Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8673133 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2014
elampiro:

Is this not what ought to have been corrected during the match?

Anyway, this is somewhat my opinion earlier. We have too many men pushing into attacking positions. If Rafael pushes forward, then Blind and Shaw should stay back. We have enough fire power upfront to win matches. If the forward cannot score, that is their headache jor. In a nutshell, we should be prudent in getting back men into attacking area.
my thought exactly...evrybdy just wana attack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:52am On Oct 21, 2014
SailorXY:

Januzaj need game time, its that simple. RvP & Mata are off-form despite their constant time on the pitch. let their spot be transferred to Falcao, Wilson & Januzaj, if they come up to speed faster, then they should retain their spots #finish

why should we 'suffer' the downside of van Persie when there are others on the bench? wetin you mean sef

I didn't 'talk bad' of Rooney, only buttressed a point! as a matter of fact, his absence has been glaring, thanks to Mata
Jzj won't get that game time here except we loan him out we can't afford to experiment now we have played most of the weakest teams and only Meagre points to show for it.
I meant that the we didn't but RVP thinking about the longtime we wanted a quick fix the next season and we got it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2014
SailorXY:
Mata tho smh. the terrible free-kick he played in the first half sef, na wa. he was soo in a hurry to take it, i don't even know why!
for all the frustrating gimmicks of Januzaj, let's not forget formative years of a talented player is very frustrating and this is even his first start/90' of the season. i don't get the gross impatience with guys here about the lad. even if he was the worst player on the pitch... so? na wa o.
[b]i see Ruudie and some other folks defending van Persie like their life depend on it, even when it is daylight, that he hasn't earned a single starting berth this season. [/b]same with elampiro and some others defending Rooney for long spells when he was beyond abysmal.
let's allow van Gaal nuture him the way he thinks is best, the club will still be the biggest winners in the situation no matter what.

This is the one game that I have said anything in RVP's defence all season and this is because I saw he was putting in a lot of effort and mileage when we did not have the ball. Like I pointed out, even the chance where he refused to pass came as a result of him not giving up on what others would have called a 'lost cause'.He may not have been productive but I cannot fault his attitude all through the game!

As for Mata, I guess he knows he has not been performing as well as many expect of him and was eager to 'make amends'. Anyway, I'd still have left him in the game and taken off Januzaj instead... the small boy just been dey do leg-over wey no catch anybody! grin

At least, they fought back and equalized; almost won sef. I will take small solace from that. But for the Chelsea game, I have lost any iota of hope I may have had!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:26am On Oct 21, 2014
And can someone please tell LVG to stop writing on that silly board, paper or whatever and actually go to the touchline and bellow out instructions to the players... or at least send someone to do it. All they do is chat with themselves all game long. It is getting very "Onigbinde-ish" angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:33am On Oct 21, 2014
Odunharry:

my thought exactly...evrybdy just wana attack

elampiro:

Is this not what ought to have been corrected during the match?
Anyway, this is somewhat my opinion earlier. We have too many men pushing into attacking positions. If Rafael pushes forward, then Blind and Shaw should stay back. We have enough fire power upfront to win matches. If the forward cannot score, that is their headache jor. In a nutshell, we should be prudent in getting back men into attacking area.

Well, I guess this is what the coaches want or are telling them to do... LVG needs to re-assess his approach or demands on the players!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2014
The. Chelsea game is 50/50. Same with Man City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:06am On Oct 21, 2014
SailorXY:

Januzaj need game time, its that simple. RvP & Mata are off-form despite their constant time on the pitch. let their spot be transferred to Falcao, Wilson & Januzaj, if they come up to speed faster, then they should retain their spots #finish

why should we 'suffer' the downside of van Persie when there are others on the bench? wetin you mean sef

I didn't 'talk bad' of Rooney, only buttressed a point! as a matter of fact, his absence has been glaring, thanks to Mata
We aren't missing any Rooney. Afterall we haven't lost since he left. Fellaini is lethal in opponent's box; that's where he harras players, so try him there(Mata's position). His problem has been when played in the midfield with its lots of responsibilities.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:12am On Oct 21, 2014
RuuDie:

This is the one game that I have said anything in RVP's defence all season and this is because I saw he was putting in a lot of effort and mileage when we did not have the ball. Like I pointed out, even the chance where he refused to pass came as a result of him not giving up on what others would have called a 'lost cause'.He may not have been productive but I cannot fault his attitude all through the game!

As for Mata, I guess he knows he has not been performing as well as many expect of him and was eager to 'make amends'. Anyway, I'd still have left him in the game and taken off Januzaj instead... the small boy just been dey do leg-over wey no catch anybody! grin

At least, they fought back and equalized; almost won sef. I will take small solace from that. But for the Chelsea game, I have lost any iota of hope I may have had!

the end result is what everyone sees from afar, but Man United had the game in their pockets all night long. a few lapses in defence ensured we didn't get all points, but the team effort is up to standard.

I can't berate Jones & Rojo because we are yet to settle on a pairing due to injuries, but the both momentary loss of concentration lead to the only two chances that came to West Brom. unfortunately, they both ended in the net with well taken strikes.

we will review the Chelshit game on Saturday evening, till then, make e just be turkey everybody dey chew
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2014
elampiro:

Jones and Rojo played Berahino offside even before Jones went for the tackle. Looking at this this gif, I think Michael Owen was right when he put the blame squarely on Rafael.

stop watching football with your nose.
the 4 defenders were in line. the line only moves forward when they sense a through-pass is about to be made. in this situation, jones broke ranks when the ball was passed backwards by west brom, thus leaving a big space behind him. berahino occupied the space jones had left & the rest is history......

jones was 100% culpable for that goal - he was the only one that charged forward & he wasn't trying to set offside trap. he was just being morönic of getting too attracted to the ball he couldn't even get to.

Another thing your gif did not show was that Berahino was marked by Rojo before Jones moved out. Rojo ought to have kept an eye on him and keep close.

why did jones move out? he only needed to move out if he could reach the ball. he couldn't - he didn't even get near & the player he charged towards was backing our goal. a smart defender should have known it was a decoy to lure him out of position.

phil jones is a möron.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2014
chrisley024:
We aren't missing any Rooney. Afterall we haven't lost since he left. Fellaini is lethal in opponent's box; that's where he harras players, so try him there(Mata's position). His problem has been when played in the midfield with its lots of responsibilities.
we miss his hustle, drive and customary goal/assist per game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2014
SailorXY:

we miss his hustle, drive and customary goal/assist per game

where was that hustle against leicester & swansea? we aren't missing rooney at all. yes, mata hasn't lit up the stage but it's not his fault that LVG changed the formation completely last night. we played 4-1-4-1. mata isn't a CM, he's an AM. rooney too would struggle in a 4-man midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:25am On Oct 21, 2014
coogar:

stop watching football with your nose.
the 4 defenders were in line. the line only moves forward when they sense a through-pass is about to be made. in this situation, jones broke ranks when the ball was passed backwards by west brom, thus leaving a big space behind him. berahino occupied the space jones had left & the rest is history......

jones was 100% culpable for that goal - he was the only one that charged forward & he wasn't trying to set offside trap. he was just being morönic of getting too attracted to the ball he couldn't even get to.

why did jones move out? he only needed to move out if he could reach the ball. he couldn't - he didn't even get near & the player he charged towards was backing our goal. a smart defender should have known it was a decoy to lure him out of position.

phil jones is a möron.

I have always told you you don't know ball. Stop relying on gif to make judgment. The centre back played him offside from the start. Michael Owen and the other guys played it over and over again last night. Michael Owen put it on Rafael.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:28am On Oct 21, 2014
elampiro:

I have always told you you don't know ball. Stop relying on gif to make judgment. The centre back played him offside from the start. Michael Owen and the other guys played it over and over again last night. Michael Owen put it on Rafael.

what does michael owen know about football? he didn't even pass his o'levels. phil jones was absolutely slaughtered by united fans last night for defending like an ape.

what did he charge out for like that? he was the only defender that broke out of the defence line. he wasn't setting any offside trap....after the goal, you could see rafael shouting at him that he's a fool!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:30am On Oct 21, 2014
coogar:

where was that hustle against leicester & swansea? we aren't missing rooney at all. yes, mata hasn't lit up the stage but it's not his fault that LVG changed the formation completely last night. we played 4-1-4-1. mata isn't a CM, he's an AM. rooney too would struggle in a 4-man midfield.

* Did we have Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Rojo, RVP, Falcao against Swansea?

* Against Leicester, controversial decisions were the turning point. There were also countless missed chances that should have long buried the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:35am On Oct 21, 2014
coogar:

what does michael owen know about football? he didn't even pass his o'levels. phil jones was absolutely slaughtered by united fans last night for defending like an ape.

what did he charge out for like that? he was the only defender that broke out of the defence line. he wasn't setting any offside trap....after the goal, you could see rafael shouting at him that he's a fool!

Coogar, a self acclaimed football analyst who learnt football from video games and online studies, is asking Michael Owen, a man who played football to the highest and for the best clubs in the world what he knows about football. Ukwu!!!

All the guys last night were ex professionals.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:37am On Oct 21, 2014
elampiro:

we had herrera against swansea. if a £300k striker cannot impose his brilliance against swansea then he's useless. what was Rooney's contribution against burnley? zero!!!

* Against Leicester, controversial decisions were the turning point. There were also countless missed chances that should have long buried the game.

controversial decision at 3-2!
what did rooney do after 3-2? made a stüpid clearance that got the opponents back to 3-3 and then shouted at a young defender when rooney himself was the culprit.

since rooney got sent off, we haven't lost a game & i am 100% sure we will keep it that way until the fat boy gets back. he will walk straight back into the team & united will lose against city. it's been written in the stars.

elampiro:

Coogar, a self acclaimed football analyst who learnt football from video games and online studies, is asking Michael Owen, a man who played football to the highest and for the best clubs in the world what he knows about football. Ukwu!!!
All the guys last night were ex professionals.

sky showed that match. owen isn't on their panel so i don't even know where you saw owen blaming rafael. can you find us a link? or is this one of those things you exclusively saw like hargreaves clipping messi's left foot?

united fans slaughtered jones on a global scale.

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/2jthil/berahino_goal_vs_man_utd/

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/phil-jones-2014-15-performances.394004/page-12
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:50am On Oct 21, 2014
coogar:

we had herrera against swansea. if a £300k striker cannot impose his brilliance against swansea then he's useless. what was Rooney's contribution against burnley? zero!!!

controversial decision at 3-2!
what did rooney do after 3-2? made a stüpid clearance that got the opponents back to 3-3 and then shouted at a young defender when rooney himself was the culprit.

since rooney got sent off, we had not lost a game & i am 100% sure we will keep it that way until the fat boy gets back. he will walk straight back into the team & united will lose against city. it's been written in the stars.

sky showed that match. owen isn't on their panel so i don't even know where you saw owen blaming rafael. can you find us a link? or is this one of those things you exclusively saw like hargreaves clipping messi's left foot?

united fans slaughtered jones on a global scale.

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/2jthil/berahino_goal_vs_man_utd/

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/phil-jones-2014-15-performances.394004/page-12

* Scores was at 2-1 when Mata left the match. Mata actually lost us that match. Thank God for Falcao who came to add bite.

* RVP missed 3 clear chances lost us the match against Leicester.

Mata is making Di Maria and Herrera look ordinary. Your 'Waste of Money' is clueless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:52am On Oct 21, 2014
elampiro:

* Scores was at 2-1 when Mata left the match. Mata actually lost us that match. Thank God for Falcao who came to add bite.

* RVP missed 3 clear chances lost us the match against Leicester.

Mata is making Di Maria and Herrera look ordinary. Your 'Waste of Money' is clueless.

where's the owen link, brother elampawa? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2014
coogar:

where's the owen link, brother elampawa? grin

Mr Coolie-guy, except if you tell me the person I saw on DSTV post match reaction yesterday was Owen look alike.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2014
elampiro:

Mr Coolie-guy, except if you tell me the person I saw on DSTV post match reaction yesterday was Owen look alike.

owen now works for DSTV? grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1800645_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

those are owen's last tweets - i am struggling to find where he put the blame on rafael in any of those tweets.

owen works for BT sports. yesterday's game was exclusively owned by skysports. there's no way owen would comment on a game that was not shown by his employers/tv network.

elampawa, did you see owen in your calabash?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2014
coogar:

owen now works for DSTV? grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1800645_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

those are owen's last tweets - i am struggling to find where he put the blame on rafael in any of those tweets.

owen works for BT sports. yesterday's game was exclusively owned by skysports. there's no way owen would comment on a game that was not shown by his employers/tv network.

elampawa, did you see owen in your calabash?

Na you know o. Last night, minutes after the game, I returned to the TV and I saw someone who looks like Owen blaming Rafael for the goal. A caller from South Africa called him Michael Owen. Now you make me doubt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2014
elampiro:

Na you know o. Last night, minutes after the game, I returned to the TV and I saw someone who looks like Owen blaming Rafael for the goal. A caller from South Africa called him Michael Owen. Now you make me doubt.

someone who looks like owen in south africa? grin cheesy cheesy

BT sports own michael owen & scholes. they can only be on TV in games beamed by BT(mostly 12.45pm games on saturday)

skysports own jamie redknapp, carragher & neville. they show monday night games. the stations treat their games exclusively. the other station cannot even show football highlights of the game they don't have the rights to - they only show still-pictures.

so my friend, it wasn't owen you saw grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:23am On Oct 21, 2014
coogar:

BT sports own michael owen & scholes. they can only be on TV in games beamed by BT(mostly 12.45pm games on saturday)

skysports own jamie redknapp, carragher & neville. they show monday night games. the stations treat their games exclusively. the other station cannot even show football highlights of the game they don't have the rights to - they only show still-pictures.

so my friend, it wasn't owen you saw grin
that was michael Owen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:29am On Oct 21, 2014
coogar:

Lol.

Not South Africa. DSTV Super sports usually use ex EPL stars to analyze their games, like John Barnes. I have not paid attention if they join Skysports or whether they have a studio in England. In the UCL, they use such players as Kuffor, Gullit.

The thing is I don't usually pay attention to their analysis.

May be SailorXY can bail us out here. I was convinced it was Owen until you raised an objection now. However, if it is not Owen, it is an ex pro EPL player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:31am On Oct 21, 2014
elampiro:

Did i hear you say controversial decision?! If i hear that again.............
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:34am On Oct 21, 2014
PietroRico:
that was michael Owen

Expatriate pls. Coogar is making me to doubt what I saw last night and a caller even mentioned his name.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2014
PietroRico:
that was michael Owen

please show me a picture of him & what he said concerning the second goal conceded. most of y'all have PVRs on DSTV so you can record & watch it again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Did i hear you say controversial decision?! If i hear that again.............

Mr man your own club still has serious issues!

Stop taking panadol for another mans headache!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
mcfarlin:

Mr man your own club still has serious issues!

Stop taking panadol for another mans headache!

don't mind him....
his team is below us & yet he won't let us breathe. the way we play football has super-improved, even better than the last few seasons of sir alex.

it's just that injuries haven't allowed us to find consistency & team chemistry. all the teams above us have been able to name a constant first XI while we keep changing ours(particularly in the defence) which cannot help the defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
Let's stop inventing excuses for Mata he has played like crap and he'll be the first to admit.
At this rate I want Fellani to start the match against Chelsea at least if we don't get the Creativity that Mata Is supposed to produce we get Aerial presence and a better defensive job from Fellani.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by incredibleone: 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
If all this man u fans ar like this-analysing and blaming,hope u wnt die on sunday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Let's stop inventing excuses for Mata he has played like crap and he'll be the first to admit.
At this rate I want Fellani to start the match against Chelsea at least if we don't get the Creativity that Mata Is supposed to produce we get Aerial presence and a better defensive job from Fellani.

put mata in the hole & he will excel....
it's as simple as that - i would still have mata behind 2-strikers against chelsea. fellaini can partner blind in the midfield.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: YourBestWriter, ChristoBam and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.