Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

iPhone Killer Apps 2 - Phones (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (152369 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by coogar: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2012
Bawss1: ^
You say that like you've actually compared the 2 displays physically and noticed significant differences. I'm willing to bet that whatever differences there are will be marginal if not tipped in favor towards the S3.

326 pixel per inch in comparison to 306? the difference would be like comparing high definition to standard definition. if you now put apple's fluid retina display into the equation then it's a no brainer. iphone 5's display is so much better. emphasis on "so much"!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 11:25am On Sep 17, 2012
azpekuliar:

Una no wan answer me ni...?

I don't know about BSM performance on the iphone but what I do know is that MTN has had rather crappy service lately. Virtually all my network apps aren't working! angry From Viber to whatsapp to Instagram - all down.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 11:30am On Sep 17, 2012
coogar:

326 pixel per inch in comparison to 306? the difference would be like comparing high definition to standard definition. if you now put apple's fluid retina display into the equation then it's a no brainer. iphone 5's display is so much better. emphasis on "so much"!

Now you actually believe the hype. Typical fanboy behavior. Let the phone ship first and then we'll see about your claim that its like comparing SD to HD. On paper S3 has a better display, in real life ,I think we won't be able to tell the difference.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by coogar: 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bawss1:

Now you actually believe the hype. Typical fanboy behavior. Let the phone ship first and then we'll see about your claim that its like comparing SD to HD. On paper S3 has a better display, in real life ,I think we won't be able to tell the difference.

then you know nothing about technology. the number of pixels per inch is the determinant here. if the galaxy s3 wasn't so wide, the resolution it packs would have clearly made it better than apple's! it's like zooming on a screen, the wider it gets, the less the quality!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by samir101ng(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
Am inclined to agree more with Coogar on this one. Am not one to obsess over the high resolution or pixel density but the overall consumer experience with the device. IOS5 with the Retina display is a more fluid experience for me. The colors and clarity of text is just sharp and clear. The Samsung Galaxy S3 (ICS) also has a good screen but the Iphone Retina just does it for me. Maybe the implementation of Project Butter on Jelly Bean will give it an added advantage.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
Correction on my part: the i5 does have the higher specs display-wise when compared to the S3. (I5=326ppi > S3=306ppi)

Either way I'm still doubtful that the 20ppi will account for a significant difference between the phones.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by coogar: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bawss1: Correction on my part: the i5 does have the higher specs display-wise when compared to the S3. (I5=326ppi > S3=306ppi)

Either way I'm still doubtful that the 20ppi will account for a significant difference between the phones.

it then depends on what you think qualifies as "significant". 20 pixels per inch on a 0.8-inch screen difference is quite a gap!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
Rich Dad: Plz, I need to change my iPhone 4 screen. How much will it cost?

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by cabali(m): 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
Well, everyone here knows I am an iPhone fanatic. I have been a fan boy for long but this year, I got my first huge disappointment. It all started with the iOS 6. It was weak and there's no way you can get a great iPhone when the iOS isn't!

The iPhone 5 is the first since the series was launched tha I won't buy.

But trust me, the i5 will make hits in sales no doubt. Prolly because of reputation or abject fanatism But I think Tim Cook won't be given a chance next year if he allows another device keep them at the back seat as the SIII has done this year.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by coogar: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
cabali: Well, everyone here knows I am an iPhone fanatic. I have been a fan boy for long but this year, I got my first huge disappointment. It all started with the iOS 6. It was weak and there's no way you can get a great iPhone when the iOS isn't!

how can i-phone 5 be weak when the iOS 6 has 200+ new features?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
200+ new features, lmao!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Kasiye: 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
and the empire strikes back

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by samir101ng(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
Nice One Apple !!! grin grin grin Luv the plastic part. LOL !!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
^
smiley

Seriously only Apple fans will be thrilled by the likes of iCloud, Facetime and iMessage(a BBM knock off btw). The other features like Panorama haven't got the buzz to get non Apple users interested.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
Let the war continue
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 6:18am On Sep 18, 2012
azpekuliar: iFamily, abeg make una helep me oo, my BSM plan has'nt worked on my iPhone 4, for about 5 days now, I only used it for 3 days after subscription. What's happening? Na only me?

Check your data balance and credit balance.(You can exhaust 5GB in one day on perpetual 3.75G signal and u won't notice)
Check your apn setting.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:23am On Sep 18, 2012
coogar:

how can i-phone 5 be weak when the iOS 6 has 200+ new features?

200+ new features!! [size=28pt]WOW[/size]

golly wow, i must have missed the memo, list pls?

does that include facebook integration? grin grin grin grin

meanwhile on a lighter note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUz6vHEQCM
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2012
Bawss1: ^
smiley

Seriously only Apple fans will be thrilled by the likes of iCloud, Facetime and iMessage(a BBM knock off btw). The other features like Panorama haven't got the buzz to get non Apple users interested.

icloud?

meh. google drive, skydrive, dropbox, ubuntu one, box etc etc etc. shucks its just anor cloud storage thingy no?

facetime,

is this not Video calling? Glo was advertising this about 2 years ago, in nigeria a backward tech country no less. i seem to recall one nokia Sv5 doing this about 4 yrs ago.

i suppose facetime makes u look more handsome/beautiful no? ok i heard its now 720P HD . wow i wonder how many secs my 5 GB data plans will last

iMessage. guys forget o, have u used it before? I swear any gel u toast with iMEssage ehn..... simple "hi" u go post, the chikala don dey give u green light tongue tongue tongue
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2012
grin grin

I use iMessage all the time. Nothing out of this world about it. And why would a chic be tripping for iMessage, how else did she receive it other than on her iDevice?

Anyways as I commented earlier, Panoroma, Facetime, Airplay and free OS Updates Annually (seriously?), those are things that will generate little or no interest from non Apple users. I think the second ad(the iPhone 5) posted above didn't come from Apple,it looks fake.

It all doesn't seem to matter though, the I5 is breaking sales records already. http://cellular-news.com/story/56433.php
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by coogar: 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
Bawss1: grin grin

I use iMessage all the time. Nothing out of this world about it. And why would a chic be tripping for iMessage, how else did she receive it other than on her iDevice?

Anyways as I commented earlier, Panoroma, Facetime, Airplay and free OS Updates Annually (seriously?), those are things that will generate little or no interest from non Apple users. I think the second ad(the iPhone 5) posted above didn't come from Apple,it looks fake.

It all doesn't seem to matter though, the I5 is breaking sales records already. http://cellular-news.com/story/56433.php

4llerbuntu's sarcasm seems to fly over your head - you need to lighten up, if anything - he's a fandroid dude like yourself!

your laughable post about newer iOS updates annually is embarrassing. jellybean 4.1 launched since july and yet only 1% fandroids are using it. the other 99% may never use it unless they buy the google nexus and you don't think this is a turn-off? later tonight, all my idevices(including my iPod touch) would get the new iOS 6 without hassles! there's a reason apple sell more than the others - they have more class, style and panache!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
Yawn.....

first off, i am not a fandroid, fanboy or whatever it is you call it.

i simply have a good belly laugh winding up u knuckleheads who adopt a piece of silicon and plastic as a god.

and pls what difference does the fact that you get IOS 6 really make your life? the ability to brag about having the latest ios on your device, even tho really it brings nothing new to you. facebook integration? in 2012?

you don't have to mortgage away your intelligence just to be a fanboy. video calling has been around like forever, the moment apple finally get to introduce it on their devices, and give it a fancy name (facetime) it suddenly becomes a "feature" and the best thing since sliced bread?

instaant messaging has been around since jesus climbed mount galilee. apple do the same thing, give it a fancy name and bam its a reason to spend 900 euros?

dude get real. for most folks, phones, pc, gadgets are simply tools. not items to be worshipped.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Xionez(m): 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
4llerbuntu. Abeg help me tell them o.
How many of those features are in use today or will they use?
When was the last time anyone did a video call.
Facetime, iMessage, iToiletpaper. . .lol

iAgree. Apple has brainwashed a lot of folks with iCrap.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by lynxnoon(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
4llerbuntu: Yawn.....

i simply have a good belly laugh winding up u knuckleheads who adopt a piece of silicon and plastic as a god.

and pls what difference does the fact that you get IOS 6 really make your life? the ability to brag about having the latest ios on your device, even tho really it brings nothing new to you. facebook integration? in 2012?

you don't have to mortgage away your intelligence just to be a fanboy. video calling has been around like forever, the moment apple finally get to introduce it on their devices, and give it a fancy name (facetime) it suddenly becomes a "feature" and the best thing since sliced bread?

instaant messaging has been around since jesus climbed mount galilee. apple do the same thing, give it a fancy name and bam its a reason to spend 900 euros?

dude get real. for most folks, phones, pc, gadgets are simply tools. not items to be worshipped.
LWKMD!!!!! grin grin grin
WELL SAID
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
coogar:

4llerbuntu's sarcasm seems to fly over your head - you need to lighten up, if anything - he's a fandroid dude like yourself!

Perhaps you missed the emoticons at the top of that post. No way I take any of this too seriously. . . and the last thing I am is a fanboy. cool

PS: I use an iPhone 4, go figure.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by coogar: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
4llerbuntu: Yawn.....

with the amount of energy you have dissipated on this thread, samsung should hire you as their hype man. if they had you in court, they would have won their case against apple!

you wouldn't understand quality even if it's plastered on your face like apricot scrub!

it makes life easier for me unlike frustrated dingbats like yourself who cannot even upgrade the operating system your phone came with. ios 6 means a better life for people that can afford it.

whoever argued video calling hasn't been around for a while? why do you argue without brains in a public forum? apple have not claimed they invented video calling so stop making your own arguments. what makes the iphone a unique device is because it encompasses various technology in one small toy!

you need to experience using the iMessage to fully understand it is not just an instant message service

you must have seen me in a temple bowing down to apple with your super telescope, haven't you? i reiterate, you are daft! there's a massive difference between using idevices in an environment where wifi-hotspots are almost a given and your environment where to get 3G requires a biblical miracle. when you get out of your cocoon, you would understand why these devices are appreciated by people who know how to use them!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
We now have many fandroid pastors here. grin grin grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
@ Coogar

Any need for the insults? angry

And pray tell, what is so special about iMessage that makes it more than an instant message service?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by coogar: 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
Bawss1: @ Coogar
Any need for the insults? angry

And pray tell, what is so special about iMessage that makes it more than an instant message service?

hahahaha - everything about it is class plus it's free!!! unlike bbm that enslaves nigerians into paying a stipend monthly!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
@Coogar, pls leave these fandroid pastors alone since they have found this tread more interesting.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by coogar: 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
sinade1: @Coogar, pls leave these fandroid pastors alone since they have found this tread more interesting.

they need the education.......it's imperative they learn why people desire i-phone in spite of the premium price people pay to get i-devices! apple make life so much easier.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
coogar:

hahahaha - everything about it is class plus it's free!!! unlike bbm that enslaves nigerians into paying a stipend monthly!

in this day and age it takes a very unique kind of mind to spout this type of claptrap.

coogar:
you wouldn't understand quality even if it's plastered on your face like apricot scrub!

oh well........

coogar:

unlike frustrated dingbats like yourself who cannot even upgrade the operating system your phone came with. ios 6 means a better life for people that can afford it.

erm, bro look around you man, notice the odd one out on the thread? yeah he is the one who sounds like a frustrated so and so

who stole your lollipop and iron man action figure toy?

as for the upgrade part, well sorry, actually i can, much faster than you ever will be able to

and i pray to never be in a position where a mobile phone os update means a "better life: for me

at this point im feeling sorry for your poor life, it is indeed deficient

coogar:
what makes the iphone a unique device is because it encompasses various technology in one small toy!

really? hmmnnn. weird. seems its the only thing that does....... in your dark, warped, twisted fantasy world eh?

coogar:
you need to experience using the iMessage to fully understand it is not just an instant message service

yes indeed, like i said, it turn your words into shimmering sparkles of gold and turns you into a demi-god

coogar:
i reiterate, you are daft!

actually, no thank you. but you are, indeed!!!

coogar:
there's a massive difference between using idevices in an environment where wifi-hotspots are almost a given and your environment where to get 3G requires a biblical miracle. when you get out of your cocoon, you would understand why these devices are appreciated by people who know how to use them!

ok. thank you for this incredible insightful and educative comment
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
^^^ I can now see copycat. What Apple can do, Samsung must copy it better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (111) (Reply)

Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Complete Bible Download Site? / Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.