Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,628 members, 7,955,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers (4288 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) / Advice : My Elder Brothers' Wife Quarrels Me Unneccesarily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by silvaspecs: 5:04pm On Feb 08, 2012
I
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by xynerise: 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2012
And when they get to 50yrs unmarried u will wait? Well, u can get permission from them or if u have d money put them in a business.
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by iice(f): 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2012
How is the relationship with your siblings?
Have you talked to them about your intentions?
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2012
OP go ahead and follow your  mind for the fact that your brothers are not married does not mean you cannot decide for your self what you need.
let me ask you this question if this girl in question gets pregnant for you along the way will you tell her to abort it because you cannot stand out to be your self among your brothers? Go ahead Man  
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2012
Is this what over-respect does or you're just being considerate because he broke up with his fiancee?
This is what happens when siblings don't have that sense of camaraderie, all because you've been instilled to over-respect your seniors.
You have your own life to live.
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by mission08: 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2012
What e your elder brothers unmarried status got to do with you? What if they decide not to marry in the next 10 yrs are u ready to wait? See, my younger sister married before all her elder sisters(including me), infact her 5year old daughter was my little bride. Though she settled down quite early,our prayer was that she shouldnt make a mistake cos and thank God today. Even my hubby's younger brother got married b4 him - so what's d big deal?Therefore, once you know what u r doing, I dont see why u should disturb yourself unnecessrily. Go ahead and get married. (Anyway, that u stay alone doesnt give u d go ahead to chase other ladies. What if u eventually get marrried and u or ur wife gets a transfer and u couldnt help living alone for a while - will u go skirt hunting? )
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by agiboma(f): 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2012
go ahead and get married and let your older brothers sort themselves out when they can, you should not put your life on hold for them.
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by chukxy: 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2012
I would I advise you to discuss your worries with your elder brothers; from their responses, you would be better informed of what to do next.
Mind you, you got your life to live !
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by drnoel: 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2012
best u do what is best 4 u and not ur brothers
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by victorian(f): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ poster, everyone even family blood relatives all have different destinies of when to get married, when to step up the ladder of career or buisness. You cannot tell, maybe this is your time for you to be peacefully married to your own God given wife. Its not common, getting a woman to love , accept and marry you, when she doesnt care if u have money to sustain the family or not. Other people have missed their chances to be happily married to whom they love due to situations that could be avoided through wise thoughts.
So, your elder brothers each one, have different dates they are meant to get married. Sit them down, talk with them and make them understand what you truly desire. They should listen and understand. Even twins have different destinies to arrive at a certain settlement in their life.
Its your life, Its your choice. We choose our joy or our sorrows, especially in the area of marrying the right person.
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by simpleseyi: 6:37am On Feb 15, 2012
I don't know where this idea of elder getting married before younger came from, but my younger brother who is about 6 years younger than I am and my younger sister who is 9 years younger than I am both got married before me. So, what culture or tradition says that your elder brother or sister should be married before you?

Well, you have a choice, you can give your two elder brothers your wife to share so that the two of them can marry her, also give them your apartment and move back to your parents house. I think everyone will be happy with that.
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by tpia1: 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
silvaspecs: Hey N/Ls I really think I am in a tight condition here.I am in my late twenties (28) precisely, the third born and third son of my home; graduated like 3 yrs ago and I have a manageable job doing right now. I hv two elderly ones in their early and mid thirties. I actually came across a responsible lady-graduate I've bin datin for a while now and she's ready to settle wif me *wether na one naira* but following traditional Bureaucracy, considering that my direct elder one has such ontensions but right now does not have a job as well as a personal apartment to himself, and just broke up with his Fiancee, I feel I might sound like someone who's interested in taking someone else's birthright, I am confused. Cos I stay alone and don't wanna chase other girls cos my woman stays in another state as I stay in Abj. Please and please NL help wif ur kind and. Reasonable suggestions. Thanks a lot,

is the lady getting younger?
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by Obelomo: 2:40am On Nov 08, 2012
U betta get married! God forbid if u elders want marry at 60 nko? U do not want to lose the love of ur life, because of ur elder brothers. U might not find another wife material.
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 08, 2012
Hi, I understand your dilemma. But know this that nobody can determine your journey in life. Your brothers have chosen their destinies while yours is different from theirs. So, why didn't you wait for your brothers to get job first before you getting one? Move ahead with the plan and go on with the marriage. Such is life.
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by jejelayi: 7:32am On Nov 08, 2012
And how does their life affect yours
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by tpia1: 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
so many excuses all over the place. . . .
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
silvaspecs: Hey N/Ls I really think I am in a tight condition here.I am in my late twenties (28) precisely, the third born and third son of my home; graduated like 3 yrs ago and I have a manageable job doing right now. I hv two elderly ones in their early and mid thirties. I actually came across a responsible lady-graduate I've bin datin for a while now and she's ready to settle wif me *wether na one naira* but following traditional Bureaucracy, considering that my direct elder one has such ontensions but right now does not have a job as well as a personal apartment to himself, and just broke up with his Fiancee, I feel I might sound like someone who's interested in taking someone else's birthright, I am confused. Cos I stay alone and don't wanna chase other girls cos my woman stays in another state as I stay in Abj. Please and please NL help wif ur kind and. Reasonable suggestions. Thanks a lot,

Please stop coming in here to post your nonsense so you can get pity from equally inane individuals. What in the world has your ability to get married as a person to do with your brothers? Are you sure you have all your nuts screwed on correctly?

Jeezzz . . . which kind pikin(s) these women still dey born even in this new century we dey self? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by ebpius1(m): 3:43am On Jun 24, 2013
personally see nothing wrong in a man of above 25 marrying before his elder brother, in some cases d younger man marrying first might give opportunities for d elder one. But this suld b done with respect and consent from d elder brother. Don't allow ur wife disrespect ur elder brother too.
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by Nobody: 5:45am On Jun 24, 2013
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by cally360(f): 6:24am On Jun 24, 2013
my brother,u better settle down....o
Re: I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers by tpia5: 11:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
*sigh*

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Ugliest Man In Uganda , As He Welcomes His Eighth Baby / How Do I Tell Him That The Woman He Married Is A Marine Spirit? / His Parents Doesn't Know He Has A Year Old Son.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.