Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8708248 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

oscar is a defender posing to be a playmaker - he's got nothing over mata apart from his defensive quality. oscar is excellent at his secondary role but very poor at his primary role.

45% pass accuracy is the worst i have seen since OPTA started collating stats. cheesy

I have honestly never in my life heard such a foolish utterance before. Mata is not a playmaker, but Oscar is? grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nihilist:

Which Riquelme? Juan Riquelme the Argentine?

Yeah...

If you were asked to pick the player who defined the word "playmaking" and you had to choose between him and mata ( during his supposed top class "playmaking" at Chelsea),who would be your choice?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Dadehmola:

Yeah...

If you were asked to pick the player who defined the word "playmaking" and you had to choose between him and mata ( during his supposed top class "playmaking" at Chelsea),who would be your choice?

Riquelme was the daddy of all number 10s, the king of Enganches and I would obviously pick Riquelme over Mata(Subject to tactical tweak of course)

But that's not saying much....Robben is one of the best wingers in the world, but I would still pick Ronaldo over him so.... undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nihilist:

I have honestly never in my life heard such a foolish utterance before. Mata is not a playmaker, but Oscar is? grin grin grin grin

go easy on her.....
for a female, she tried. cheesy grin

Nihilist:

Riquelme was the daddy of all number 10s, the king of Enganches and I would obviously pick Riquelme over Mata(Subject to tactical tweak of course)
But that's not saying much....Robben is one of the best wingers in the world, but I would still pick Ronaldo over him so.... undecided

riquelme's biggest criticism was also his reluctance to track back & get his shorts dirty but he's a brilliant player. i would choose him over mata too cos of his dead ball delivery & accurate through-balls. he's one of the best to do it.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

if you knew carrick was a playmaker, you wouldn't have made the other idiötic statement about what carrick was doing on the list as if i was the one that created the list. fact remains carrick was the deep-lying playmaker making the "assist of the assists" to the wingers who were supplying our strikers.

grin

I didnt pay attention to this before. Carrick was dominated by team mates in other stats excpet passing.

coogar:

this is another big discovery that rooney wasn't in the hole in 11/12 like you have lied to us for years. the route to attack that year was carrick to the wingers --> wingers to the strikers. a deep-lying playmaker can go direct to the strikers or make assist of assists. another football education for you.

grin

I JUST GOT TO SEE THIS NOW.

I have told you that the wingers were very busy and they were the set piece takers. The following tells it all.

Passes completed. Rooney almost tied Carrick (our top passer) in very many matches i listed here (one by one) few weeks ago. I also showed he was one of our best short passers. He wouldn't have achieved that from the number 9.

Accurate Long balls: Rooney had one accurate long ball every 15 minutes. Carrick every 14 mins. Among the regular players, Rooney was 3rd behind Scholes and Carrick. Even Giggs had in every 24 minutes. Berba had every 171 minutes. You can see the difference.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

silva plays for the better team in the last 2-3 seasons at least. silva vs mata on the pitch is your fantasy. the two of them don't see eye to eye on the pitch so how can silva make mata his bïtch?

and it's not badluck that they lost to united? i laugh each time people select when to use bad luck as their excuse. the saints lost to a hopeless liverpool side with morgan in the team & you deemed it bad luck - why not use the same excuse in the games they have lost without morgan?

morgan is shyte!
if he was good, he woulda followed the mass exodus of his team mates last summer. no big club came for him.

it's a combination of many variables - the fixtures favoured them & they have a decent coach who made many smart buys. nothing to do with morgan schnerderlin.

where was his brain against liverpool & spurs?

oscar can't clean mata's boots.
if oscar was better, mata wouldn't have won player of the season for 2 consecutive seasons.

mata is miles better than oscar bar defensive qualities. mata is too small to offer anything defensively. he's short & small-framed.....in the attacking part of the game, only zola is better than mata in the last 15 seasons or thereabout.
Nope. Chelsea team had players pulling up their weight in their CL campaign whereas City players always goes on holiday everytime they notice they have CL games but the difference is, Silva still thrive in that team whereas Mata becomes useless despite his team mates' effort.
Also, Mata and Silva has had more than 1 encounter when Mata was at Chelsea and you know what happened? The usual Mata's style against good teams- becomes invisible.
That said, I don't know why I was wasting my time arguing with you on Saint loss against Liverpool when it was their 1st game of the season, especially after the drama they went through in the transfer window when so many of their players left. No sane person would even question their loss in that game when so many new players were just acclimatizing to their new club.
As for Morgan, he's a fine player wanted by Arsenal during the window and is Arsenal not a top club? He's even got into the french national team which is also a top team. That speaks of his fantastic ability..
As for Oscar, he's a fantastic little player. I was first enchanted with him when he played for the Brazilian team in their friendlies against Argentina and England in preparation for the olympics. I even wanted Manutd to sign him. Classy little player, better than that useless fraud.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampiro:

I didnt pay attention to this before. Carrick was dominated by team mates in other stats excpet passing.

to be a playmaker, you get the most passes cos other team mates look up to you to do something with the ball. carrick collects it from the centre-halves & distribute with accuracy to the players that will cause havoc.

I JUST GOT TO SEE THIS NOW.

I have told you that the wingers were very busy and they were the set piece takers. The following tells it all.

how did the ball get to the wingers - were they the ones taking them from de gea or carrick? how did the entire play also bypass rooney - he had the lowest chance creation stats in a list that included young, valencia & nani.

Passes completed. Rooney almost tied Carrick (our top passer) in very many matches i listed here (one by one) few weeks ago. I also showed he was one of our best short passers. He wouldn't have achieved that from the number 9.

rooney played many games that season - having many passes was expected if you play 34 league games - that doesn't disprove the fact that he was not in the hole. united played 4-4-2 that season.

Accurate Long balls: Rooney had one accurate long ball every 15 minutes. Carrick every 14 mins. Among the regular players, Rooney was 3rd behind Scholes and Carrick. Even Giggs had in every 24 minutes. Berba had every 171 minutes. You can see the difference.

accurate long balls include set plays too. van persie wasn't in united that season & rooney took many set plays that year. you still don't know how to read stats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

you weren't differentiating anything...,

why are you lying now?
everyone knew rooney underhit the pass & that was exactly the reason di maria had to chip the ball.....

he has the most blocked shots of any striker in the world. rooney can't think straight - he doesn't dummy his markers.....he hits the ball straight at the direction he's facing. too predictable!

* I differentiated them. May be you didn't want to understand.

* Rooney did not under hit the pass. Rooney gave a precise sexy pass for Di Maria to score goal of the season.

* What has blocked shot got to do? A midfielder should have blocked shots than number 9s.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
leggo:
lol.. Never say this in public again. Messi stands head and shoulders above silva in every aspect of the game
Shift jor. Messi that went to waste as soon as his mum and dad (Xaviesta) started to decline. Do you watch City 2-0 loss to Barca in the CL last season? Silva was the best player on the pitch in that game. Hands down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampiro:

* I differentiated them. May be you didn't want to understand.

go home & learn what it takes to be a DLP.

* Rooney did not under hit the pass. Rooney gave a precise sexy pass for Di Maria to score goal of the season.

something that many pundits pointed out after i made mention of it here.....rooney made a bad pass to di maria.

this is one of the easiest pass to make - di maria was right in front of rooney - and fat rooney almost messed the pass up.

* What has blocked shot got to do? A midfielder should have blocked shots than number 9s.

frequent blocked shots means predictability.
everyone knows what rooney will do once he gets the ball in opponents' area. he has no variation to his play to dummy his markers & evade last-ditch blocks.....he just shoots like a zombie & ruins the chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

to be a playmaker, you get the most passes cos other team mates look up to you to do something with the ball. carrick collects it from the centre-halves & distribute with accuracy to the players that will cause havoc.

You described passing not creativity.

coogar:

how did the ball get to the wingers - were they the ones taking them from de gea or carrick? how did the entire play also bypass rooney - he had the lowest chance creation stats in a list that included young, valencia & nani.

Everyone knows Rooney play diagonal passes. The play didn't bypass Rooney because he always had second or third highest passing stats in our matches. I have showed this before. I even showed where he had more passes than Carrick when they played for 90 mins.

coogar:

rooney played many games that season - having many passes was expected if you play 34 league games - that doesn't disprove the fact that he was not in the hole. united played 4-4-2 that season.

I have given you per minute figures. Rooney was among our top passers. I will find time to give this to you again.

coogar:

accurate long balls include set plays too. van persie wasn't in united that season & rooney took many set plays that year. you still don't know how to read stats.

You will have to prove this. Rooney had over 5 accurate long balls per match.

Nani, Young, Giggs were taking our set plays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

go home & learn what it takes to be a DLP.

something that many pundits pointed out after i made mention of it here.....rooney made a bad pass to di maria.

this is one of the easiest pass to make - di maria was right in front of rooney - and fat rooney almost messed the pass up.

frequent blocked shots means predictability.
everyone knows what rooney will do once he gets the ball in opponents' area. he has no variation to his play to dummy his markers & evade last-ditch blocks.....he just shoots like a zombie & ruins the chance.

Hahaha, that was a perfect pass. Any further force should have sent Di Maria on collusion with two defenders. But Rooney gave him a pass with an option to score or free Falcao with the goal keeper.

* I have seen Rooney tuned 180 to deceive players and set Herrera free on the edge of the box, but Herrera has a weak shot. I saw him turn many times against City, sending players the wrong direction. Even in our last match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

you weren't differentiating anything...,

why are you lying now?
everyone knew rooney underhit the pass & that was exactly the reason di maria had to chip the ball.....

he has the most blocked shots of any striker in the world. rooney can't think straight - he doesn't dummy his markers.....he hits the ball straight at the direction he's facing. too predictable!

halftime at OT.....

45% pass accuracy - oscar is indeed the best playmaker in the northern hemisphere. shirley is correct. cheesy
Dunno what you're talking about. Oscar had 80% pass success rate in that game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
Talsima:
In 2011/2012 season, Rooney had the highest number of long passes in the team apart from the DDG. The next was Carrick. Rooney had 238 long balls while Carrick had 218. Berba had only 4, Chicha 15 and Welbeck 17. Yet we are being misled Rooney led the line.

Rooney, Carrick and Anderson needed about 15 minutes to make an accurate long pass. The best in the team behind Scholes. Berbatov needed 170 minutes while Welbeck 145, Chicha 145. Yet we are being told Rooney was on top.

Short passes. Among the wingers and forwards, Rooney again made far more short passes per minute. Also more accurate short passes per minute. Only Valencia is the forward player (excluding CMs and defenders) who was better than Rooney. This can be understood because Valencia played in defence. Yet, we were made to believe Rooney played as the top man.

Crosses. Stats show that the wingers were the ones involved in crosses. This shows me they were the ones taking set plays, thereby helping them to a high assists, together with Rooney's diagonal passes to them.

Already discussed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
Talsima:
18 March 2012, Wolves 0 Man United 5
Rooney 76 passes, Chicharito 18 passes. Both played for 90 minutes.
Only Scholes made more passes than Rooney. Welbeck played from the left wing and made only 45 passes. Yet we would be made to believe both Rooney and Chicha played as two strikers like RVP and Falcao. cheesy cheesy

26 March 2012, Man United 1 Fulham 0.
Rooney 47 passes, Welbeck 18. Welbeck subbed at 62 mins, Rooney 78 mins.

14 January 2012 Man United 3 Bolton 0
Rooney, 60 passes, Welbeck 25. Welbeck subbed 77 mins. Only Carrick had more passes than Rooney.

I just want to stop here. The records are there forever.

Talsima:
Rooney was always one of our highest passers in matches of 2011/2012 except when played as a lone striker without Welbeck, Chicha and Berba on the pitch.

In some occasions only a central midfielder having more passes, or one CM and one defender. Mostly among the top passers when started with Chicha or Welbeck. When Rooney scored a hatrick vs Bolton sept 12 2011, only Anderson and Rio had more passes than Rooney. He made more passes than Carrick who came on in 7th minute. When we beat Arsenal 8-2, Rooney was among the very top passers. I have checked many. How can a top 9 be among the top passers for a team in matches. Rooney must be an alien.

Let me log out jor. I know say dem go post at 3am.

The above states it all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nihilist:

You were the one that don Mata the playmaking cap?
A player that was rarely found in the central midfield for Chelsea was their playmaker? It seems something dey eat for ya head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nihilist:

I don't think the Ronaldo logic cuts it here cos Ronaldo's numbers are more impressive than robben's. Why would you choose a riquelme who's key numbers weren't as impressive as Mata's?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampiro:

Hahaha, that was a perfect pass. Any further force should have sent Di Maria on collusion with two defenders. But Rooney gave him a pass with an option to score or free Falcao with the goal keeper.

so why did a football pundit say this?

Prone to the Hollywood ball, Rooney failed with each of his long forward passes and, in attacking zones, Rooney managed just one shot – off target, of course. True, Rooney completed an assist for Angel Di Maria’s goal, but the pass was so underweighted that the Argentinian was forced into a sublime finish simply to complete United’s move.

* I have seen Rooney tuned 180 to deceive players and set Herrera free on the edge of the box, but Herrera has a weak shot. I saw him turn many times against City, sending players the wrong direction. Even in our last match.

so rooney's 5 yard pass to di maria was more difficult than mata's pass to rooney leading to RVP's goal last night? grin cheesy

Shirley07:

Dunno what you're talking about. Oscar had 80% pass success rate in that game.

that was the half time report.....
so oscar went on to complete 80% by full time but mata completed 91% of his passes at full time.

so we ask again - who's the better passer of the ball?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Shift jor. Messi that went to waste as soon as his mum and dad (Xaviesta) started to decline. Do you watch City 2-0 loss to Barca in the CL last season? Silva was the best player on the pitch in that game. Hands down.
this xaviesta line is cliche, the playmaking aspect of messi's game has been grossly understated all of Barca's best moves have him at the heart of it. Please stop arguing like you work for NTA.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

so rooney's 5 yard pass to di maria was more difficult than mata's pass to rooney leading to RVP's goal last night? grin cheesy

You have started quoting comments from those haters who were trying to make case for Rooney to be dropped. Thank God no one listen to them. That was a magnificent pass. Absolutely fantastic.

Mata was not in motion with the ball, Rooney was. I will close my eyes to make that Mata's pass. Go and watch women junior world cup, you will see better passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampiro:

The above states it all.

your argument is like that of a villager - so because rooney posted high number of passes in 11/12 means he operated in the hole? grin

how do you explain this, then?

2.4 key pass per game, 13 assists - valencia
2.3 key pass per game, 10 assists - nani
1.8 key pass per game , 8 assists - giggs
1.7 key pass per game , 7 assists - young

1.5 key pass per game , 4 assists - rooney
1.1 key pass per game , 4 assists - welbeck

so all our wingers with their limited number of appearances managed to post more key passes/game than rooney in 11/12 & you still continue to lie rooney played in the hole? grin

elampiro:

You have started quoting comments from those haters who were trying to make case for Rooney to be dropped. Thank God no one listen to them. That was a magnificent pass. Absolutely fantastic.
Mata was not in motion with the ball, Rooney was. I will close my eyes to make that Mata's pass. Go and watch women junior world cup, you will see better passes.

mata wasn't in motion when he put rooney through? are you blind? was the first pass not from a counter attack that mata started & rooney messed the cross up? if you can close your eyes to make the mata pass to rooney then rooney is a disgrace for failing to find van persie in the box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

your argument is like that of a villager - so because rooney posted high number of passes in 11/12 means he operated in the hole? grin

how do you explain this, then?

2.4 key pass per game, 13 assists - valencia
2.3 key pass per game, 10 assists - nani
1.8 key pass per game , 8 assists - giggs
1.7 key pass per game , 7 assists - young

1.5 key pass per game , 4 assists - rooney

1.1 key pass per game , 4 assists - welbeck

so all our wingers with their limited number of appearances managed to post more key passes/game than rooney in 11/12 & you still continue to lie rooney played in the hole? grin

Key pass doesn't tell anything. Our wingers were involved in set plays as well as receiving diagonal passes from Rooney. Long passes from Scholes and Rooney too.

* How do you explain this? Rooney had more passes than Carrick against Bolton, had a last man clearance and scored a hatrick. Yet he was the number 9. grin. A number 9 equaled Carrick in number of passes.

* I am also waiting for you to prove Rooney's 5 long balls per match were from corner kicks.

* I will also like you to prove that corner kicks are long passes. We learn every day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

oscar is a defender posing to be a playmaker - he's got nothing over mata apart from his defensive quality. oscar is excellent at his secondary role but very poor at his primary role.

45% pass accuracy is the worst i have seen since OPTA started collating stats. cheesy
Yet Mourinho, a top coach at that says otherwise. You need to watch more Chelsea games rather than look at stats. Stats doesn't say everything in a game.
Even now, the playmaking duties isn't Oscar's job, that's Fabregas' duty but still, he still does it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
Dadehmola:

I don't think the Ronaldo logic cuts it here cos Ronaldo's numbers are more impressive than robben's. Why would you choose a riquelme who's key numbers weren't as impressive as Mata's?

[size=18pt]EHN?[/size]

Post the Key numbers here for comparison.

Use Riquelme's stats at El Submarino as that was his best time in Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

mata wasn't in motion when he put rooney through? are you blind? was the first pass not from a counter attack that mata started & rooney messed the cross up? if you can close your eyes to make the mata pass to rooney then rooney is a disgrace for failing to find van persie in the box.

You were talking about Mata's pass to RVP.

Mata pass to Rooney is seen every week in the EPL when a defence plays high, it becomes easy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampiro:

You were talking about Mata's pass to RVP.

Mata pass to Rooney is seen every week in the EPL when a defence plays high, it becomes easy.

i was talking about the world class skill to get it to rooney & the selfless attitude & self control to give it to RVP.

if mata pass to rooney is seen every week, how come rooney cannot deliver a simpler pass into the box when van persie was waiting at the far post? falcao delivered it on a plate for RVP at leicester in a similar position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampiro:

Key pass doesn't tell anything. Our wingers were involved in set plays as well as receiving diagonal passes from Rooney. Long passes from Scholes and Rooney too.

key pass doesn't tell anything? so what's rooney's function in the hole? scratching his balls?

* How do you explain this? Rooney had more passes than Carrick against Bolton, had a last man clearance and scored a hatrick. Yet he was the number 9. grin. A number 9 equaled Carrick in number of passes.

what's the meaning of number-9?
we played 4-4-2 against bolton - who was number 9 when falcao & RVP were the strikers in the early part of the season?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1944712_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

show us how rooney was in the hole in this formation?

* I am also waiting for you to prove Rooney's 5 long balls per match were from corner kicks.

* I will also like you to prove that corner kicks are long passes. We learn every day. [/b]

if it's completed, it's a pass!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

i was talking about the world class skill to get it to rooney & the selfless attitude & self control to give it to RVP.

if mata pass to rooney is seen every week, how come rooney cannot deliver a simpler pass into the box when van persie was waiting at the far post? falcao delivered it on a plate for RVP at leicester in a similar position.

Rooney's pass to RVP was poorly executed. It happens. Just as RVP agonizingly shot wide what should have been a tap in from Val's pass.

The way you over stress RVP and Mata's highlights sometimes baffles me. All the while RVP was wasting our chances in the first ten matches, you weren't giving us gif. grin Now you try so hard to make something out of the ordinary. Some of the highlights are just normal things in football. It might warrant a praise, but it shouldn't be over stressed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

that was the half time report.....
so oscar went on to complete 80% by full time but mata completed 91% of his passes at full time.

so we ask again - who's the better passer of the ball?
When I say Playmakers makes incisive and penetrative passes, you think it's child play. Their job is to split wall of midfield into two through their passing and intelligent movement. They're also the one required to switch play with long passes.
What am I saying here? I'm saying playmakers make harder and risky passes than the attackers whose job is just to see if a pass is on and then, pass to create. But if the pass isn't on, they continue their short passing game compared to the playmakers who must find way through the wall of the midfield by fire by force.
And it's not possible for a player to have 45% pass success in the 1st half and then come up with 80% pass success at full. There must be a mistake somewhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampiro:

Anything could happen in a match- like RVP missing from 7 yards from Vals pass. That was a tap in. So forget that Rooney's pass which was intercepted. Rooney has given far more quality passes like the one for Valencia to score Leverkusen. To RVP against Villa. Sexy pass to Di Maria to score a classical chip. More and more and more.

Mata's pass was ordinary. I will pass it even under tight marking. RVP was all alone and no body on the way.
ordinary ke? seems uv not re-watched the match highlights, Liverpool's keeper already dived thinking that leg movement was for a shot on goal, thereby creating a free n empty goal post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

key pass doesn't tell anything? so what's rooney's function in the hole? scratching his balls?

what's the meaning of number-9?
we played 4-4-2 against bolton - who was number 9 when falcao & RVP were the strikers in the early part of the season?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1944712_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

show us how rooney was in the hole in this formation?

if it's completed, it's a pass!

* In Barzail, RVP was 9 for Netherlands while Robben operated far behind him, more like an attacking midfieder. That wasn't too 9s. So you can't say Rooney and Chicha played as two 9s. That was even with Sneidjer in the number 10. But in this case, Rooney was our only 10 while Chicha was 9.

* Your chat is nonsense. I have proven many times that it is hardly consistent with the tactics and formation played in a match. You remeber the case of Ozil, your chart misled us. There were a few more. Zonal marking is a better representation of what transpired in matches.

* Lastly, I will like to see the 5 completed corner kicks per match from Rooney. You have players corner kick stats for our season of 2011/12. Why not enlighten us and settle this case. I put it to you that Rooney did not make those long balls from corner kicks. They were made from the deep.

Wayne Rooney:
Accurate Long balls 181,
Inaccurate long balls 47.

Ryan Giggs
ALB 60
ILB 40

Rooney wouldnt have completed 80% of his corner kicks while Giggs completes only 60% of his long balls

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
leggo:
this xaviesta line is cliche, the playmaking aspect of messi's game has been grossly understated all of Barca's best moves have him at the heart of it. Please stop arguing like you work for NTA.
Playmaking indeed. Why don't you say he was the Xaviesta himself? Mtchew.
If you're talking of Messi's creativity, no one is disputing that fact but hello, creativity isn't playmaking. This has been discussed to death on the thread, this is what happens when kid jump into arguement uninvited.

Anyway, no one is compairing both players as they are different players with different skillsets but it's quite naive to lump Messi into category of players that orchestrate play.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.