society than the one where people didn't have to lock their doors cos no one in his right mind will attempt the types of crime we live with today?
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2012
odumchi:

The thing that bothers me most is the destruction of historical artifacts. If you don't want them why not send tem to museums? undecided

Besides, people in certain parts of Nigeria manage Christianity in addition to their traditional customs (to some extent). Christianity does not have to mean the destruction of all "pagan" tradition. Where I come from, our traditional practices are alive and strong despite the fact that most of us are Christians.

christianity is all about destroying Paganism. you cant be both. you choose either one or the other. remember, 2000 years of pain, sufferring and unnescessary destruction. these wound will never be healed.

the reason why traditional practices still survive is due to the lack of complete spiritual satisfaction by the converts and their descent. angry
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by blackcat1: 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
Please see the book of Deuteronomy chapters 27 and 28 start from verse 15 of chapter 27 and read the whole 2 chapters.

I have however pasted some verses from chapter 28 that really caught my attention.

49 The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:

64 And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind: (Blacks suffer in the hands of whites and other nations all over the world)

68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you. (The era of slave trade)

Please read the book of Deuteronomy chapters 27 and 28 it will open your eyes. Also pass it on to any Black man, woman or child. We need to know the truth and why we have the problems we have.

We need to rediscover our true black God. Only then can we find peace and progress.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by ghostofsparta(m): 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
From OP

"There is hardly anyone around these days to speak up for tradition"

I DO SPEAK VEHEMENTLY IN SUPPORT OF OUR TRADITIONS, ANCIENT PAST AND DEITIES (IFA), AND THERE'S HAS BEEN NO ONE THAT CAN WIN ME IN MY ARGUMENT. YOU SEE, WHAT BLACK CHRISTIAN/MUSLIMS CONVERTS DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THAT, THEY FAIL WOEFULLY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE MEAN BY ORISHAS AND IRUNMOLE, THEY READILY DENIGRATE AND QUICK TO DEMONISE OUR (YORUBA) GODS/DEITIES WHICH ARE EVEN POTENT THAN THE ONES IN THE ORIENTS AND ELSEWHERE. I HAVE CONDUCT PERSONAL RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS AS TO HOW OUR ANCESTORS CAME ABOUT POLYTHEISM. I HAVE ARGUED AND ARGUED WITH NUMEROUS PEOPLE HERE IN NIGERIA ABOUT THIS TOUCHY TOPIC, IN WHICH WHEN THEY REALIZE THE PERSPECTIVE I AM APPLYING TO CONFUTE THEIR CLAIMS THUS THE TWO REACTION THEY THROW NEXT AT ME IS DOGMATICISM AND OR APPEALING TO THE PRESENT CONSENSUS TO SHUT ME UP WHICH I SEE AS A VERBAL MOB-ATTACK.  IN MY PERSONAL UNDERTAKING AND RESEARCHES OF OURS AND THE WHITES, I HAVE COME TO DEDUCE THAT EVEN OURS (YORUBA) INSPIRED THE GREEK AND ROMAN PANTHEON, HOW? I MAY EXPLAIN LATER, IT'S BECAUSE OUR SO CALLED CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM PEEPS (BLACK CONVERTS) WHO NEVER TOOK TIME TO TEMPORARILY ADOPT A FLEXIBLE MIND TO DIG DEEP BOTH INTELLECTUALLY AND ANALYTICALLY  AS TO HOW AND WHY OUR FORE FATHERS ARE POLYTHEIST, THEY WEREN'T ST.UPID.

FIRST OF ALL, THERE ARE SO MANY MISCONCEPTIONS AND ERRORS, ONE OF THE MISTAKE IS THAT WE OUGHTN'T HAVE ALLOWED THESE WHITES TO LABEL OUR THING FOR US JUST LIKE BRUCE LEE AND CERTAIN ASIANS NEVER ALLOWED THE WHITES TO PIN A NAME TO THEIR WAYS,

FOR INSTANCE:
white man:      oh! from what i see here, this is martial art
orient man:      no! this is kung-fu

another instance
white man:    wow! this matial art are cool and wonderfool.
orient man:   no! no! this is Aikido and that's Karate

another instance
white man:    Really! I think this particular martial art is the coolest
orient man:   No! No! No! this one is Jujitsu and that one is Tai-Chi and they have several branches

Finally:
white man:       Okay, I give up, I guess I have to categorize them all under martial arts
oriental man:    So far you identify their various names no wahala!

I USE THE ABOVE ANALOGY TO IMPLY THE IDIOMATIC SAYING THAT "GIVE A DOG A BAD NAME, AND HANG IT" BECAUSE OUR FORE-FATHERS IGNORANTLY ACCEPTED BY  ALLOWING THE COLONIALISTS AND THE MISSIONARIES TO TAG OUR DEITIES AND BELIEF SYSTEM WITH "WORDS" AND "TERMS" THAT CONNOTES "DEVILRY" AND "DIABOLISM" DOESN'T MEAN THAT WE OURSELVES (BLACKS) SHOULD NOW ACCEPT IT THAT WAY. ASK YOUR SELF IF THEY'D KNEW ESHU WAS GOING TO TRANSLATED TO SATAN THE DEVIL KNOWING WHAT SATAN MEANS, WOULD THEY HAVE ALLOWED IT? NO, OFCOURSE. ESHU IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM SATAN THE DEVIL, THE WORD 'DEVIL' IS JUST LIKE A TITLE, SORT OF LIKE SAYING FEMI THE CARPENTER, SATAN IS THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF LUCIFER (JEWISH THEOLOGY), AND IF YOU STILL DISAGREE THEN LET THE OYINBO MAN TRANSLATE IBADAN TO ENGLISH, GET MY POINT? I TELL MY FRIENDS THAT WHY IS IT THAT THE NAMES OF THE WEEKS AND MONTHS WERE NAMED AFTER GREEK AND ROMAN MYTHICAL FIGURES AND DEITIES,  DESPITE THAT THEIRS ARE PROVEN NOT TO FUNCTION OR HAD EVER EXISTED BY ATHEISTS? NASA SPENDS BILLIONS OF DOLLARS EXPLORING THE SPACE AND WHENEVER AN HEAVENLY BODY IS DISCOVERED, THEY DON'T ATTRIBUTE NAMES OF BIBLICAL CHARACTER TO THEM, RATHER THEY LOOK FOR A GREEK OR ROMAN DEITY OR CHARACTER TO NAME THEIR GREAT
DISCOVERY.

-INTERLUDE-

SNCOQ3:

Christianity does not have a problem with protecting artifacts as work of art and culture in museums. What it is against is using this objects as point of

contact to demons a.k.a "ancestral spirits"

CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM HAS A WHOLE LOT OF PROBLEM WITH PROTECTING ANY ARTIFACT THAT DOESN'T PERTAIN TO THEIR BLOODY RELIGION, EITHER AS A WORK OF ART OR NOT. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ABOUT THE ARTIFACTS THAT ARE USED AS A MEDIUM TO CONTACT, EM!, AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'DEMON'? HAVE YOU WITNESSED ONE BEFORE? AND ALSO NOTE THAT NO ONE LIVING HAS EVE SEEN ANY OF THE BIBLICAL ANGEL, SATAN AND OFCOURSE GOD(YAWEH) BEFORE.

Sweetlemon:

Let me correct something here.
Jesus christ died to save the WHOLE WORLD from all sorts of things ranging from curses to sickness! He came so that ALL can be saved and have eternal

life. You do not need anything to worship Jesus, just a humble heart, that is the beauty of christianity!
So Christianity is not an European religion, it is for whosoever that believes that Jesus came to die for us.
Read the book of John in the bible for more clarity.
However, it is a choice and not to be forced down anybody's throat. If u wanna worship sango, by all means, go ahead. if u wanna worship amadiaoha, bye bye.
YOU AREN'T CORRECTING ANYTHING, RATHER YOU ARE IMPOSING ON SOME OF US NON-RELIGIONISTS BY RE-ASSERTING A CLAIM IN A BOOK THAT JESUS DIED TO SAVE HUMANITY, IF SO? WHY DOES THERE STILL EXISTS SHEER EVIL IN NIGERIA? I ASKED MY SO CALLED CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM FRIENDS THAT IF WE WERE TO BE APPLYING OUR DEITIES I.E. AMADIOHA, SANGO, OGUN, ETC AS A TOOL FOR OUR POLITICIANS, SINATORS AND LEGISLOOTERS TO SWEAR BEFORE TAKING UP THEIR GOVERNMENT POST IN, STATING THAT IF THEY'D BREAK THEIR MANIFESTOS AND PROMISES, LET OGUN DO SO AND SO, OR SHANGO DO SO AND SO THEM, THEY CAN'T ANSWER ME, SOME WOULD CHUCKLE AND NOD THAT IT WILL WORK. ISN'T THAT WHAT IS DONE IN CHINA AND JAPAN? THE ASIANS EMBRACED WESTERNISM BUT INTEGRATED WITH THE CUSTOM OF THEIR FATHERLAND. DON'T YOU THINK THERE'S GOING TO BE 25HOURS OF ELECTRICITY SUPPLY (NOT EVEN 24HRS) IF WE WERE TO BE USING OUR ANCESTRAL WAYS OF CHECK AND BALANCES? BUT INSTEAD WE DECEIVE OURSELVES WITH ALL SORT OF OYIBO RUBBISH THAT WORKS BEST FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY ORIGINATED IT. GLARING EMBEZZLEMENT AND CORRUPTION WILL NEVER CEASE IN NIGERIA BECAUSE THOSE CORRUPTS ELEMENTS THAT COMPRISE THE BULK OF THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT KNOWS THAT JESUS NOR MOHAMMED WILL AND CAN NEVER COME DOWN FROM WHEREVER THEY ARE TO STRIKE THEM DESPITE THAT THEIR NAMES IS USED AS A CONDITION TO FOR OFFICE SWEARING TO UPHOLD AND SEE TO THEIR OFFICE DUTIES. THAT'S WHY THE ROADS ARE BAD,EVERYTHING IN SHORT IS BAD. FRED NIETSCHE ONCE SAID SOMETHING LIKE: WITHOUT RELIGION, GOOD PEOPLE WILL DO GOOD THINGS, AND EVIL PEOPLE WILL DO EVIL THING, BUT WITH THE EXISTENCE OF RELGION, EVIL PEOPLE NOW HAVE GOOD REASONS TO DO EVIL THINGS. AND THAT HAS BEEN THE CASE IN THE WORLD.

You also said:
However, it is a choice and not to be forced down anybody's throat. If u wanna worship sango, by all means, go ahead. if u wanna worship amadiaoha, bye

bye.

INITIALLY IT WASN'T A CHOICE, GO READ BOOKS ABOUT THE INQUISITION PERIOD IN EUROPE AND THE WHAT THE CHRISTIAN CRUSADERS DID IN THE NAME OF GOD(YAWEH), THEN, A CRUSADER IS TO CHRISTIANITY AS A JIHADIST IS TO ISLAM NOW IN TERRORISM/EXTREMIST/FUNDAMENTALISM. MOST MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS LIKE YOU FORGOT YOU FALL UNDER NEGROID RACE AND EVERY RACE IN THE WORLD HAVE THEIR UNIQUE IDENTITY, I AS A SELF RE-ENLIGHTENED YORUBA WILL NEVER CONDEMN WHATEVER MY ANCESTOR DID IN THE NAME OF UPHOLDING THE BELIEF SYSTEM OF THE SEMITIC RACE I.E. THE JEWS AND ARABS. WHEN AN INDIAN PERSON COMES OUT, HINDUISM IS IDENTIFY WITH HIM/HER, BUDHISM AND SHINTOISM FOR THE JAPANESE AND CHINESE AND OTHER RACES OF THE WORLD EXCEPT FOR SOME CAUCASIANS, IF I MAKE A VEHICLE AND CALL IT SHANGOTA OR OGUNYAMA, YOU'D YELL "FETISH" OR "HEATHEN PRODUCT" BUT WILL HAPPILY THOUGH IGNORANTLY BUY TOYOTA AND FUJIYAMA DV TAPES (FUJI MOUNTAIN - ONE OF THREE HOLY JAPANESE MOUNTAINS WORSHIPED AS THE GODESS FUJISAN IN SHINTOISM). MUSLIMS IN OUR MOSQUES HERE IN NIGERIA USES AHUJA LOUD SPEAKERS WITHOUT REALIZING ITS CONNECTION WITH THE AVESTA DIVINITY AHURA MAZDA IN OLD IRANIAN RELIGION CALLED ZOROASTRIANISM UNDER THEOLOGY. PEOPLE WHO SAY AMEN DON'T KNOW THAT IT'S WAS DERIVED FROM AMENHOTEP

In-4MATIC:

Much has been said and am frankly torn between my current beliefs and objectivity.
I know for a fact that Christianity also has very bloody origins and most modern day Christians would feel repulsed if they should witness first hand the

kind of blood sacrifice and sprinkling done with the life blood of animals from doves to bullocks in mosaic days.
Is that different from traditional African practices? I think not.

CERTAIN RITUALS WAS CONDUCTED FOR JESUS CHRIST IN THE OLD TESTAMENT, THEY KILLED PIDGEONS AND OTHER STUFF WHEN HE WAS GIVEN BIRTH TO, THOUGH I DON'T ACCEPT THAT HE WAS IMMACULATELY CONCIEVED. JUST TRY AND READ BOOK SUCH AS THE GOD DELUSION AND WHY I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN, ETC

In-4MATIC:

Now that its all been thankfully revolutionized, it is also not a bad idea for 'trado-worship' to also undergo same.
Regarding  quotations from biblical sources, at times i wish our traditional histories and worship models were documented, for then we could compare quote

for quote but alas, our forefathers were not as[b] far thinking as the Egyptians of old[/b].

Thankful! So you mean we should be thankful for the gift that was sold to us as a tool to self-destroy our culture and various belief system? Who told you they weren't documented? Remember two things: 1. Africa went through four hundred years of devastation in the past perpetrated by Arabs and certain Europeans, four century is enough to bury the real truth, and 2. The victors re-writes history for later day people to accept as what happened in the past. The Yorubas are credited to have the highest IQ of all negroid race due to their high level of calculation in their numerology, if you couple that fact with the newly discovery of the insibid alaphabets of the Calabar people then definitely we, the Yorubas ought to have ours too but it's probably obscured and buried somewhere waiting to be excavated, perhaps old-folks who can elaborate about it have passed away in 1800s but thanks to the literary corpus called IFA which to me is our bible (so to say), most don't understand IFA at all and I deviate to that now but later on, I don't accept the belief that the whites opened our eyes by giving us clothes, mirrors, watches, etc because the Yoruba already had words for this things, so conclusively white men never gave the Yoruba the concept of asho(clothes), digi(mirror), ago(watch/clock), etc as a dubious history states. In my research, I have been able to connect how the ancient Greeks were inspired by Yoruba philosophy and sciences, it's quite complex to explain but I will try to simplify it later, but just note that the Greeks borrowed their believe system, philosophies and culture from somewhere, I have a theory that any particular way of thinking or way of doing things are always inspired from a source. Everything the ancient Greeks are credited for were derived/inspired from somewhere, Egypt ofcourse (They are few books on that particular topic but tend to be suppressed). Also I was able to connect how civilization began in Yoruba land and how todays science and tech is from what the Yoruba call IFA, IFA which isn't a religion nor an organised religion is even far beyond the current state of science and tech, which I can prove. Anyway what I am trying to say in a jiffy is that our fore-fathers before the events of four hundred years of Africa devastation were far far thinking than those egyptians of old who emerged after them. There's a lot of inconsistency, confusion and contradictions in the bible which I think should be called The Holy Confusion.  How can a BLACK AFRICAN believe that their primogeniture is Adam and Eve when scientifically it's impossible for a caucasian to give birth to a black, infact it's sometimes the other way round, (Albinism, Mulato, etc).

In-4MATIC:

My question is this? Is our society today- with all the killings,  Desecrates corruption AND churches- a better society than the one where people didn't have

to lock their doors cos no one in his right mind will attempt the types of crime we live with today?

I don't get your question, try putting it in another sentence.

Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2012
blackcat1:

Please see the book of Deuteronomy chapters 27 and 28 start from verse 15 of chapter 27 and read the whole 2 chapters.

I have however pasted some verses from chapter 28 that really caught my attention.

49 The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:

64 And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind: (Blacks suffer in the hands of whites and other nations all over the world)

68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you. (The era of slave trade)

Please read the book of Deuteronomy chapters 27 and 28 it will open your eyes. Also pass it on to any Black man, woman or child. We need to know the truth and why we have the problems we have.

We need to rediscover our true black God. Only then can we find peace and progress.

there is no such thing as black God. YOU LIE. I am NOT black. i am just dark brown. angry
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
very good post brother Ghost of Sparta.

however i would like to enlighten you on one issue.

The Ancient Greek and Roman religions were never derived from Ifa-Orisha. Infact all Pagan religions probably came around the same time when man came/evolved into his current form. this in itself is a miracle, the fact that so many different tribes and people could have the same/similar concept of the supenatural. this further proves that the Pagan religions are the true religions and also the fact that all Pagan religion ahve no man-founder like man-made religions of islam,christianity and later-monotheistic judaism.
remember at one point, the whole world was Pagan. Paganism was being human itself.

Olodumare = Zeus = Brahma = Mwari = Odin = Chukwu = Saarki Aljin = etc., (Creator God/Creator Force)

Mithras = Sango = Mars = Chi You = Woden = Sumulayo = etc, (God of War/ Destructive Force)

, , , , . , etc.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by blackcat1: 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2012
PAGAN  9JA:

there is no such thing as black God. YOU LIE. I am NOT black. i am just dark brown. angry

@ pagan, by black God I meant our ancestral God or gods as some would say. Would it help if I had said dark brown God?
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by ghostofsparta(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2012
blackcat1:

@ pagan, by black God I meant our ancestral God or gods as some would say. Would it help if I had said dark brown God?

You would still be wrong if you had said dark brown God, because no one knows the complexion of deities or God(Yaweh) if you prefer, Only the members of the two most organised religions i.e. christians and muslim believes their God(Yaweh) has pe.nis since the their Holy Books, sorry Holy Confusion states so, as written by the so called inspired writers as if they saw it and actually spoke to him. Their religion is sexist. Ours is not even a religion to start with, Oshun, Yemoja, Oya, Orsha Ibeji and other female divinities of the Yoruba pantheon are representation of a personified understanding of certain supernatural sciences given through IFA for the comprehension, application and usage of those individuals who aura are in line or attributed to that particular divinity,  For instance, with the aid of IFA our pre-ancient Yourba ancestors mastered the atmosphere so they understand why Ogun and Shango is a personification of anything that has to do with justice or retribution and with the aid certain esoteric knowledge from IFA they knew what and what to do to induce rainfall or stop rain, or invoke thunders in a particular situation to solve certain issue. And ofcourse I don't agree that our divinities aka deities aka IRUNMOLE aka ORISHAS are idols. That's totally ridiculous. Any one who disagree should tell me why they must be regarded as idols and I will prove it outrightly.
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by ghostofsparta(m): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2012
PAGAN 9JA, I KIND OF I DISAGREE WITH YOUR THEORY BECAUSE I HAVE A REASON TO THINK all Pagan religions NEVER came around the same time when man came/evolved into his current form., IT WILL BE TOO HARD AND VOLUMINOUS TO START EXPLAINING MY THEORY HERE, BUT SINCE I SUPPOSE YOU HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF WHAT IFA IS, WHY DON'T YOU SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH YOUR NUMBER TO ghostsofsparta@live.com, I WANT TO EXPLAIN THE ASPECT THAT ALL OF THEM PLAGIARIZED IT FROM THE ANCIENT YORUBA PEOPLE BEFORE IT WAS TRANSPOSED TO THE NAMES WE NOW READ IN BOOKS HISTORY RECORDED TODAY, WHAT I AM POINTING AT TOOK A LONG PERIOD OF TIME, IT WASN'T A DIRECT THING AS YOU THOUGHT I MEAN. IF YOU AGREE ON MY THEORY THEN I WILL TRY TO SUMMARIZE IT HERE FOR OTHERS TO READ.

PAGAN  9JA:

there is no such thing as black God. YOU LIE. I am NOT black. i am just dark brown. angryA

PERFECT.

PAGAN 9JA HAVE YOU COME ACROSS THE AFROCENTRIC BIBLE BEFORE WHERE IN ITS PREFACE AND INTRODUCTORY PAGES THE AUTHOR
EXPLAINED AND ANALYSED THAT EVERY THING IN THE BIBLE ACTUALLY TRANSPIRED IN ANCIENT AFRICA AND THAT THE EUROPEANS COLLUDED WITH THE CERTAIN JEWS TO CHANGE THE WHOLE THING TO FIT THEIR CURRENT BIBLE. I THINK IT WAS WRITTEN BY AN AFRICAN AMERICAN WHO I THINK NEVER KNEW ABOUT CERTAIN INFORMATION (ORIGIN OF CHRISTIANITY) THAT SHOULD HAVE DEFEATED HIS THEORIES, TALKING ABOUT BLACK JESUS AND BLACK MADONA, BLACK MOSES AND SO ON AND SO FORTH IS ALL B.S. TO ME
Re: Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2012
SNCOQ SAID

Christianity does not have a problem with protecting artifacts as work of art and culture in museums. What it is against is using this objects as point of contact to demons a.k.a "ancestral spirits"

Only a colonised BAST.ARD with a dead brain will dare describe the ancestral sprits as 'demons'. If that is the rubbish they teach you in your churches, I say BURN DOWN THE CHURCHES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Power Of Curses And Blessing / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer / Warning! The Trumpet Is Fixing To Sound. JESUS Is Coming!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.