Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Definition Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Definition Of God (4934 Views)

The True Definition Of Athiesm / Flaws Definition Of God Exposes In Atheism / The Definition Of Divine Harmony - Understanding Creation & Non-interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Definition Of God by allonym: 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2006
there is only one way you can 1 + 1.

How do you think calculators add 1 + 1? They do it in binary. . . and by some magical stroke, it comes out as 2. A number that doesn't exist in binary, which you claim is not equivalent to 10 in binary.

You picked a bad example to try to make your point. But i'm a nice guy. I'll let you make up some other example which you know enough about to have an intelligent conversation.

Seriously, there are kids who have a better grasp of math than you are showing at the moment.
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2006
@allonym
i just saw this
Seriously, what schools did the two of you goto?

for your information. i went to one pf the top schools in my city geddit? and im sure nicetohave did so too atleast to have been able to reach where he is now, i dont supposed you know that

anyway, now tell me , what school did youuuuuuuuuu also go to and which teacher of your's taught you this
goto
it is go to and not goto geddit?
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 9:19pm On Mar 24, 2006
Seriously, there are kids who have a better grasp of math than you are showing at the moment

and seriously, there are grown- ups who have a better understanding of the english language than you showing here!!!
Re: Definition Of God by allonym: 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2006
Rhodalyn:

@allonym
i just saw this
for your information. i went to one pf the top schools in my city geddit? and im sure nicetohave did so too atleast to have been able to reach where he is now, i don't supposed you know that

anyway, now tell me , what school did youuuuuuuuuu also go to and which teacher of your's taught you this it is go to and not goto geddit?

Perhaps you cannot read. I never said you made the satement about christians. What you did is misinterpret what nicetohave said. Which I have quoted over over and over again. The fact you are still making mistakes suggests you are lacking in reading comprehension skills. This does not speak well for your school, considering that you claim to be in the top of your class.
Re: Definition Of God by nicetohave(m): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2006
allonym:

there is only one way you can 1 + 1.

How do you think calculators add 1 + 1? They do it in binary. . . and by some magical stroke, it comes out as 2. A number that doesn't exist in binary, which you claim is not equivalent to 10 in binary.

You picked a bad example to try to make your point. But i'm a nice guy. I'll let you make up some other example which you know enough about to have an intelligent conversation.

Seriously, there are kids who have a better grasp of math than you are showing at the moment.

Indeed allonym, and i presume you are no better than those kids.

because no matter how many ways it is explained to you, you cant grasp a simple concept how on earth do i expect you to grasp a more intricate one?

as i said earlier, the purpose of this is the definition of God. To start with we wont be talking about a defintion for God if none existed; i have read what you stated as generally acceptable, i have stated what i know God to be;

what is your definition of God, allonym?
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2006
come on mr grown up show some maturity

you're just confusing yourself here, i did not misinterpret what anyone said!!!! i just explained what i said geddit?[i dont suppose you do because you're just proving your unintelligence and [color=#006600]lack of simple understanding!!!, an understanding that a 2year old will find very [/color] easy]

satement
the word is not
satement
it's
statement
!!! you need to rehearse your spelling!!! thats your home work
Re: Definition Of God by nicetohave(m): 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2006
Rhodalyn please do not assign an homework to allonymn that will be asking too much, he lacks tact and understanding in many things.

I am yet to see a definition of God from you, perhaps you have none.
Re: Definition Of God by allonym: 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2006
I have already stated that God cannot be defined.

I guess you forgot.

Rhodalyn, return to your much needed studies.
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2006
@nicetohave
i guess we better leave him he's got a big problem that only God can help him through including his lack of understanding we've got better things to do with our time than teaching ''a so called grown- up'' who cant even understand simple everyday language
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 9:39pm On Mar 24, 2006
ALLONYM back to grade 1!!!!!! quick!!!!!!!
Re: Definition Of God by allonym: 9:40pm On Mar 24, 2006
Rhodalyn:

@nicetohave
i guess we better leave him he's got a big problem that only God can help him through including his lack of understanding we've got better things to do with our time than teaching ''a so called grown- up'' who can't even understand simple everyday language

Rhodalyn, you were never explaining anything that you said
Rhodalyn:

it makes a lot of sense, maybe you don't understand it and mind you, it isnt just like saying ''although all of them are boys, some are girls''!!!!

it's like saying '' although christians do not believe in gods, non christians do!!! and thats why they've got to be specific about which God they're referring to GEDDIT/

In this post, the statement you were explaining was not said by you. Perhaps you are suffering from an identity crises with nicetohave?
Re: Definition Of God by nicetohave(m): 9:41pm On Mar 24, 2006
Rhodalyn:

ALLONYM back to grade 1!!!!!! quick!!!!!!!

as much as i hate to admit this, but i agree with you Rhodalyn.

so God cannot be defined? well thats one way to go.

maybe we should give more meaningful contributions a chance then.
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2006
@nicetohave

lets check whats hot on other threads and leave this loser to his troubles
Re: Definition Of God by nicetohave(m): 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2006
aight!

will be back here when more meaningful posts appear
Re: Definition Of God by allonym: 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2006
Engage christians in a discussion, eventually, they will flee. Cannot for the life of them defend their great religion or God.
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2006
nicetohave:

aight!

will be back here when more meaningful posts appear
wink same here, for all we know, we might get polluted with the lack of understanding, we dont want that, do we? wink we're way toooooooo good for that wink
Re: Definition Of God by nicetohave(m): 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2006
allonym:

Engage christians in a discussion, eventually, they will flee. Cannot for the life of them defend their great religion or God.

My God needs no one to defend him, no one is qualified to do so.

as for fleeing, if you call it that but thats what the precepts of christianity teaches:

A man that is a heretic after the first and second admonition, reject. Titus 3:10

you can fault me in many things but you cant fault me for running according to the dictates of my belief, unlike you whose only guiding light is sense and logic.
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2006
word!!!!![ dont bother wasting your time on him nicetohave, he still wont get it, the disease wont permit him to understand, it's contagious
Re: Definition Of God by allonym: 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2006
Funny, they want to leave, but can't help but come back.

Its ok, I understand.
Re: Definition Of God by t4cash(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2006
Again, allonym I am sorry

Every English word "necessarily" MUST have a (standard) definition to be an English word.

Of course words also have denotations and connotations as well as idioms of usage. These are more subjective in nature and we can argue about what they are. but every English word has a definition. Thats what Dictionaries are for.

I have seen your posts on other threads, seeems you enjoy trouble sha cheesy
Re: Definition Of God by allonym: 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2006
t4cash:

Again, allonym I am sorry

Every English word "necessarily" MUST have a (standard) definition to be an English word.

Of course words also have denotations and connotations as well as idioms of usage. These are more subjective in nature and we can argue about what they are. but every English word has a definition. Thats what Dictionaries are for.

I have seen your posts on other threads, seeems you enjoy trouble sha cheesy

According to who? What is the definition of undefined? Aren't all definitions supposed to be non recursive? Ie, you cannot use a word to define a word, and to a lesser degree, you can't use a root of a word to define it.

Or, perhaps, it is not that God cannot be defined, just that there currently does not exist proper terminology or ideas or . . . I'm drawing a blank for the word i want . . . to define God.
Re: Definition Of God by Typewriter(m): 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2006
GOD IS GOD
a Potter and a creator
to me He is Lord of Lords
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2006
I have seen your posts on other threads, seeems you enjoy trouble sha  

i noticed the same thing tooooo trouble trouble trouble and the most annoying thing is that he's always[i] WRONG[/i]!!!

allonym:

Funny, they want to leave, but can't help but come back.

Its ok, I understand.
that english is wrong!!!!
they want to leave, but can't help but come back.
totology
Re: Definition Of God by Typewriter(m): 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2006
pls keep to the post and a void sacrilege here OK?
Re: Definition Of God by allonym: 11:02pm On Mar 24, 2006
I would like to know why anyone should avoid sacrilege, but that would be straying from the topic.

Explain to me though, how a discussion about the definition of God is not a part of this topic. . .

Wait, nm, that too would be offtopic.
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 12:03am On Mar 25, 2006
Typewriter:

please keep to the post and a void sacrilege here OK?
everything has already been dealt with
Re: Definition Of God by burteeone(m): 3:22am On Mar 25, 2006
@ allonym
allonym:

I would like to know why anyone should avoid sacrilege, but that would be straying from the topic.

Explain to me though, how a discussion about the definition of God is not a part of this topic. . .

Wait, nm, that too would be offtopic.

hmmm you don't have anything doing with the topic.

Topic is just to capture your attention, so that you partake in this tread. Tell us and how did you regardS ROCK OF AGES,
Re: Definition Of God by TYPOP(m): 12:54pm On Mar 25, 2006
@ Rhodalyn

You are doing a great job. I could not see what started all this in a thread I loved to come back to anytime I am online. P –L – E – A – S – E can we bury our differences so peace can reign. Thanks.
And same goes for @allonym and @nicetohave
God bless.
Re: Definition Of God by EddyTells(m): 9:05am On Mar 28, 2006
see christain fighting over definition of God
Re: Definition Of God by allonym: 5:09pm On Mar 28, 2006
Eddy Tells:

see christain fighting over definition of God

you surprised?
Re: Definition Of God by Rhodalyn(f): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2006
TYPOP:

@ Rhodalyn

You are doing a great job. I could not see what started all this in a thread I loved to come back to anytime I am online. P –L – E – A – S – E can we bury our differences so peace can reign. Thanks.
And same goes for @allonym and @nicetohave
God bless.
sure, why not wink i aint got time for him you know wink wink we've buried our differences wink
Re: Definition Of God by burteeone(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2006
hey room, if God cannot be define, then how come's we acknowledge Him. Please you can tell us what God says He is in your own meaning, that's all, we need to know infinite meaning of God. Every one of us have is own ideas, and we cogigate not the same. How did you acknowledge your God?

Sorry my english is bad , but u understand me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can We Recognise False Teachers? / Ex-blind People Association Of Nigeria: Thank God For Healing Us / See How Pastor Paul Enenche's Children Reacted When He Did This To Their Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.