Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1082) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8736093 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by makkitush: 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
StarBoard:
Ol' boy, I don't do imbeciles.

This your father thing only shows where you grew up. I've noticed you, bonobo.
well i've noticed u too.i've noticed ur frustration.it is written all over ur comments.manure have really messed u up,they've made u to be more noisy,lousy,arrogant,wicked.how can u call me an illiterate wen u don't even know me.becos i said that manure fans are noisy,which is the truth(1080 pages compared to chelsea's 614 pages).this shows how arrogant nd stupid u are.
LAST BULLET.
Grow up nd respect urself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Keky: So, how do you ManUtd fans respond to the statement of Lord Gaal saying you should play the Everton way? Note Moyes used ManCity in his time
On Sunday's opponents: "I have to say that I like Everton because they want to play football like I want to play football".

Read well boy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
chrisley024: On Sunday's opponents: "I have to say that I like Everton because they want to play football like I want to play football".

Read well boy

everton would be destroyed on sunday. we have the home field advantage & everton just got back from their tie in europa game. the fatigue would tell on them if we make them chase the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Manchester United v Everton: Van Gaal set for sternest Premier League test

Manchester United face arguably their toughest opposition of the season so far when they welcome Everton to Old Trafford on Sunday.
Although Louis van Gaal's side have made a disappointing start to the 2014-15 Premier League, winning just two of their opening six fixtures, United are yet to face a side who finished in the top half last term.

In addition, United will be playing host to an Everton side who were among seven teams to get the better of the 20-time English champions in their own back yard during the 2013-14 league campaign.

Bryan Oviedo scored four minutes from time to hand Everton a 1-0 victory in December, when United were managed by former Goodison Park boss David Moyes.

United then fell to a 2-0 defeat on Merseyside in the reverse fixture and will be eager to halt their rotten run against Everton and build on last weekend's 2-1 win over West Ham.

And Van Gaal is under no illusion as to the quality of opposition this weekend.

"I have to say that I like Everton because they want to play football like I want to play football," he said. "It shall be a very interesting game.

"I know we lost to them twice last season, so it will be difficult.

"I hope we can dominate the game but they will want to do that too. They are more likely to play on the counter than us. That's also the difficulty."

Despite United's poor start, Everton boss Roberto Martinez has backed them to bounce back and knows his side will need to be careful on Sunday.

"Louis van Gaal has been a really successful manager abroad and without doubt he will bring success to the Premier League," he said. 

"In that respect it's a matter of time before they'll challenge for everything.

"We know we're going to be facing that challenge with a difficult air about it."

United captain Wayne Rooney is suspended following his red card in the victory over West Ham, with Van Gaal suggesting that Juan Mata could come into the starting XI in his place.

Former Everton man Marouane Fellaini (ankle) returned to training this week, but is not ready to play a full 90 minutes. Ander Herrera (rib), Chris Smalling (thigh), James Wilson (knock), Jesse Lingard (knee), Phil Jones (hamstring), Jonny Evans (ankle), Ashley Young (groin) and Sam Johnstone (elbow) fill a somewhat crowded treatment room at United.

Paddy McNair will continue in defence after making his first-team debut at Old Trafford last weekend.

Steven Pienaar (quad) could return for Everton, but James McCarthy (quad) and Seamus Coleman (soft tissue) face late fitness tests. Ross Barkley (knee) and Kevin Mirallas (hamstring) are both out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
SailorXY:
van Gaal said he's told the players who will be captain against Everton. I think Fletcher is assistant captain, so if there's a guess about who will captain the team in Rooney's absence, then Fletcher won't start
Okay bro..... That's a relief then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
coogar:

everton would be destroyed on sunday. we have the home field advantage & everton just got back from their tie in europa game. the fatigue would tell on them if we make them chase the ball.
We'll miss Herrera, don't know anyone in that midfield to help us in keeping possession.

Btw, I think LvG talks so much about the squad pre-match that the opponent already knows the line-up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
StarBoard:
Rooney?
The one who was mediocre in the hole and as a striker?
he Rooney who eliminated us vs Bayern and was generally shyting all over the season but pulling the wool over our eyes with the goal at Upton park?
Please.
Let's not recycle this argument.

Let's not
My hope is Mata puts up strong performance to challenge for the role
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
* Mata has 8 goals from his last 11 EPL matches.
* RVP has 4 goals from his last 11 EPL matches.
* Wayne Rooney has 9 goals from his last 11 EPL matches. ( Among these matches were Man City and Everton)

Starboard, tell me what you have against Wayne Rooney? Sometimes you guys write as if Wayne Rooney is not a Manchester United player. I don't get it at all. RVP is your sacred cow.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Let's not
My hope is Mata puts up strong performance to challenge for the role

Exactly what I he should have said.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
leggo: let welbeck have his time in the spotlight.. He has outscored the overrated Italian.

For now he has

But attitude aside ballotelli is more talented.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
chrisley024: We'll miss Herrera, don't know anyone in that midfield to help us in keeping possession.

Btw, I think LvG talks so much about the squad pre-match that the opponent already knows the line-up.
everyone knows the first 11 minus injuries, not much given away IMO
McNair is the only fit/available CB with Rojo cool
Herrera & Rooney will be absent from the team against West Ham, Mata is the obvious choice for Rooney (the world knows that). who slots in for Herrera is anybody's guess.
the emphasis is on tactics, not bodies wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
SailorXY:
Herrera & Rooney will be absent from the team against West Ham, Mata is the obvious choice for Rooney (the world knows that). who slots in for Herrera is anybody's guess.

herrera's replacement would be one of fellaini, fletcher or anderson. thank fëck for the international week. by the 20th, at least 6 of the 8 injured players should be up & running.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
coogar:

herrera's replacement would be one of fellaini, fletcher or anderson. thank fëck for the international week. by the 20th, at least 6 of the 8 injured players should be up & running.
LvG said no Fellaini so that leaves us with Fletcher, Ando and Pereira.

Int'l break will do us good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
elampiro:

They are not comparing, they are telling Wenger to train Welbeck to be like Henry. Secondly, it's not because he is English, it's done to all the players. Januzaj compared to CR7, Neymar. Fabio and Rafael got all the accolades, Mecheida, Ba, Moses, Yakubu, Amokachie, and many more. Even Spannish press and Italian press do it too. Just that we follow English fooball.

"I think it's consistency for Danny, consistency in a number of areas," Neville said on Sky Sports. "One, just playing,  he said it himself, playing as a centre-forward regularly, he was in and out of United's team and he was in and out of playing centre-forward, he was playing left and right wing.

"And then obviously the biggest thing, his centre-forward play for outside the box is sensational, his work-rate, his touch, it's just that consistency of finishing and I think that will come from confidence and belief. It's making sure that when he gets in that left channel he has a finish, when he gets one-on-one with the goalkeeper in a central area he has a finish.

"He's unplayable at times, he's a nightmare. He plays against John Terry and Gary Cahill on Sunday - they will not want to play against him. He's quick, he's strong, it's just the last bit has got to be delivered more consistently.

"It was top centre-forward play tonight and if he can get goals more consistently to his game you have got a real top-class centre-forward there.

"What Arsene Wenger did when Thierry Henry came to Arsenal, people forget at Monaco... I played against him as a 17-year-old, he was very raw, he played as a left winger... in fact his control was poor, he wasn't a goalscorer in those early years, however when he went to Arsenal it just completely took off for him.

"They were Thierry Henry goals and I'm not going to compare him to Thierry Henry because he's one of the best players in the world and one of the best players we ever had in the Premier League. But if Arsene Wenger can work with Danny Welbeck in the same way he did with Thierry Henry he will get an absolute bagful of goals."
https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/terry-cahill-wont-fancy-unplayable-welbeck-says-gary-061000511--spt.html

*they are comparing in the sense that they compared welbecks progress with henry's own earlier on in his career

*players get compared all the time and almost more often than not fail to live up to expectations.

*i follow all the major european leagues with almost the same enthusiasm..true I might follow the premier league more cause of my team...but the british press overdo it in the sense that talents of british youngsters[b] pale in comparison to their european counterparts[/b].

A drowning man will hang on to a straw the england national team hasn't won major tournament since 1966! these people are starved of success...any sign of the extraordinary is always blown out of prorportions...danny welbeck scores a hatrick against a team outside the top five major leagues in europe...everyone sees him as the next big team.

*welbeck doesn't play as a main striker/out and out striker yet can only manage just 11 assists in over 200 fixtures

*forget the hype danny welbeck is highly overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
SailorXY:
My problem with him is saying how our back will look like. Blackett is back while some thought Jones is fit. Would have kept his opponent guessing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
SailorXY: well the team I hope to see against Everton

--------------deGea-------------

Rafael---McNair-----Rojo---Shaw

----------------Blind-------------

Anderson-----------------diMaria

----------------Mata--------------

-----vanPersie--------Falcao-----

Anderson is the odd man out. If he can run and tackle, then we can hope for a good game. The ball will be played on the ground, Blind, Rafael, Di Maria and Mata should have a field day. I am not too sure about Anderson, but it's left to Gaal to know what he is bringing from the training.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Keky: Lol is Mata injured? Why is Spain not calling him up? Or he isn't as good as United fans think.

Your folly is legendary

Mata was called up for the following tourneys

*2010 world cup

*euro 2012

*2014 world cup

He wasn't called up for a few games and yet you start spewing bile...get a life loser.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
mcfarlin:

*they are comparing in the sense that they compared welbecks progress with henry's own earlier on in his career

*players get compared all the time and almost more often than not fail to live up to expectations.

*i follow all the major european leagues with almost the same enthusiasm..true I might follow the premier league more cause of my team...but the british press overdo it in the sense that talents of british youngsters[b] pale in comparison to their european counterparts[/b].

A drowning man will hang on to a straw the england national team hasn't won major tournament since 1966! these people are starved of success...any sign of the extraordinary is always blown out of prorportions...danny welbeck scores a hatrick against a team outside the top five major leagues in europe...everyone sees him as the next big team.

*welbeck doesn't play as a main striker/out and out striker yet can only manage just 11 assists in over 200 fixtures

*forget the hype danny welbeck is highly overrated.

Before the current team, Spain had not won anything and nobody said their press overhypped their players. More so you don't understand Spanish so you wouldn't know what their press write about. cheesy

What about Nigeria hyping Opabunmi, Chrisantus, Iheanacho, Phillip Osondu, Ogbeche, Oruma. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
chrisley024: My problem with him is saying how our back will look like. Blackett is back while some thought Jones is fit. Would have kept his opponent guessing.

You are correct. He even went as far as saying McNair is the only defender available who can play on the right CB. However, I can't know more than Gaal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
Danny Welbeck: Arsenal striker hits back at his critics

"Obviously people can say I have not scored enough goals, but you stick the best strikers on the wing in a four-man midfield and see if they score,"
said Welbeck, who hit a Champions League hat-trick against Galatasaray on Wednesday.
"Nobody can really criticise my finishing because they don't really see me playing in a forward position too often.
"But now I am getting into these positions I want to be sticking the ball in the back of the net. I am sure it's the same with every other striker."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29473438

lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
elampiro:

Before the current team, Spain had not won anything and nobody said their press overhypped their players. More so you don't understand Spanish so you wouldn't know what their press write about. cheesy

What about Nigeria hyping Opabunmi, Chrisantus, Iheanacho, Phillip Osondu, Ogbeche, Oruma. grin

*before the current spain squad spain have had good players in the past.

*#fact:if xavi,iniesta were english/british stars they would have being deified by the media...

*truth is those nigerian players you mentioned are very good..but unlike their european contemporaries they were not discovered at the right age hence they faded away easily[bar iheanacho..he's still active]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
mcfarlin:

*before the current spain squad spain have had good players in the past.

Easier to say now because they won something recently now. If England should win the next Euro cup, we will be told how great Beckham was, Roy Kean, Paul Scholes, Lampard, Gerald, Rooney, Terry, Lineker, Gerald, Shearer, Cole. Then the whole world would want to play like Sterling, Sturridge, Jones, Herderson, and more.

mcfarlin:

*#fact:if xavi,iniesta were english/british stars they would have being deified by the media...

Paul Scholes, Lampard, Beckham, Kean and the media did not burn..

mcfarlin:

*truth is those nigerian players you mentioned are very good..but unlike their european contemporaries they were not discovered at the right age hence they faded away easily[bar iheanacho..he's still active]

It doesnt matter. They were still praised to high heavens as if they would soon win the CAF best player award.

It's everywhere my guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
chrisley024: My problem with him is saying how our back will look like. Blackett is back while some thought Jones is fit. Would have kept his opponent guessing.

jones is a goat!
if he plays he would injure himself again. i woulda wanted fellaini to complete the triumvirate in the midfield cos of the height factor.

valencia can also be useful in the middle. he plays there for his country. i see no reason van gaal can't try him in the middle. we need runners in that middle to nullify everton.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
@Lily4star nice personal message there lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
Welbeck just challenged Costa, Benzenma, Aguero, Balotelli, etc, to play from the wing and see how many goals they can score. May be including Ibrahimovic. grin grin grin Hazard too would soon join Welbeck in this campaign.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
coogar:

jones is a goat!
if he plays he would injure himself again. i woulda wanted fellaini to complete the triumvirate in the midfield cos of the height factor.

valencia can also be useful in the middle. he plays there for his country. i see no reason van gaal can't try him in the middle. we need runners in that middle to nullify everton.

Bros se, hope all is well? cheesy

Gaal said Jones is not fit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
coogar:

jones is a goat!

Valencia has never been used in the middle @ United. in fact, i remember just once i saw him with the ball towards the left wing, i was like ?wetin this one dey find for that place? cheesy
i have forgotten that match now. we shouldn't forget that the diamond 4 interchange positions from time to time, i dont know how Valencia will cope or keep it compact cuz his brain is only wired to the white chalk on the right side
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
SailorXY: @Lily4star nice personal message there lol

you won't believe lily4star & some united fans have a thread in the wilderness. i doubt any of them has ever been in this section. they are all stuck in the main sports section. the mods don't help though, once in a while, they should be putting this thread on the FP to direct fans here instead of the other side.

elampiro:
Bros se, hope all is well? cheesy
Gaal said Jones is not fit.

who cares whether he's fit or not. i said even if he's fit to play, he's a goat & you can expect him to injure himself.

SailorXY:
Valencia has never been used in the middle @ United. in fact, i remember just once i saw him with the ball towards the left wing, i was like ?wetin this one dey find for that place? cheesy
i have forgotten that match now. we shouldn't forget that the diamond 4 interchange positions from time to time, i dont know how Valencia will cope or keep it compact cuz his brain is only wired to the white chalk on the right side

he's very good in the middle for ecuador!
valencia is their di maria with his direct running. he doesn't have to cross so it should be easier for him to just pass the ball to the players ahead of him & when he loses possession, he has the energy to drift back.

i just don't want any defensive role for mata tomorrow. if we play 3 runners in the middle, there wouldn't be any need for mata to track back. 7 players are enough to defend. let mata create while robin & radamel do the finishing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
SailorXY:

He has played there once for SAF. I think it was in 2011/12. I thought he did well because he did some fine forward runs. But that was Valencia of 2011/12.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2014

the hacks are going for fletcher in the middle. he's too frail to combat with besic & barry. gimme anderson or valencia in that role.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Our match is Sunday at noon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
anybody got sure picks for 2mao and sunday games?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.