Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Does God Answer Short Prayers Like Mine? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Answer Short Prayers Like Mine? (909 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? / Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does God Answer Short Prayers Like Mine? by binhozie(m): 1:11am On Feb 15, 2012
Please does God answer short prayers? Prayers that last at most 2 minutes? I find it very difficult to pray for long periods, so i just mumble what i have to pray about In 2 minutes and i'm done. Is it Wrong to pray that way?
Re: Does God Answer Short Prayers Like Mine? by Goshen360(m): 2:41am On Feb 15, 2012
Romans 8:26

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.(KJV).
Re: Does God Answer Short Prayers Like Mine? by Joagbaje(m): 5:33am On Feb 15, 2012
There are different kinds of prayers . That's what determine how short or how long. Such as prayer of faith, intercession,worship,imprecations,agreement, supplication,meditation, etc.

Most people see prayer as "asking God something. The primary purpose of prayer is fellowship with God . When you see is that way you start learning how to stay longer. There's a place for short prayer and there's place for devotion. Every christian must learn to pray long. Speaking in tongues alone may take you some 30 minutes to an hour daily (which I wil recomend) . Not to talk of worship, meditation etc. and there's place for intercession. Where you pray for others . Actually every christian ought to first be an intercessor.

1 Timothy 2:1-2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

So you wake up early , 4 or 5am if you put these things to work ,you would have spent at least an hour or two in prayer. Praying about your need comes last.

The short prayer thing are like the appetizers . In between meals. You may do them randomly during the day. In toilet, bus stops . Or when sme issue arise. The short prayer should never take the place of devotional fellowship.

(1) (Reply)

Earthmen: You Are In The Midst Of A Great Spiritual Battle / My Words To Robert Spencer By Dr. Mohsen El-guindy / Proof Google Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.