Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1084) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8673651 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:26am On Oct 04, 2014
The Barca striker was asked, rather audaciously, if he is better than CR7.

More from the AP:

“I don’t compete with Cristiano at all. I just play my game and do my duty,” Messi said.

“And I am not interested in competing with him or anybody else. I’ve said many times that individual awards are the less important ones for me. I hope to be able to play a great season and help my team achieve the goals we have set at the beginning of the season. And in a club such as Barcelona those goals are winning titles.”
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/lionel-messi-was-asked-whether-he-was-better-than-cristiano-ronaldo/

CR7 sees it as a serious competition but Messi doesn't. But I don't think Messi is sincere in his answer. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lily4star(f): 9:43am On Oct 04, 2014
@Coogar and @SallorXY, not my fault, never knew a thread like this for MU fans existed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2014
Lily4star:
@Coogar and @SallorXY, not my fault, never knew a thread like this for MU fans existed
welcome to united thread
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:15am On Oct 04, 2014
elampiro i think messi is saying the truth...

That dude is so down to earth mehn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:18am On Oct 04, 2014
I hope we get maximum point at home 2mao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:31am On Oct 04, 2014
You shouldn't be a priest to see the fierce rivalry between Ronaldo and Messi, interviews are just shenanigans!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Numerouuuno: 10:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Odunharry:

because he isn't social ad cr7 doesn't mean he's humble.
dude isn't humble, he even called an opposition player "son of a LovePeddler".
let's forget this rubbish and pretence humility jare abeg
you never see the assumed proud Cr7 doing that.
we don't know about their personal lives per se ,its just what we read we know

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:55am On Oct 04, 2014
Odunharry:

messi is the most arrogant football player in the history of the game. he had no single respect for guardiola in the dressing room. he never listens and he breaks rules & regulations just for the fun of it - he knows he's barca's heartbeat & he cannot be sidelined.

forget the facade he puts on in public.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2014
coogar:

messi is the most arrogant football player in the history of the game. he had no single respect for guardiola in the dressing room. he never listens and he breaks rules & regulations just for the fun of it - he knows he's barca's heartbeat & he cannot be sidelined.

Pep told you all these?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:18am On Oct 04, 2014
Keky:
Pep told you all these?

yup!
pep left because messi became uncontrollable. what about his spat with tello....calling tello a nobody in football, that young player bursted into tears.

then he verbally murdered alexi sanchez - messi he said he doesn't know why he was that expensive when sanchez's job is to work for him. david villa also had problems with messi's attitude.

messi is a prïck!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 11:19am On Oct 04, 2014
What do you guys think of this formation for tomorrow's match?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2014
coogar:

yup!
pep left because messi became uncontrollable. what about his spat with tello....calling tello a nobody in football, that young player bursted into tears.

then he verbally murdered alexi sanchez - messi he said he doesn't know why he was that expensive when sanchez's job is to work for him. david villa also had problems with messi's attitude.

messi is a prïck!
Never knew you and Pep were so close.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
Keky:
Never knew you and Pep were so close.
what about this new tax evasion story
have you heard the "famous coca cola story" ?
Check the Pep Guardiola book "Another way of winning " to see a version of Messi the public won't recognise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
elampiro:

Welbeck hardly shoots. So how do you mean he misses so much. How does someone who hardly shoots misses so much? Welbeck has the same conversion rate as Chicharito even though Chicha plays closer to the goalkeeper than Welbeck- Chicha was a striker throughout.

Last season:

Welbeck total shot= 46, goals 9
Chicharito total shots 21, goals 4
Rooney total shots = 101, goals 17
RVP total shots= 62, goals 12.

What exactly does Welbeck do!? He hardly shoots... He doesn't play close to the goalkeeper... Bla, bla, bla...!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
RuuDie:

What exactly does Welbeck do!? He hardly shoots... He doesn't play close to the goalkeeper... Bla, bla, bla...!

he's a workaholic!
his ball retention ability is second to none for a striker. he works hard, he takes the ball off defenders like taking candy from a baby.

if the chances are created, welbeck scores goals. he was mismanaged at united cos we had to keep our A-list strikers happy. sometimes, it's almost a mistake for young players to go to big clubs. they get mismanaged so that big egos can be kept satisfied.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
coogar:

quite rich coming from someone who continually trumpets everyday, "the media will print what will make 'em sell..." I can see the way you preach what you practice!

Messi should be given 100 Oscars to go with the balons because till tomorrow he is still 'fooling' us with his 'public' humble demeanor!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
RuuDie:

quite rich coming from someone who continually trumpets everyday, "the media will print what will make 'em sell..." I can see the way you preach what you practice!

i didn't read this from any media.....
this is an information only few are privileged to have. messi is an arrogant prïck!

Messi should be given 100 Oscars to go with the balons because till tomorrow he is still 'fooling' us with his 'public' humble demeanor!

the public can be divided into two. the foolish ones who are sold by messi's facade & the wise ones who carried out their research.

which side are you?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
coogar:

he's a workaholic!
his ball retention ability is second to none for a striker. he works hard, he takes the ball off defenders like taking candy from a baby.

if the chances are created, welbeck scores goals. he was mismanaged at united cos we had to keep our A-list strikers happy. sometimes, it's almost a mistake for young players to go to big clubs. they get mismanaged so that big egos can be kept satisfied.

And all the while, we've been looking for central defenders and defensive midfielders when that koffi was here. Sh•t!

Well, I no blame Una... Na SAF cause all dis rubbish! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
RuuDie:

And all the while, we've been looking for central defenders and defensive midfielders when that koffi was here. Sh•t!

Well, I no blame Una... Na SAF cause all dis rubbish! angry

when welbeck wins the golden boot this season, you would come back & apologise on this thread.

danny welbeck - the black van basten. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
coogar:

i didn't read this from any media.....
this is an information only few are privileged to have. messi is an arrogant prïck!

the public can be divided into two. the foolish ones who are sold by messi's facade & the wise ones who carried out their research.

which side are you?

Abegi park, research from where!? Privileged few my black bvtt!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
coogar:

when welbeck wins the golden boot this season, you would come back & apologise on this thread.

danny welbeck - the black van basten. grin

And I will say again, add up everything he scores in all competitions - it will not surpass the lowest of all the UTD strikers can muster!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
RuuDie:

And I will say again, add up everything he scores in all competitions - it will not surpass the lowest of all the UTD strikers can muster!

he has played mostly as a defensive winger. not even ibrahimovic would score goals playing wide.

RuuDie:

Abegi park, research from where!? Privileged few my black bvtt!

answer my question first - on which side are you?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
coogar:

he has played mostly as a defensive winger. not even ibrahimovic would score goals playing wide.

You do realize that everything you say to defend welbeck is like further digging a hole and slotting him in... Defensive winger you say; ok!

coogar:

answer my question first - on which side are you?

On the side of those that have more commonsense than to swallow some of the crap you cone here to spew!
if you love cr7, love him...but don't try to paint messi bad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
RuuDie:

You sound so confused now. Welbecks rivals Chicharito in shot convertion rate. I thought you should be asking what Chicharito does because he sits in the box 247 while Welbeck goes to hunt and tackle.......

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
RuuDie:

You do realize that everything you say to defend welbeck is like further digging a hole and slotting him in... Defensive winger you say; ok!

how so? how many games did welbeck play for us as a centre forward? he's been with united for aeons & he never copped a hatrick. he's only been with arsënal for about a month & he's making headlines.....

that's all you need to know....

On the side of those that have more commonsense than to swallow some of the crap you cone here to spew!
if you love cr7, love him...but don't try to paint messi bad.

you are spewing bullshyte as usual.
i have read several autobiographies, interviews and journals of people who are closer to messi than any media & the spat with tello, sanchez, guardiola & david villa are all true. you are the one wallowing in a crap of delusion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Coogar, you did research on Messi, can we see the outcome? Verifiable evidence.

*Seriously, I don't believe that Messi's statement at all. The way Messi celebrates his goals when the tallies pushes him above CR7, goes to show he is so much alert to and conscious about the competition between them. Then when he was awarded Ballon d'or the last time, he was virtually mocking at CR7. But when CR7 won, he could hardly looked into Messi's face (direction). He was head bowed most of the time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
elampiro:
Coogar, you did research on Messi, can we see the outcome? Verifiable evidence.

this kinda gists are in-house but if you scour the internet very well, you would find traces of messi's shenanigans with his team-mates.

*Seriously, I don't believe that Messi's statement at all. The way Messi celebrates his goals when the tallies pushes him above CR7, goes to show he is so much alert to and conscious about the competition between them. Then when he was awarded Ballon d'or the last time, he was virtually mocking at CR7. But when CR7 won, he could hardly looked into Messi's direction. He was head bowed most of the time.

is anyone really expecting messi to say he hates CR7 or he thinks of CR7's record every day & night. of course he has to keep it professional. however, all the footballers interviewed have said they are all conscious of rivalries, what's been said about them, etc? rio ferdinand said every footballer buys about a dozen newspapers everyday to read about their player ratings - they are that self conscious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Messi refused to show mercy grin

The little magician dressed like a magician cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
It was all about himself and not mocking anyone.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Seriously, I would love to see this tomorrow.

------------------De Gea-------------

Raphael-----Jones------Rojo----- Shaw

-------------------Blind---------------------

-----------Fellaini------Mata------------

--Valencia------------------Di Maria-----

-----------------Falcao--------------------

Van Persie should come in later.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
nitrogen:
Seriously, I would love to see this tomorrow.

------------------De Gea-------------

Raphael-----Jones------Rojo----- Shaw

-------------------Blind---------------------

-----------Fellaini------Mata------------

--Valencia------------------Di Maria-----

-----------------Falcao--------------------

Van Persie should come in later.

valencia to start a game ahead of RVP? grin cheesy how's that even possible? the only reason valencia can get into the team is if rafael gets injured. by the time jones become very fit, valencia will never start a game again this season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
With all the time in the world Lambert missed even though Foster had invited a chip.

More of that Lambert.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Fladm(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.