Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8765848 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (14167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dadehmola:

Did you watch the game at all? Rooney had no intention of getting the ball - he angrily kicked out at the westham player
u no knw elamps b4?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
igbsam:

Why do u think he doesn't pass to Falcao? Any conspiracy?

But he passed to him last time when Falcao hit bar.

As for today, I don't know why.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Odunharry:
u no knw elamps b4?

Rooney had an intention, he executed it the wrong way. Did you not see replay showing we had one man at the back and West Ham were to counter?

If he kept a low foot for the foul, he would be a hero.

* But you, I have identified you as a Rooney hater. So u cannot be fair anytime.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
elampiro:

So the guy that foul Rafael and stopped our counter didn't have any intention too?

U no know ball.

Smh.
How is that connected to whether Rooney intended to lash out or not?
Ok they both had the intention but Rooney was stupid enough to carry out his plan by kicking out at the opponent. A simple shirt pull or trip could have done the same thing but your moronic friend lacks the intelligence to make such distinctions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
igbsam:
Walahai, u just took the words out of my mouth. Those Injury loving players should be shipped out to Enyimba or Kazar Chiefs of south africa. They don't deserve to play for a big club like man utd with their long history of injuries. We need to keep it low in our spendings.

ship all those liabilities out of the team. they don't have what it takes to wear the red shirt. if it means we have to play 11 foreign players, so be it. let's groom blackett & paddy for the future while learning from world class defenders we would buy in january
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
afrodoc2:

Smh.
How is that connected to whether Rooney intended to lash out or not?
Ok they both had the intention but Rooney was stupid enough to carry out his plan by kicking out at the opponent. A simple shirt pull or trip could have done the same thing but your moronic friend lacks the intelligence to make such distinctions.

So you agreed he had an intention?

If you agreed no problem at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
As far as we won the match I am not worried. If una like make una curse Rooney. I was also disappointed. Good we have Falcao to maintain our two strikers and one AM shape.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
How elampiro is connected to rooney, I still can't fathom.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhellake: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
The funny part is Rooney's kid's were in the stands
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
elampiro:

So you agreed he had an intention?

If you agreed no problem at all.

Yes. He had an intention..........to kick out at his opponent.
Any smart player could have prevented the counter by pulling the West Ham player's shirt and gotten a yellow card......but your moronic friend does not have the sense to do that. His defective brain told him the only thing to do was kick the player.
Elampiro if you were in Rooney's position would you have done the same thing Rooney did? cheesy Talk now let us know
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1739074_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

rooney's only pass to falcao while playing in the hole. cheesy grin

I know bro.....Rooney no just like falcao i no know why. he doesn't like passing to the guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
elampiro:

So the guy that foul Rafael and stopped our counter didn't have any intention too?

U no know ball.

I agree, thank you! Mr. Know it all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by aieromon(m): 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
MaziOmenuko: We played better without Rooney! Hopefully, FA will review the tape and give him a 9 match suspension.
Cheers to that. He should also refund a part of his weekly wages for that silly tackle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
elampiro:

Rooney had an intention, he executed it the wrong way. Did you not see replay showing we had one man at the back and West Ham were to counter?

If he kept a low foot for the foul, he would be a hero.

* But you, I have identified you as a Rooney hater. So u cannot be fair anytime.
i knw he wantd to stop d ball but he did it wrongly..

Lemme tell u something...After Giggs,Rooney is d player i love most.
Even when Ronaldo was still at United...

I love him bt if he Bleep up,i will criticise him...i am not biased
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
My own na make Herrera dey fit for next game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
Rooney was playing good upto the point he got a red, same with di Maria. I noticed the emphasis on today's game was to maintain good numbers @ the back.

I already see some comments lambasting di Maria for not make darting runs whenever he touched the ball, the back had to be protected @ all times. there were times he had good space on the left, but didn't move like he's been doing in previous games. I think he expends loads of energy playing that way & have been advised to relax, else he may burn out before February.

Rooney was harassing the opponents whenever we didn't have the ball, playing as the defender from the front. I must say I was impressed with his defensive side which is necessary with the kind of backline on parade whether we like it or not, he also had good anticipation to get the first goal. his forward passes were not so good, but he kept it thick & ticking in the middle.

the guys did well today & got 3 points; next game will take care of itself!

now its all that matters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
raumdeuter: That was a good West Ham goal to me
really

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
chrisley024: My own na make Herrera dey fit for next game

rooney will miss

everton(h)
west brom(a)
chelsea(h)

time for mata to step up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vosquare: 6:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
damn....i dnt lyk d way van gaal is treatin falcao....d man was so sedimental 2dae...its obvious rvp is nt in top form and nt playin as expectd...falcao stil plays beta dan rvp for d past 2 to 3games yet rvp play ful match....when lvg remuvd falcao,its obvious d guy was nt happy at al...bt i love his maturity by clappin later...d dude was nt happi.,even tho he didnt score,he was more in d game dn rvp..lvg shuld just liv falcao nd rvp in each game or shuld liv falcao nd sub rvp!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vosquare: 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
chrisley024: My own na make Herrera dey fit for next game
mi too...im getn 2 love d guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vosquare: 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
elampiro:

U no know ball.
go watch dat part again...look at d foul d defender did nd look at rooney's own...those kinds of situation r risky 4 d opponents...any fall or foul committed in dat kind of situation is a foul bt rooney took it too far mehn....if rooney could have pulled d guy's shirt or hit d guy's legs with little effort(like west ham defender to rafael),he wil b given a yelo...bt c wat he did na...a blind man wont hesistate 2 gv him red!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
afrodoc2:

Yes. He had an intention..........to kick out at his opponent.
Any smart player could have prevented the counter by pulling the West Ham player's shirt and gotten a yellow card......but your moronic friend does not have the sense to do that. His defective brain told him the only thing to do was kick the player.
Elampiro if you were in Rooney's position would you have done the same thing Rooney did? cheesy Talk now let us know

Are you now saying he deliberately earned a red card?

He wanted to stop the counter but he did it the wrong way. Don't also sound like this stuff has never happened before in soccer. Even Scholes used to pick silly cards or even reds.

Just be happy we won.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
vosquare:
go watch dat part again...look at d foul d defender did nd look at rooney's own...those kinds of situation r risky 4 d opponents...any fall or foul committed in dat kind of situation is a foul bt rooney took it too far mehn....if rooney could have pulled d guy's shirt or hit d guy's legs with little effort(like west ham defender to rafael),he wil b given a yelo...bt c wat he did na...a blind man wont hesistate 2 gv him red!

Nobody is saying Rooney did well.

The safe play should have been shirt pull, but don't forget too the player was ahead of him nd these things happen in split seconds.

Wilsbhere did something similar in the first half of the ongoing late kickoff. But he got yellow.

At the end let's be happy we won.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vosquare: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
elampiro:

Nobody is saying Rooney did well.

The safe play should have been shirt pull, but don't forget too the player was ahead of him nd these things happen in split seconds.

Wilsbhere did something similar in the first half of the ongoing late kickoff. But he got yellow.

At the end let's be happy we won.

yea....make mata step up his game o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
vosquare:
yea....make mata step up his game o

That's it. If Mata pays welll, he could be asked to continue and Rooney waits until sm1 is injured. We haven't lost anything. Except our bench will be weak.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
elampiro:

Are you now saying he deliberately earned a red card?

He wanted to stop the counter but he did it the wrong way. Don't also sound like this stuff has never happened before in soccer. Even Scholes used to pick silly cards or even reds.

Just be happy we won.

Do you read people's comments fully or you just jump in to defend Rooney?
What i and others have said is that Rooney's tackle betrayed his lack of control and intelligence. They were several ways to stop that counter without risking a red card, but Rooney choose the most idi.otic option..............That is what i am saying.
This is compounded by the fact that as captain he should show better leadership and judgement especially now that we are short of about 10 senior players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
@chrisley024
what can we say about Rojo's performance in CB? cuz e be like say you get beef with the guy grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
abeg mk una leave elampawa.. even yl ppl are pointing out an obvious fact... he'll choose to look the other way
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
SailorXY: @chrisley024
what can we say about Rojo's performance in CB? cuz e be like say you get beef with the guy grin grin grin
He was ok. Let's hope he continues. Rafael was the best at that back. Shaw was also good.

Westham though was poor today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vosquare: 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
rafael wont stop 2 amaze me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
chrisley024: He was ok. Let's hope he continues. Rafael was the best at that back. Shaw was also good.

Westham though was poor today.
he was better than Evans & Smalling has been so far.
besides, whenever we play well, the message becomes that the opposition was poor grin this team dispatched Liverpool. without the gidigbo tactics allowed to flow by Clattenburg against Leicester, we would have also heard that was the worst performance by Leicester this season.
without the early caution to Song, it was exactly the same pattern West Ham had in mind
kudos to the British press for the "poor" sermons tho, long may it continue cool cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Cant believe Chelsea have double the points we do. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (14167) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.