Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8710490 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:19am On Dec 17, 2014
grin Arsnal dn suffer wel wel o

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:21am On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

so if i read you correctly, 4-5-1 means rooney played in a false-9 position? grin 4-5-1 is different from 4-2-3-1.

I have told you what the tactics board said. That it was false 9. It was same thing Zonal marking said when we played Man City in FA cup and won 3-2. Rooney was holding play for Nani and co to arrive.

coogar:

when whoscored said we played 4-4-2 for most of 11/12, you said they didn't know what they are saying. now you are referring to the same website cos it suits your argument?

you are a fraud!

Yes, because their chart is corroborated with the tactics boards. You don't take them in isolation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:27am On Dec 17, 2014
elampiro:

I have told you what the tactics board said. That it was false 9. It was same thing Zonal marking said when we played Man City in FA cup and won 3-2. Rooney was holding play for Nani and co to arrive.

i don't think you understand false-9.
and you don't understand how to read stats & draw inference from them. 4-2-3-1 is 4-5-1. nothing changes - the arrowhead is the arrowhead.

Yes, because their chart is corroborated with the tactics boards. You don't take them in isolation.

which nonsense tactics board?
you mean rooney's role against Sunderland that season is different from RVP's role in 12/13? grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:32am On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

i don't think you understand false-9.
and you don't understand how to read stats & draw inference from them. 4-2-3-1 is 4-5-1. nothing changes - the arrowhead is the arrowhead.

There is a false 9 in football.

coogar:

which nonsense tactics board?
you mean rooney's role against Sunderland that season is different from RVP's role in 12/13? grin cheesy

I am not sure I understand what you mean here. We did not play 4-2-3-1 against Sunderland.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:43am On Dec 17, 2014
elampiro:

There is a false 9 in football.

who says there isn't?
however, rooney wasn't a false-9 in sunderland. he played in an advanced position and was supported by giggsy.

I am not sure I understand what you mean here. We did not play 4-2-3-1 against Sunderland.

that's exactly what we played......i have exposed you on how you choose your info to suit your argument. the same whoscored you rubbished about our 4-4-2 is the one you are presenting as an evidence - all from the same season.

elampawa, you either agree whoscored is the holy grail or they are rubbish. choose one & stop flip-flopping. you have to be consistent in what you present as your evidence.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1949154_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

whoscored had it that we played 4-4-2 in 31 league games that season.

case closed!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:45am On Dec 17, 2014
flashback....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 12:46am On Dec 17, 2014
Lwkm

Ander Herrera "in an on-going legal process involving Real Zaragoza(spain),the club I was honored to play from 12-22 yrs of age,there are 41 people mentioned of which I am one.

I have never had and will have anything to do with manipulating match results.

If i am ever called to justify in any judicial hearing,i'll be happy to attend,as my conscience is totally clear.

I love football,and i believe in fair play on and off the pitch"

Ander..

A Fan on FCbuk:"don't worry Ander,DE GEA will save u"......

Lwkm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:47am On Dec 17, 2014
May 1, 2012

* According to Zonal marking, Rooney played false 9 in this match.

* Zonal marking laso confirmed Man United played dominantly 4-4-1-1 in 2011/12. Two tactics board now confirming. And at the end of the season.

Sir Alex Ferguson switched formation to a 4-5-1 with Wayne Rooney upfront alone. Ryan Giggs and Park Ji-Sung were given starts in in midfield, while Nani was used rather than Antonio Valencia on the right. Jonny Evans was ill and Rafael was dropped, so Chris Smalling and Phil Jones were at the back.....

City knew that United’s intention was to play the ball Rooney, get him to come deep and lay the ball off to Nani or Park, and then those three would counter directly. Again, that’s what United did so well in that win at the Emirates two years ago, with Rooney perfecting the false nine position....

First subs

First, Ferguson went for the obvious move – Park off, Danny Welbeck on upfront, and United moving to their usual 4-4-1-1. Rooney dropped deeper to become the number ten, and now Kompany and Lescott couldn’t move up towards Rooney and still keep a spare man behind, as they had Welbeck to deal with. Instead, Gareth Barry dropped onto Rooney and City retained 2 v 1 against Welbeck.

This wasn’t ideal for City, though – Barry was playing very deep and letting United have control of the midfield. Therefore, Mancini responded by introducing Nigel De Jong for Tevez, and City moved to more of a 4-5-1 system, with De Jong as a holding player on Rooney.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:47am On Dec 17, 2014
more.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:49am On Dec 17, 2014
more against Chelsea..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:51am On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

who says there isn't?
however, rooney wasn't a false-9 in sunderland. he played in an advanced position and was supported by giggsy.

that's exactly what we played......i have exposed you on how you choose your info to suit your argument. the same whoscored you rubbished about our 4-4-2 is the one you are presenting as an evidence - all from the same season.

elampawa, you either agree whoscored is the holy grail or they are rubbish. choose one & stop flip-flopping. you have to be consistent in what you present as your evidence.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1949154_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

whoscored had it that we played 4-4-2 in 31 league games that season.

case closed!!!

Whoscored was wrong. This is why you have to confirm with what you watched and tactics boards. Moreso whoscored was still evolving at the time.

Zonal Marking and another tactics board said we played 4-4-1-1.

I have used ZM post match tactics charts to evidence this before. I dont want to repaste them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:52am On Dec 17, 2014
Chelsea

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:54am On Dec 17, 2014
elampiro:

Whoscored was wrong. This is why you have to confirm with what you watched and tactics boards. Moreso whoscored was still evolving at the time.

Zonal Marking and another tactics board said we played 4-4-1-1.

I have used ZM post match tactics charts to evidence this before. I dont want to repaste them.

whoscored said we played 4-4-1-1 only twice that season. it then shows whoscored understand the difference between 4-4-2 & 4-4-1-1.

elampawa, your argument is becoming weak.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:54am On Dec 17, 2014
Another case of false 9 even in 2009/10

Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United: Wayne Rooney brilliantly demonstrates the value of a ‘false nine’
January 31, 2010
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/01/31/arsenal-1-3-manchester-united-wayne-rooney-brilliantly-demonstrates-the-value-of-a-false-nine/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:56am On Dec 17, 2014
Against Inter ..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:57am On Dec 17, 2014
more

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:58am On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

whoscored said we played 4-4-1-1 only twice that season. it then shows whoscored understand the difference between 4-4-2 & 4-4-1-1.

elampawa, your argument is becoming weak.

Whoscored may have set their parameters of determining their formation differently from reality then.

If they had formatted their charts to capture 4-4-2 whenever two wingers started from our squad, then so it goes forever until someone corrects it.

This was why opta got Ozil wrong. Also got Kagawa wrong. It recognised Ozil as a number 10. so when Ozil started from the wing and the other guy in the hole, opta failed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:58am On Dec 17, 2014
elampiro:
Another case of false 9 even in 2009/10

Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United: Wayne Rooney brilliantly demonstrates the value of a ‘false nine’
January 31, 2010
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/01/31/arsenal-1-3-manchester-united-wayne-rooney-brilliantly-demonstrates-the-value-of-a-false-nine/

09/10 isn't 11/12.
stop muddling this argument with irrelevant information. every man & his dog knew how we beat arsenal in 09/10. runners & a striker with the back to his goal. tell us another story.

are you saying whoscored doesn't know the difference between 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:59am On Dec 17, 2014
07/08 Barca..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:01am On Dec 17, 2014
more

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 1:01am On Dec 17, 2014
Mehn,..na battle till dawn ogrin

Mae una sha no argue for una sleep
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:03am On Dec 17, 2014
ok..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:03am On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

09/10 isn't 11/12.
stop muddling this argument with irrelevant information. every man & his dog knew how we beat arsenal in 09/10. runners & a striker with the back to his goal. tell us another story.

are you saying whoscored doesn't know the difference between 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1? cheesy

Yes, I have exposed opta mistakes on this forum. It recognized Ozil to be a number 10 but when Ozil was started from the wing, it deceived the whole world that Ozil was in the hole.

Some of these things are programmed to recognised things in certain ways. They work that way until someone corrects it.

About 2010... Just showing you what false 9 is about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:04am On Dec 17, 2014
Fussbot:
Mehn,..na battle till dawn ogrin
Mae una sha no argue for una sleep
lol i dey tell u...na Shirley bring up ds issue yestaday

meanwhile feed ur eyes..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:06am On Dec 17, 2014
08 ucl final

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:09am On Dec 17, 2014
more

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:13am On Dec 17, 2014
more..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:14am On Dec 17, 2014
Goodnyt elampiro and coogar.....
Sleep well guys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:19am On Dec 17, 2014
Sir Alex Ferguson went with a 4-4-1-1ish shape, with Wayne Rooney dropping off Welbeck. Ryan Giggs and Michael Carrick was the midfield combination – basically a duo of two passers, which might not be ideal away at Arsenal without a more combative player, but then Ferguson had few other options. That said, Phil Jones could have played in midfield with one of the Brazilian twins at right-back, but instead he started at right-back. Anders Lindegaard started over David De Gea in goal.

Sir Alex Ferguson picked the expected side in a 4-4-1-1 shape. Chris Smalling had picked up an injury the day before, otherwise his promising partnership with Jonny Evans might have been retained at the back.

lest I forget, Rooney's long ball success in 2011/12, was even 80%. That shows they were virtually all from open play.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2014
Shirley07:

Mata is not a playmaker.
Do you see how Silva conduct play? Now, that's a playmaker and I bet Silva is burdened with defensive duties as much as Mata.
Mata is not even an AMC like Ozil, James, Gotze, he's basically a second striker.
What you're failing to grasp is the playmaking aspect, not creativity. Both are two different things. For example, Xavi do the playmaking for Barca, Iniesta and the forwards do the creativity. However the platform for their creativity is Xavi's playmaking. Without it, Barca lose their penetration and incisiveness. Same with Madrid whenever they had Alonso out, they were out of sort, although they have Kroos in his place now.
What Manutd need is a playmaker.
Herrera can perfectly play our playmaker role if given the opportunity,talk of his technical awareness,his passing intelligence,his on and off ball movements,always willing to win back the ball nd he makes almost a perfect decision everytime.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2014
The way S'ton is now losing eeh!
I pity for them. cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2014
@elampiro n coogar mk una no turn dis tin into a husband n wife argument abeg, e don too long ni

(1) (2) (3) ... (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Unlimited22 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.