Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,310 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8669712 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:54am On Oct 05, 2014
Shirley07:

Suarez was deployed in a withdrawn striking role behind Sturridge and Sterling last season, similar to how Rooney has been deployed in the last 2 games.
'

You are 100% wrong. Sterling never play the number 9. Suarez was the number 9, but they also sometimes played three-man forward with Suarez working more as the false 9 than Sturridge. We have dealt with this with before. I may have to search out the page to refer you back.

Shirley07:

On Rvp, he wasn't just a striker for Arsenal, he was their source of creativity in his last season for Arsenal. Infact, Rvp and Song were Arsenal's most important players that season and do tell me the players that stepped out of Rvp's shadow as soon as he left?

Why was Arsenal struggling when RVP was there? Have you thought of that? He just sat in their box and waited for others to work for him. He was just a striker like Benzema is for Madrid or as Nilstelrooy was for Man United. He didn't drop deep to create from the deep.

Shirley07:

Lastly, when I say Rooney's play is nothing like a SS, it means he doesn't play like one evethough he's deployed in that role. The second striker/false 9 role requires intelligent movement and awareness, good short interplay, appreciation of space and superb techniques. Rooney showed none of these in that role. As a matter of fact, Totti and Messi are still the master in that role. Ibra and Suarez are not slouch either.
Abeg, I wan sleep.

This is the greatest fallacy soccer has witnessed since it was introduced to planet earth. Where has Rooney played since he joined Man United that we won many trophies? He played dominantly as the second striker/attacking midfielder.

The videos I submitted yesterday, where was Rooney operating from? That was second striker or attacking midfielder. Did you see how much he took the ball single handedly from our half into the final third for those assists? How many attacking midfielders can do that? What we have nowadays are just lazy number 10 who midfielders work for, then they just pretend to throw some intelligent passes to up their stats in terms of chances created.

Tell me any one SS/number 10/AM who can score as many goals as Rooney, provide many assists and help out defensively while bursting forward 40 yards with a speeding run and dribbling? The reason Rooney has many goals from distance more than any EPL player in the last 5 years is the fact that he is the master in the acts of wiining midfield battles and creating from the deep. This was what made United thick until we abadoned speeding football and ruuning riots from the deep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:55am On Oct 05, 2014
De Gea Rafael, McNair, Rojo, Shaw
Di Maria,fletcher/carrick, Blind, Mata
van Persie, Falcao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:02am On Oct 05, 2014
BinghiNya:
Elamps better channel your efforts to better things, their criticism of rooney won't affect his weekly wages nor change the good works he has done for both country and club, the managers rooney played under should be termed foolish for playing a poor player for over a decade, wazza the double captain, united fan's home and abroad love your contributions and passion for united.

I think this is the solution. You are so right.

If Rooney was not any good Gaal who was so promoted here as a no nonsense man should not have been playing him. They told us Gaal would sell Rooney but players like Kagawa, Chicharito, Cleverley would be promoted. Now Gaal has arrived, it's a different gospel. I think these guys and babes just get Hot pulling Rooney down. Let me leave them alone to climax to their orgasm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:04am On Oct 05, 2014
Valencia is coming in for Herrera.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2014
leggo:
Di Maria v Everton - 5 assists in 3
games

Di Maria or Mata
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2014
Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka (c), Stones,
Baines, Barry, Besic, Pienaar, Mcgeady,
Naismith, Lukaku... Falcao should have no problems with hibbert
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2014
PietroRico:
lol. Stop making things up.
[b]No one[b] doubts What he has contributed to the club

If na by that one, the likes of giggs, scholes, and even bobby charlton would still be in the starting 11 cheesy

We're more concerned with what he can offer now.

As for he being our best player, all I can type is lol.

what we keep trying to say and he never accepts!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:07am On Oct 05, 2014
elampiro:

Di Maria or Mata
di maria.. Europa league with Benfica
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2014
I'm not so comfortable with McNair against the physicality of Lukaku...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Enegod(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2014
United XI: De Gea; Rafael,
McNair, Rojo, Shaw; Blind;
Valencia, Di Maria; Mata; Falcao,
van Persie (c)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:08am On Oct 05, 2014
........................................DE GEA.........................................

.....RAFAEL...........MCNAIR...........ROJO...............SHAW........

.....................................BLIND.............................................

...............VALENCIA.............................DI MARIA...............

....................................MATA............................................

..........................RVP.................FALCAO..........................

SUBS: Lindegaard, Thorpe,Blackett, Januzaj, Fletcher,Fellaini, Wilson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2014
leggo:
Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka (c), Stones,
Baines, Barry, Besic, Pienaar, Mcgeady,
Naismith, Lukaku... Falcao should have no problems with hibbert
him suppose score today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Odunharry:
De Gea Rafael, McNair, Rojo, Shaw
Di Maria,VALENCIA, Blind, Mata
van Persie, Falcao

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Enegod:
United XI: De Gea; Rafael,
McNair, Rojo, Shaw; Blind;
Valencia, Di Maria; Mata; Falcao,
van Persie (c)
nice formation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:09am On Oct 05, 2014
hopefully the balls won't be going so much to the right (Valencia)!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:11am On Oct 05, 2014
leggo:
wetin be d right formation gan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:12am On Oct 05, 2014
Odunharry:

him suppose score today
yeah let's just hope he's fit to complete 90 mins, him and di maria
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:14am On Oct 05, 2014
No Coleman, no McCarthy! cheesy We should be flogged if don't win this Everton team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:17am On Oct 05, 2014
parrotibaba:
I can't believe what am reading in dis thread? Wayne Rooney is not good as a striker, he doesn't hv d movement blah blah blah...

...in 2009/2010 season who was our main focal point of attack? in 2007/2008 n in 2008/2009 who were d deadliest attacking duo in EPL n in Europe? d fact is Rooney is a game changer n he is versatile i.e he can play as a winger,a supporting striker(which brings d best outta him),an attacking midfielder, a defensive midfielder n finally a left back but being versatile does not mk u d master of all positions n as far as I know, he is at his best playing behind d striker not in d midfield.... as I know, Sir Alex Ferguson loves versatile players n his squad was full of versatile players who can switch roles when needed...n dats why Rooney was able to fill in d midfield role in 2011/2012 season n even played d defensive midfield role against Otelu Galati in d UCL dat season but u should know, its not his position n dis season, he's being played out of position cos we hv falcao now so don't expect him to do wonders dia...Wayne Rooney is a wonderful striker n is still adapting to being captain of both his club n country n let me tell u,it ain't easy at all...

...let's just pray n hope dat Juan mata fills in perfectly in dat role so dat we will hv a good game today...we need to outscore Everton if we r to win dis match... #UpManUtd

You have good memory and you wrote this so well. Everyone who played competitive football knows that versatile players usually get sacrificed. Paul Scholes was played on the wing to accommodate Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard in midfield at Euro 2004 because of his versatility. Nobody reasonable manager will play a one sided Chicharito/RVP in the midfield and play Rooney as a striker. SAF most times used Rooney to clip opposing midfielders while we defend (as he did against Essien in 20011) knowing fully well Rooney would still deliver the goodies required as a number/attacking midfielder. The coaches who used him knew what enormous value Rooney brought to our game. Rooney has just too be sefless.

Let who wants to hate keep hating. Na them know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Good luck to us. We need to win this and the next game, at least. Chelsea- anything can happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2014
My fear is we being overrun in that midfield; if Val hugs the line, that leaves Blind exposed with Mata 's lack of tracking back.

Goodluck to us!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:26am On Oct 05, 2014
pls who heard what hasselbank had to say about welbeck!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2014
What time are we playing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by r231(m): 11:31am On Oct 05, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:
What time are we playing?

3pm grin grin

Joke...it's 12pm in half an hr
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2014
chrisley024 :
My fear is we being overrun in that midfield; if Val hugs the line, that leaves Blind exposed with Mata 's lack of tracking back.
Goodluck to us!

My exact sentiments...

I hope we don't get dominated in midfield and that lukaku plays out wide.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:39am On Oct 05, 2014
always nice to see lvg & rg talk with smiles on their faces...at least, there seems to be harmony, understanding and some mutual respect there.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2014
RuuDie:
pls who heard what hasselbank had to say about welbeck!?

I heard him HOWEVER everybody has his own opinion, certainly Jimmy Floyd isn't all knowing....he just stated an opinion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2014
chrisley024:

Goodluck to us!

Here is where the bench have to help... Instruct 'em as game progresses.

afrodoc2:

I heard him HOWEVER everybody has his own opinion, certainly Jimmy Floyd isn't all knowing....he just stated an opinion.

I feel you... Its not like he 'damned' welbeck; but IMO he was fairly correct in his assessment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2014
RVP is skipper...!

shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2014
RuuDie:

Here is where the bench have to help... Instruct 'em as game progresses.

I feel you... Its not like he 'damned' welbeck; but IMO he was fairly correct in his assessment.

Fair enough. Let us see what happens with him at Arsenal, i wish him well. I remember very well that in the 90s people used to criticize Andy Cole to for missing too many chances.........he only ended up being the EPL's 2nd top scorer all-time.

I am not saying Danny is going to be Andy Cole but his poor goals to games ratio is misleading because he has been played most times in midfield and the wings. Also despite the perception here and in other places his chance conversion rate was better than most of the top strikers in the EPL over the last couple of seasons.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:57am On Oct 05, 2014
Game on! Come on!!
20 TIMES! 20 TIMES!!
THE MATT BUSBY WAY!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:59am On Oct 05, 2014
We need this 3points like mad.

Will take us to 4th.

Let's Go there!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TrebleChamp(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.