Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! (1464 Views)

Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country. / Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. / The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by onila(f): 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2012
Nigerians are better off than some African country like ethiopia, somali, liberia, congo etc

but how come people in these countries dont insult their countries the way we do
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by KnowAll(m): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2012
but how come people in these countries dont insult their countries the way we do

Because Nigeria is an irritant to the Biafran, a colony of infidels to the Arewan, a despoiler to the Niger Deltan and a mere geograhical expression to the Oduan.  cool
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by Rgp92: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2012
onila:

Nigerians are better off than some African country like ethiopia, somali, liberia, congo etc

Because those countries got nothing to insult.
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by onila(f): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2012
Rgp92:

their corrupt government
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by werepeLeri: 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2012
Because those who actually insult Nigeria are either aliens, like British Nigerians, Indian Nigerians, Iraqi Nigerians etc etc. Yoruba people say - na bastard child dey use him or her left hand point to him or her papa house.

Chikena.
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by onila(f): 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2012
hmm
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by Afam4eva(m): 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2012
@Onila
Nigeria is not better than those countries you listed considering the resources and potentials that's evident in those countries. If those countries had the human and material resources that we have they would have left behind.
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by MutuYaChuma: 12:02am On Feb 12, 2012

Nigeria is in the same basket as these countries.

Anyways: how would you know that they don't insult their countries?
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by MutuYaChuma: 12:03am On Feb 12, 2012

How do you know that?
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by onila(f): 12:06am On Feb 12, 2012
afam4eva:

@OnilaNigeria is not better than those countries you listed considering the resources and potentials that's evident in those countries. If those countries had the human and material resources that we have they would have left behind.

Liberia, burkina faso, niger, sierra leone, ethiopia, somali, guinea, mali etc are one of the poorest countires in africa in both GDP n per capita. far lower than Nigeria
but people in these countries dont yabb their country the way we do
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by onila(f): 12:09am On Feb 12, 2012
Mutu Ya Chuma:

Nigeria is in the same basket as these countries.

Anyways: how would you know that they don't insult their countries?

because I hang around them, i visit some of their forums on facebook. most of the time they contructively criticize thier government rather than bashing or insulting their country
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by Afam4eva(m): 12:15am On Feb 12, 2012
@Onila Nwanne
What resources do those countries have compared to Nigeria? They're better considering what they have at their disposal. You can't compare them with Nigeria that has loads of human and mineral resources and cannot do anything meaningful with them.
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Feb 12, 2012
onila:

Liberia, burkina faso, niger, sierra leone, ethiopia, somali, guinea, mali etc are one of the poorest countires in africa in both GDP n per capita. far lower than Nigeria
but people in these countries dont yabb their country the way we do

I don't think you understand what you post at all. You admit the countries you list above do not have even half of what Nigeria has in terms of resources to develop their lot. So these people know they are poor and have no other choice but to accept that, it seems.

However, when it comes to Nigeria, I am at least happy that you admit we have tons more than the poor countries can boast of, in terms of resources, yet every which way you turn, these resources and riches remain far far away from the majority who live in this 'wealthy' country . . . .they are unable to enjoy their own birthright. If that is not enough to pi** anyone off bad, I don't know what else is.

Anyways, I am more concerned about why you make it your issue to question people's right to do express themselves on this issue? Must they praise the country to please you? Cause you do know this is about YOU and not about the country itself.
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by onila(f): 12:39am On Feb 12, 2012
congo is rich in mineral resources. liberia and sierraleone are also very rich in diamonds
these countries are also not making use of their resources
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Feb 12, 2012
onila:

congo is rich in mineral resources. liberia and sierraleone are also very rich in diamonds
these countries are also not making use of their resources

Not to the same extent that Nigeria is.

Also, I do have to ask. How do you know that the Congolese, many of whom have lost family and loved ones to the warring factions in their country, do not cause their countries? What [b]poll [/b]do you have to show that Nigerians cause their country more than Congolese or liberians or any other country out there?

Same question for any other country out there you mention next? Where did you get your report from?

I would like to know what exactly is the point of this thread?? What political information do you have to offer us here?
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by pleep(m): 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2012
There two types of intellectual i[i]dio[/i]ts most commonly found on the internet.

type 1. Doest listen to statisitics, polls etc, and claims they are made up

type 2. Doesnt listen to common sense unless its in a statistic.

Kobojunkie is i[i]di[/i]ot number #2 and there is no point debating with her.

That being said it is obvious that nigerians insult their country more than other groups in Africa. Its because of a lack of nationalism. We arent nationalistic because of several reasons, Ethnic dis-homogenity, religious dis-homegenity and no historical evens that could have brought the country together.

Compared to Nigeria Ethiopia is a pretty crappy place (no offense) but for the most part they have ethnic homogenity (several similar groups ruling the others) and important nationalistic events like fighting the italians and winning.

All the other crappy countries in africa that remain nationalistic are similar, they will all have some sort of homogenity be it religion, ethnicity or w/e
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by onila(f): 9:15pm On Feb 13, 2012
pleep:

There two types of intellectual i[i]dio[/i]ts most commonly found on the internet.

type 1. Doest listen to statisitics, polls etc, and claims they are made up

type 2. Doesnt listen to common sense unless its in a statistic.

Kobojunkie is i[i]di[/i]ot number #2 and there is no point debating with her.

That being said it is obvious that nigerians insult their country more than other groups in Africa. Its because of a lack of nationalism. We arent nationalistic because of several reasons, Ethnic dis-homogenity, religious dis-homegenity and no historical evens that could have brought the country together.

Compared to Nigeria Ethiopia is a pretty crappy place (no offense) but for the most part they have ethnic homogenity (several similar groups ruling the others) and important nationalistic events like fighting the italians and winning.

All the other crappy countries in africa that remain nationalistic are similar, they will all have some sort of homogenity be it religion, ethnicity or w/e

you are the smartest thing ever lived. .whats your major?

but I think Nigerians have pride. we are known to be most arrogant n cocky africans.
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by pleep(m): 2:13am On Feb 14, 2012
onila:

Haha i wish, i'm planning to major in business and/or economics. Then hopefully make enough money to fix some things. wink
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Feb 14, 2012
onila:

but I think Nigerians have pride. we are known to be most arrogant n cocky africans.

Of course you will agree with the irrational babble as long as it adds one for what you believe.

What a convenient way to quickly claim the unsubstantiated is true when there is no evidence past one's nose that it is.

Common sense does not exist in a void. What you and I know as common sense today is what has been tested and proven, there is data to show in so many cases, to be valid more times than not.  That a thing is considered common sense is as result of the common knowledge of evidence of it's validity through wide examinations and collating of numbers, statistics and facts on that issue.   These are the same facts, and statistics, your 'intellectual' friend there conveniently ignores and avoids daily.  grin grin grin

Anywho  . . . .you see the question I posed you earlier? They are still here for you to respond to.
Kobojunkie:

Not to the same extent that Nigeria is.

Also, I do have to ask. How do you know that the Congolese, many of whom have lost family and loved ones to the warring factions in their country, do not cause their countries? What [b]poll [/b]do you have to show that Nigerians cause their country more than Congolese or liberians or any other country out there?

Same question for any other country out there you mention next? Where did you get your report from?

I would like to know what exactly is the point of this thread?? What political information do you have to offer us here?
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by BlackPikiN(m): 3:17am On Feb 14, 2012
^^^Why are you showing us your 32?
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by onila(f): 3:34am On Feb 14, 2012
pleep:

Haha i wish, i'm planning to major in business and/or economics. Then hopefully make enough money to fix some things.  wink

you should study international development studies
Re: The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! by manchy7531: 11:21am On Feb 14, 2012
Because Nigeria is an irritant to the Biafran, a colony of infidels to the Arewan, a despoiler to the Niger Deltan and a mere geograhical expression to the Oduan

God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Ibb Denies Boko Haram Sponsor: / Tinubu: His Crack Addictions,forgeries, Embezzlement, Battles,travails &triumphs / Blame Nigerian Government For Flooding In Nigeria Not Cameroonians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.