Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha (5837 Views)

80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Rivers Govt: Amaechi’s Refusal To Appear Before Panel Is Admission Of Guilt. / Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by aljharem(m): 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2012
Mr Augustine Nwokocha, the Rivers Commissioner for Power, says the state government will soon provide constant electricity to the 23 local government areas.

Nwokocha, in a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Friday, said the improved power situation being experienced in the state was due to the re-conducting of “the Afam to Port Harcourt double circuit transmission lines.’’

He said that the government had partnered with the Transmission Company of Nigeria and the Port Harcourt Distribution Company to ensure that power generation was distributed evenly in the state.

According to him, government has embarked on a major update scheme of building injection sub-stations across the state.

“Government is also on the verge of mobilising contractors to go to site for the rural electrification project.’’

He also said that transformers were currently being installed across the state to expedite action on the process.

Nwokocha, however, advised the people to report any form of vandalism of cables, poles, street light fittings and transformers to the appropriate authorities. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/rivers-govt-to-provide-constant-electricity-nwokocha/
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
So power has improved in port harcourt?
who can confirm this, so i can move back to p.h?
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by aljharem(m): 10:58pm On Feb 11, 2012
diluminati:

So power has improved in port harcourt?
who can confirm this, so i can move back to p.h?

I really hope it is true wink
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by kelz88(f): 11:29pm On Feb 11, 2012
Until then. . . . . !!!
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by babaowo: 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2012
Mirage! Mirage!! Mirage!!!
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by ijigbamigb(m): 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2012
:-x
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by NeroPapas(m): 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2012
I can say authoritatively that electricity supply have really Improve in Some areas in Port Harcourt. Places like PH main town, Rumuomasi/Rumuibekwe, D-Line, Diobu, Elelenwo, Amadi Flats and so on. Only few areas within the state capital still experience epileptic power supply.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by highland(m): 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2012
This is a political statement to show that the Governor is working. What we need is for them to do it before coming to the press.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by RolandPet(m): 2:20pm On Feb 12, 2012
power has really improve, i hardly on my generator again, although im using both inverter too

@diluminati , u be freelancer?
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by ananchidi: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2012
This is good to hear, when is it coming to Lagos, it's like hell here in Alimosho while my street seem worse than Alimosho.

God of River State should help us
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by Proxytalk: 2:58pm On Feb 12, 2012
still erratic and operates sharing formula
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by idotman123: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2012
All these are political talks, Am in port-harcourt, i can't remember when we had light last, am telling u people the truth the only place we have improved power supply jst GRA AND RUMUOLA, any other place is jst like a dead zone, Please dont believe what this men are saying, All their speech always start with: we will, we shall, we are about to, we have notice that, i promise, very soon, between next year or month etc anytime any politicians make a comment that start with such statement above dont keep ur hear down, Why can they do it first before going to the press, Opioko people!
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by cawc: 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2012
For anybody to be stating categorically the power situation has improved in PH is economical with the truth. I live around Woji/ Elelenwon and i can tell you that my three generators and the one in madam shop works like there is no tomorrow.
This is more of a political statement than fact
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by Mucokey(m): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2012
Fathom city, ph
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by frankmoney(m): 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2012
Na lie o , we no get lyt !!!, ,
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by bedane: 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2012
Stay @ woji and this is surely trash talk cos electricity supply is still epileptic.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by bedane: 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2012
Stay @ woji and this is surely trash talk cos Electricity supply is still epileptic.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by overkillR(f): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2012
You're on point!
NeroPapas:

I can say authoritatively that electricity supply have really Improve in Some areas in Port Harcourt. Places like PH main town, Rumuomasi/Rumuibekwe, D-Line, Diobu, Elelenwo, Amadi Flats and so on. Only few areas within the state capital still experience epileptic power supply.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by kristiansmart: 4:20pm On Feb 12, 2012
Mirage!!! grin [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by Dibest(m): 4:24pm On Feb 12, 2012
overkill®:

You're on point!

It depends on your area, some areas like Trans Amadi, has steady electricity.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by Dibest(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2012
“Government is also on the verge of mobilising contractors to go to site for the rural electrification project.’’
I am aware that the contracts has been awarded.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by ikechukz(m): 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2012
vision 2020
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by mjkievo2(m): 4:58pm On Feb 12, 2012
House, there is no political jingle here. I happen to be the Operations Engineer liasing with Rivers State Power Plant commisioning Engineer. As at yesterday, we supplied them about 4.5mmscf of gas to do the initial start up of their turbine. They are currently generating 10MW (though to the Natinal grid for now) but hoping to ramp up to 60MW before this week ends.

Their turbine total capacity is 160MW which will be more than enough to give PH city 247 electricity.

I am non partisan but I think the Government should be commemnded on this one. grin
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by clip: 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2012
In my office area, electricity is mirage all because of the transformer that is damage/bad.In my house area ,at-least for the pass three days we having 10hrs daily power supply.Unlike before,i think there is improvement.
Please, continue where you stop last year :Massive road constructions.
Rivers State is working.
Thanks to Amaechi
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by hackney(m): 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
HahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahaha
HahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahaha

I guess this crap is targeted at the new generation that doesnt know our govt.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by Mobinga: 6:39pm On Feb 12, 2012
Very false. There has been no improvement in power whatsoever.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by mensdept: 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2012
Its very simple. Let "Nwokocha", who I'm sure has been to Abuja and London, come back a year from now with results from this typical B.S. If light has not been provided and constant in all the local govts, then he should be shot.

It's come to this.

Enough of deceiving and sending our people to an early grave.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
NeroPapas:

Why are Nigerians a problem?? @NeroPapas, the article tells you IT HAS NOT HAPPENED but here you are declaring IT ALREADY HAS and that YOU HAVE AUTHORITATIVELY measured what even the government has not even declared to happen. NA WA OOO!!!

Of course you will notice an improvement from time to time. The electricity sharing matrix is employed to give the illusion of improvement from time to time even when the total amount of electricity being shared barely changes. That has been the way since the late 1990s.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by just2nice(m): 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2012
The power supply has slightly improved though, especially in Elekahia/Rumuomasi area where I live.At least,we now get 10 hours electricity every day as compared to the abysmal 2-3 hours we were used to before.
Let's hope they improve on the current state though.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
just2nice:

The power supply has slightly improved though, especially in Elekahia/Rumuomasi area where  I live.At least,we now get 10 hours electricity every day as compared to the abysmal 2-3 hours we were used to before.
Let's hope they improve on the current state though.

Why not go out there to find out the places that are now recieving less so you could get your 10 hours of electricity this week or this month? Improving would mean that supply has increased. There is no evidence of that, so how can you state it is improving?

Search Nairaland, at least back to 2010, and you will find posts from others who have come here telling us of the 10 hours electricity improvement in the same Rumuomasi. How can the very same be considered an improvement in 2010, 2011, and now 2012? Gosh, you people make me want to claw my brain . . . . ROFL
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by LightSon(m): 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2012
Confirmed! Electricity supply has improved in Rumuomasi area for a week now. I hope however, that this improvement is for real, 'cos my 30 litre reserve has been untouched for a week now.
Re: Rivers Govt. To Provide Constant Electricity – Nwokocha by frankmoney(m): 12:04am On Feb 13, 2012
shocked na lie o, big lie WOJI no get lyt,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Democracy Day: Jonathan’s First Year Report - Leadership / Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 / Ayodele Fayose's Inauguration Ceremony Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.