Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria (14790 Views)

Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining / Nigeria's Four Refineries To Begin Operation Next Month - NNPC / Ajaokuta, Delta Steel Company To Begin Production In 2015, Says Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2012
IVM6867H

Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by okstol: 11:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
Kudos Mr Chukwuma.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by adconline(m): 11:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
We should be telling FG to provide power or subsidize diesel for this man. I was in his Enugu factory  a couple of weeks ago. His factory has up to 20 stand-by Gensets  with minimum of 500KVA. About  7 Gensets were left outside because they went bad while being used in production.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 12:00am On Feb 11, 2012
I remember when the issue of the feasibility of setting auto manufacturing plant came up and many NL "read book economics" were just busy gi ing a million reasons why the venture will fail, they cited or manner of excuses, even went as far as talking about how they wont be able to meet up with the standards bla bla bla. . . Today they have all been proven wrong that where is there is will there is way. If you listen to what many of these theoretical professors say, their dooms' day lecture you wont even move to achieve anything. Today, most of them are not here to congratulate the man's feat, of course the best way to shut critics is to go ahead and succeed anyway. Once, I am through with my service, I shall apply as a maintenance engineer in his plastic company, currently I work in a plastic production company that is shitty. Applying my skills in a Nigerian company is way more worthwhile.
Aljaherem you and your antics, how many factories of dangote, dantata and co and in the SE.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by moremi2008(m): 12:34am On Feb 11, 2012
It will most likely fail once the Chinese decide to flood the Nigerian market with even cheaper tires! He just can't compete running a factory on generating sets!
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by antartica(m): 12:43am On Feb 11, 2012
Nigeria has no ideology as a country,that is why she allows the chinese to flood her market even when she's got markets to develop.In nigeria everything except foreign aids and manners from heaven are impossible because reasoning is out of play.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Mobinga: 2:29am On Feb 11, 2012
rhymz:

I remember when the issue of the feasibility of setting auto manufacturing plant came up and many NL "read book economics" were just busy gi ing a million reasons why the venture will fail, they cited or manner of excuses, even went as far as talking about how they wont be able to meet up with the standards bla bla bla. . . Today they have all been proven wrong that where is there is will there is way. If you listen to what many of these theoretical professors say, their dooms' day lecture you wont even move to achieve anything. Today, most of them are not here to congratulate the man's feat, of course the best way to shut critics is to go ahead and succeed anyway. Once, I am through with my service, I shall apply as a maintenance engineer in his plastic company, currently I work in a plastic production company that is shitty. Applying my skills in a Nigerian company is way more worthwhile.
Aljaherem you and your antics, how many factories of dangote, dantata and co and in the SE.

Props. Your posts are always sensible.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 2:48am On Feb 11, 2012
moremi2008:

It will most likely fail once the Chinese decide to flood the Nigerian market with even cheaper tires! He just can't compete running a factory on generating sets!
well that is up to GEJ to stop the importation of tyres or reduce the importation by at least 50 % so as to give the Manufacturing company some breathing space.

Why do we still import plastics when we have Okoya and innoson

Why do we still refine our oil outside when we have Onado and co

Why do we still import millions of cars each year when we have innoson

These are the questions the FG needs to ask herself.

We need to reduce our dependence on IMPORTED PRODUCT and do SOME ourselves with the aid of the FG
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 2:52am On Feb 11, 2012
rhymz:

Dantata has companies in the SS only because of the Oil buiness he is into

Dangote has branches in Anambra and enugu, I brought out a link not so long ago to Nchara

This is a good development, certainly a stepping stone for US NIGERIANS, AND I am proud. God bless Mr Chukwuma smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

I was just thinking if he could get the ajaokuta steel mine and Ogun steel as well from the FG so he can get the necessary steel he needs for his company

Of course with the aid of the FG which after some years he might pay back. NO interest

What do you think, do you think he has the capacity to run that as well or maybe it is a bit far-fetch
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46am On Feb 11, 2012
Great idea! But, they should take the environment into consideration too.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by BlackPikiN(m): 5:18am On Feb 11, 2012
alj harem:

Dangote has branches in Anambra and enugu, I brought out a link not so long ago to Nchara

This is a good development, certainly a stepping stone for US NIGERIANS, AND I am proud. God bless Mr Chukwuma smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

I was just thinking if he could get the ajaokuta steel mine and Ogun steel as well from the FG so he can get the necessary steel he needs for his company

Of course with the aid of the FG which after some years he might pay back. NO interest

What do you think, do you think he has the capacity to run that as well or maybe it is a bit far-fetch

Kindly bring out the link again.
you bring person shop address say na office for Dangote.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by igboboy1(m): 5:23am On Feb 11, 2012
clip:

Another Dangote in the making.Please distribute more to Lagos and PH

yes he will distribute the buses all over, But the manufacturing plant should i repeat should remain in Nnewi or Ala igbo cos when nigeria breaks up they will now declare his property in lagos and the north as abandoned property. once bitten twice shy,
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 6:03am On Feb 11, 2012
This makes sense, we need more of such.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by eghost247(m): 6:49am On Feb 11, 2012
about time
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by JW214: 7:02am On Feb 11, 2012
How I wish the 1600 GEJ "palliative" buses were bought from this man(company), this would have created about 1000 jobs for our unemployed youth. If we truly want to support this company, Government MDAs must be encouraged to buy their products if they meet the standards required. Most of the Korean and Chinnesse Auto makers started like this. The Chinesse Envoy(s) in Nigeria drives the Chinesse Auto. God bless Innoson, God bless Nigeria
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 8:02am On Feb 11, 2012
moremi2008:

It wont fail my brother. Where there is sincerity and a genuine need to help the economy it wont fail. I work in a plastic customizing and packaging production company owned by a Lebanese and I tell you, if they could run their production factories like slave labour camps with a very dis-organized management structure and still stay afloat, then Innoson a more purposeful and goal driven entreprenuer with the true vision of making Nigeria an industrial hub and providing real job with a way better welfare structure for her staff can and will succeed.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by SNCOQ3(m): 8:21am On Feb 11, 2012
I am elated by this post and most of the replies. Please keep the good news coming smiley
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2012
alj harem:

seriously, Aljaharam are you calling other people's distribution shops and malls Dangote's?? And even so, how is a distribution outlet similar to having a well defined office corner or factory to co-ordinate the sales of his product in the region? Forget abg everyone is getting wiser and people are begining to realize that the only safest place to have your investment in the Nigeria of today- where you are seen as a visitor in other parts of Nigeria instead of Nigerian-is home, your region where you can control and understand better the mindset of your own ppl. Besides, there is no need for him to even go up north, when you have places like lagos and portharcourt with better potentials for sales and distribution.
Another thing, I don't respect Dangote's business philosophy. He is more of a political business man than anything else.
I am in the manufacturing industry and can tell you that his philosophy is to some extent flawed. He is not the type to compete in a sector, he goes into a sector and sought to kill the biggesy players there through dishonest political manuevering and inciting the government to come up with stifling policies that that kills his competitor and put them out of business so he can take their place, monopolize the sector and fix prices at his whims and caprices. When competitors are very strong he resorts to sabotage, gangsterism, formation of cabal and even buying over experienced workers from competitors just to weaken their resolve. The reason why Dangote has become so wealthy is majorely because of his monopoly of many of the sectors, unfair advantages giving to just him as opposed to other Nigerian business men, his political connection, forming a gangstar bloc that fixes prices unfairly and dubious deals that award with defunct companies whose worth were grossly underpriced. Seriously, Mr Dangote is not your average hard working entreprenuer, he is a political business man and rely on politics to advance his conglomerate. Unlike Chukwuma who has not been giving thesame advantages but is making heads anyway and investing in where it realy matters in manufacturing. We need people to go into aspects of manufacturing that are heavy and capital intensive, not just the traditional manufacturing alone.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2012
Damn! Rhymz mehn, I dey feel this your post die! Well said, bro! cool
What is this country turning into when we praise monopolist uber-gangsters like Dangote and his oligarchy of elitist politicians?

Today, Dangote is the sole importer of cement, no thanks to his liaisons with the obese criminal Obasanjo. Had this been in the states, you know how many lawsuits and fines this dude would swallowing each day? But trust Naija where anything goes.
Praising insecure thugs who are scared to death of competitive business.

Kudos once again to Innoson, for still trying to change the industrial clime of this country, despite so much hardship.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Ikology(m): 9:15am On Feb 11, 2012
what He really need now is a conducive government policies to enable him extend his business enterprise beyond the east, Nigeria and then Africa, Thumbs up.

Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by newmaonza: 9:30am On Feb 11, 2012
rhymz:

seriously, Aljaharam are you calling other people's distribution shops and malls Dangote's?? And even so, how is a distribution outlet similar to having a well defined office corner or factory to co-ordinate the sales of his product in the region? Forget abg everyone is getting wiser and people are begining to realize that the only safest place to have your investment in the Nigeria of today- where you are seen as a visitor in other parts of Nigeria instead of Nigerian-is home, your region where you can control and understand better the mindset of your own ppl. Besides, there is no need for him to even go up north, when you have places like lagos and portharcourt with better potentials for sales and distribution.
Another thing, I don't respect Dangote's business philosophy. He is more of a political business man than anything else.
I am in the manufacturing industry and can tell you that his philosophy is to some extent flawed. He is not the type to compete in a sector, he goes into a sector and sought to kill the biggesy players there through dishonest political manuevering and inciting the government to come up with stifling policies that that kills his competitor and put them out of business so he can take their place, monopolize the sector and fix prices at his whims and caprices. When competitors are very strong he resorts to sabotage, gangsterism, formation of cabal and even buying over experienced workers from competitors just to weaken their resolve. The reason why Dangote has become so wealthy is majorely because of his monopoly of many of the sectors, unfair advantages giving to just him as opposed to other Nigerian business men, his political connection, forming a gangstar bloc that fixes prices unfairly and dubious deals that award with defunct companies whose worth were grossly underpriced. Seriously, Mr Dangote is not your average hard working entreprenuer, he is a political business man and rely on politics to advance his conglomerate. Unlike Chukwuma who has not been giving thesame advantages but is making heads anyway and investing in where it realy matters in manufacturing. We need people to go into aspects of manufacturing that are heavy and capital intensive, not just the traditional manufacturing alone.

'"Please Dont Beef the Player'" Hate The GAME!!!!!, [color=#770077][/color], You Guyz now have a feel of what a real entrepreneur is like, The same thing that drives Dangote is the same thing that drive Steve jobs, Bill gates , et al, Letz pray innoson learns from Dangote
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by SNCOQ3(m): 9:55am On Feb 11, 2012
new maonza:

'"Please Dont Beef the Player'" Hate The GAME!!!!!, [color=#770077][/color], You Guyz now have a feel of what a real(unethical) entrepreneur is like, The same thing that drives Dangote is the same thing that drive Steve jobs, Bill gates , et al, Letz pray innoson learns from Dangote

corrected.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 9:58am On Feb 11, 2012
If only the govt can create an enabling environment for this guy, who knows we may see other serious enterprenuers take a queue from him and resurrect ur dormant manufacturing sector. BUT TRIBALISTIC INSTINCT WILL SURELY SURFACE WHEN HIS NAME IS MENTIONED IN FEC MEETINGS. GOD SAVE NIGERIA!
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 10:22am On Feb 11, 2012
new maonza:

'"Please Dont Beef the Player'" Hate The GAME!!!!!, [color=#770077][/color],  You Guyz now have a feel of what a real entrepreneur is like,  The same thing that drives Dangote is the same thing that drive Steve jobs, Bill gates , et al, Letz pray innoson learns from Dangote
abeg guy no dey trivialize matter like that. In a million years, Dangote can never be driven by thesame business philosophies with the likes of Bill Gates and Steven Jobs. These guys were in fierce competition and only sought to outdo the other through innovation, invention, excellent marketing strategy and price competition. None of them incited government to shut anybody out of business like Dangote did the likes of Ibeto, Eagle Cement and co. . Or Sabotage the products of competitors like they did with Indomie(unfortunately for him, indomie is a very big and strong brand). In situations where one tried to go out of business the other even offered help as was seen between Microsoft and Apple. Dangote will rather he was the only surviving player in a sector and kill anyone that has a chance. You need to go back to the OBJ administration to understand what I mean. This guy would ordinarily not have been able to compete on a level playing field but for the unfair advantage given to him against the others who are as well Nigerians.
He is more into politics than the running of his businesses jare!! There are way better and smarter ways to compete in a market sector than going gangstar and putting food out of people's mouth because you need to succeed at all cost.
Chukwuma knows that there are strong brands in the market like Toyota, Mercedes, BMW and co and yet still goes ahead to compete that is the spirit. His plastic company has got to be the biggest in Nigeria, yet there over 50 plastic companies in lagos alone doing almost thesame thing, we have not heard any story of Innoson trying to stiffle competitors or sabotage their products in the market by sponsoring some bad news or rumour mill about them. Rather, he is comfortable and working very hard to carve his own niche in the market.
Go to the Cement sector, na Dangote is having it all to himself, u go to sugar, na Dangote all to himself fixing prices as he likes, go to oil, he and the host of OBJ emergency billionaires have formed a formidable cabal that are in the business of fixing prices and collecting subsidies. Business man indeed. In a fair Nigeria economy, Dangote wont last in the face of competition with such an approach to business. He will be abruptly shut down by court cases upon court cases of violation and indecent business practice. Somebody like Dangote wont even stand the markets in the west.
And you say he is driven by thesame force with the likes of Bill and Jobs. . Nigga?
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by oshyno(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2012
@rhymz U made a very good point or observation rather, but u cant dis-associate business with politics.Not that one has to be a full time time politician to be a successful businessman anyway.The different between Dangote n Innoson is that dangote uses politics to advance his business unlike Innoson and daz probably why the 1600 buses FG bought were imported. No thanks to FG. Even in developed world, business men sponsor some policies that will keep them afloat.No crime for that.Shell,chevron,exxon n so are working real hard to ensure the PIB is watered down cuz it will affect them tremendously if the original one is passed.

Imagine what a bill dat bans importation of tokumbo buses or a 60% hike in tariff of any imported luxurious buses will hv on Innoson company .
Innoson has started soo well n need to be encouraged by good policies.He needs savvy marketers to take d company to next level cuz I want to see it in PH not just Enugu. Most states are buying buses to cushion the effect of dis subsidy removal/hike in fuel pump price.He shud enter an MOU with states n b4 u say jack d whole country will be flooded with his buses. Wish u well nwannem !!!!!
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by slimshady1(m): 11:11am On Feb 11, 2012
this innoson guy na MAN! I see him doin better than dangote in d nearest future o. Thumbs up bro. Ths story has made my day!
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by SNCOQ3(m): 11:17am On Feb 11, 2012
@rhymz
Excellent. I doff my face cap for u.  smiley

@oshyno
Your argument is compelling but the way i understand rhymz is that he his against the abuse and manipulation of political power to gain an unfair business advantage. You know one of the function of government is to create a level playing field for all.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by SNCOQ3(m): 11:27am On Feb 11, 2012
Hey guys,
I am compiling a list of great Nigerian Inventors/Innovators in the field of Technology / Industrial Designs. Please i need your contribution.
i posted it sometime ago but never made it to any section or the frontpage for that matter. sad

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=863587.msg10126634#msg10126634
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by ypzilanti: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2012
You guys should leave Dangote alone.

ALL business men will try to manipulate the system to get favorable government policies if they can.

In USA it is called LOBBYING and lobbists spend billions of dollars every year trying to influence government policy in the USA.

Dangote does not have the most political connections in Nigeria. He uses his connections to get favorable government policy for hid BUSINESS that employs nigerians.

Some people use thier political influence for less taxing and more lucrative things like getting contracts that are never executed and pocketing the money. (remember Anenih? what value has he added to Nigeria with his vast political connections?)

As for those advising entreprenuers and business men on TRIBAL reasons to establish thier businesses, note that they are not government officials. A true businessman allways follows the profit motive. If siting a factory on a pile of shit will profit more than siting the factory in his village, guess where he will site his factory?
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by oshyno(m): 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2012
@SNCOQ3   I quite agree with u and Rhymz on the fact that FG should provide a level playing field for everyone.I am not equally ruling out the fact that IBETO cememt et al cud hv been  schemed out  of the industry due to politics but I dont think their licenses were withdrawn.Correct me if am wrong.Nobody new how much these business moguls were owing prior to Sanusi hurricane-like reform.What stops Ibeto from using bank loans to finance a project that will make him compete favorably with Dangote or u think the $1B  plant he recently commissioned was all his money ? High tech business planners, marketers encompassed in good management is  what drives a company. Look at d guy's (Dangote) choice of business place.Ogun state.My point is ,the guy is a good entrepreneur and works with best of brains in buz development.

I dont really wana derail the topic. We need more of Innoson n Dangote to take guyz off d street.Kudos guys
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Nchara: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2012
alj harem:

You small-time liar. Dangote has no branches in Igboland. It was a depot owned by an Igbo man who sells Dangote products that you showed. Repost your so-called link let others judge. Onye oshi like you.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by executinal(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2012
Good Innoson and Dangote taking Nigeria to greater height. I love this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$19 Billion Dangote Refinery Gets Another 1 Million Barrels Crude Oil / GTB Domiciliary Account Reference Form / GIGM To FIRS: Expunge Our Name From List Of Tax Defaulters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.