Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,205 members, 7,957,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9166551 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) ... (14380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:56am On Sep 29, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Why is sporting Lisbon not doing this their claim on him is stronger than ours ?
if u aren't embarrassed I am,this action makes us look Weak if Cr7 will return it won't be because of that stunt.
He is even more loved in Madrid than he ever was in Man utd.
He is living his dream,playing for his dream Club we should Move on.
Great players at their best never leave Madrid the few ones that do leave with Madrid blessing or under Contract dispute.
Finally I heard it just a publicity stuff for a twitter account.

You can be embarrassed if you want to. The reason why some United fans are wishing Ronaldo comes back to United is because Ronaldo himself does not stop talking about united. Why does he not talk about sporting where we bought him from?

The love btw United and Ronaldo is mutual, that's what you should understand.

Firstly tell Ronaldo to stop talking about United, this Ronaldo returning to OT talk actually increased when Ronaldo himself could not make one sentence without Mentioning United and the fans who still love him took it up from there.

The fans in Madrid can show him more love, what if Ronaldo does not love them back that much. Did you hear Ronaldo talking about lisbon when he was here.

One of the greatest things in life is when you love somebody and the person loves you back. Right now he plays for Real, it would be unfair of him not pledge his future there like we have seen players kissing the badges of their present clubs only to start playing for a rival club the next season.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:24am On Sep 29, 2014
igbsam:

His Salary should be slashed into half. Maybe that would bring his useless temper down. He seems to have this pride since handed the captain's armband. He feels he is above every other players, he is on top of the world and he can shout at whoever he wishes. He forgot that van gaal is a no nonsense coach that can bench his a55 all season long if not that he is saved by the captain armband. 9 Match off the pitch should teach him a lesson he will never forget if only wishes were horses.

New theory by igbsam.

He said Rooney demonstrates pride...

Na wai! Wetin person no go hear. Sometimes nobody understand what you guys have with Rooney anymore. For your information, two months ago Garry Neville said Rooney had always shouted on his team mates. He said even as the youngest player, Rooney shouted on defence of Neville, Ferdinand, etc.

According to RVP at the end of 12/13 season, he said Rooney is someone who doesn't want to lose, hence you see him in defence where he shouldn't be. He (Roonney) doesn't say 'this is not my area or concern'. Our defence led by Smalling was in shambles and you expected Rooney to clap for them?

As for anyone wishing Rooney stays on the bench all season, that's is 'imposicant'. If you can't play him, you allow him to join the clubs ready to take him and play him as a striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2014
People are already afraid of Man United, and you guys still want to add Ronaldo.

You guys are scaring the hell out of EPL rivals. May be next you guys would want Mascerano and Thiago Silva.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2014
elampiro: People are already afraid of Man United, and you guys still want to add Ronaldo.

You guys are scaring the hell out of EPL rivals. May be next you guys would want Mascerano and Thiago Silva.

Afraid of Manchester United grin

Someone is having a fruit bat sandwich!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2014
How ridiculous and stupid can the fans of a club get?!

I mean how desperate and low can some of ya'all sink?!

Forking out thousands to try and grab CR7's attention is insanely daft, dumb and dimwitted! tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:43am On Sep 29, 2014
elampiro: People are already afraid of Man United, and you guys still want to add Ronaldo.

na wetin make all these rival fans wan get heartache na, their little wishes of a United's decline is looking futile every passing minute
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:47am On Sep 29, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Afraid of Manchester United grin

Someone is having a fruit bat sandwich!

Yes, you guys are afraid. Some of you are doing prayers and fasting that Ronaldo doesn't ever return. United might look struggling now, but everyone knows that a team that can score two goals in first half of every match is capable of anything. Once United gets it's confidence back, the sky is the limit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2014
elampiro:

Yes, you guys are afraid. Some of you are doing prayers and fasting that Ronaldo doesn't ever return. United might look struggling now, but everyone knows that a team that can score two goals in first half of every match is capable of anything. Once United gets it's confidence back, the sky is the limit.

Nucca do something about your ragged defence.....

CR7 wont change the status quo..... Your defence is ABSOLUTELY shambles!!!!

You can parade all the quality in the world upfront, a termite wont bat an eyelid if you continue to rely on the likes of Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Blackett and co at the back!

Confidence back you said? That may not be back till thy kingdom come! LOL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:54am On Sep 29, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Nucca do something about your ragged defence.....

CR7 wont change the status quo..... Your defence is ABSOLUTELY shambles!!!!

You can parade all the quality in the world upfront, a termite wont bat an eyelid if you continue to rely on the likes of Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Blackett and co at the back!

Confidence back you said? That may not be back till thy kingdom come! LOL

That's the koko of the matter. Everyone knows once the defence is sorted, it will be 5-0, 7-1, 3-0, 8-2 win for Man United. Lol

Our defence will be okay. It's a defence still being assembled by a coach who is new to EPL. They will be fine soon. Just a few good successive results, we play more with confidence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2014
SailorXY:
na wetin make all these rival fans wan get heartache na, their little wishes of a United's decline is looking futile every passing minute

At this time last season, we could hardly test goalkeepers. A team that is sure to score is a dreaded team. We are progressing well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2014
SIRcumalot:
I'll still pick Johnny evans and jones if they can just remain fit over Rojo

Only on the basis that they have more UTD and EPL experience. Otherwise, Rojo is 'finer' player with a good dose of grit. I believe with time, Rojo will win over fans who have doubts!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2014
If we get Smalling and Jones to recover before Everton, then we can get a win.

Once we beat Everton, it will b easy to beat West Brom.

Rafael-Jones-Smallling- Shaw/Rojo. (Evans if Smalling is failing)

The young defenders will have their time in the future. The young guys will cost us if when we least expect. I remember Nastisic for Man City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2014
Danhumprey:
On the other hand,it took Falcao less than a month to understand and gel with RVP and the two players look like they have been playing together for decades. RVP's last two goals this season were Falcao's assists. Falcao still doesn't have a goal to his name since joining Man.United,but he has been selflessly assisting RVP.

You have a point - on one of these recent games, RVP had a chance to shoot at goal but opted to pass to Falcao instead. The two appear comfy together.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:30am On Sep 29, 2014
RuuDie:

Only on the basis that they have more UTD and EPL experience. Otherwise, Rojo is 'finer' player with a good dose of grit. I believe with time, Rojo will win over fans who have doubts!

Where EPL is different is the amount of crosses you have to deal with in a game. In many other leagues, you mostly have to know how to stop an opponent from dribbling you, and organizing your defence well.

Before we packed the bus yesterday, the defence was not so solid. We almost concede after Rooney's goal. DDG made a save from near post in the 2nd half.

Those days, it was hard for the defence of Brown-Vidic-Ferdi-Evra to concede from set play between 2006-9. Although Van Der Sar also made life easy.

For aerial threat, I pick Smalling, to pair Jones. Jones n his part seems to be our best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:53am On Sep 29, 2014
ElFenomeno1: How ridiculous and stupid can the fans of a club get?!

I mean how desperate and low can some of ya'all sink?!

Forking out thousands to try and grab CR7's attention is insanely daft, dumb and dimwitted! tongue

is it your money?
why are you pissed? how many times did you bring henry back to the emirates on loan because your club is extremely poverty-stricken to afford a permanent transfer.

a rich man wants to buy G-wagon & a poor man like you is complaining? what's your own in the matter? cheesy

so how did captaining rooney go for you this weekend? how many points did it fetch you - including the red card? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:

is it your money?
why are you pissed? how many times did you bring henry back to the emirates on loan because your club is extremely poverty-stricken to afford a permanent transfer.

a rich man wants to buy G-wagon & a poor man like you is complaining? what's your own in the matter? cheesy

so how did captaining rooney go for you this weekend? how many points did it fetch you - including the red card? grin

tongue

I went with Di Maria bro. A miserly return of 38 points! Terrible game week....... Thank fu....c.k for Chelsea defenders, it could have been worse.

This is the opportunity to get rid of Rooney and bring in Costa without copping minuses or using the wildcard yet!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

tongue

I went with Di Maria bro. A miserly return of 38 points! Terrible game week....... Thank fu....c.k for Chelsea defenders, it could have been worse.

This is the opportunity to get rid of Rooney and bring in Costa without copping minuses or using the wildcard yet!

you should have listened to me. serves you right you ended with 38. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:

la liga is poor - no strength!
this is why you only have top 3 teams cos all the best indigenous players are concentrated in those 3 clubs. remove barca & madrid in la liga and you have no european history.

no other club has won in europe apart from those 2 - disgusting is what i call this. why not call it barcareal league? la liga is a slap on the face on the other 18 clubs. it's a shyte league & this is why no investor is interested in your product.

Yet the so-called best league can't produce world's best yearly. Even Penaldo had to abandon the so-called best league after winning ballon d'or for the so-called shit league; and had remained there despite calls and begs to bring him back.

What an irony!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
Debroslink:
Yet the so-called best league can't produce world's best yearly. Even Penaldo had to abandon the so-called best league after winning ballon d'or for the so-called shit league; and had remained there despite calls and begs to bring him back.

What an irony!

a player doesn't make a league! 2 or 3 clubs don't make a league. your league is shyte. even with your ballon d'or players, the rest of the world isn't interested in your games. they would rather watch the premier league or the bundesliga.

this is why 80% of your clubs can't pay salaries to their players. all the best players in la liga play for the top 3 teams, the other 17 clubs are conference league players(at best). ask yourself - why is la liga poorer than the premier league in spite of the fact they have top players?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1743420_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Wayne Rooney has apologised to his Manchester United team-mates for getting sent off against West Ham.
However, the 28-year-old striker insisted that he was simply trying to prevent a counter-attack and did not intend to harm Downing.
“It was probably the right decision, I saw the West Ham player making a counter-attack and I tried to break up the play, but I just misjudged it.
“I didn’t absolutely volley the lad. I tried to trip him up and, to be fair to him, he got further away from me and that’s why my leg is straighter than it should have been.
“As he pushed the ball away, my leg straightened out and that is obviously why the referee deemed it as a red card.”
"I apologised to the lads. It was a dangerous situation in that they were trying to break on us but I have no complaints.
“It’s always tough against 11 men when you are a man down, especially when they are throwing a lot of balls into the box as West Ham were doing, so I am grateful that we held out.
Rooney will now miss the next three games against Everton, West Brom and Chelsea.
[Source: Independent, Daily Star]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
Louis van Gaal has insisted his methods are the best way for the club to move forward.
Van Gaal has endured a shaky start to life as boss at Old Trafford his squad has been plagued by injuries and look short in a number of departments.
The 4-0 hammering by MK Dons in the Capital One Cup and 5-3 capitulation against Leicester were particular low points but the bullish boss is a firm believer in his methods.
Van Gaal said: "As I have said before, it is always important for me to train the players mentally so that they can fully understand what I want them to do.
"That is not an easy procedure but I provide a lot of information and it is up to the players to process it and translate it into our games.
"It is not the easiest way of working, but I genuinely believe it is the best, and that is why I have always done it this way.
"That is exactly how we had prepared for the game against West Ham, and now it is very important that the players carry out our plans and make sure we see a positive reaction to the result and performance at Leicester City.
"We must all remember that this is still a very new team which is coming together at Manchester United.
"We have made many changes to the team; we have seen 14 players leave us since last season, either permanently or on loan, and we have made six new additions along with promoting some of our youth players.
"All of the players have to get used to their new team-mates and their playing styles, but also to the culture and rhythm of the Premier League, which is very different to the leagues they have played in previously."
[Source: Daily Star]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Phil jones returns
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
PietroRico: Phil jones returns

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
Thank God we got the 3points against WHU.

We should atleast assess the team/attack for the next 3games without oga Rooney. Let's see see Mata in the Hole for the games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
elampiro:

cheesy
azzin ehn.
The defence is not looking too bad anymore.

Jones, rojo, blackett and Mcnair(maybe) are now are cb options for everton.

I just hope he doesn't injure himself with the very first attempted tackle undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
Louis van Gaal has insisted that Wayne Rooney doesn’t need to change despite the Manchester United striker’s reckless sending off during their 2-1 win against West Ham United.
Van Gaal reiterated that Rooney is an important member of his Red Devils side and defended the skipper’s dismissal.
“For me, he doesn’t have to change, he just needed to do it in a more friendly manner.
“He said that to me afterwards. That the challenge was more unfriendly and that was maybe his biggest error because I think he did it at the right time.
“Three games is a big miss, especially as I am thinking now he is playing at a good standard in his new role. And he likes to play there. And when he gets three matches it means also that my captain is away.
“He is a very important person, especially in my vision because not for nothing is he captain of this team.”
[Source: Sport Review, Daily Star]

* Hope Rooney is placed on a good program so that he returns fit.

* Let's hope Mata delivers too.

* Most importantly, that Herrera is ok.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
PietroRico: azzin ehn.
The defence is not looking too bad anymore.

Jones, rojo, blackett and Mcnair(maybe) are now are cb options for everton.

I just hope he doesn't injure himself with the very first attempted tackle undecided

Jone and Rojo for me. But Gaal should know best.

What about Smalling's recovery?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
elampiro:

Jone and Rojo for me. But Gaal should know best.

What about Smalling's recovery?
its supposed to be a minor injury.

'He be back soon/in a few weeks' is what I can remember reading.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
PietroRico: Phil jones returns

Here's hoping he doesn't do something silly at goodison park next week, e.g putting his head in the way of lukaku's foot. undecided

If he can't learn to protect himself at this stage of his career, too bad!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dadehmola:

Here's hoping he doesn't do something silly at goodison park next week, e.g putting his head in the way of lukaku's foot. undecided

If he can't learn to protect himself at this stage of his career, too bad!

We are playing at home.

This is a must win to boost our confidence for the West Brom game. It will be nice to get 6 points from these two matches knowing what awaits afterwards.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Herrera being fit is the next good news I need

(1) (2) (3) ... (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) ... (14380) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.