Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,540 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8759729 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) ... (14160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

You have to realise not everyone has the free benefit of time you have in abundance.

my job is easy or i am so good in it, it takes me little effort to solve what takes others the whole day.

How can I be begging for rent while I worked as a security, it just doesn't make sense. But you on the other hand borrow from every tom,diick and harry....I can lure them here to come and confess grin grin

because you don't get enough man hours to afford your rent. you make about £140 a week and you stay in the capital. you must eat, top up your oyster, pay utility bills, etc. you always struggle to pay rent - that was why she left you. cheesy

Me? propose to Olosho? mbanu
Guy, get your life sorted thats all

nigga, my life is super-sorted. grin

are you denying you proposed to her? i read the email you sent when you were begging her to marry you. your bible quotes in that email were hilarious. never knew an asewo like you can quote that many verses in one mail

your own don finish!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wonlasewonimi: 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

my job is easy or i am so good in it, it takes me little effort to solve what takes others the whole day.

because you don't get enough man hours to afford your rent. you make about £140 a week and you stay in the capital. you must eat, top up your oyster, pay utility bills, etc. you always struggle to pay rent - that was why she left you. cheesy

nigga, my life is super-sorted. grin

are you denying you proposed to her? i read the email you sent when you were begging her to marry you. your bible quotes in that email were hilarious. never knew an asewo like you can quote that many verses in one mail

your own don finish!

I have to take this to where your scam victims will have the courage to speak up. Your life will be super distorted soon!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

I have to take this to where your scam victims will have the courage to speak up. Your life will be super distorted soon!

i thought you have my secrets.
you mean you now need imaginary victims to do your job for you? grin

wonlasewonimi, you need to give up. if anyone has done business & scammed you in my name, you only have yourself to blame.

now go to bed - your 15 mins of fame is over.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maidaboi(m): 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
Is ronaldo coming back?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
maidaboi:
Is ronaldo coming back?
i dnt think so and even if he will,nt now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
wonlasewonimi:
You'd think they pay them for posting inane pictures and arguments all day.
Lol.gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Odunharry:
Di Maria set to feature against Villa
Same thing we heard before the Liverpool match,yet he no show. E no even make the bench sef. Mtcheeewww!angry

Anyway,I wish him quick recovery.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
nawaooo.. when i brought the MrLouisvanGaal monicker, i didn't know i was doing this thread a great service... the tension here is palpable
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
Odunharry:
Juan Mata outperforming Eden Hazard since moving from Chelsea
to Manchester United

On a per minute basis Mata
betters Hazard for goals and assists. For every 158 minutes that it has taken Eden Hazard to either score
a goal or provide an assist in the Premier League since Mata’s move, it has taken Juan Mata 21 minutes less
to do the same, scoring a goal or making an assist every 137 minutes.

soccerlens.com/juan-mata-outperforming-eden-hazard-since-moving-chelsea-manchester-united/158418/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=juan-mata-outperforming-eden-hazard-since-moving-chelsea-manchester-united

Mata is underrated and same time overrated. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
adebayo201:

elampiro

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
elampiro:

Mata is underrated and same time overrated. cheesy
Mata deserves his accolades, he's praises are not overblown either. Hazard & Oscar are the overrated players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
SailorXY:

so if a playmaker has a bad day, he seizes to be one until he gets another good day on the pitch?

this long argument na just English Language cause am ooo.

I think this is what Shirley was saying. Our supposed playmakers are not controlling flow of games enough to be tagged real playmakers. They are often victims of rhythm of games.

SailorXY:

was Okocha a playmaker?
is Fabregas a playmaker?
who was the playmaker for the Netherlands in Brazil?
can you name your top 5 playmakers in the world presently.
Okocha was a playmaker for Super Eagles. Fabregas was a playmaker for Arsenal. In Barca, he followed the flow already established. I am still assessing his game in Chelsea.

Holland didnt have a dominant playmaker. The player who influenced games for them was used as a second striker. Snedjer was just a member of the team complementing midfield+attack.

My five top playmakers (in the last 3 years). Xavi, Pirlo, Modric, Gerald, Silva.

SailorXY:

Shirley was stressing the point that a playmaker very different from a deep-lying midfielder, that was why I asked her that question.

when van Gaal deployed the diamond Herrera - Blind - Angel - Rooney; Blind & Herrera did most of the midfield interchanges & little one-twos to keep possession with the full backs, Angel started most of the attacks functioning as an inverted winger & a central midfielder together, Rooney made lots of late runs into the channel created by one of the strikers who drags his marker away. their roles were clearly defined & the pattern worked. the downside was the lack of energy & pace tracking back, and that's why van Gaal is looking to add steel in the mix - step forward Fellaini.

Shirley harping on this playmaker subject & nullifying the gaffer's (obvious) reach for balance, is just singing awilo

Sometimes, we have to accept the fact that we don't know for what reason some people argue. If I got Shirley correctly, she meant we lacked a world class playmaker (a real playmaker) in our team to dictate the flow of games. Blind, Herrera and Mata are still evolving, but Shirley is saying Mata would never evolve into a real playmaker. She wants another Paul Scholes who would put a match in his pocket 85% of the times. What we get served these days is our midfielders trying to cope, and not dictating. I think this was what I understood from her argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
SailorXY:

Mata deserves his accolades, he's praises are not overblown either. Hazard & Oscar are the overrated players.

He might be a Chelsea player but I will have him in my team any day. I am so much in love with the way he keeps the ball for his team mates to run into space. His ability to 'cancel out' his markers and retain possession is needed in every team. You see the Man United team, every one is in a hurry to pass the ball (make e no spoil for my hand), thereby bringing unnecessary threats to us. Oppositions just put pressure on us to make us uncomfortable on the ball and it's working. If you do that with a player like Hazard, he would cancel you and open a space for his team mates.

However, I am not here to compare the three above players. Just stating why I like Hazard.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2014
Radamel Falcao wants Manchester United stay, unsure if it will happen

Joe Prince-Wright Dec 17, 2014, 1:50 PM EST

Can Falcao star for United?
AP
Radamel Falcao is currently on a season-long loan to Manchester United from AS Monaco, but the Colombian striker is determined to make it permanent.

Falcao has spoken out about his return from injury and spending plenty of time on the bench, as his return to fitness had coincided with United’s remarkable six-game winning streak which has seen them rise to third in the Premier League.

Despite that, Falcao, 28, is keen to stay at United past this season but knows he must play more and deliver goals to help the Red Devils return to the top four of the PL.

“From my point of view, yes [to staying at Manchester United permanently], but obviously I have to analyse the situation, see if I play more and see what decision the board takes. But from my point of view, I really want to stay. Every footballer wants to play, no one is happy when they are not playing, when they are on the bench, but whenever I am given the opportunity, whether it be for five, 10, 20 or 90 minutes, I have to give my best.”

As for his recent injuries, Falcao is keen to get back in Louis van Gaal’s good books but knows he faces stiff competition from his in-form teammates.

“I am almost at 100 per cent now, so let’s wait and see what the decision of the coach is, when he wants to use me more,” Falcao said. “We have a group of strikers who are very good and that’s good for everyone. That means there is always a level of competition between us, healthy competition, and obviously I am very happy with how the team is doing.”

The former Atletico Madrid and FC Porto striker confirmed he has a good relationship with United’s manager van Gaal but as Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie continue to bang in the goals — Rooney has three goals in his last four games, while RVP has four goals in his last four appearances — game-time has become hard to come by for the man known as El Tigre back in Colombia.

At the moment it is costing United a combined total (wages and loan fee) $30 million to have Falcao on loan for this season and the predatory forward has only scored one Premier League goal in eight appearances. With Rooney, RVP and promising youngster James Wilson ahead of him in the pecking order, Falcao will likely get a chance to start and play significant minutes over the busy festive period as van Gaal rotates his squad.

Hearing from contacts in Manchester over the weekend, Falcao is likely to be given until April 2015 to prove his fitness before United make a final decision on whether or not to sign him in a deal which could be worth over $50 million. Right now, that’s not looking likely as the majority of Falcao’s young United career has been spent on the bench or in the treatment room.

If he’s going to stick around that needs to change, fast.
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/17/radamel-falcao-wants-manchester-united-stay-unsure-if-it-will-happen/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:16am On Dec 18, 2014
"Whenever I have the opportunity to come on, I try to do my best for the coach [van Gaal] and I try to help the team. We talk a lot, the coach and I. He has a philosophy that I respect. I have had an injury and I have had to wait for the opportunity to play.

"I am almost at 100 per cent now, so let's wait and see what the decision of the coach is, when he wants to use me more. We have a group of strikers who are very good and that's good for everyone. That means there is always a level of competition between us, healthy competition, and obviously I am very happy with how the team is doing."

Meanwhile, Juan Mata has praised Falcao's attitude to training and hopes his team-mate will hit top form in the near future. "He is training very well and he is waiting for his opportunity like the great professional he is, like the great team-mate he is," Mata said. "It makes me happy that he played [against Liverpool] and it will make me even happier if he can score because he has been playing well in training."

-MUFC website.

Phil Jones has hit back at claims he is a crock after missing a number of games already this season.
The defender returned after two months out with shin splints to make only his fifth Manchester United appearance of the season in the win over Liverpool.
But despite being one of the main victims of United’s injury nightmare Jones says it is just a coincidence. “I started the pre-season and played every single game and every single training session,
“Then, on international duty, I pulled my hamstring. I have never had a muscle injury in my life, so it was disappointing.
“When I was coming back, I then had shin splints. I didn’t go into training that morning and say, ‘I want to get injured’. It is just the way it has been and it has been unfortunate.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:07am On Dec 18, 2014
leggo:
lol yaya is a better playmaker? I'm done with this display of ignorance
you obviously have no idea what playmaking is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 7:00am On Dec 18, 2014
Leyqute:

you obviously have no idea what playmaking is
No. But you do. Go ahead and make that statement in front of professional pundits.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 7:41am On Dec 18, 2014
Keky:
Must be an anxious wait for man united fans..

Haha! You wicked... angrygrin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2014
elampiro:

He might be a Chelsea player but I will have him in my team any day. I am so much in love with the way he keeps the ball for his team mates to run into space. His ability to 'cancel out' his markers and retain possession is needed in every team. You see the Man United team, every one is in a hurry to pass the ball (make e no spoil for my hand), thereby bringing unnecessary threats to us. Oppositions just put pressure on us to make us uncomfortable on the ball and it's working. If you do that with a player like Hazard, he would cancel you and open a space for his team mates.

However, I am not here to compare the three above players. Just stating why I like Hazard.

so because he 'keeps the ball', he has justified clamor of Chelshit lauding him as an £80m commodity?

tell me that attacker in our team who does 'make e no spoil for my hand' passes, write his name boldly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:52am On Dec 18, 2014
talent wise, hazard isn't better than nani. he's just fitter and perhaps more serious. nani has more ammo to hurt the opposition than hazard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:20am On Dec 18, 2014
elampiro:

I think this is what Shirley was saying. Our supposed playmakers are not controlling flow of games enough to be tagged real playmakers. They are often victims of rhythm of games.

Okocha was a playmaker for Super Eagles. Fabregas was a playmaker for Arsenal. In Barca, he followed the flow already established. I am still assessing his game in Chelsea.

Holland didnt have a dominant playmaker. The player who influenced games for them was used as a second striker. Snedjer was just a member of the team complementing midfield+attack.

My five top playmakers (in the last 3 years). Xavi, Pirlo, Modric, Gerald, Silva.

Sometimes, we have to accept the fact that we don't know for what reason some people argue. If I got Shirley correctly, she meant we lacked a world class playmaker (a real playmaker) in our team to dictate the flow of games. Blind, Herrera and Mata are still evolving, but Shirley is saying Mata would never evolve into a real playmaker. She wants another Paul Scholes who would put a match in his pocket 85% of the times. What we get served these days is our midfielders trying to cope, and not dictating. I think this was what I understood from her argument.
ogbeni, Shirley has typed a lot of contradictions in few minutes to make the grande finale of any negative world event. all these article you typed only heaps vomit on scat.
if she earlier said a playmaker cannot be the same as a deep-lying midfielder, then what is Pirlo & Xavi doing on your list? if Fabregas was a playmaker for Arsenal, what is Fabregas for Chelshit now? if Netherlands had no recognized playmaker & made WC final, why is it imperative we have one to play good football? Okocha did playmaking for Super Eagles from CM, just like Papilo did from basically a second striker position, so?
it is not written in any FIFA book that the playmaker of a team must be in center midfield. many games has flowed through different positioned players in different eras: Ronaldinho in Barcelona, Carrick in United, Pirlo in Juventus, Robben for Netherlands, Sneijder for Netherlands 2010, Sneijder for Inter Milan, Messi in Barcelona, Giggs in United, Viera in Arsenal, Campo in Bolton, di Maria in Madrid, Nedved in Juventus, Finidi in Ajax, Baggio in Italy, Maradonna in Argentina, a lot of Everton games flowed through Baines as well; so she has, just like you, proved nothing!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 10:41am On Dec 18, 2014
Shirley07:

Herrera lacks that awareness of space and good decision making to be one.
Also, his passing is inconsistent.
I wouldn't want 2 belief that.Herrera? No way! we ain't talk abt Anderson nw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:33am On Dec 18, 2014
Shirley07:

Herrera lacks that awareness of space and good decision making to be one.
Also, his passing is inconsistent.
lol. Is this a joke?
U just listed his strength ffs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2014
SailorXY your post should be the last over this 'playmaker' palaver. You have explained in a way that both the intelligent and theincrediblystupidOnes will understand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
PietroRico:
lol. Is this a joke?
U just listed his strength ffs.

I just dey observe this person
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
Basel fans posted this pix on the internet.

Took me a while before I realized the message.

Take a guess.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
SailorXY:

ogbeni, Shirley has typed a lot of contradictions in few minutes to make the grande finale of any negative world event. all these article you typed only heaps vomit on scat.

I am not Shirley. Shirley is standing on her own. I must say she has done very well in this topic.

My article is on point. I have been saying same thing.

SailorXY:

if she earlier said a playmaker cannot be the same as a deep-lying midfielder, then what is Pirlo & Xavi doing on your list?

I am sure you are aware Shirley is not my second moniker? Secondly, Pirlo and Xavi are not DMs. I guess she was referring to DMs. But she has to speak for her self.

SailorXY:
if Fabregas was a playmaker for Arsenal, what is Fabregas for Chelshit now? if Netherlands had no recognized playmaker & made WC final, why is it imperative we have one to play good football? Okocha did playmaking for Super Eagles from CM, just like Papilo did from basically a second striker position, so?

You can be the playmaker in one team and end up being just a complementing player in another team. Fab was a playmaker in Arsenal, that's the only one I can vouch for. If papilo was among the two top passers from the second striking position, and he was always seen in attacking build up from midfield, and he influenced the flow of play for Super Eagles, why not? Okocha for Super Eagles is the perfect example.

Netherland: I thought I we were talking about Netherlands in Brazil 2014 world cup? Netherlands didn't play final. Moreover, you musnt have a renowned playmaker to make a final.

SailorXY:

it is not written in any FIFA book that the playmaker of a team must be in center midfield. many games has flowed through different positioned players in different eras: Ronaldinho in Barcelona, Carrick in United, Pirlo in Juventus, Robben for Netherlands, Sneijder for Netherlands 2010, Sneijder for Inter Milan, Messi in Barcelona, Giggs in United, Viera in Arsenal, Campo in Bolton, di Maria in Madrid, Nedved in Juventus, Finidi in Ajax, Baggio in Italy, Maradonna in Argentina, a lot of Everton games flowed through Baines as well; so she has, just like you, proved nothing!

How did FIFA define a playmaker? Enlighten us.

One thing you have to understand is the fact that there are characteristics of a playmaker.
1. A playmaker naturally operates in midfield.
2. A playmaker is a top passer.
3. A playmaker links virtually the whole team.
4. A playmaker is a good dribbler.
5. A playmaker is attack initiator.
6. A playmaker influences the flow of games. He dictates it. He commands it.
7. A playmaker is one who doesn't disappear for a while in matches.

I don't see how Baines can possibly be a playmaker. You may as well add Van Der Sar. grin For the purpose of this discussion, we are looking at renowned playmakers Other wise, you will end up listing Evra, JS Park, Ferdinand, Anderson, Mikel, as playmakers. We should also focus on those who operated in midfield. By time we start bringing Ronaldinho, Figo. George, Beckam, Henry, we will get our selves confused.

'Playmaker' is an over-used term but this applies to its purest use. These are players that remain in the midfield area and control the game through their passing, often known as 'midfield generals' when combined with leadership and organisation skills. They are all excellent, accurate long-range passers of the ball with great vision and can dictate the play. Playmakers either operate from a deep position - in or even behind the main midfield line, where they can use space and time on the ball to orchestrate the moves of the whole team, not just attacks on goal. Alternatively, they sit between midfield and the fowards and make incisive passes to the wingers or forwards, seeing them through on goal or to deliver killer crosses. Where these latter playmakers differ from attacking midfielders is that attacking midfielders may also be playmakers but they also get into the box themselves and score a healthy amount of goals. Playmakers, on the other hand, tend to remain in position and leave the goalscoring to others. Their skills on the ball however often mean that they score from free kicks or long range shots. When operating in a deeper position the playmaker must also be involved in marking and regaining position - by interceptions and tackling. Forward playmakers may be excused these duties of they have enough 'workers' around them (usually another two central midfileders (either defensive or box-to-box midfielders).

The Greatest Deep-Lying Playmakers
Alex James Sco 1930s
Bozsik Hun 1950s
Johnny Giles Ire 1950s/60s
Masopust Cze 1953-66
Danny Blanchflower NI 1958-61
Didi Bra 1958-62
Coluna Por 1960s
Baxter Sco 1960s
Gerson Bra 1960s/70s
van Hanegem Neths 1970s
Netzer Ger 1970s
Oblak Yugo 1970s
Falcao Bra 1980s
Prohaska Aus 1970s/80s
Valderrama Col 1980s/90s
Guardiola Spa 1990s
Veron Arg 1990s/00s
Scholes Eng 1990s/00/10s
Pirlo Ita 2000s
Alonso Spa 2000s/10s

The Greatest Attacking Playmakers
Sastre Arg 1930s
Raich Carter Eng 1930s
Wilf Mannion Eng 1940s/50s
Haynes Eng 1950s
Luis Suarez Spa 1960s
Overath Ger 1966-74
Panenka Cze 1970s
Deyna Pol 1970s
Liam Brady Ire 1970s/80s
Antognoni Ita 1970s/80s
Bochini Arg 1970s/80s
Cesar Cueto Peru 1970s/80s
Hoddle Eng 1980s
Enzo Scifo Bel 1980s/90s
Boban Cro 1990s
Rui Costa Por 1990s
Riquelme Arg 2000s
Deco Por 2000s
Xavi Spa 2000s/10s
Modric Cro 2000s/10s
http://footballsgreatest.weebly.com/midfield-playmakers.html

Qualities of a good playmaker
Perhaps the most important quality of a playmaker is the vision and ability to read the game, and get into good positions making for effective reception and distribution of the ball. Intuition and creativity are other key elements of a playmaker's game, as they need to know where different players are at different times, without taking too long to dwell on the ball. A good playmaker possesses good ball control and dribbling skills, and will often hold possession, allowing other team members to make attacking runs. The ostensible (secondary) role of the playmaker is to then provide or facilitate the final pass which leads to a goal. In football terminology this is often known as a killer ball or the final ball and is officially recorded as an assist.
-Association football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
SailorXY:

so because he 'keeps the ball', he has justified clamor of Chelshit lauding him as an £80m commodity?

I don't know about any 80m. I don't visit Chelsea's thread. One thing though, Hazard should learn to be clinical in front of goal. This is why Sanchez may actually get PFA player of the year before Hazard. For instance, Kanu would have been a perfect player if he were a good finisher.

SailorXY:

tell me that attacker in our team who does 'make e no spoil for my hand' passes, write his name boldly

Tell me how many players in the fast paced EPL who can keep the ball like Hazard in the final 3rd? When he gets possession in the midfield, it's just like it's his bedroom.

Pls let us not belabor this, I am not part of any argument being brought forward from another thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
Marcos Rojo and Angel Di Maria are
both expected to return against Aston Villa, according to Argentina’s Ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
elampiro:

How did FIFA define a playmaker? Enlighten us.

One thing you have to understand is the fact that there are characteristics of a playmaker.
1. A playmaker naturally operates in midfield.
2. A playmaker is a top passer.
3. A playmaker links virtually the whole team.
4. A playmaker is a good dribbler.
5. A playmaker is attack initiator.
6. A playmaker influences the flow of games. He dictates it. He commands it.
7. A playmaker is one who doesn't disappear for a while in matches.

This decribes one of my favorite player the one I always wished plays for united-Thiago Alcantara
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
Make una 4get play maker matter make we talk about match for weekend..

Our injured players are coming back from injury and we all know we av alot of attackers and people in the middle...
My question is,if everyone is fit,what will be ur own preferred..
(a)starting eleven and preferred formation
(b)players to start in the middle..

My prefer formation will be 4-1-2-1-2 like 442 diamond

at the back i will prefer
RAF-SMALLING/JONES-ROJO-SHAW

Then Blind can provide cover for CB
VAL/FELLAINI DIMARIA

ROONEY IN THE HOLE

THEN FALCAO AND RVP UPFRONT

I swear Vangaal will experience selection headache

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
elampiro:

I don't know about any 80m. I don't visit Chelsea's thread. One thing though, Hazard should learn to be clinical in front of goal. This is why Sanchez may actually get PFA player of the year before Hazard. For instance, Kanu would have been a perfect player if he were a good finisher.

Tell me how many players in the fast paced EPL who can keep the ball like Hazard in the final 3rd? When he gets possession in the midfield, it's just like it's his bedroom.

Pls let us not belabor this, I am not part of any argument being brought forward from another thread.
the definition of overrated is very simple, its different from who's on the big poster inside your bathroom.
some players are overrated, especially those with some flair & fine face while some are underrated, going about their very effective roles without much accolades. the last group falls in-between, hailed/criticized in exact measure with their output.

I think I know where Hazard falls

(1) (2) (3) ... (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) ... (14160) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TrebleChamp(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.