Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Darwin's Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Darwin's Day (37767 Views)

Charles Darwin To Receive Apology From D Church Of England 4 Rejecting Evolution / Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes / Does Anyone Not Know About The Giant Hawk Moth: Darwin's Prediction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2012
Darwin's Day

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." (2 Peter 2:1)

Thousands of clergy have signed "An Open Letter Concerning Religion and Science." On the Sunday closest to Charles Darwin's birthday, these "pastors" eulogize him and endorse evolutionary science as compatible with the Bible. Here are five reasons why this idea is grossly wrong.

The Bible has absolutely no hint of ages of evolutionary development. Forcing the "days" of Genesis 1 to mean "ages" can be done, but there is no support for that idea in the rest of Scripture (Psalm 33:6-9, 148:5-6; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:3; Revelation 4:11; etc.).

Evolution is not observed at all today. Empirical science is based on observation and verification. Nothing (from bacteria to people) is "evolving" into a "higher order." Period.

Fossil data does not show any transitional forms. If evolution occurred prior to recorded history, it can only be documented by the fossils embedded in the water-deposited rocks of earth. Those "missing links" are still missing.

God's character absolutely forbids evolutionary methods. God's holiness demands truth, and His omniscience demands perfection. He cannot know what is best and then "create" something inferior. He wrote that He took six days to create the universe (Exodus 20:11). And He cannot lie!

God's stated purpose for creating excludes evolution. The creation reveals the Creator (Romans 1:20, Psalm 19:1-4), gives authority to the message of Jesus Christ (John 1:1-14, Colossians 1:16-18.), and is the foundation for the gospel and for worship (Revelation 14:6-7). Creating is what God does at the moment of the new birth (Ephesians 2:8-10). HMM III

For more . . . .

1 Like

Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2012
Re: Darwin's Day by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2012
^^^^^ that is a very foolish cartoon. its not even funny. tongue
Re: Darwin's Day by 5solas(m): 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Darwin's Day

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." (2 Peter 2:1)

Thousands of clergy have signed "An Open Letter Concerning Religion and Science."  On the Sunday closest to Charles Darwin's birthday, these "pastors" eulogize him and endorse evolutionary science as compatible with the Bible. Here are five reasons why this idea is grossly wrong.

The Bible has absolutely no hint of ages of evolutionary development Forcing the "days" of Genesis 1 to mean "ages" can be done, but there is no support for that idea in the rest of Scripture (Psalm 33:6-9, 148:5-6; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:3; Revelation 4:11; etc.).

Evolution is not observed at all today Empirical science is based on observation and verification.  Nothing (from bacteria to people) is "evolving" into a "higher order."  Period.

Fossil data does not show any transitional forms If evolution occurred prior to recorded history, it can only be documented by the fossils embedded in the water-deposited rocks of earth.  Those "missing links" are still missing.

God's character absolutely forbids evolutionary methods God's holiness demands truth, and His omniscience demands perfection.  He cannot know what is best and then "create" something inferior.  He wrote that He took six days to create the universe (Exodus 20:11).  And He cannot lie!

God's stated purpose for creating excludes evolution The creation reveals the Creator (Romans 1:20, Psalm 19:1-4), gives authority to the message of Jesus Christ (John 1:1-14, Colossians 1:16-18), and is the foundation for the gospel and for worship (Revelation 14:6-7).  Creating is what God does at the moment of the new birth (Ephesians 2:8-10).  HMM III

For More . . .

Great post, absolutely endorsed.
Re: Darwin's Day by UyiIredia(m): 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2012
Nice one, OLAADEGBU.
Re: Darwin's Day by divinereal: 5:40pm On Feb 16, 2012
Yeah but you believe in talking snakes, virgin births, angels, demons and the like with absolutely no evidence but a prehistoric book from the bronze ages written by primitive men but reject the evidence of evolution?

Religion makes plausible the most absurd stories! Faith based reasoning is the least effective method of understanding the universe and the world that we live in.

1 Like

Re: Darwin's Day by jayriginal: 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Darwin's Day

Thousands of clergy have signed "An Open Letter Concerning Religion and Science."  On the Sunday closest to Charles Darwin's birthday, these "pastors" eulogize him and endorse evolutionary science as compatible with the Bible. Here are five reasons why this idea is grossly wrong.

The Bible has absolutely no hint of ages of evolutionary development Forcing the "days" of Genesis 1 to mean "ages" can be done, but there is no support for that idea in the rest of Scripture (Psalm 33:6-9, 148:5-6; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:3; Revelation 4:11; etc.).

Evolution is not observed at all today Empirical science is based on observation and verification.  Nothing (from bacteria to people) is "evolving" into a "higher order."  Period.

Fossil data does not show any transitional forms If evolution occurred prior to recorded history, it can only be documented by the fossils embedded in the water-deposited rocks of earth.  Those "missing links" are still missing.

God's character absolutely forbids evolutionary methods God's holiness demands truth, and His omniscience demands perfection.  He cannot know what is best and then "create" something inferior.  He wrote that He took six days to create the universe (Exodus 20:11).  And He cannot lie!

God's stated purpose for creating excludes evolution The creation reveals the Creator (Romans 1:20, Psalm 19:1-4), gives authority to the message of Jesus Christ (John 1:1-14, Colossians 1:16-18), and is the foundation for the gospel and for worship (Revelation 14:6-7).  Creating is what God does at the moment of the new birth (Ephesians 2:8-10).  HMM III

For More . . .

I admire the bravery of some Christians, relentlessly dashing their heads against the cold hard rocks of logic and common sense.

1 Like

Re: Darwin's Day by ghostofsparta(m): 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2012
Religionists are funny and ridiculous, imagine the The Holy Confusion claiming the earth is 6,000 years and evolutionists are asserting its 4.54billion years old.

Re: Darwin's Day by Lasinoh: 11:46pm On Feb 18, 2012
Radioactive 'spiritual' decay = afterlife!!!!

I love it!!!! grin

Fancy a 'god' who is so mighty and can create all in 6 days and resting for 1 day to be worshipped.
Small problem. He is still resting and MAN has create his own Universe while he still sleeps.

Mu he he he he he

Because he lives. . . I can see tomorrow!!!! grin
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2012
Y'all should go get an afterlife. cool
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2012
Richard Dawkins, Darwin's arch apostle shoots himself in the foot again!

So Mr 'Atheist' Dawkins, what's the full title of your hero Darwin's seminal work? ', erm, oh God! 'By Steve Doughty

He is a militant atheist and the country’s foremost champion of Darwinist evolution – and he was on the radio to accuse Christians of being ignorant of the Bible.
When the tables were turned, however, an embarrassed Richard Dawkins was momentarily unable to name the full title of his scientific hero’s most famous work.
In his frustration, he even invoked the name of the deity in which he does not believe, resorting to a helpless: ‘Oh God.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101289/Richard-Dawkins-unable-remember-Charles-Darwins-seminal-work.html#ixzz1mrcvrawI
Re: Darwin's Day by ghostofsparta(m): 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

In his frustration, he even invoked the name of the deity in which he does not believe, resorting to a helpless: ‘Oh God.’

He didn't mean it, so does those that have known that the Yoruba Eshu is completely different from the christian's satan the devil and who still says 'ani ri e eshu' mean it?

Another instance -

What about does p0rn0graphy ladies that moan from climax or ecstasy and continuously yell "oh! my God" , do they mean it? Ofcourse not

There are certain words that mave mastered our tonugue, but I for one always caution my self not to mention in vain or anyhow the Christian God(i.e. Jew Jeovah), Islamic Allah(Arabs) and the Yoruba Olorun(wrong) Olodumare(correct).

Check out these pictures by atheists:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=865594.msg10225195#msg10225195

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=864678.msg10225397#msg10225397
Re: Darwin's Day by jayriginal: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Richard Dawkins, Darwin's arch apostle shoots himself in the foot again!

So Mr 'Atheist' Dawkins, what's the full title of your hero Darwin's seminal work? ',  erm, oh God! 'By Steve Doughty

He is a militant atheist and the country’s foremost champion of Darwinist evolution – and he was on the radio to accuse Christians of being ignorant of the Bible.
When the tables were turned, however, an embarrassed Richard Dawkins was momentarily unable to name the full title of his scientific hero’s most famous work.   

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101289/Richard-Dawkins-unable-remember-Charles-Darwins-seminal-work.html#ixzz1mrcvrawI

Dawkins is 70 years old I believe. At your young age, tell me you have never had a memory failure. In the end, he was able to recall the 21 word title. Its stated there in the link you posted.

As for the "oh god" you rejoice in, you amaze me. What does that mean. Christians say things like "Ogun kill your papa". Does that mean they believe in Ogun ?

If you have kids, you will probably tell them about Santa Claus. Does that make him real ?
Im no believer in god or Allah, yet I say Insha Allah, god bless you, god punish you, etc. Sometimes someone asks me a question as to well being and to keep things short and simple, I gesture with my hands and say "thank god".
Some of the less perceptive of my friends try to make a point out of this and say "which god ? Shebi you dont believe in god ?".  Its simple really; its a habit of speech. I do not plan on looking for substitutes for those phrases as they serve me well and get my point across. If I say "god punish you" for instance, I have no illusions about what I'm saying.
So Ola, there really is nothing to celebrate in the fact that an atheist said "oh god"

ghostofsparta:

There are certain words that have mastered our tongue

True.
ghostofsparta:

What about does indecency ladies that moan from climax or ecstasy and continuously yell "oh! my God" , do they mean it? Ofcourse not

They also yell out "oh my f.uck.ing god".
Maybe Ola worships a f.uck.ing god.  undecided
Re: Darwin's Day by ghostofsparta(m): 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^^^
@Jayoriginal

Since you are not into any religion, which are you?

atheist, freethinker, secular, none??
Re: Darwin's Day by jayriginal: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
ghostofsparta:

^^^^
@Jayoriginal

Since you are not into any religion, which are you?

atheist, freethinker, secular, none??
In the strictest sense I am an a-theist since I do not believe in any of the gods available to mankind. However, I personally do not like labels. I am myself.
Labels are a cheap way for people to attack you without adhering to considerations like objectivity, logic or even truth. They do that a lot on nairaland.
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Feb 22, 2012
jayriginal:

Dawkins is 70 years old I believe. At your young age, tell me you have never had a memory failure. In the end, he was able to recall the 21 word title. Its stated there in the link you posted.

The point is that he failed woefully when he tasted his own medicine.

jayriginal:

As for the "oh god" you rejoice in, you amaze me. What does that mean. Christians say things like "Ogun kill your papa". Does that mean they believe in Ogun ?
If you have kids, you will probably tell them about Santa Claus. Does that make him real ?
Im no believer in god or Allah, yet I say Insha Allah, god bless you, god punish you, etc. Sometimes someone asks me a question as to well being and to keep things short and simple, I gesture with my hands and say "thank god".
Some of the less perceptive of my friends try to make a point out of this and say "which god ? Shebi you dont believe in god ?".  Its simple really; its a habit of speech. I do not plan on looking for substitutes for those phrases as they serve me well and get my point across. If I say "god punish you" for instance, I have no illusions about what I'm saying.
So Ola, there really is nothing to celebrate in the fact that an atheist said "oh god"
True.They also yell out "oh my f.uck.ing god".
Maybe Ola worships a f.uck.ing god.  undecided

Atheists suffer from what is called "Intellectual Schizophrenia", which is a form of self deception where they attempt to convince themselves that they don't believe in God, they actually believe in God but they suppress the truth in unrighteousness by rejecting the biblical God who is angry at them because of their treason. Some of our so called Christians fall into the same category as some of us live as if God doesn't exist, they say what they don't mean and don't mean what they say as opposed to saying what they mean and meaning what they say.
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2012
jayriginal:

In the strictest sense I am an a-theist since I do not believe in any of the gods available to mankind. However, I personally do not like labels. I am myself.
Labels are a cheap way for people to attack you without adhering to considerations like objectivity, logic or even truth. They do that a lot on nairaland.

You are actually an intellectual schizophrenic. cool
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2012
Re: Darwin's Day by jayriginal: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The point is that he failed woefully when he tasted his own medicine.

I disagree. He eventually was able to recall the full title. Its a small point compared to the rest of what you wrote.

OLAADEGBU:

Atheists suffer from what is called "Intellectual Schizophrenia", which is a form of self deception where they attempt to convince themselves that they don't believe in God, they actually believe in God but they suppress the truth in unrighteousness by rejecting the biblical God who is angry at them because of their treason.  Some of our so called Christians fall into the same category as some of us live as if God doesn't exist, they say what they don't mean and don't mean what they say as opposed to saying what they mean and meaning what they say.

I wonder who is engaging in self deception here and who the "Intellectual Schizophrenic" is. You pretending to believe in a being that you have scanty evidence for, or the one who does not believe. Allah, Ogun, Sango and the rest are angry with you because of your treason. In any case, your statement above is mere wishful thinking. Feel free to cherish your illusions.

OLAADEGBU:

You are actually an intellectual schizophrenic. cool
My dear charlatan, I still don't believe in your God.
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47am On Feb 23, 2012
jayriginal:

I disagree. He eventually was able to recall the full title. Its a small point compared to the rest of what you wrote.

After how many hours? undecided I can give you other clips where he suffered temporal memory loss when asked a pertinent question.

jayriginal:

I wonder who is engaging in self deception here and who the "Intellectual Schizophrenic" is. You pretending to believe in a being that you have scanty evidence for, or the one who does not believe. Allah, Ogun, Sango and the rest are angry with you because of your treason. In any case, your statement above is mere wishful thinking. Feel free to cherish your illusions.

I can give you evidence for the existence of God and why there has to be a God. I can equally prove to you that you are an intellectual schizophrenic, who knows of the existence of God but you are trying to convince yourself that you do not believe in God, this is also called an iterated belief. All those gods you mentioned up their are all going to meet their waterloo before the Judgment Day of the Lord.

jayriginal:

My dear charlatan, I still don't believe in your God.

You may not believe in your Creator God but you do know of His existence.
Re: Darwin's Day by jayriginal: 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

After how many hours? undecided  I can give you other clips where he suffered temporal memory loss when asked a pertinent question.
There are more interesting things.

OLAADEGBU:

I can give you evidence for the existence of God and why there has to be a God.
I think I've heard just about all the "evidence" there is. Unless you have something new, I'll pass.

OLAADEGBU:

I can equally prove to you that you are an intellectual schizophrenic, who knows of the existence of God but you are trying to convince yourself that you do not believe in God, this is also called an iterated belief.
Now this is interesting. How do you prove the above ? I'd like to see you try. Thinking about it, it should be far easier for me to prove that you are a humbug.

OLAADEGBU:

You may not believe in your Creator God but you do know of His existence.
Your writing the above does not make it so. I'd like to know how you know this.
EDIT: How can I know of the existence of a being who created me and not believe in that being ?  undecided I hope you are not going to try to make the argument that knowing about a story is the same thing as believing that the story really happened.
OLAADEGBU:

All those gods you mentioned up their are all going to meet their waterloo before the Judgment Day of the Lord.
Well here, you are in the minority. Its your one god against the others. The odds are that he will be the one to meet his waterloo. And please dont bring up your "one with god is a majority" or anything similar. Its rubbish.
Re: Darwin's Day by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
jayriginal:

I wonder who is engaging in self deception here and who the "Intellectual Schizophrenic" is.

"Intellectual Schizophrenic" must be the new term coined by the geniuses at Answers in genesis, creation institute or some other christian apologetics cesspit he gets the bs from. The guy has no original thought in his head. If AIG  decided that evolution is real tomorrow, he'll be on this site armed with the links and a few brain dead cartoons.

They are also rejoicing because Dawkins said, "oh god"!!!!! That's just god damned pathetic. See, I said "god" too!! The funny thing is that they are the ones making a big deal out of Darwin's birthday, because most people don't know or care!!! How weird is that?
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25am On Feb 24, 2012
jayriginal:

There are more interesting things.

It is good that you agreed that Richard Dawkins is now becoming a joker that no one is taking serious anymore.

jayriginal:

I think I've heard just about all the "evidence" there is. Unless you have something new, I'll pass.

Why don't you tell us what you know so that I don't have to repeat myself?

jayriginal:

Now this is interesting. How do you prove the above ? I'd like to see you try. Thinking about it, it should be far easier for me to prove that you are a humbug.

Would you then have faith in God if I prove to you that you do know that God exists?

jayriginal:

Your writing the above does not make it so. I'd like to know how you know this.

I hope you agree that information is non material and in all observed cases they always require an intelligent sender, how then did all the information contained in the DNA originate?

jayriginal:

EDIT: How can I know of the existence of a being who created me and not believe in that being ? undecided I hope you are not going to try to make the argument that knowing about a story is the same thing as believing that the story really happened.

It's what is called an iterated belief; its a belief about a belief. cool

jayriginal:

Well here, you are in the minority. Its your one god against the others. The odds are that he will be the one to meet his waterloo. And please dont bring up your "one with god is a majority" or anything similar. Its rubbish.

The Creator God, who is the all-powerful, all knowing and ever present God that is angry at you should be the terrifying prospect.
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On Feb 24, 2012
Martian:

"Intellectual Schizophrenic" must be the new term coined by the geniuses at Answers in genesis, creation institute or some other christian apologetics cesspit he gets the bs from. The guy has no original thought in his head. If AIG decided that evolution is real tomorrow, he'll be on this site armed with the links and a few brain dead cartoons.

Did you mean Intellectual Schizophrenia? Are you sure that the likes of Richard Dawkins and your atheist evolutionist lecturers have not inspired you in any way?

Martian:

They are also rejoicing because Dawkins said, "oh god"!!!!! That's just god damned pathetic. See, I said "god" too!! The funny thing is that they are the ones making a big deal out of Darwin's birthday, because most people don't know or care!!! How weird is that?

The more reason why you guys cannot exist without visiting and contributing to Christian topics on the religion section.
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2012
[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20020225.gif[/img]

Are they really thinking independently?
Re: Darwin's Day by jayriginal: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It is good that you agreed that Richard Dawkins is now becoming a joker that no one is taking serious anymore.
Not at all. I'm simply saying there are more interesting things for me to deal with in your post. Its a non issue for me that he mentioned "god" for reasons given previously. Its also immaterial for me that he momentarily forgot a title of 21 words. What I m interested in, is seeing how you will prove to me that I believe in your god.

OLAADEGBU:

Why don't you tell us what you know so that I don't have to repeat myself?
Here I'll assume you have nothing new to contribute. Lets move on.

OLAADEGBU:

Would you then have faith in God if I prove to you that you do know that God exists?
Stop running away from the issue. Dont you want to save my "soul" ? Prove to me that I know god exists.

OLAADEGBU:

I hope you agree that information is non material and in all observed cases they always require an intelligent sender, how then did all the information contained in the DNA originate?
So your "god" did it ? Why not Allah ? Or anyone of the other "gods" ? How about a combination of gods ? On what basis do you conclude your god is the one and others are false. Since you have taken it upon yourself to define terms, let me tell you what the dictionary calls information.

knowledge communicated or received concerning a particular fact or circumstance; news: information concerning a crime.
knowledge gained through study, communication, research, instruction, etc.; factual data:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/information
Even gibberish can hold information. Information does not always like you have stated, require an intelligent sender. I hope that this is not your way of proving god because if it is, you would have failed from the onset.
OLAADEGBU:

It's what is called an iterated belief; its a belief about a belief. cool
I program. I know about iterations  cool I'm not even sure your definition supports what you say. Try another term (though I understand what you are trying to say, and your god belief fits quite nicely there).

re·it·er·ate
verb (used with object), -at·ed, -at·ing.
to say or do again or repeatedly; repeat, often excessively.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reiteration
You still havent answered my question. You are simply assuming.

OLAADEGBU:

The Creator God, who is the all-powerful, all knowing and ever present God that is angry at you should be the terrifying prospect.

One god, all gods. They are all the same. I keep telling you your god is outnumbered. Be afraid! Be very afraid!!
Re: Darwin's Day by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Lol, is that what the church leaders tell their fear ridden congregation. In Christianity, there's a thin line between love and terrorism. If the judeo Christian god actually existed, he would be the epitome of terrorism.

If I'm capable of creating nuclear fusion by just speaking it into existence, why would I be worried about humans who can barely leave their tiny planet?
Re: Darwin's Day by PA1982(f): 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Where do humans with blue eyes come from?
http://www.livescience.com/9578-common-ancestor-blue-eyes.html
Re: Darwin's Day by jayriginal: 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2012
Martian:

Lol, is that what the church leaders tell their fear ridden congregation. In Christianity, there's a thin line between love and terrorism. If the judeo Christian god actually existed, he would be the epitome of terrorism.

You know, I wrote paragraphs after your previous post, buttressing you. However at the last minute, I wiped it all off.
I dont want to give Ola a soft landing. Either he proves the impossible or he watches his mouth next time around.

Martian:

If I'm capable of creating nuclear fusion by just speaking it into existence, why would I be worried about humans who can barely leave their tiny planet?
god never changes is a mantra.
However god was sufficiently scared of its creation to destroy the tower of Babel.
Today god has recovered from its inferiority complex to endure missions to mars, the moon et al.
it is so cool with it, it even lets us build space stations.
Too bad it doesnt exist  undecided
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35am On Feb 25, 2012
jayriginal:

Not at all. I'm simply saying there are more interesting things for me to deal with in your post. Its a non issue for me that he mentioned "god" for reasons given previously. Its also immaterial for me that he momentarily forgot a title of 21 words. What I m interested in, is seeing how you will prove to me that I believe in your god.

Have you heard of the sayings that If you live in glass house don't throw stones?  Richard Dawkins started by accusing most Christians of not knowing the books of the Bible and when he was asked if he could say the title of Darwin he started to call on God whom he has rejected.

jayriginal:

Here I'll assume you have nothing new to contribute. Lets move on.

You've heard it all, right?

jayriginal:

Stop running away from the issue. Dont you want to save my "soul" ? Prove to me that I know god exists.

I said, are you going to believe in God if I prove that you know God?

jayriginal:

So your "god" did it ? Why not Allah ? Or anyone of the other "gods" ? How about a combination of gods ? On what basis do you conclude your god is the one and others are false. Since you have taken it upon yourself to define terms, let me tell you what the dictionary calls information.

That is a Strawman's argument, answer my question.

jayriginal:

Even gibberish can hold information. Information does not always like you have stated, require an intelligent sender. I hope that this is not your way of proving god because if it is, you would have failed from the onset.

Do you know what a DNA is?  If so can you tell me how the information in it originated?

jayriginal:

I program. I know about iterations  cool I'm not even sure your definition supports what you say. Try another term (though I understand what you are trying to say, and your god belief fits quite nicely there).

What I meant is the repeated attempt to convince yourself to belief that there is no God.

jayriginal:

You still havent answered my question. You are simply assuming.

Will you have faith in the Creator God if I should prove that you know He exists?

jayriginal:

One god, all gods. They are all the same. I keep telling you your god is outnumbered. Be afraid! Be very afraid!!

If you don't bow to Jesus at the Cross you will at the Great White Judgment throne.
Re: Darwin's Day by PA1982(f): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2012
No answer on the subject of where blue eyes come from?
Re: Darwin's Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2012
PA1982:

No answer on the subject of where blue eyes come from?

Why don't you tell us? Or do you think mutation is evolution?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fufeyin: I Saw The Death Of Abba Kyari, Prayed About It But It's The Will Of God / PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} / ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.