Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10064) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8864935 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10061) (10062) (10063) (10064) (10065) (10066) (10067) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 02, 2021
A protest happening within the same time all verified football accounts are boycotting social media, which means no form of communication as to when the match will start except the live blog. Laughable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:08pm On May 02, 2021
Nah when the match go come start now??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:13pm On May 02, 2021
Is this Match gonna hold at all?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 5:14pm On May 02, 2021
this match can't be played tonight... I suspect it would be postponed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 5:15pm On May 02, 2021
wat a disgrace of a whole "richest" club...spitss

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2021
weedtaker:
yea, wanted him here after Jose was sacked, Ole is doing well, so no stress.

I see him having a future at athletico madrid Madrid..

He likes aggressive teams
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:28pm On May 02, 2021
KingAlabi:

Making sure Liverpool end up in the Europa league.
And you're so confident that we're going to beat them? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:29pm On May 02, 2021
KingAlabi:

Have we conceded 4 goals away this season?
I have watched football too long to know nothing is impossible

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2021
Oasis007:

4 goals Difference? Our fringe Players should be able to hold out nau.
Until it happens and we're back to abusing Ole and the players here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:32pm On May 02, 2021
eph12:

And you're so confident that we're going to beat them? cheesy cheesy
Not confident, but I want us to beat them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:33pm On May 02, 2021
eph12:

I have watched football too long to know nothing is impossible

Let's just hope Fred doesn't come out with his rainboats then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:34pm On May 02, 2021
eph12:

Until it happens and we're back to abusing Ole and the players here

grin

Are we gonna be surprised? Nope. Pained? Yep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 5:37pm On May 02, 2021
The game have been postponed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:42pm On May 02, 2021
Just watched highlight of that game against City where we were 2 goals down but came back to win...

Big props to Sanchez and Pogba...

Sanchez for that performance alone earned my support just like Owen for that last minute winner...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:43pm On May 02, 2021
raumdeuter:
Roland17 and afrodoc

Can you explain to me what the Glazers are doing wrong or not doing that is causing this riot

Look at it from an investor POV and if you were the owner what would you do differently

LOL. Why should fans who just want to win titles look at it from POV of owners who are interested only in making money.

The grievances are many but i don't want to get into another long debate with Pro-Glazer people here so i will summarize.

2004: Manchester United was debt free and able to compete in the market with just about anyone.

2005: Glazers bought the club on a high interest loan which they now passed on completely to the club to pay. Instantaneously turning a profitable club into a debt ridden one. Since then the club has had to pay over 1 billion pounds in loan repayments and interest payments. 1 billion pounds that might have been spent on things like players, coaching recruitment and facilities had the Glazers not bought the club.

There is a reason Ronaldo was replaced by one leg Owen and no brain Obertan. Ferguson's ingenuity was what was papering over the cracks and everything collapsed as soon as he retired. In the past few seasons every time we make Champions League instead of supporting the manager in the next window the Glazers cut back on spending since their own target has been achieved.

You can imagine a fan of the club living in Manchester who has seen how the Glazers bought the club and took 1 billion pounds out of the club without spending any part of their own money, then who now sees Man City bought by owners who invested 1 billion of their own money into the club buying players, employing coaches, upgrading the academy and the facilities.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:46pm On May 02, 2021
Following discussion between the Police, The Premier League, Trafford Council and the clubs, our match against Liverpool has been postponed due to safety and security considerations around the protest today. Discussions will now take place with the Premier League on a revised date for the fixture.

Our fans are passionate about Manchester United, and we completely acknowledge the right to free expression and peaceful protest.

However, we regret the disruption to the team and actions which put other fans, staff, and the police in danger. We thank the police for their support and will assist them in any subsequent investigations.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 5:47pm On May 02, 2021
raumdeuter:
Roland17 and afrodoc

Can you explain to me what the Glazers are doing wrong or not doing that is causing this riot

Look at it from an investor POV and if you were the owner what would you do differently

The Glazers are running the club without the fans and this is quite similar to what is happening at Arsenal. They have absolutely abandoned and alienated the fans and failed to engage them in the process of making very critical decisions. The last fan participation dates 5 years ago, I stand corrected.

Have they exactly invested in the club and it’s facilities? They have not invested in the stadium as Old Trafford has not had any recent renovation. They are running the club like typical American business men. Like Arsenal, United is virtually running on a self sustained model. So that means, it is revenue from merchandise, tickets and other revenue sources that is keeping United and Arsenal afloat.

Worsestill, the debt profile of Manchester United has increased astronomically over the last 5 years and this is with the Glazers cashing out. The debt profile of United will be worse than the what the Glazers inherited which speaks volume of how the club is being run.

From an investor POV, I will be careful not to distort the identity and history of the club while trying to make money. The self sustaining model is a difficult one to sustain especially in the UK when the consider the economic system. This is not about buying FRIDGE and Aaron Nwa Bissaka”. The idea behind ESL was just the crowing of the thorn.

The Glazers ownership is different from City’s.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:48pm On May 02, 2021
KingAlabi:

Not confident, but I want us to beat them.
OK
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:58pm On May 02, 2021
Roland17:

The Glazers are running the club without the fans and this is quite similar to what is happening at Arsenal. They have absolutely abandoned and alienated the fans and failed to engage them in the process of making very critical decisions. The last fan participation dates 5 years ago, I stand corrected.

Have they exactly invested in the club and it’s facilities? They have not invested in the stadium as Old Trafford has not had any recent renovation. They are running the club like typical American business men. Like Arsenal, United is virtually running on a self sustained model. So that means, it is revenue from merchandise, tickets and other revenue sources that is keeping United and Arsenal afloat.

Worsestill, the debt profile of Manchester United has increased astronomically over the last 5 years and this is with the Glazers cashing out. The debt profile of United will be worse than the what the Glazers inherited which speaks volume of how the club is being run.

From an investor POV, I will be careful not to distort the identity and history of the club while trying to make money. The self sustaining model is a difficult one to sustain especially in the UK when the consider the economic system. This is not about buying FRIDGE and Aaron Nwa Bissaka”. The idea behind ESL was just the crowing of the thorn.

Well said. And to just correct something. Man Utd had no debt before the Glazers. The debt started when "audio" billionaires decided to buy a big club without spending a dollar of their own money.

There was a day i watched a game in the top tier of the SAF stand. I had to use a suspicious looking staircase that looked quite rickety. In recent years the stadium has not had any real improvements apart from adding more seats (to increase match revenue)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:58pm On May 02, 2021
afrodoc2:

LOL. Why should fans who just want to win titles look at it from POV of owners who are interested only in making money.

The grievances are many but i don't want to get into another long debate with Pro-Glazer people here so i will summarize.

2004: Manchester United was debt free and able to compete in the market with just about anyone.

2005: Glazers bought the club on a high interest loan which they now passed on completely to the club to pay. Instantaneously turning a profitable club into a debt ridden one. Since then the club has had to pay over 1 billion pounds in loan repayments and interest payments. 1 billion pounds that might have been spent on things like players, coaching recruitment and facilities had the Glazers not bought the club.

There is a reason Ronaldo was replaced by one leg Owen and no brain Obertan. Ferguson's ingenuity was what was papering over the cracks and everything collapsed as soon as he retired. In the past few seasons every time we make Champions League instead of supporting the manager in the next window the Glazers cut back on spending since their own target has been achieved.

You can imagine a fan of the club living in Manchester who has seen how the Glazers bought the club and took 1 billion pounds out of the club without spending any part of their own money, then who now sees Man City bought by owners who invested 1 billion of their own money into the club buying players, employing coaches, upgrading the academy and the facilities.

Wait, have they not spent the same 1 billion on the club as well? Why are the fans interested in how much they take out every year? No one should care, because they bought with some of their monies and still invested a lot in the club.

Meanwhile, not like they’ve taken out 1 billion, they have used most monies earned to repay acquisition loan. Not a big deal.

I am struggling to actually understand why the fans are against them, honestly.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:00pm On May 02, 2021
afrodoc2:

Well said. And to just correct something. Man Utd had no debt before the Glazers. The debt started when "audio" billionaires decided to buy a big club without spending a dollar of their own money.

There was a day i watched a game in the top tier of the SAF stand. I had to use a suspicious looking staircase that looked quite rickety. In recent years the stadium has not had any real improvements apart from adding more seats (to increase match revenue)

I have been to OT very recently (and a couple of times), I didn’t see any issues. The stadium still looks great which means they do repairs and maintenance every time.

You can check the notes to the financial statement, they would normally disclose costs of repairs and maintenance on an annual basis.

You guys should stop this abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:01pm On May 02, 2021
nitrogen:

Wait, have they not spent the same 1 billion on the club as well? Why are the fans interested in how much they take out every year? No one should care, because they bought with some of their monies and still invested a lot in the club.

Meanwhile, not like they’ve taken out 1 billion, they have used most monies earned to repay acquisition loan. Not a big deal.

I am struggling to actually understand why the fans are against them, honestly.

We have had this debate/argument before so i can only say...................................................OK

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:02pm On May 02, 2021
nitrogen:

I have been to OT very recently (and a couple of times), I don’t see any issues. The stadium still looks great which means they do repairs and maintenance every time.

You can check the notes to the financial statement, they would normally disclose costs of repairs and maintenance on an annual basis.

You guys should stop this abeg.

ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:02pm On May 02, 2021
Glazers remind me one useless president like that.

You no dey run country/Club well you still no wan comot, just dey enjoy the commonwealth of the nation/club.

rubbish and ingredients grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:05pm On May 02, 2021
Oasis007:
Following discussion between the Police, The Premier League, Trafford Council and the clubs, our match against Liverpool has been postponed due to safety and security considerations around the protest today. Discussions will now take place with the Premier League on a revised date for the fixture.

Our fans are passionate about Manchester United, and we completely acknowledge the right to free expression and peaceful protest.

However, we regret the disruption to the team and actions which put other fans, staff, and the police in danger. We thank the police for their support and will assist them in any subsequent investigations.

They should just give Liverpool the 3 points and slam your team a big fine. Very soon fans of other teams will follow suit without thinking about opponents.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:07pm On May 02, 2021
Roland17:

Your assertions don’t make sense. A self sustaining business is actually the best. Forget the fact that some owners pump money into their businesses from their pockets, it means the clubs are distressed.

Debt dropped overtime to about 200m before COVID, so, debt did not increase over the last five years. It only increased last year because of COVID. Do you think that other clubs haven’t borrowed more money very recently to mitigate the effects of the pandemic?

The attack on these guys no make sense at all. I guess britons are not happy with them because they are Americans. Simple!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziAlaye(m): 6:11pm On May 02, 2021
All of a sudden EPL fans want to be owned by oil rich owners...... Lmaoooo imagine forcing someone to sell his business for a cheap amount because "football is for the fans" grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:12pm On May 02, 2021
The billionaire utd fans should get their acts together and bid for the club at min of 4 billion. Let them buy and run it. Forget the narrative that they don’t want to sell, they want the right returns before they can sell, contrary to what is being said, they haven’t recovered their capital. Fact!

Offer them good returns, and they will sell. I can’t wait to see how another owner will run the club sef.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:12pm On May 02, 2021
airmark:

They should just give Liverpool the 3 points and slam your team a big fine. Very soon fans of other teams will follow suit without thinking about opponents.

Fine..... yes. 3pts to Liverpool?! Common nau.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:13pm On May 02, 2021
nitrogen:
The billionaire utd fans should get their acts together and bid for the club at min of 4 billion. Let them buy and run it. Forget the narrative that they don’t want to sell, they want the right returns before they can sell, contrary to what is being said, they haven’t recovered their capital. Fact!

Offer them good returns, and they will sell. I can’t wait to see how another owner will run the club.

What capital? Didn’t they buy the club with a loan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 6:14pm On May 02, 2021
codedguy1:
Glazers remind me one useless president like that.

You no dey run country/Club well you still no wan comot, just dey enjoy the commonwealth of the nation/club.

rubbish and ingredients grin

Talk the name of that President with your full chest cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:15pm On May 02, 2021
MaziAlaye:
All of a sudden EPL fans want to be owned by oil rich owners...... Lmaoooo imagine forcing someone to sell his business for a cheap amount because "football is for the fans" grin grin

Don’t mind them. Football is for the fans koor. Pay good money and ownership will be transferred swiftly.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10061) (10062) (10063) (10064) (10065) (10066) (10067) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.