Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here - Islam for Muslims (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here (108880 Views)

A Brother Just Join The Nairaland Muslim Family / Jazakallah Khairan To The Nairaland Muslim Community / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 4:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
La hawla walakuwata ila bilah

Guys, why are you inundating a new revert with all sorts of nonsense?. Can't you just tell him basics of islam which no muslims differ, which are:

Shahadatain (to testify to Oneness of Allah and Muhammad is His messanger)

To pray mandatory 5 daily salat

To fast in the Holy month of Ramadan

To pay zakat

To make Haj

In addition to that,

To believe in All prophets and messangers

To believe in All Divine revealed Books

To believe in Angels,

To believe in Qadar (destiny).

This is islam. Whoever believes and practices these is a muslim. FULL STOP

Why are you overwhelming a new revert with this sectarian rubbish?. Is this "islam" you claim to offer the world?.

Jahsam, everything i mentioned above is what is required of you basically. You are under no obligation to join any sect or specific methodology. As you grow knowledge, you begin to see more. Seek this basic knowledge first.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
Empiree:
La hawla walakuwata ila bilah

Guys, why are you inundating a new revert with all sorts of nonsense?. Can't you just tell him basics of islam which no muslims differ, which are:

Shahadatain (to testify to Oneness of Allah and Muhammad is His messanger)

To pray mandatory 5 daily salat

To fast in the Holy month of Ramadan

To pay zakat

To make Haj

In addition to that,

To believe in All prophets and messangers

To believe in All Divine revealed Books

To believe in Angels,

To believe in Qadar (destiny).

This is isam. Whoever believes and practices these is a muslim. FULL STOP

Why are you overwhelming a new revert with this sectarian rubbish?. Is this "islam" you claim to offer the world?.

Jahsam, everything i mentioned above is what is required of you basically. You are under no obligation to join any sect or specific methodology. As you grow knowledge, you begin to see more. Seek this basic knowledge first.

Thank you so much for this. This is closer to my initial understanding but I must admit subsequently becoming unsure of whether this sect or that sect has the right handle on things.

Prayer and reading the Qur'an helps to keep me objective and bring me closer to what is the core message of Islam, minus what is arguably window dressing. That is where I found peace but as the book says, we're ordained for fighting whether we like it or not; the struggle then must be in remaining steadfast to these principles you've highlighted. It's been an interesting journey so far.

Thanks again.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by sweetmaami(f): 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
salam alaykum

i am new here

my name is Hadiza

i am single

from Kogi State

grew up in warri

based in Lagos for now

looking forward to improving my Iman

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by iamgenius(m): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
Welcome sister.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 01, 2017
Said, married, mass comm graduate & lives in oshogbo
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
^

Dude, could you please take this to appropriate thread.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Newnas(m): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
AhluSunnah:
SISSIE .. this is totally unacceptable. THIS IS HATE SPEECH. . I demand he got banned Orelse he prove himself right with quran and sunnah that i am a khawarij and a takfeerI

After how many provings?

There's no scholar in the world, past or present that ever had your opinion. Your interpretation of The Quran clearly contradicts the unanimous understanding of the companions. Isn't that enough to show that you are on plain error?!

The only sect of Islam that hold your opinion are the khawarij sect. It's the fact whether you like it or not.

Your sheikh Jabata claims to have studied his methodology from Sheikh Robi Madkhali. His younger brother Ustadh AbduLLah Jabata Abu Taymiyyah said its a big lie. And I even gave you a link to where sheikh Robi stated clearly on his official website that he is not a proponent of such error.

Jabata even affiliated himself with Sheikh Saleem alHilaalee, when the sheikh was called he clearly disassociated himself from your ideology.

The story of some of your fellow Jabata followers who entered Iwo and said there's no believer in this town reminds me of the two kharijites who went for hajj. While doing tawaf one of them said to the other: "All these people are in hell except you and I". The other one shouted: "jannah, wider than the length of the heavens and the earth together was created for only both of us?! I have left it for you alone" then he returned to the people of sunnah.

You claim to be independent of scholars but when there opinion suits your desires you jump to it and cling onto it like a drowning person. Isn't it a matter of desires?!

No scholar in the history of Islam ever called spoon Haram let alone saying that it is an act of disbelief, your ideology does not only sadden the learned it is also laughable.

The root and cause of the khariji ideology is the delusion that they are independent of companions rodiyaLLaahu anhum in interpreting The Quran. Isn't it the same song you are chanting today? Quran and sunnah only no scholar! You are headed the wrong way no doubt.

Lastly, I said this and I can defend it anywhere:
"ANYONE WHO MAKES MASS TAKFEER IS A POTENTIAL TERRORIST!!!"

Note:
If you want to respond you better do it like a student of knowledge not in your unrefined words. Speak like an erudite else you only publicise your ignorance more and I won't bother to respond.

I rest my case.

Assalam alykum wa rahmatuLLaah wa barakaatuH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
^^

Like erudite

Forget it.

He's gonna start with #laughing , olodo ni e , keferi ni e
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
Empiree:
^^

Like erudite

Forget it.

He's gonna start with #laughing , olodo ni e , keferi ni e
You know me too well. . . thats exactly what i wanted to do. . but i have to act calm so that he can see his dolal
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 6:55am On Sep 06, 2017
My name is Yaqub Baathoul
Student of Ahmadu Bello university Zaria
From kogi state
Home is in Lagos..
Can't believe I am just finding this sight...Alhamdulilah tho

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Kudibaby(f): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2017
Jahsam:
Hi,

I'm a recent convert.

Looking to really explore the religion. Forgive me if I ask a lot of questions.

Thank you
welcome to Islam brother. May Allah grant you the ability to see and know the sweetness of Islam.Actually I have some advice for you.
-As a new convert, you need a Mallam to put you through, coming on line to listen to people u don't see will confuse as to knowing what is right or wrong.
-Get a translated version of the Qur'an and Hadith(it may be arbauna or huswatun hasanatun.these are hadith books for beginners) you can easily refer to them in case you need exact explanations of some facts you may be doubting.
-I recommend you don't take anything from any body or Mallam if it has no Qur'anic or hadith backings in this way you will know who to follow and who not to.
lastly, Islam has divided into many sects.This is not a weakness on the part of the religion but that it was foretold to come through,your Qur'an and the sunnah(way of life of the prophet) of the rasuul should always be your guide and you will never regret it.
May Allah be your guide.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 8:43am On Sep 06, 2017
Jahsam:
Hi,

I'm a recent convert.

Looking to really explore the religion. Forgive me if I ask a lot of questions.

Thank you

You are welcome to Islam brother... May Allah continue to guide you...About exploring the religion, You can download Islamic videos and audios online,Like,Ismail mufti menk,Nouman Ali khan,Zakir Naik...And most importantly... Read your Qur'an... Get the translated one...Welcome to religion of peace

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2017
missyQween:

You are welcome to Islam brother... May Allah continue to guide you...About exploring the religion, You can download Islamic videos and audios online,Like,Ismail mufti menk,Nouman Ali khan,Zakir Naik...And most importantly... Read your Qur'an... Get the translated one...Welcome to religion of peace
MUFTI=Motivational speaker. NAIK=Preaches with bible.. And am very sure you forgot to add Hadith after you wrote Quran
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 2:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
missyQween:

I m
Salaam,

You can kindly excuse the brother bcus his manhaj is off. Attached is probably the hadith he's trying to reference to you. There is no way the hadith prevents or forbids debate with non-Muslims. The hadith is saying something else.

Now look at the verse of Quran which encourages debate with wisdom along with tafsir (second attachment).

Thanks

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
Empiree:
Salaam,

You can kindly excuse the brother bcus his manhaj is off. Attached is probably the hadith he's trying to reference to you. There is no way the hadith prevents or forbids debate with non-Muslims. The hadith is saying something else.

Now look at the verse of Quran which encourages debate with wisdom along with tafsir (second attachment)
Thanks

Wow...Jazakallahu khair, I was wondering about it too,If Ahmad deedadt and other great scholar are into comparative studies, Then how can in be haram...May Allah guide us to the right path

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Gregchambers(m): 1:12am On Sep 07, 2017
Hello my name is Moses, am from the eastern part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.How can I convert to Muslim,please anyone in this room that can assist me should contact me through this email address (Moseslambe360@gmail.com) I have thought about it for a very long time and finally I made up my mind to be a dedicated Muslim.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 8:55am On Sep 07, 2017
Gregchambers:
Hello my name is Moses, am from the eastern part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.How can I convert to Muslim,please anyone in this room that can assist me should contact me through this email address (Moseslambe360@gmail.com) I have thought about it for a very long time and finally I made up my mind to be a dedicated Muslim.[color=#990000][/color]

I hope you are been sincere about that
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Gregchambers(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2017
[quote author=missyQween post=60212396

Yes I'm my brother

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Gregchambers(m): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2017
missyQween:

I hope you are been sincere about that

Yes am serious about it and I need a true brother or sister to help me achieve it please

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Newnas(m): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
Wa alykumussalam wa rahmatuLLaah wa barakaatuH.

I don't know where to start but:

# The brother said he's a concert but he should have used the word revert because every child is born upon the fitrah (natural instinct) of worshipping one supreme God not associating partners with Him. So disbelief is a deviation and intrusion not the basic and natural way.
The one who accepts Islam after practicing other than Islam only returned to his natural inclination.

# Secondly, Mufti Menk is a scholar but his topics are not usually on aqeedah. That's a problem, a big problem indeed. May Allah rectify us and him.

#Thirdly, Ahmed Deedat and Dr Zakir Naik are comparative debate experts not scholars of Islamic laws. People shouldn't get them mixed up.
Many times these comparative debators make big errors in matters of Islamic jurisprudence and creed.
As for the methodology of studying bible to refute Christians, even if this is permissible it shouldn't be an indeptg study such that you memorize verses of the Bible even more than Christians and sadly more than the Quran.
The knowledge of the Quran is sufficient, what you need from the Bible to refute them is only a small portion. The flaws in Christianity are too obvious even if you don't study Bible you can refute the biggest Christian scholar if you ground yourself well in the Quran and sunnah.

Please visit sites like islamqa.com

which state are you resided and which language do you speak so I can recommend lectures for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (82) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.