Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8709815 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
Rooney completed 80% of his 228 long passes. That accuracy surely is from the deep not corner kicks.

Chikena!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Playmaking indeed. Why don't you say he was the Xaviesta himself? Mtchew.
If you're talking of Messi's creativity, no one is disputing that fact but hello, creativity isn't playmaking. This has been discussed to death on the thread, this is what happens when kid jump into arguement uninvited.

Anyway, no one is compairing both players as they are different players with different skillsets but it's quite naive to lump Messi into category of players that orchestrate play.
as long as I get notifications I'm invited. Young man, watch barcelona play and don't just drop stale analogies here. Messi drops deep into the centre circle to build plays, he is classed a legend because he still somehow manages to finish such plays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
leggo:
as long as I get notifications I'm invited. Young man, watch barcelona play and don't just drop stale analogies here. Messi drops deep into the centre circle to build plays, he is classed a legend because he still somehow manages to finish such plays.
Doesn't matter. What matters is the amount of time he spends there and the impacts he makes there. Anyone can drop into the centre circle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
Man city players reacting to today's Ucl draw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWxVN0VVGjU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Doesn't matter. What matters is the amount of time he spends there and the impacts he makes there. Anyone can drop into the centre circle.

You dont even know what you're talking about.

First you say the Playmaker doesn't need to be creative, then you say the playmaker has to be throwing through pass by fire by force.

Then you say Oscar is a playmaker. My friend, you need to go and sleep. You are chatting pure bollocks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampiro:

* In Barzail, RVP was 9 for Netherlands while Robben operated far behind him, more like an attacking midfieder. That wasn't too 9s. So you can't say Rooney and Chicha played as two 9s. That was even with Sneidjer in the number 10. But in this case, Rooney was our only 10 while Chicha was 9.

the ease at which lies roll off your lips is exemplary. you should be a village politician. in brazil, sneijder was in the hole - robben & RVP were the strikers. at leicester, rooney was in the hole, RVP & falcao were the strikers.

stop running from the question i asked you - which of RVP or falcao was the number 9 at leicester?

Your chat is nonsense. I have proven many times that it is hardly consistent with the tactics and formation played in a match. You remeber the case of Ozil, your chart misled us. There were a few more. Zonal marking is a better representation of what transpired in matches.

so opta that is paid to collate stats are doing nonsense but a prolific liar like you should be taken seriously? after lying to us rooney posted more passes than carrick against bolton - a game carrick didn't even start, you still had the audacity to post another comment ridden with lies?

don't you have any shame? grin

* Lastly, I will like to see the 5 completed corner kicks per match from Rooney. You have players corner kick stats for our season of 2011/12. Why not enlighten us and settle this case. I put it to you that Rooney did not make those long balls from corner kicks. They were made from the deep.

corner kicks are part of long passes or passes in general. i have been using opta stats for years so keep quiet when i am talking. you cannot argue with your master while pretending to all & sundry that you want to learn.

choose one - are you here to learn or argue with rooney's position in 11/12?

Wayne Rooney:
Accurate Long balls 181,
Inaccurate long balls 47.

Ryan Giggs
ALB 60
ILB 40

Rooney wouldnt have completed 80% of his corner kicks while Giggs completes only 60% of his long balls

what has this gotta do with the fact that corners(short or long), freekicks(very short ones that are taken quickly) are part of the number of passes recorded?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1944892_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

the above is cesc's passing stats at old trafford and included in it were his corner kicks(his assist for drogba), a key pass from his corner & other failed ones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
There is nothing that we won`t read on this thread. How will a PLAYMAKER not be CREATIVE? How on earth will a person who makes so many passes and killer passes will not be creative? Making those rare and defence spliting passes make them creative.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
tess1:
There is nothing that we won`t read on this thread. How will a PLAYMAKER not be CREATIVE? How on earth will a person who makes so many passes and killer passes will not be creative? Making those rare and defence spliting passes make them creative.

according to the gospel of elampawa, creativity isn't playmaking. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nihilist:

You dont even know what you're talking about.

First you say the Playmaker doesn't need to be creative, then you say the playmaker has to be throwing through pass by fire by force.

Then you say Oscar is a playmaker. My friend, you need to go and sleep. You are chatting pure bollocks
You have a very poor football knowledge to grasp what I'm saying.
Breaking the wall of the midfield with passing and movement in order to get to the attackers isn't creating chances.. Gerrit.
Also, is passing now forbidden in football? Oh! Because I said playmakers doesn't have to be creative means they shouldn't make pass at all and be like Zombie, huh? Let me also make it known to you that there are some creative playmakers out there who dictate play and at the same time, creates e.g Pirlo, Silva, Zidane in his prime, Schweinsteiger, Pjanic e.t.c. As long a playmaker does his job which is to control a game, he's a playmaker. Creativity is a just an added bonus.
And I don't think Oscar is a playmaker, I know he's one and I'm not the only one, your coach also agree with me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
tess1:
Maybe they meant a holding MF/ deep-lying playmaker undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
parrotibaba:
ah! mate,thought u were sitting Shiva yesterday... celebrating already are we? grin

I gentle oh... gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
tess1:
No one said playmakers are not creative.
What I said is playmaking and creativity are two different things.

Creating chances is not the primary work of a playmaker. His primary duty is to dictate the play, create space with his intelligent movement and awarenenes; attack the space with his passes and switch play with his long passes. Creating chances is just an added bonus.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
I don't blame some people sha.....

I blame the government that has refused to clean the streets.....of the various illicit drugs....

How can someone be arguing that oscar is a better playmaker than mata undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shirley07:

No one said playmakers are not creative.
What I said is playmaking and creativity are two different things.

Creating chances is not the primary work of a playmaker. His primary duty is to dictate the play, create space with his intelligent movement and awarenenes; attack the space with his passes and switch play with his long passes. Creating chances is just an added bonus.

So his primary duty is to pass, pass and pass without being crreative? So what makes their passes different from other players` passes on the field of play?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Why do you argue with the absence of logic and with abundance of contradictions? Messi drops deep to make-a-play, what is he if not a playmaker then? Don't ever mention silva in the same breath as messi. A travesty!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
tess1:
sm times I don't get sm ppl,d job of a playmaker is to be creative, that's it!! it's like saying that an SUV is not a car
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
tess1:

So his primary duty is to pass, pass and pass without being crreative? So what makes their passes different from other players` passes on the field of play?
Their passes are more incisive as a result of their great intelligence and vision of play, which is fantastic.
We can say Playmakers are creative players because they have to break down opposition's midfield wall and provide their attackers with the right passes to archive their aim but what I meant by that word 'creativity' is creating chances.
In a better way, lets just say playmaker doesn't have to create chances before people acknowledge him as one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Their passes are more incisive as a result of their great intelligence and vision of play, which is fantastic.
We can say Playmakers are creative players because they have to break down opposition's midfield wall and provide their attackers with the right passes to archive their aim but what I meant by that word 'creativity' is creating chances.
In a better way, lets just say playmaker doesn't have to create chances before people acknowledge him as one.

what then is the role of a playmaker if he's not creating chances? why are you tying yourself up in a tortuous knot of logic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
leggo:
Why do you argue with the absence of logic and with abundance of contradictions? Messi drops deep to make-a-play, what is he if not a playmaker then? Don't ever mention silva in the same breath as messi. A travesty!
Wetin this one dey yarn? Go and watch that Barca vs City game and see how Silva, a real playmaker plays, compared to that 'dropping into centre circle nonsense' you keep worshipping, fanboi.
Messi only does this to lose his marker, nothing about playmaking.
It's even more stupid to think of such thing when Silva basically and single-handedly outclassed both Messi and his parents (Xaviesta) in that match yet, you're here dribbling out saliva on how Messi playmake by dropping into the centre circle. And do what next? Scratching out his eye balls to feed you. Mtchew.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shirley07:

That's the creativity we are talking about. They create something special out of their passes. Every playmaker must have the quality to create chances, assist or assist before assist. That's what makes them special and different and that's the creativity. Being able to fashion out a through pass.

Cleverly makes a lot of passes. He is always one of the players with highest percentage of passes completion. What then made so many fans dislike his play was his not being creative with his passes. That was the person we were told would've taken over from Scholes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

the ease at which lies roll off your lips is exemplary. you should be a village politician. in brazil, sneijder was in the hole - robben & RVP were the strikers. at leicester, rooney was in the hole, RVP & falcao were the strikers.

stop running from the question i asked you - which of RVP or falcao was the number 9 at leicester?

so opta that is paid to collate stats are doing nonsense but a prolific liar like you should be taken seriously? after lying to us rooney posted more passes than carrick against bolton - a game carrick didn't even start, you still had the audacity to post another comment ridden with lies?

don't you have any shame? grin

corner kicks are part of long passes or passes in general. i have been using opta stats for years so keep quiet when i am talking. you cannot argue with your master while pretending to all & sundry that you want to learn.

choose one - are you here to learn or argue with rooney's position in 11/12?

what has this gotta do with the fact that corners(short or long), freekicks(very short ones that are taken quickly) are part of the number of passes recorded?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1944892_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

the above is cesc's passing stats at old trafford and included in it were his corner kicks(his assist for drogba), a key pass from his corner & other failed ones.

* How did Cersc get into this? grin You have been defeated completely. Provide Rooney's and United corner stats of 2011/12, you are dancing. Rooney made his long passes from the deep. A number 9 can never do that or out passed Carrick.

* The opta chart you provided, is nonsense because I have previously proven it wrong.

* In 2011/12 we didnt line up two strikers as Gaal lined up two strikers in front of a number 10. Stop confusing things.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

what then is the role of a playmaker if he's not creating chances? why are you tying yourself up in a tortuous knot of logic?
Does the responsibility of creating chances lies on Xavi, Alonso or Kroos?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
tess1:

That's the creativity we are talking about. They create something special out of their passes. Every playmaker must have the quality to create chances, assist or assist before assist. That's what makes them special and different and that's the creativity. Being able to fashion out a through pass.

Cleverly makes a lot of passes. He is always one of the players with highest percentage of passes completion. What then made so many fans dislike his play was his not being creative with his passes. That was the person we were told would've taken over from Scholes.
Cleverley obviously doesn't make penetrative/incisive passes, it was always sideways passes with the rare long ball. That was why fan turned on him, not because he wasn't creating chances.
Obviously, playmakers has it in them to create chances but it's not their primary duty to do so and the position they operate in, doesn't allow for such as they are too deep in the central midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Does the responsibility of creating chances lies on Xavi, Alonso or Kroos?

Xavi, exactly. Great example. He is the only one ge listed in every write up on playmaker. Paul Scholes wasn't the most creative player for us but he was our playmaker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
@Shirley ,from all of ur yammering ,I got 2 things

(1)U hate Mata,it's d truth cos u won't lie about a player dat won d best player at Chelsea twice n say he went missing in most matches during his time at Chelsea, remember ,u r not d only one dat watches Chelsea, I have Chelsea fans as friends

(2)U don't know dat creativity tallies with being a playmaker ,it's like a car with wheels, it's a necessary component., u can't compare Oscar to Mata in any sense, if Oscar was so good, Mourinho wouldn't hv made Fabregas his playmaker after only one season of Oscar being his playmaker... I will honestly suggest u hit d net n find out more about playmaking

For d guys arguing about whether Rooney played in d hole during the 2011/2012 season ,d answer is YES ,he did but not d whole season, hell he even played as a DM in our match against Otelu Galati in d UCL ...
During d period dat injuries ravaged our squad (like it's doing now) ,Rooney was deployed in d number 10 role until at least cleverly came back from injury...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nihilist:

[size=18pt]EHN?[/size]

Post the Key numbers here for comparison.

Use Riquelme's stats at El Submarino as that was his best time in Europe

I don dey find am since cheesy

In his best season there (2004/2005), I saw that he scored 15 goals and had no assist shocked angry

I want to believe that stat is wrong.

Kindly do some research and post your own results.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Cleverley obviously doesn't make penetrative/incisive passes, it was always sideways passes with the rare long ball. That was why fan turned on him, not because he wasn't creating chances.
Obviously, playmakers has it in them to create chances but it's not their primary duty to do so and the position they operate in, doesn't allow for such as they are too deep in the central midfield.

What does that penetrative/incisive passes do? It is part of their primary role to either create an assist or create a pass that leads to an assist(purpose of those incisive/penetrative passes). If Cleverly were to be doing that, he wouldn't be on loan to Aston Villa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
tess1:

These are the secondary qualities of a playmaker. A playmaker is someone who obviously dictates the direction of play for a team. Particularly attcking play build up from the deep. Zidane, Xavi, Scholes.

Herrera looks like he is going to be a great one soon.

tess1:

Cleverley and Mikel are not playmakers. They lack sense for attacking build up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampiro:

These are the secondary qualities of a playmaker. A playmaker is someone who obviously dictates the direction of play for a team. Particularly attcking play build up from the deep. Zidane, Xavi, Scholes.

Herrera looks like he is going to be a great one soon.

Cleverley and Mikel are not playmakers. They lack sense for attacking build up.

So, in your own word, Zidane, Xavi and Sholes are not creative.

Of course Cleverly is not a playmaker because he is not creative.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
parrotibaba:
@Shirley ,from all of ur yammering ,I got 2 things

(1)U hate Mata,it's d truth cos u won't lie about a player dat won d best player at Chelsea twice n say he went missing in most matches during his time at Chelsea, remember ,u r not d only one dat watches Chelsea, I have Chelsea fans as friends

(2)U don't know dat creativity tallies with being a playmaker ,it's like a car with wheels, it's a necessary component., u can't compare Oscar to Mata in any sense, if Oscar was so good, Mourinho wouldn't hv made Fabregas his playmaker after only one season of Oscar being his playmaker... I will honestly suggest u hit d net n find out more about playmaking

For d guys arguing about whether Rooney played in d hole during the 2011/2012 season ,d answer is YES ,he did but not d whole season, hell he even played as a DM in our match against Otelu Galati in d UCL ...
During d period dat injuries ravaged our squad (like it's doing now) ,Rooney was deployed in d number 10 role until at least cleverly came back from injury...
You keep forgetting that Oscar is still a young player that needs management to prevent being burnt out.
This is a player who was just 22yr last year and had played over 80 games non-stop before the worldcup. Everybody could see he was getting burnt out towards the end of last season.
Also, playmaker mostly comes into their own shell between the age bracket of (25-28 till their 30's). Invariably, Oscar would eventually take over from Fabregas while picking up one or two things from him.
And I don't hate Mata, I'm only exposing him for the fraud he is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Theflint1(m), iamharkinwaley and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.