Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas (2202 Views)

Commotion At MMIA 2day As Policeman Harasses A Lady Wit Gun,Seize Her Phone(Pics / Things A Typical Yoruba When Say When Igbo Attack And Do Not Attack Hausas. / Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by bashr8: 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2012
Home » News & Reports » News

Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver in Onitsha…Hoodlums Attack Hausas
Posted: February 9, 2012 - 15:14

Bus driver killed by police
From Okodili Ndidi, Onitsha
The fragile peace in the commercial city of Onitsha was yesterday disrupted as residents took to the streets in protest of the killing of a bus driver suspected to be a member of the Movement of the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) by policemen in one of the illegal checkpoints.

According to an eyewitness account, the incident occurred when driver of a coaster bus with registration number AA 768AHD, simply identified as Edwin, escaped a checkpoint by ABS junction, and was pursued by one of the policemen who caught up with him and deflated his tires and subsequently shot him on the neck, killing him instantly.

The conductor of the bus, Samuel Ekwueme, who was weeping profusely, said that the driver, gave the policemen N20 which they refused and insisted that he should give them N50, “my oga said that he had paid in the previous trip and drove off but we did not know that one of them was following us on a motorbike and he intercepted us and shot my oga on the neck and quickly escaped”.

It was gathered that another passenger in the bus sustained bullet wounds when the trigger happy cop opened fire on the bus before he escaped.

The situation however took a dangerous turn when the angry mob comprising of drivers and okada riders, went on a rampage with the corpse of the driver , attacking Hausas and looting their shops in possible reprisal.

The bus was said to be fully loaded with passengers who took off from Nkpor junction and was heading to the Ose Main market, Onitsha when the incident happened as the passengers scampered for safety.

One of the passengers who gave her name as Ifeoma Obi told The Nation that the deceased did not do anything that warranted his murder, adding “its was just pure wickedness on the side of the policeman who because of just N20 wasted this young man’s life”

She also said that when the policeman first shot at the tires of the vehicle, the deceased who was the driver could not move again, a situation she said helped the killer cop to shoot at the deceased from closed range, shattering the glass of the vehicle.

However, the situation took an ethnic coloration as drivers and other hoodlums in the commercial city went on rampage demanding the elimination of Hausa people on the ground that the policeman who shot the deceased was a Hausa man.

The situation also escalated when the angry mob descended on the police team earlier sent by the Anambra state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim to reach and appeal to the rampaging crowd which led to the policemen retreating to avoid further casualties.

It was gathered that the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Central Police Station, Mr. Abdul Yusuf escaped death by the whiskers when the angry mob descended on him when he led his men to the scene of the incident.

The angry mob also went on the rampage in different parts of the commercial city hunting for Hausa people who led to many of them taking refuge at the Central Police Station, CPS and other police stations within the city, with many others around the Bridgehead crossing over to Asaba, the Delta state capital.

Reacting to the Development, the new Igbo leader, Chief Ralph Uwazurike advised the members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB not to touch any Hausa people buts should dismantle every police check points within the area with immediate effect.

According to Chief Uwazurike who spoke through his second in command, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, the dismantling of all police check point became necessary at a time when the safety of Ndigbo is no longer safe even in their land.

“ For a Hausa policeman to kill an Igbo driver here because of mere N20 shows that the policeman is a Boko Haram member but we have urged MASSOB members to leave Hausa people alone because they are not our problem, they should concentrate on dismantling all police check points within the area” he said.

Meanwhile when contacted, the Anambra state Police Commissioner, Mr. Muhtari Ibrahim said the killer cop had been arrested and will soon undergo orderly room trial and prosecution and called on the rampaging crowd to calm down as efforts to resolve the matter had commenced.

sahara reporters
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by aljharem(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2012
Them no born them well. shegiya mutane
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by seenoevil1: 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2012
alj harem:

which "them" exactly ? the people angry at the policeman for killing an innocent man or the police men ? which them exactly ?
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by aljharem(m): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2012
see*noevil:

which "them" exactly ? the people angry at the policeman for killing an innocent man or the police men ? which them exactly ?

how does anger at the police relate to anger at hausas ? or do you not know of the ethnic dimension it took undecided

However, the situation took an ethnic coloration as drivers and other hoodlums in the commercial city went on rampage demanding the elimination of Hausa people on the ground that the policeman who shot the deceased was a Hausa man.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by bashr8: 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2012
alj harem:

how does anger at the police relate to anger at hausas ? or do you not know of the ethnic dimension it took undecided

what are the so called hausas still doing in onitsha , i though they all left in ther trailers, whatever happens to them that is their own cup of tea.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by chosen04(f): 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
alj harem:

how does anger at the police relate to anger at hausas ? or do you not know of the ethnic dimension it took  undecided

Ewu awusa
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by aljharem(m): 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
bashr8:

what are the so called hausas still doing in onitsha , i though they all left in ther trailers, whatever happens to them that is their own cup of tea.

can they do the same to Igbos in the north and we would say it is their cup of tea as well ?

double standards isn't it ?
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by aljharem(m): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2012
chosen04:

Ewu awusa

Nkita ara, see who is calling me ewu ?

you would be the first to call hausa barbaric

and yorubas cowards, but you never tell yourself the truth angry angry
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by bashr8: 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2012
alj harem:

can they do the same to Igbos in the north and we would say it is their cup of tea as well ?

double standards isn't it ?
and have they not been doing that, wicked people
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by seenoevil1: 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2012
@ alj harem so this is unacceptable but you find it funny that some people ran into Cameroon for safety right ?
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by aljharem(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
bashr8:

and have they not been doing that, wicked people

and so is it not better to even kill the police man rather than the whole hausa people ?

if it was boko haram now, I would understand the anger and fear but just a police man to a driver , I think it is a bit far fetch

Bashr, I want to remind you that Igbo and yoruba offiers to do the same and it does not take an ethnic dimension.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by solihu(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
So sad the killer cop wasn't apprehended at the scene. A perfect replica of "Ayete treatment" should have been administered on that dan akwuya. Uwazuruike's admonishion to the rampaging youth is commendable. In fact, every 20/50 naira road blocks should dismantled and the cops be stripped!
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by aljharem(m): 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
see*noevil:

@ alj harem so this is unacceptable but you find it funny that some people ran into Cameroon for safety right ?

I laughied at Bluetooths comment because you NL Igbos don't control other Igbo tribalist. It seems like you support them in every ethnic slur they make but when the yorubas or hausa do the same, you are quick to point it out.

Again double standards
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by hasyak(m): 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
what happens if an armed robber/prostitute/fraudster kills someone? then it is right to go after his brothers or am i missing something?
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by bashr8: 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
alj harem:

I laughied at Bluetooths comment because you NL Igbos don't control other Igbo tribalist. It seems like you support them in every ethnic slur they make but when the yorubas or hausa do the same, you are quick to point it out.

Again double standards

you yorubas are ready to ridicule your people as long as an igbo man will be ridiculed to, you didnt see the hausa man that also fled but u assumed from no where that those that fled to cameroun are igbos, i dont get your reasoning at all, anyway since they have been killing you in yorubaland i guess your used to it , fro osman dan fodio jihad right till fulani attacks today its no longer a big deal for you.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by bashr8: 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
alj harem:

and so is it not better to even kill the police man rather than the whole hausa people ?

if it was boko haram now, I would understand the anger and fear but just a police man to a driver , I think it is a bit far fetch

Bashr, I want to remind you that Igbo and yoruba offiers to do the same and it does not take an ethnic dimension.

are you insane , with all the killings going on in the north what do you expect when people hear and hausa man killed and igbo man in onitsha ? you think they will give a bleep if he is a police officer, i dont blame you edos have already done their own share of killing hausas you didnt talk , other niger deltans chased them out and bombed their mosque you didnt talk now you want to make a case out of this one, you lucky igbos are not that wicked if not there will be no hausa fulanis in the east even police and army.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by namfav(m): 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
for once uwazurike says something sensible even though accusing the policeman of being boko haram is rubbish, tomorrow if a northerner kills a ibo what happens, people will brand him boko haram, this culture has to change
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by aljharem(m): 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
bashr8:

you yorubas are ready to ridicule your people as long as an igbo man will be ridiculed to, you didnt see the hausa man that also fled but u assumed from no where that those that fled to cameroun are igbos, i dont get your reasoning at all, anyway since they have been killing you in yorubaland i guess your used to it , fro osman dan fodio jihad right till fulani attacks today its no longer a big deal for you.

you talk of ridicule ?

What is worse way of ridiculing someone/ yorubas by throwing pure water to OBJ's car in Onistha or so ?

What is way can you bring yoruba low by inciting lies that Awolowo died in by rat poison by a biafran website ?

You keep calling them cowards yet they remain calm

you call them fetish yet they have never disturbed you

etc

So if you talk of ridicule, Yorubas have a very good share of it from both fulanis and Igbos (especially the igbos).

But this yoruba people are carefree and rather have fun with all the name calling then start a riot or fight.

To me that has earn my respect. A group that rather sort for peace and harmony rather than go on a killing spree for something trival.

Of course I have said it many times on the forum, they are mouthy and would not like to be ridiculed

thus you have tribal ranting on NL.

Behave yourselves, stop attempt to stop some Igbo tribalist then Leave the yorubas to me to handle but it seems you love it when Igbos insult the yorubas don't you all. My hands are tied ; I can only do so much
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by namfav(m): 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2012
it just shows how stoopid the massob members are, they should know by know police are hated all across nigeria, hatred for police has no ethnic turn
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by bashr8: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2012
namfav:

it just shows how stoopid the massob members are, they should know by know police are hated all across nigeria, hatred for police has no ethnic turn

my friend shut up, your calling massob stupid even when they tried to calm the situation down , well i wish they had encouraged the killing since you have already cconsidered them stupid.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by Chyz2: 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
I'm glad of the reaction from Ndi Igbo. If they can't respect us in our land, let them commot.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by seenoevil1: 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2012
alj harem:

you talk of ridicule ?

What is worse way of ridiculing someone/ yorubas by throwing pure water to OBJ's car in Onistha or so ?

What is way can you bring yoruba low by inciting lies that Awolowo died in by rat poison by a biafran website ?

You keep calling them cowards yet they remain calm

you call them fetish yet they have never disturbed you

etc

So if you talk of ridicule, Yorubas have a very good share of it from both fulanis and Igbos (especially the igbos).

But this yoruba people are carefree and rather have fun with all the name calling then start a riot or fight.

To me that has earn my respect. A group that rather sort for peace and harmony rather than go on a killing spree for something trival.

Of course I have said it many times on the forum, they are mouthy and would not like to be ridiculed

thus you have tribal ranting on NL.

Behave yourselves, stop attempt to stop some Igbo tribalist then Leave the yorubas to me to handle but it seems you love it when Igbos insult the yorubas don't you all. My hands are tied ; I can only do so much

I SWEAR TO GOD A YORUBA WHO I KNOW TOLD ME THAT AWOLOWO COMMITTED SUICIDE . I GUESS THE YORUBA GUY HATES HIS OWN PEOPLE OR IS TRIBALISTIC TOWARDS HIS OWN PEOPLE RIGHT ?
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by aljharem(m): 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2012
see*noevil:

I SWEAR TO GOD A YORUBA WHO I KNOW TOLD ME THAT AWOLOWO COMMITTED SUICIDE . I GUESS THE YORUBA GUY HATES HIS OWN PEOPLE OR IS TRIBALISTIC TOWARDS HIS OWN PEOPLE RIGHT ?

You don't need to swear because it is a lie propagated by Biafrans aka Igbos

I have chosen to be quite on this issue because I don't hate Igbos and if they decide to respect a man like Ojukwu then I have no choice but to respect them and their feelings.

Now I don't care you do not respect yorubas or anyone it is entirly up to you people. But please work with me by stopping Igbos tribalist on NL and I would do the same.

Thanks
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by DRANOEL(m): 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
a police man shoots a driver and a whole ethnic group is blamed?
wouldn't it have been better blaming the police? or are the advanced igbos (so they claim) now telling us that when a crime is committed the guilty party's ethnic group should be held responsible? in my opinion those that went about lynching innocent people simply because they belong to the ethnic group of the killer cop are worst than boko haram
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by 9javoice1(m): 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2012
Everyone here should stop replying aljharams comments. how he trys hard to bring in the yorubas in the picture.
is the policeman yoruba? "no" is the victim yoruba "no". so what is the mission of this guy on nl? let me say it again he is paid
agent by the same boko haram sponsors, hausa/fulani elites.

but he is not smart afterall bcus his actions are predictable. b4 he speaks we already know where he will stand.
with this words below i'm convinced much more that average hausa/fulani is a murderer of have murder tendency.

@alj harem:
what gives u ahj harem this impetus is just bcus your bros are all over nigeria security systems right. you are strong hearted bcus
you are sure your bros are grade one killers right. that is why you say they no born them well, bcus you know what you can do afterall.

the arrogance i see in you is the same arrogance that made the policeman shoot the innocent driver and the same arrogance that made your bros
to go on killing rampage against innocent igbo traders. but do you know wat? those that kill by sword will die by it. a prophecy by JESUS CHRIST.

do you think we dont know that fulani indegines are also killing igbos in their midst and hide the news,sometime when the news breaksout they will
hide the name of the killer to avoid further trouble. we know so much that you never blv. just pray that your people will not be disadvantaged when war
eventually come. i already for-see it coming.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by 9javoice1(m): 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
@dranoel:
a police man shoots a driver and a whole ethnic group is blamed?

Do you now see why we dont want there be fuel protest in the east. people are angry many lost their bros/sis/fathers/mothers/uncles etc up north.

do you know why igbos are angry over the hausa/fulani/kanuri. let me tell you , in the midst of their bros killing our innocent bros/sis elrufai,sanusi,balarabe
went on air in defence of the boko boys. bornu state governor went ahead and compesate their people affected by boko acts while refuse to compasate
the igbo victim family to make it worst he gave boko boys a reward by given them some millions of naira.

dranoel do now see why we blv they are all the same people in different forms but with the same course.
i say all this in-case you are neutral but if you are one of them think twice.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by DRANOEL(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
@9javoice
. . . . . . .so next time an igbo thief is caught in osun the people should know what to do. . .brand all igbos thieves.

. . . . . . .next time an igbo rapist is caught in lokoja . . .we brand all igbos rapist.

. . . . . . .next time an igbo drug peddler is caught in lagos . . . .we brand all igbos drug peddlers
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by Crayola1: 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
DRANOEL:

@9javoice
. . . . . . .so next time an igbo thief is caught in osun the people should know what to do. . .brand all igbos thieves.

. . . . . . .next time an igbo despoiler is caught in lokoja . . .we brand all igbos despoiler.

. . . . . . .next time an igbo drug peddler is caught in lagos . . . .we brand all igbos drug peddlers

Well people have been doing it before This Nigeria unfortunately undecided

But is it not the same thing in the North where one Christian across the Atlantic commits an act and Northern Muslims start killing Christians in the North?

Let's call a spade a spade, if you are crying foul now cry foul all the time and not when it suits your aims at the moment.
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by ochukoccna: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by MeAboki(m): 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2012
SO CALLED PEACEFUL CIVILIZED IGBO PEOPLE INDEED

Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by bashr8: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
that picture u posted is from post election riots in the north and not onitsha
Re: Tension As Policeman Shoots Driver In Onitsha…hoodlums Attack Hausas by BlackPikiN(m): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
Me_Aboki:

SO CALLED PEACEFUL CIVILIZED IGBO PEOPLE INDEED

Hahaha, you dey post pictures of Aboki riot for north!
Thunder fire your hand!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Read What Senator Ngige Thinks About Apga(the Igbo Party) / Today In History: 9th Jan 1970 Col Ojukwu Escaped From Nigeria / Dubai Officials Deny Entry To World's Most Pierced Man (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.