Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1017) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8706858 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:04am On Sep 15, 2014
^^
Perreira was my only stand-out player in the Capital one cup game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jalonking(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2014
chrisley024: ^^
Perreira was my only stand-out player in the Capital one cup game.
I am happy we have some promising lads around ... The guy is cute though grin
I just pray Ashley Young should remain on injury bed for ages ... i hate dat n*gga
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2014
Jalonking: I am happy we have some promising lads around ... The guy is cute though grin
I just pray Ashley Young should remain on injury bed for ages ... i hate dat n*gga

He should be sent packing outta old traffor. Fellaini also, we don't need them. The club is too big for them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:39am On Sep 15, 2014
LoL
Please leave my Fellaini for me oo, he will prove himself when he gets his chance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2014
Ashley Young: Am working hard to regain fitness and help the team.

angry and he just won't stay down....

yes, Perreira and Wilson were the only standouts in MK Dons game.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:46am On Sep 15, 2014
Keky: Fans of the Top 4 teams to ManUtd Fans as we travel out for Champions league football.
But you have been traveling out for champions league since before I was born

*in Fela's voice* you never return with nathin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:49am On Sep 15, 2014
ChristineC: LoL
Please leave my Fellaini for me oo, he will prove himself when he gets his chance

I agree oh... he is our Plan-B!

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
iheanyi40: who are we playing next...

Leicester.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jalonking(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
ChristineC: LoL
In OBJ's Voice "But When?" Ah don't need that afro-look'n ninja lurking around our team .... he's no Man Utd player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
coded01:
Venue: https://www.nairaland.com/924289/galacticos-2.0-champions-europe-10/77#25694814

Date: August 22, 2014

Dhelake: We've lost so many games with Di maria playing, so forget it

Coded01: Ko jo mehn! angry

Without Di maria, Madrid would have ended the season trophy-less... tongue

Dhelake: Remove Cr7's 50+goals and let's see what Di Maria's endless runs amount to, Even Bale had better stats than Di Maria last season, he is a great player but not indispensable

Coded01: If it's about goals, then without Di maria, Ronaldo would amount to nothing! tongue

I mean his assists n runs are enough to cause pandemonium in opponent's defence grin while ronaldo is left open n we know the rest... cool

Who does runs like di maria? angry

Date: August 24, 2014

Austeenx (Barca fan): Madrid, please sell Di Maria.

Usbcable (Madrid fan): we are just waiting for the right price

Dhellake (Madrid fan): £72m for Di Maria. ..... Good Sell, Perez got it right this time

Date: At The Moment
Austeenx, Barca & Man Utd Fans be like...

Usbcable & Dhellake be like...

Pardon them for they didn't know what they were saying. I also had pages of arguments on Di Maria's abilities on this thread.

In the last three seasons, I saw Di Maria as someone who could single handedly lift Madrid play with his killer speeding run from the deep midfield into the final third, and he was hard to stop. Some of his final decisions which were sometimes disappointing were improved upon in the last two years. I always rated him far above Ozil, but some people only grade players based on statistics as goals and assists. In Madrid, Di Maria was one player who starred in big matches.

Now that we have all agreed and stamped it on this thread that this guy is a world class player, let's move on and hope that he continues like this so as to be a ballon d'or candidate soon.

* As for Real Madrid, I also said that they will be making a mistake to sell Di Maria. That meant they have a player less who can play on same speed as Ronaldo does. I think they have unbalanced their team somewhat as they will find it harder to kill big opponents on the counter- the weapon that got them over big teams last season. They might be able to blend the new players later, but it will need some adjustments from individual players in their style of play.

United too use to be a team which killed big teams on the counter in the time of Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. Then Hargreaves, Park, Anderson, Nani added some force and bursting runs from behind. Val and Young did add theirs a little when they first arrived.

This might have been partly the reason our players became bad when the formation and pattern was gradually being adjusted to passing game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jalonking(m): 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Abegy ! meh una helpy me ask this yeye anti-spam boat thingy what i did to deserve a ban .... E dey vex me ...ah hate switch'n accounts
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Rio ferdy on Moyes.
"All the lads were p----- off. And guess what
happened after Moyes left and Ryan Giggs took
over? Moyes has been gone about 20 minutes ...
and one of the lads says: 'You know what? We've
got to get him to get us our f------ chips back.'"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
elampiro:

Waz up?

Has there ever been a debate of Rafael vs Valencia on this thread? They don't play same position. The only position they could possibly have clashed is the wingback.

where av u bn?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
royale442: Rio ferdy on Moyes.
"All the lads were p----- off. And guess what
happened after Moyes left and Ryan Giggs took
over? Moyes has been gone about 20 minutes ...
and one of the lads says: 'You know what? We've
got to get him to get us our f------ chips back.'"
Manchester United were lucky not to be soo patient with Moyes, else

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
Odunharry:
where av u bn?

Bros I dey o.

I was a bit tired so I went on a break.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
elampiro:

Bros I dey o.

I was a bit tired so I went on a break.
welcome back sir....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
FORMER Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon claims that Cristiano Ronaldo has lost patience with Florentino Perez and would be open to a return to Manchester United.

Reports continue to suggest that United, Chelsea and Manchester City are lining up a massive £60m bid for the Portuguese winger at the end of the season.

And Calderon - who brought Ronaldo to Real back in 2008 believes that the Ballon d'Or winner has grown tired of seeing his best teammates depart.

He told talkSPORT: “My impression is he is fed up with the policy of the current president. When he came to Real Madrid with Arjen Robben he thought he would be a good colleague for him in the team but then he was sold.

“Two years ago it was Higuain sold and he didn’t like that. Last year he thought it was a mistake to let Ozil leave and the last straw was selling Xabi Alonso and Angel di Maria this summer.

“When I signed him in 2008, I remember he said he was grateful to Manchester United. He had a marvellous time there, he likes everything. It is a really great club."

[Source: Talksoport, Express]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
ChristineC: Comfortable win at last! It made my weekend complete. Seven points off the pace, not insurmountable at all, just four games out of thirty-six or is it thirty-eight!
I like the urgency and desire to attack, although I didn't fancy the missed chances and the reduced pace after the fourth goal. It didn't help Falcao's debut at all.

More of the same

Yea. Reduced pace has it's advantage and disadvantage 'cos the league is a marathon. May be the energy saved will help us get some hard three points somewhere. I wished too Falcao had scored. But he too was too in a hurry to register his debut goal that he denied Van Persie a goal. Then Januzaj denied Falcao twice (I think). Altogether, about 4 to 5 clear chances not taken.

Well, a good thing though to be able to create so many chances. From the strikers we have, we will be converting high percentage of the chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hopefully the 3 man experiment at the back has been dropped for good.
We should be playing either the 4-4-2 diamond of yesterday or 4-2-3-1 depending on the players available and the opposition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
that 4-4-2 diamond easily became 3-5-2 on the attack. Rafael & Rojo were wingbacks & Blind fell into the pocket created by Evans & Blackett as they slightly moved wide, altho he was still a little ahead of the CBs like the 'sweeper'

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hadizadeezy(f): 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
wow av been missing oo! GGMU all d way.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
SAF enjoying his retirement at last.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
I must commend Herrera for his role as well, the guy was clearly tireless both in attack & defence! his technique and decision-making were top-notch. he also has to bulk up a little but he has settled in pretty nicely & he's not afraid to have a crack @ goal.
in his first game against the Swans, he appeared not too sure what his role is. I think having better players around you brings you up to speed. the arrival of Falcao also deflected the spotlight & pressure from him, it has also helped him.

Anderson will do well in this system with such high tempo, I see him having a better season this term if he manages to avoid injuries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
SailorXY: that 4-4-2 diamond easily became 3-5-2 on the attack. Rafael & Rojo were wingbacks & Blind fell into the pocket created by Evans & Blackett as they slightly moved wide, altho he was still a little ahead of the CBs like the 'sweeper'

Yes it morphed into 3-5-2 when we had the ball and were pressing. However having a ball playing midfielder like Blind dropping into defense is different from having 3 central defenders who are not as comfortable with the ball.

The problem with the 3-5-2 is not the system itself but the fact that our wing backs and central defenders obviously appear confused about what their individual roles are. The defenders are not comfortable enough passing the ball to be the foundation of our attacks and even more importantly the wing backs do not know when to "stay" and when to "travel".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
91% - Manchester United's pass completion against Queens
Park Rangers, the highest by any team in the Premier League
this season.
112 - Successful passes Daley Blind made against QPR, the
fifth highest by any player in the Premier League this season.
17 - The number of months since United last scored three
times before half-time at Old Trafford in a league game (the last
being when they secured the 2012-13 title against Aston Villa).
19 - United had 19 shots on goal at Old Trafford, five more than
in any other game this season.
4 - United had four different goalscorers in a league game for
the first time since the 5-5 draw with West Bromwich Albion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
afrodoc2: Hopefully the 3 man experiment at the back has been dropped for good.
We should be playing either the 4-4-2 diamond of yesterday or 4-2-3-1 depending on the players available and the opposition.

3-5-2 gives us more control in the midfield - van gaal might revert to it when his defenders become fit again. there shouldn't have been any problem with the system if only smalling, jones and evans have the composure of the young tyler blackett!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
LvG should pls ditch that 3-man defence. It's a waste of a player at the back and very slow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
its a good formation with the right personnel, afterall; the Dutch team were not slow & their game was exciting as well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcdreeezy: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
I'm not a United fan buh I'm happy for u guys; at least there will be someone to stand up to Chelsea — the arrogant club angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
mcdreeezy: I'm not a United fan buh I'm happy for u guys; at least there will be someone to stand up to Chelsea — the arrogant club angry

CHELSHIT.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Man City will stand up to them very soon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
SailorXY: Man City will stand up to them very soon

Manshitty is starting to bleep up

(1) (2) (3) ... (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.