Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,110 members, 7,842,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1059) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8811721 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (14198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
That was shocking from DDG angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
DDG! satan punish you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso:
They've always sold their best players and still did well (forlan, aguero, costa) so I'm sure they'll fare well, compared to BuLi teams and if Pep said man utd couldn't afford bayern stars, I wonder how a 'poor' club like atleti can afford mandzukic.

guardiola was talking nonsense.....
united got di maria for £60m. who in their current squad is worth that amount? kroos was £20m. that's almost thrice the amount we paid for angel.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
I like Herrera alot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

van gaal is slacking -
there must be top quality defenders in serbia. buy the top 2 centre halves in the 2 top teams for £5m each & bring them to england. there's 90% guarantee one of them would be better than vidic was for us.

to be honest, your model is the best!
i dunno if it's because the brand is not as attractive as the premier league or the fact that your FA are not greedy bästards.

the gate fee is very very cheap! students pay close to peanuts to watch games and the games are live on TV. fans are starting to protest in england & several cases are in the EU courts concerning TV broadcast of live games.

i still think it's a disgrace that man utd fans cannot watch their team's 3pm game live on saturday in 2014. they keep lying to us that they are censoring it to preserve stadium attendance.

You'd think

How many times do you watch the BuLi?
I don't see fans going to a viewing center exclusively for German football. The fan base is low compared to the EPL

You spend money to make money
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Why is LVG never standing up to cheer the guys? A little showmanship can help put the guys on their toe,This is the premiership for Christ sake,that demeanor needs to be worked on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
Tvegas: Why is LVG never standing up to cheer the guys? A little showmanship can help put the guys on their toe,This is the premiership for Christ sake,that demeanor needs to be worked on.

Exactly...

Even if he feels he is too old for stuffs like that, what exactly is giggs waiting for?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
Tvegas: Why is LVG never standing up to cheer the guys? A little showmanship can help put the guys on their toe,This is the premiership for Christ sake,that demeanor needs to be worked on.
His philosophy is that you should use your brain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso:

Of course they're struggling. If your definition of struggling is beating Real madrid twice already, and winning the super cup, then I love that kind of struggles. You always tend to overlook the positives.

They've always sold their best players and still did well (forlan, aguero, costa) so I'm sure they'll fare well, compared to BuLi teams and if Pep said man utd couldn't afford bayern stars, I wonder how a 'poor' club like atleti can afford mandzukic.

Barca make what they earn, it's not oppression it's prestige

There is no way a team would be changing key component every season and not lose momentum. Atletico would have preferred to keep Costa but they had to sell because Barca is taking all the money.

They beat Madrid yet they are still behind Madrid in the league as we speak. Atletico that didnt lose a single game in the CL last season in regulation time this season started by losing their first game to Olympiakos. ANyone would see they have lost something which they might or might not reach again

Mandzukic was a striker we had no intention of keeping and gave him away. Lets see Atletico come to buy a player Bayern wants to keep. How much was Mandzukic sold for? WHy wont they be able to afford him when they sell their best striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Same United, always conceding! LOL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2014

how many times did fergie stand up to cheer the guys? a manager who's done his homework does not need to stand to get his points across.

moyes stood & stood and turned england champions into a mid-table side. if anything, giggs should be the one standing up to speak the language the players understand.

barackohandso:
You'd think
I don't see fans going to a viewing center exclusively for German football. The fan base is low compared to the EPL

i watch bundesliga every week....same as french & portugese league. i am a football fanatic. we are not arguing the popularity of both brands. we are just saying the german model is the best!

•the matches are shown live
•their stadiums are always packed
•their clubs are well-managed.
•their fans have more options
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

guardiola was talking nonsense.....
united got di maria for £60m. who in their current squad is worth that amount? kroos was £20m. that's almost thrice the amount we paid for angel.

Maybe robben would go for £200m and mullre £180m

So much for a butchered league
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
MrTA: I like Herrera alot.
the way he makes himself available for passes is a joy to watch.

He never rarely leaves his teammate stranded while under pressure.

Always trying to create a passing outlet.

Making it easy to play the ball out of the back rather than hack it upfield at the slightest pressure.

These Qualities are severely lacking in carrick, fletcher and cleverley of the last 2 years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso:
You'd think

Viewing center where? In Bariga? You think German FA cares about some fans in Nigeria?

Whats the use when fans in Surulere pack viewing centers to watch and the fans in Cologne cant even see their hometown team on TV? A boy who lives next door makes it into Hamburg first team and you cant see him on TV or in stadium but they should be happy fans in Sulaja pack viewing centers to watch?

Their fan base is lower yet they fill the stadium weekly

The league is first and foremost for the local citizens those abroad are just bonus

http://www.stadiumguide.com/figures-and-statistics/lists/europes-highest-attendances/

A division 2 team Fotuna dusseldorf has more stadium attendance than Liverpool and Atletico. What could be better than having 60,000 plus people packing the stadium every weekend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso: Maybe robben would go for £200m and mullre £180m

So much for a butchered league

What has this got to do with anything you are arguing here? Looks like you have no point as usual

Or let me help you out.

Can you put your main point in 2 sentences?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
raumdeuter:

There is no way a team would be changing key component every season and not lose momentum. Atletico would have preferred to keep Costa but they had to sell because Barca is taking all the money.

They beat Madrid yet they are still behind Madrid in the league as we speak. Atletico that didnt lose a single game in the CL last season in regulation time this season started by losing their first game to Olympiakos. ANyone would see they have lost something which they might or might not reach again

Mandzukic was a striker we had no intention of keeping and gave him away. Lets see Atletico come to buy a player Bayern wants to keep. How much was Mandzukic sold for? WHy wont they be able to afford him when they sell their best striker

Your excuses are always structured for conveniency. A player as good as Mandzukic is one Bayern wanted to keep, you should really consider comedy

So you expect them to have the same run in the UCL as they had last season? Seriously?
It's a fact teams would watch them well and take them more serious given their fairy tale run last season, or why didn't Dortmund reach the semi final last season after they reached the final in 2013?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
nid more goals United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
raumdeuter:

What has this got to do with anything you are arguing here? Looks like you have no point as usual

Or let me help you out.

Can you put your main point in 2 sentences?

It's a different discourse. Not what we're arguing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
We can't even be 2goals up and be comfy again. I hope this WHU goal spurs them on to win and not make em feel a de ja vu situ coming upon us again.

We are playing well, I like the way we are moving the ball. Herrera, Blind, Rafael and Shaw to an extent have been impressive.

Rooney seems to be a threat when he stays upfront and not coming back.

All in all, I just need 3points. That's all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
raumdeuter:

Viewing center where? In Bariga? You think German FA cares about some fans in Nigeria?

Whats the use when fans in Surulere pack viewing centers to watch and the fans in Cologne cant even see their hometown team on TV? A boy who lives next door makes it into Hamburg first team and you cant see him on TV or in stadium but they should be happy fans in Sulaja pack viewing centers to watch?

Their fan base is lower yet they fill the stadium weekly

The league is first and foremost for the local citizens those abroad are just bonus

http://www.stadiumguide.com/figures-and-statistics/lists/europes-highest-attendances/

A division 2 team Fotuna dusseldorf has more stadium attendance than Liverpool and Atletico. What could be better than having 60,000 plus people packing the stadium every weekend

Oh I see

So no need for overseas fans?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
The best
barackohandso:

Your excuses are always structured for conveniency. A player as good as Mandzukic is one Bayern wanted to keep, you should really consider comedy

they never wanted to keep mandzukic - they bought lewandowski about 6 months before the transfer window. grin that's proof that mandzukic was dispensable.

So you expect them to have the same run in the UCL as they had last season? Seriously?
It's a fact teams would watch them well and take them more serious given their fairy tale run last season, or why didn't Dortmund reach the semi final last season after they reached the final in 2013?

this guy loves arguing.
every man & his dog hail the german model. the 2006 world cup helped them a lot & they kept the tradition of standing areas in their stadiums so the matchday tickets are very affordable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso:

A player as good as Mandzukic has no place in a Bayern team. His best bet is a bench position. We bought Lewandoski and sold Mandzukic who is the inferior option.

Why wont you expect a team who went on a good run to maintain somethingclose this season? A team who went unbeaten last season losing their first game this season? I would say If they had kept their team from last season, their chances of success would be higher

Dortmund topped their group of death last season, they molested EPL giants Arsenal this season lost in the quarters to eventual winners Madrid by 3-2 aggregates, not losing to Olympiakos
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso: Oh I see

So no need for overseas fans?

Why would German FA care about overseas fans at the Expense of local fans. Like coogar told you many English people are already complainingbut No problem as long as the fan in Isolo and Abule Egba is happy.

I read about a man who drives every weekend from England to germany to watch football because he prefers the atmosphere there.

He said in EPL e.g Arsenal most people who watch in stadium are tourist fans who are just there to take pictures and even have a problem cheering the team, more interested in pictures and selfies while in Germany its a fan heaven

In Germany football is for the FAN. Check the top 20 stadium attendance and see how many German clubs there

No. Club Stadium Attendance
1 Borussia Dortmund Signal Iduna Park 80,521
2 FC Barcelona Camp Nou 75,844
3 Manchester United Old Trafford 75,387
4 Real Madrid Santiago Bernabeu 74,564
5 Bayern Monachium Allianz Arena 69,000
6 FC Schalke 04 Veltins Arena 61,218
7 Arsenal FC Emirates Stadium 60,000
8 VfB Stuttgart Mercedes Benz Arena 55,090
9 Hamburger SV Imtech Arena 53,465
10 Hertha BSC Olympiastadion Berlin 53,449
11 Borussia M-gladbach Borussia Park 51,847
12 Celtic FC Celtic Park 50,904
13 Ajax Amsterdam Amsterdam ArenA 50,147
14 Newcastle United St. James Park 49,936
15 AC Milan San Siro 49,020
16 1. FC Köln RheinEnergie Stadion 47,482
17 Manchester City Etihad Stadium 47,035
18 Rangers FC Ibrox Stadium 46,362
19 Hannover 96 AWD Arena 44,826
20 FC Inter San Siro 44,806
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
raumdeuter:
Why would German FA care about overseas fans at the Expense of local fans. Like coogar told you many English people are already complainingbut No problem as long as the fan in Isolo and Abule Egba is happy.
I read about a man who drives every weekend from England to germany to watch football because he prefers the atmosphere there.
He said in EPL e.g gArsenal most people who watch in stadium are tourist fans who are just there to take pictures and even have a problem cheering the team, more interested in pictures and selfies while in Germany its a fan heaven
In Germany football is for the FAN. Check the top 20 stadium attendance and see how many German clubs there

dayo, e don do - stop rubbing it in our faces.

rooney has ruined us - straight red card!!!

costa scores!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
Wat's this Refs mission today?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
Rooney was stupid. No need for that kick. Absolutely no need. What an idiot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
suxxman: Wat's this Refs mission today?

you want to defend rooney's tackle? that was a horrendous football brain. what was he thinking?

LVG better bring fletcher & valencia in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Another 3 points lost.
Smh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Rooney! Piss of shit! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
What has Rooney done there? Rooney why?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Rooney is a goat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
raumdeuter:

He said in EPL e.g Arsenal most people who watch in stadium are tourist fans who are just there to take pictures and even have a problem cheering the team, more interested in pictures and selfies while in Germany its a fan heaven

Hmmmn

And to think of how the EPL is more popular and the BuLi hardly gets viewers except if it's a Bayern vs Dortmund

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (14198) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.