Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here - Islam for Muslims (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here (108797 Views)

A Brother Just Join The Nairaland Muslim Family / Jazakallah Khairan To The Nairaland Muslim Community / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
Gregchambers:

Yes am serious about it and I need a true brother or sister to help me achieve it please

I can be of help...Just send an email

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Gregchambers(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
missyQween:

I can be of help...Just send an email

moseslambe360@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
Newnas:
Wa alykumussalam wa rahmatuLLaah wa barakaatuH.

I don't know where to start but:

# The brother said he's a concert but he should have used the word revert because every child is born upon the fitrah (natural instinct) of worshipping one supreme God not associating partners with Him. So disbelief is a deviation and intrusion not the basic and natural way.
The one who accepts Islam after practicing other than Islam only returned to his natural inclination.

# Secondly, Mufti Menk is a scholar but his topics are not usually on aqeedah. That's a problem, a big problem indeed. May Allah rectify us and him.

#Thirdly, Ahmed Deedat and Dr Zakir Naik are comparative debate experts not scholars of Islamic laws. People shouldn't get them mixed up.
Many times these comparative debators make big errors in matters of Islamic jurisprudence and creed.
As for the methodology of studying bible to refute Christians, even if this is permissible it shouldn't be an indeptg study such that you memorize verses of the Bible even more than Christians and sadly more than the Quran.
The knowledge of the Quran is sufficient, what you need from the Bible to refute them is only a small portion. The flaws in Christianity are too obvious even if you don't study Bible you can refute the biggest Christian scholar if you ground yourself well in the Quran and sunnah.

Please visit sites like islamqa.com

which state are you resided and which language do you speak so I can recommend lectures for you

Assalam alaiequm...I think revert and convert are two different things..Muslim that became Christian but decided to come back to Islam again are called revert and the convert are the Christian who want to become Muslim

About mufti menk,I never dispute what the brother said but I think he is doing what he can do best and he is words are touching people...
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
Gregchambers:

moseslambe360@gmail.com

I think you send me an e-mail before right ?
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
Gregchambers:

moseslambe360@gmail.com

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
I think Gregchambers''s best is to contact local Muslims in his area. Even if he doesn't have Muslims locally, since he's sincerely looking to revert, he can go to any length to do so by visiting masajid.

All you need right now to confirm these basics of Islam. These are mandatory tenets or belief system you must have faith in to be Muslim. If you agree, you are good to go, i:e you are ready to take declaration of faith (Shahada).

You can read below. That's your basic requirements.

Empiree:

Shahadatain (to testify to Oneness of Allah and Muhammad is His messanger)

To pray mandatory 5 daily salat

To fast in the Holy month of Ramadan

To pay zakat

To make Haj

In addition to that,

To believe in All prophets and messangers

To believe in All Divine revealed Books

To believe in Angels,

To believe in Qadar (destiny).

This is islam. Whoever believes and practices these is a muslim. FULL STOP
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Gregchambers(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
missyQween:

Yes I do
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Gregchambers(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
Empiree:
I think Gregchambers''s best is to contact local Muslims in his area. Even if he doesn't have Muslims locally, since he's sincerely looking to revert, he can go to any length to do so by visiting masajid.

All you need right now to confirm these basics of Islam. These are mandatory tenets or belief system you must have faith in to be Muslim. If you agree, you are good to go, i:e you are ready to take declaration of faith (Shahada).

You can read below. That's your basic requirements.

Yes I'm ready to do all that you have mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
missyQween:

Assalam alaiequm...I think revert and convert are two different things..Muslim that became Christian but decided to come back to Islam again are called revert and the convert are the Christian who want to become Muslim

About mufti menk,I never dispute what the brother said but I think he is doing what he can do best and he is words are touching people...
I think what they failed to understand is that, different people chose different subject of interest they feel confortable with. For instance, those who chose to focus on aqeeda issue might not know how to debate comparative religion. That's a big difference as well. Everyone with his area professionalism. Those who are expert in figh may know little to nothing of Islamic sciences and or Islamic spirituality etc. Islam is too broad to fixate on just one subject. And quiet frankly, those who chose aqeeda or figh only may have no iota of knowledge about Islamic eschatology and knowledge of Islamic epistemology. There are various sources of knowledge in Islam of which Quran itself is prioritised. They all go back there.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Empiree: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
Gregchambers:

Yes I'm ready to do all that you have mentioned.
ma sha Allah. Thats all you need brother. Respectfully, I should summon MOD a. k. a sissie to deal with you on shahada and also try to find local mosque and Muslim area for further instructions
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Gregchambers(m): 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
Empiree:
ma sha Allah. Thats all you need brother. Respectfully, I should summon MOD a. k. a sissie to deal you in shahada and also try to find local mosque and Muslim area for further instructions

Okay thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Sissie(f): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
Stop derailing the thread please.

@gregchambers will send you a mail.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
Empiree:
I think what they failed to understand is that, different people chose different subject of interest they feel confortable with. For instance, those who chose to focus on aqeeda issue might not know how to debate comparative religion. That's a big difference as well. Everyone with his area professionalism. Those who are expert in figh may know little to nothing of Islamic sciences and or Islamic spirituality etc. Islam is too broad to fixate on just one subject. And quiet frankly, those who chose aqeeda or figh only may have no iota of knowledge about Islamic eschatology and knowledge of Islamic epistemology. There are various sources of knowledge in Islam of which Quran itself is prioritised. They all go back there.

I strongly agree with you,No matter how small or insignificant thing someone is doing,As far as it is Halal,Then, I don't see any problem with it

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Lildiamond: 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
Salam walykum
I'm Aishat and I'm pleased to be amongst you people.
Jumuat Mubarak

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by tarif: 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
Assalama Alaikum. I'm a Muslim. Alhamdullah!. I just joined the forum.

My name is Tarif Mohammed. From kano state. But based in Zaria. I'm 32 years old.

Nice to meet you all.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by saifulaehi: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
tarif:

My name is Tarif Mohammed. From kano state. But based in Zaria. I'm 32 years old.

Nice to meet you all.
waleykum salam you're welcome .

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by gaffyGIFT: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
Salam Alaykum everyone
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by gaffyGIFT: 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2017
Salam Alaykum i am happy to a muslim my name is ABDULGAFAR FROM LAGOS I AM 33YRS
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Hollawayn05(m): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
Barka Jumah to all muslim Umar around the world

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2017
Im abdulrahman
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by bimbax: 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by iamgenius(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و باركاته
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Aderojuomooba(f): 4:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Salaam alaykum, it's my first time here and it feels gud.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by iamgenius(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
Aderojuomooba:
Salaam alaykum, it's my first time here and it feels gud.
WA Alaykumus salaam. U welcome.
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Abdullah07: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2017
MuslimsAffairs is back and better... http://muslimsaffairs.com/
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Aosalahudeen: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2017
Took me a while to get this though... glad to b among with y'all.... أهلا بكم اهلا بكم name is Abuu IMRAAN
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Assalamu alaikum

my name is umar faruk shittu came from kwara state
but am based in kaduna . born and brought up in Islam and also praying to die in Islam insha Allah

I have a suggestion to make can it b posiible to barn christians from making comment here in Islamic forum if it not den y don were create a whatsapp group

by d way am kind off a newbie here
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by idreesjigo(m): 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
hello am a new muslim nairalander. I hope to benefit a lot from this forum. salam
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
Assalamu alaikum Muslim Brothers & Sisters.
My name is Muhammad Bashar I am from Sokoto state.
I pray this avenue will continue to serve as an avenue of promoting Islam as well as cementing our cordial relationship.

MissyQween
Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 10:23am On Oct 13, 2017
Eco2580:
Assalamu alaikum Muslim Brothers & Sisters.
My name is Muhammad Bashar I am from Sokoto state.
I pray this avenue will continue to serve as an avenue of promoting Islam as well as cementing our cordial relationship.

MissyQween

Walaiequm salam... You are welcome
How is sokoto ?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here by missyQween(f): 10:29am On Oct 13, 2017
tarif:

Nice to meet you all.

Walaiequm salam... You are welcome to the group

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (82) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.