Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, (4789 Views)

Corruption At A Voter Registration Centre In Abuja: My Experience / Corruption At The IDP Camp ( Photo) / Abacha's Regime Was One Of The Best Performing Governments In Our History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by akpan123(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
SHANGARI

IBB

BUHARI

OBASANJO

ABACHA

YAR ADUA

GEJ
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by midep: 1:11pm On Feb 10, 2012
i b b
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by MrGlobe(m): 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2012
GEJ!!!!!!! others dey learn. Neighbor to Neighbor must be investigated
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by honeric01(m): 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2012
You be real Akpan grin
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by eghost247(m): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2012
who cares corruption is corruption
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by lafuria1(m): 9:27am On Feb 11, 2012
, Gbam, who have they sincerly prosecuted for corruprution. Fact is dat d level don dey increase. So wetin come be d way out or solution?
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by anataala: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2012
gej-the don!
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by YOMIT(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2012
OBJ invented Corruption, He owns it. It exploded into every sector during his Tenure.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by MrGlobe(m): 9:37am On Feb 11, 2012
^
LoL @ gej the don. The guy emptied the nations treasury for his election. Money flowed left right and center. #Epic
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Solozzo(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2012
It's getting worse. Corruption is the root of all our troubles in Nigeria including boko haram and ND militancy.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by badmrkt(m): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2012
my tenure.yes i'm ibb the soul sponor of boko haram cry cry.
i'm sorry,i invented it,i've killed a lot including my wife. cry cry cry
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by iskoki(m): 10:17am On Feb 11, 2012
only a rat with the sense of an ant would actually there is more corruption today than there actually was during the IBB and Abacha era. In those days, oil blocs were given to friends cronies and girlfriends. Civil servants and pensioners received peanuts and could only hope they would get paid. Nnpc and oil ministries, key parastatals were filled with gworo chewing semi literate boneheads who ran those organisations to the ground.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Sike(m): 10:19am On Feb 11, 2012
GEJ- Oga na Master!
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Yornandrew: 10:28am On Feb 11, 2012
Let's focus on God for our country to move forward
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by meexteriox(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2012
OBJ as a military head of state
OBJ as a civilian president
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Vansnickers: 10:47am On Feb 11, 2012
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2012
IBB, GEJ, Shagari, Obj in that order.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 11, 2012
Buhari and ibb ----when naira was valuable.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by eastOFwest(m): 11:02am On Feb 11, 2012
No government in Nigeria will ever be as corrupt as IBB. As far back as 1997 he was worth over $10 BILLION plus hundreds of millions in Deutsche marks & francs.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by faithin9ja: 11:06am On Feb 11, 2012
ignoramus,
people spouting rubbish, with no records, no history, no information.

in the 1970's during Gowon's time many of the skyscrapers on Marina were owned by Federal ministry perm secs - ordinary perm secs, their nicknames - 'super perm sec' such as Ayida

1960's then minster of finance, Okotie-Eboh was famed as one of the richest men in Nigeria

Diete-Spiff and Ogbemudia were allegedly amongst the most corrupt military governors - Diete-Spiff was in his twenties as governor of Rivers State (Gowon was in his early thirties as head of state)

My point: corruption did not start with one regime, and it is impossible to point to the most corrupt government. let's start a thread with we have done to encourage or discourage corruption.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by faithin9ja: 11:07am On Feb 11, 2012
No government in Nigeria will ever be as corrupt as IBB. As far back as 1997 he was worth over $10 BILLION plus hundreds of millions in Deutsche marks & fran

and you are IBB accountant?
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 11, 2012
faithin9ja:

[s]ignoramus,
people spouting rubbish, with no records, no history, no information.[/s]

in the 1970's during Gowon's time many of the skyscrapers on Marina were owned by Federal ministry perm secs - ordinary perm secs, their nicknames - 'super perm sec' such as Ayida

1960's then minster of finance, Okotie-Eboh was famed as one of the richest men in Nigeria

Diete-Spiff and Ogbemudia were allegedly amongst the most corrupt military governors - Diete-Spiff was in his twenties as governor of Rivers State (Gowon was in his early thirties as head of state)

[b]My point: corruption did not start with one regime, and it is impossible to point to the most corrupt government. let's start a thread with we have done to encourage or discourage corruption.

Did you just escape from yaba psychiatric home or why the bitterness from you ?
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by ismhab(m): 11:24am On Feb 11, 2012
ironsi
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by faithin9ja: 11:26am On Feb 11, 2012
@bluetooth

what's bitter in what I said? am just disappointment that internet savvy young Nigerians are wasting their time comparing regimes they know nothing about apart from rumour and conjecture to ascertain the so-called most corrupt regime.

I beg we should leave this beer palour talk and try and improve our country.

Most of us posting here will probably do worse given half the chance.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 11, 2012
GEJ the Meka Don. Modern, Technological, Psychological and Mechanized Corruption. One of a Kind.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by member10: 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2012
[size=22pt]IMO OBJ started the main corruption, then dumped the thing on GEJ who couldn't handle it and it spiraled out of control

P.S
Every other person befor this two ppl, theirs na play. IMO [/size]
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by mufc009(m): 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2012
I would go for go GEJ,the dude lets corruption loose in his cabinet.The phucklady is a good example
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by executinal(m): 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2012
I.B.B He is the head of corruption.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by ifygod20(m): 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2012
It was under ibb regime because he legalise corruption and introduce 419
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by 3seriez(m): 3:18am On Feb 12, 2012
@ least, I know it was during OBJ's second coming I started hearing Billions being stolen, just saying
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Samar1: 7:27am On Feb 12, 2012
Its ibb that institusionalise it, obj legalise it and gej their puppet, modify it.
Re: Under Which Regime Was Corruption At The Highest Level, by Oletunow(m): 10:32am On Feb 12, 2012
All of the above!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. Obiano Enters Govs Forum As SE/SS Governors Meets In Awka(pictures) / See What My Yoruba Tenant Posted On Facebook. / Biafrans Knees Down On The Road To Beg Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.