Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone (7853 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District / Group Asks INEC, Army For Information On Buhari's Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by mukina2: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
Professor Dora Akunyili of APGA has testified at the Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Awka in her petition challenging the victory of Dr Chris Ngige of ACN in the poll conducted for Anambra Central Senatorial zone.

During the cross-examination conducted on Wednesday by both Counsel to Ngige, Mr. Emeka Ngige (SAN) and INEC Mr. Osita Nnadi (SAN), Akunyili maintained that she won the simple majority of lawful votes cast at the 2011 April poll.

Akunyili said that her first prayer in her petition was for the tribunal to outrightly declare her winner and in the alternative, nullify the election in some areas and call for re-run

“I want the tribunal to declare me winner because I won by simple majority and to nullify the areas where there were over- voting.

“I care only for the right thing to be done,” she said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Akunyili on Tuesday tendered more than 1,450 various forms of result sheets as exhibits.

She maintained that she wrote many petitions to INEC during the conduct of the said election complaining of electoral malpractice including non-conclusion of the election in some areas.

According to her, ACN agents in collaboration with some security officials accredited some voters with the aim of disenfranchising some others.

Akunyili, a former Information and Communications Minister, noted that she could not tell if there were errors made by INEC officials as it was not her duty to detect them.

According to her, “I want the court to give me back the ACN votes which they did not earn as well as the over-voting recorded, that is why I came to court.”

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/09/akunyili-asks-inec-to-declare-her-winner/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by Afam4eva(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
This one na by force declaration.

One thing i like about Anambra is that no efulefu can just go there and win an election against someone who lives in Anambra. With all Soludo's hype throughout Nigeria, he came a distant third in that election.
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by oba009(m): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
see her mouth thinking say from DG to Minister is easy to from Minister to Senator. Na so easy
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by executinal(m): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
Anty Dora, rest abeg, next time you go win
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by Arosa(m): 5:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
I have instructed the Election Petitions Tribunal to declare Madam Dora Akunyili as winner. So no shaking. cool
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by chosen04(f): 5:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
. . . . . . . . .

So the cheap hero wannabe is still talking?
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by botson(m): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
abeg make dis woman go siddon jor,  who she be sef
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by Ndata(m): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
And what has Ngige been doing in that senate since he went there.He was the one that boasted that he will sponsor a bill that will shake the whole country when he gets to Abuja.We are yet to hear of the bill.
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by begwong: 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
Madam Dora,is becoming a senator now a do or die affair? Why not RE-BRAND & RE-STRATEGISE for 2015? Pls open the noble book of REBRANDING chapter7 Vs7
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by babaowo: 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
nah by force?
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by splashbaby(m): 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2012
What is Dora still fighting for? All these wicked Ibo woman dem
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by basadenet: 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
No matter what manners or strategies Prof. Dora Akinyuli chooses to adopt to claim or overturn her election, she will never succeed. Dr. Chris Ngige remains the bonafide owner of that mandate. so my advice to Prof, is to work towards next election may be she might got it right then, but for now, she is a damn looser. A traitor.
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by onyengbu: 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
If only madam will just rest for sometime since Ngige will soon be going for the governorship seat in 2014 or for VP in 2015. She will win as long as she dissociate herself from Peter Obi.

She is a good candidate any day in anambra but not when she contests against Ngige.
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by chines4(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
The main issue is, Is she telling the truth?
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by favcom(m): 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dora Akunyili. Never knew she can be this desperate shocked
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by bigdoo: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
I think that this woman is running out of money and ideas. She left her ministerial appointment, which was handed out to her on a platter of gold and went to contest for election as a senator in her state thinking that she had a great chance of success? She is now facing up with the realities of her popularity as well as her ignorance of the game of Nigerian politics.
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by Sobo4u: 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2012
Prof Dora might be right in her mind but the people has spoken may she should try next time
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by ceejayluv(m): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2012
She should focus on 2014 gubernatorial polls,
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by kizito96(m): 7:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
This woman should go and take her place in the home. She has been in the lime light for so long i wonder what her problem is.
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by kizito96(m): 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2012
This woman should go and take care of her home, She has done her bit and let her leave the stage, She should leave the stage for others.
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by Olalekan0(m): 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
We gotta be honest with ourselves. The result of that election between Ngige and Akunyili was too close for anyone to expect the later to give up without a fight. Besides who between the duo has a reputation for rigging? Is it not the same Ngige that was sacked by the court? Why have you all forgotten so soon?
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by Olalekan0(m): 7:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
We gotta be sincere with ourselves,the result of that election between Ngige and Dora was too close for anyone to expect the latter to give up without a fight considering the former's reputation as a renowned election rigger. Or whom between the duo has a reputation for rigging? Was it not the same Ngige that was sacked by the courts?
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by Ngwakwe: 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
When I said that Nairaland has lost its prestige and can no longer be quoted as "cumulative opinions of intelligent Nigerians", but has become a gossip column.

I expected us to look into the merits and demerits of her plea and the legal precedence that may be set if her prayers are granted.

If Mrs Dora Akunyili was in ACN and Dr Ngige was in PDP, all the above comments would have been in her favour. What a shame
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by Olalekan0(m): 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
No sane man would loose an election by 150 votes against a renowned election rigger in the mould of Ngige and not contest the result!
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by stagger: 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2012
This woman should just take the last bit of dignity she has (if she still has any) and go back to her true constituency, the university.

She is beginning to insult herself and her NAFDAC record.
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by fbude: 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
Islam is one of the worlds major problem
its a satanic religion.A religion that kills
women and children and calls it jihad.
A religion that has left a trail of bloodshed
and sorrow accros worlds history.
Watch these links to understand Bokoharam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoT8jruvj3s&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2fqe4oWsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zrzbdPKnhk&feature=related
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by deandavid(m): 7:37pm On Feb 09, 2012
olalekan abeg help me tell them o, but y is it that the igbos dnt like this wman? Is it because she preventd her people 4rm floodin nigeria with fake drugs nd food, durin her time at nafdac?To me i think she ll make a better senator or even gov. Prof. Dnt give up, i knw u 2 always do d rite tin, keep it up ma. She always try to impact positively in any capacity she's serving. Madam dora d lord is ur strength. Wen d goin gets toff, d toff gets goin, madam b strong nd take ur mandate by force nd do d rite tin 4 ur pple. I wish we had such wmen in delta state.
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by chosen04(f): 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
Olalekan 0:

No sane man would loose an election by 150 votes against a renowned election rigger in the mould of Ngige and not contest the result!

She lost and will continue to lose as far as she is contesting against ONWA NGIGE
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by Novice1(m): 7:41pm On Feb 09, 2012
This woman has completelty rubbished herself.

From a superhero anti-fake drugs darling  to a political underdog trying to reap where she did not sow.

Anty dora, go back home, take car eof your husband and children, and maybe establish a corner store chemist to keep busy cool
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by IYANGBALI: 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
how the fok did this story make the front page?what is so special about it or is it because it was posted by a moderator?honestly NAIRALAND IS BEGINNING TO BORE ME hisses and walks aways
Re: Dora Akunyili Asks Inec To Declare Her Winner In Anambra Central Sen. Zone by PointB: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
Madam Dora should pursue this matter to the logical end. If Ngige won and declared winner by the court, so be it.

I believe Dora case has merit. Let's not cast unnecessary aspersion at her person. Let just be served.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hon. Abdullateef, Lagos Ex-lawmaker Marries Two Friends As 3rd And 4tl / List of State that has produce Nigeria No.1 (Head of state, President) / Aisha Buhari Travelling To US With Diplomatic Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.