Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,278 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8710881 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:
yet another evidence that elampiro lies for a living....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1948362_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

wayne rooney against everton - 3 poorly taken cornerkicks & elampawa told the public rooney never took cornerkicks in 11/12 season. grin

You will have to produce evidence that I said Rooney never took a corner kick. You dont pay attention to details.

You said Rooney was our corner kick taker, that was the dispute.

And you lied to us these were long balls. If these were long balls, how did Rooney made over 70% accurate long balls all season?

Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro:

If you considered a playmaker as one who dictate the direction of a team's play and influences virtually all matches in his team favour, Herrera is not there yet. You saw the other day when he played against Liecester and Southampton, the games were somewhat beyond him.
so if a playmaker has a bad day, he seizes to be one until he gets another good day on the pitch?

this long argument na just English Language cause am ooo.

was Okocha a playmaker?
is Fabregas a playmaker?
who was the playmaker for the Netherlands in Brazil?
can you name your top 5 playmakers in the world presently.

Shirley was stressing the point that a playmaker very different from a deep-lying midfielder, that was why I asked her that question.

when van Gaal deployed the diamond Herrera - Blind - Angel - Rooney; Blind & Herrera did most of the midfield interchanges & little one-twos to keep possession with the full backs, Angel started most of the attacks functioning as an inverted winger & a central midfielder together, Rooney made lots of late runs into the channel created by one of the strikers who drags his marker away. their roles were clearly defined & the pattern worked. the downside was the lack of energy & pace tracking back, and that's why van Gaal is looking to add steel in the mix - step forward Fellaini.

Shirley harping on this playmaker subject & nullifying the gaffer's (obvious) reach for balance, is just singing awilo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro:

You will have to produce evidence that I said Rooney never took a corner kick. You dont pay attention to details.

You said Rooney was our corner kick taker, that was the dispute.

maybe your ghost wrote this....
elampawa the liar - oshiomole should put your name up for guinness book of record.

elampiro:
Coogar lied to us Rooney was taking corner kicks.

I saw at least two goals Rooney scored from corner in 2011/2012. From Giggs (right flag), Young (left flag). grin Liverpool and Tottenham respectively.

your lies are so advanced - you are now lying that you lied. were you not the one that posted this last night or your neighbour lent your laptop? grin

in about 4 different games i have checked, rooney took about 10 corner kicks already. who then was our corner kick taker if it wasn't rooney?

And you lied to us these were long balls. If these were long balls, how did Rooney made over 70% accurate long balls all season?
Ukwu!!!

corner kicks are part of long balls. opta defined long ball as any pass over 25 yards. i repeat, 25 yards. the distance from the corner flag to the penalty spot is about 35 yards. all those corner kicks count as long passes or long balls.

the reason rooney had 70% accuracy is because he had many passes over the 25-yard barrier. these passes aren't necessarily forward passes. they could be square, forward or backward.

rooney likes doing the cross field pass to the flanks while he quickly darts into the box to meet a cross - all those scholesesque passes he does are long balls - it's got nothing to do with him being number 9 or number 19.

this is logic.....stop lying!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
this is rooney's total passes(ALL) image against everton in 11/12 that ended 4-4.

elampiro, if you are not blind, you should be able to see the 3 corner kicks i posted earlier counted as some of his passes.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1948411_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

it's from this image that opta will now isolate the short passes, long ones, corner, square, forward, backward, key pass, assist, etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

in about 4 different games i have checked, rooney took about 10 corner kicks already. who then was our corner kick taker if it wasn't rooney?

corner kicks are part of long balls. opta defined long ball as any pass over 25 yards. i repeat, 25 yards. the distance from the corner flag to the penalty spot is about 35 yards. all those corner kicks count as long passes or long balls.

the reason rooney had 70% accuracy is because he had many passes over the 25-yard barrier. these passes aren't necessarily forward passes. they could be square, forward or backward.

rooney likes doing the cross field pass to the flanks while he quickly darts into the box to meet a cross - all those scholesesque passes he does are long balls - it's got nothing to do with him being number 9 or number 19.

You like to make up stories from the blues. In any case, it means Rooney played deep. Having 5.4 of such balls per match tells it all where Rooney played.

Also, if he took corner kicks for us as you said, his long balls stats should have been screwed by the high number of corner kicks.

You may just have find some matches where other corner kicks takers were injured in a certain period.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
Leyqute:

a playmaker is someone who dictates play..moves all about the pitch stringing passes together..and controlling the game. he decides when the team attacks and the tempo and speed with which the game is played, etc

messi is a great player but when it comes to playmaking yaya toure z better than he is.
lol yaya is a better playmaker? I'm done with this display of ignorance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro:

You like to make up stories from the blues. In any case, it means Rooney played deep. Having 5.4 of such balls per match tells it all where Rooney played.

it didn't mean he played deep, it only means you lack the gift of comprehension. long ball doesn't necessarily mean a forward pass, it could be backward or a square pass. a striker can receive the ball with his back to goal, spread the ball to the wing & run into the box. if his pass to the wing is more than 25 yards, then it's a long ball.

Also, if he took corner kicks for us as you said, his long balls stats should have been screwed by the high number of corner kicks.

so now it's become the case of if? grin
did you not swear with your testiclës that all our cornets were from young & giggs last night? the facts are starting to make you skip like a broken CD.

You may just have find some matches where other corner kicks takers were injured in a certain period.

may have?? cheesy ;
nani started against everton - according to you, he's one of our wingers taking corner kicks that season. so how did rooney end up taking 3 while nani was on the pitch?

elampawa, no one would lend you any money on this thread. if you can lie bold-faced in this manner then it's not likely you will return any money you borrow. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

maybe your ghost wrote this....
elampawa the liar - oshiomole should put your name up for guinness book of record.

O boy go and read it again. You have again failed to paid attention to details.

coogar:

your lies are so advanced - you are now lying that you lied. were you not the one that posted this last night or your neighbour lent your laptop? grin

Rooney wasn't taking corner kicks. That meant he was not our regular corner kick taker. That was why I ask you to produce the stats to show that Anderson, Young and Giggs took our corner kicks.

coogar:

He wasn't. Anderson took, Giggs took, Nani took and Young took. Rooney probably took over towards the end of the season when others were not delivery.

coogar:

You are yet to show any Rooney's accurate corner that is 25 yards.

All you showed were inaccurate 25+ yards corners. This tells me Rooney did not take many corners, else his stats would be screwed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
[b]* Coogar cannot see that Rooney was the initiator of Chicha's goal from midfield. Rooney passed diagonally to Nani.

* When Rooney scored our second goal, he was in the midfield when the ball was passed to the right wing. Then he race into the box when the cross ariived, Bolton cleared, finally United put the ball back and Rooney adjusted his position to score.

* Rooney raced behind Hernadez from the number 10 position to score the 3rd goal.

* When Chicha missed a clear chance, only Young, Chicha and Nani were in the opposition half.

* When Rooney scored the 4th goal, he was far when Go=igg's long ball find Nani. Chicha and Young were the closest players. Chcha was in the box already. Rooney arrived to score from outside the box.

* Giggs was further up the pitch, then Rooney raced froward from our half into the left wing, Rooney raced into final 3rd and gave a yhrough pass to Chicha who missed badly.

* Anderson took a corner kick and a free kick. Yet Rooney was our set piece taker. [/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro:

O boy go and read it again. You have again failed to paid attention to details.

i have provided at least 10 corner kicks rooney took that season. none of anderson or young took that many.

Rooney wasn't taking corner kicks. That meant he was not our regular corner kick taker. That was why I ask you to produce the stats to show that Anderson, Young and Giggs took our corner kicks.

i am not interested in spamming the thread with opta images. i just counted over 25 corner kicks rooney took - spread over that season. if rooney isn't a regular corner taker, heaven help the ones who did. they musta taken 100 each.

He wasn't. Anderson took, Giggs took, Nani took and Young took. Rooney probably took over towards the end of the season when others were not delivery.

rooney took more than young & anderson.

You are yet to show any Rooney's accurate corner that is 25 yards.
All you showed were inaccurate 25+ yards corners. This tells me Rooney did not take many corners, else his stats would be screwed.

nah, there were accurate ones in the images i have posted. if you have any gift of sight, you would see all rooney's long passes included corners, indirect freekicks & crosses. why are you focusing on corners alone? are crosses or cross-field passes not part of long balls - isn't that rooney's modus operandi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

it didn't mean he played deep, it only means you lack the gift of comprehension. long ball doesn't necessarily mean a forward pass, it could be backward or a square pass. a striker can receive the ball with his back to goal, spread the ball to the wing & run into the box. if his pass to the wing is more than 25 yards, then it's a long ball.

so now it's become the case of if? grin
did you not swear with your testiclës that all our cornets were from young & giggs last night? the facts are starting to make you skip like a broken CD.

may have?? cheesy ;
nani started against everton - according to you, he's one of our wingers taking corner kicks that season. so how did rooney end up taking 3 while nani was on the pitch?

elampawa, no one would lend you any money on this thread. if you can lie bold-faced in this manner then it's not likely you will return any money you borrow. cheesy

Abegi, all Rooney's long balls vs Bolton you showed us were forward passes. 4 forward passes with two even landing in Bolton box.

Rooney took corners against Everton because Nani was the only other player on the pitch who could take corner kicks. It wouldnt make sense running drom flank to flank.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

i have provided at least 10 corner kicks rooney took that season. none of anderson or young took that many.

i am not interested in spamming the thread with opta images. i just counted over 25 corner kicks rooney took - spread over that season. if rooney isn't a regular corner taker, heaven help the ones who did. they musta taken 100 each.

rooney took more than young & anderson.

nah, there were accurate ones in the images i have posted. if you have any gift of sight, you would see all rooney's long passes included corners, indirect freekicks & crosses. why are you focusing on corners alone? are crosses or cross-field passes not part of long balls - isn't that rooney's modus operandi?

The question is, how many accurate long balls did Rooney make from corners? In my experience as a United fan, Rooney doesnt take free kick from the middle of the field. His free kicks were mostly direct shots at goal. These wouldn't be long balls.

If you said he took set plays and still came up with 70%, I think you are making your case worse,

Lastly, in my scattered search, I have seen from whoscored that Young took many corners.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro:
* Coogar cannot see that Rooney was the initiator of Chicha's goal from midfield. Rooney passed diagonally to Nani.

* When Rooney scored our second goal, he was in the midfield when the ball was passed to the right wing. Then he race into the box when the cross ariived, Bolton cleared, finally United put the ball back and Rooney adjusted his position to score.

* Rooney raced behind Hernadez from the number 10 position to score the 3rd goal.

* When Chicha missed a clear chance, only Young, Chicha and Nani were in the opposition half.

* When Rooney scored the 4th goal, he was far when Go=igg's long ball find Nani. Chicha and Young were the closest players. Chcha was in the box already. Rooney arrived to score from outside the box.

* Giggs was further up the pitch, then Rooney raced froward from our half into the left wing, Rooney raced into final 3rd and gave a yhrough pass to Chicha who missed badly.

* Anderson took a corner kick and a free kick. Yet Rooney was our set piece taker.

elampiro, stop being a dumbasś
football is fluid - if everyone is permanently stuck to their starting positions then defenders & midfielders won't be scoring.

your claim that a player had to be in the midfield to make long passes is a ridiculous claim & i have one more wildcard to convince the viewers that you lack a football brain.

against sunderland(last game of the season)
rooney was the lone striker. he played as the only striker on the day. the only substitute fergie made was nani.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1948572_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

so tell us(according to your theory that strikers don't make long balls), how come rooney was able to make 3 long balls into the opponents area. who did rooney make these successful long passes to? hernandez or aguero? grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1948573_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
Elamps and coogar.......
E don do abeg...... Come back to the present... cool cool cool[url][/url] cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
lekkie073:
Elamps and coogar.......
E don do abeg...... Come back to the present... cool cool cool[url][/url] cool cool cool cool cool

make una leave me & elampawa....
van gaal has shamed him in terms of our lofty position in the league - so we have to go back in time to settle an old score. grin

when we slip back to 7th position(moyes bus-stop), we might come back to the present day. 11/12 season was a sweet season. i like that season so tayyyyy, i wasn't sad when aguero delivered the killer punch that took the title off our hands. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

when we slip back to 7th position(moyes bus-stop), we might come back to the present day. 11/12 season was a sweet season. i like that season so tayyyyy, i wasn't sad when aguero delivered the killer punch that took the title off our hands. grin
Hmm. Took me almost a week to recover. Was like I got hit by a train grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
chrisley024:
Hmm. Took me almost a week to recover. Was like I got hit by a train.

i was weak for a week.
before the game, i thought city would smash the other team and just go on and win the title.

when city conceded & game was going to the death, i suddenly became hopeful thinking how shïtty city must have been to trail a team that had a man sent off.

at 2-2, i was like ok....
if city win this game from here then they deserved it. then our game ended with a victory at sunderland.....that was when my hopë went 500%.

only for that argentinian midget to dash my hopes in the added time. that game should be investigated. QPR stopped playing when they knew they were safe either way. all the games of that day should have stopped at the same time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

that's exactly the point!
you are too intellectually sterile to understand the technicality of the game - and that is the reason you found yourself working the shelf on tesco in the first place.

when your mates were studying hard in school to avoid the kinda menial jobs you now find yourself, you were putting mirrors on the ground to look at the pänties of your female classmates. tell your oga in tesco that if he needs an increase in his daily rate, he should holla @ me. grin
THIS GUY OBVIOUSLY GIVE MORE GRIEVANCE THAN A PITBULL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
chrisley024:
Hmm. Took me almost a week to recover. Was like I got hit by a train grin

Strangely, That title win for City didnt hurt me that much.I got over it very quickly compared to some others. I just had an appreciation for how beautiful football can be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
The Reds paid a special visit to patients at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital and The Christie on Tuesday to deliver some early Christmas gifts

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
^^^ wow nice one
look @ di Maria, na wa o e don tay wey I see him face oo cheesy cheesy... we have been grabbing wins in his absence sef, together with Shaw, Blind, Rojo & Falcao.(about 85% of the much touted £150m) grin grin grin

haters wey dey call our rise luck suppose jam head for rock & DIE!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

elampiro, stop being a dumbasś
football is fluid - if everyone is permanently stuck to their starting positions then defenders & midfielders won't be scoring.

your claim that a player had to be in the midfield to make long passes is a ridiculous claim & i have one more wildcard to convince the viewers that you lack a football brain.

against sunderland(last game of the season)
rooney was the lone striker. he played as the only striker on the day. the only substitute fergie made was nani.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1948572_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

so tell us(according to your theory that strikers don't make long balls), how come rooney was able to make 3 long balls into the opponents area. who did rooney make these successful long passes to? hernandez or aguero? grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1948573_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

* You have defeated yourself again. You said football is fluid, yet Chicharito was around the opposition box all through the match. Is that fluidity. Didn't you see Rooney cleared from the line from open play and always with midfielders while Chicha was rooted.

* You chart above is meaningless to this discussion. Rooney ony pllayed 9 when Chicha, Welbeck and Berba did not start. Then it became 4-51 or 4-3-3.

* Those long passes were to the wings.Even it is expected because Zonal Marking said Rooney was used as a false 9 a few times he was used as 9 when Chicha, Wellbeck and Berba did not start. Rooney was to hold play while wingers ran into space.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

make una leave me & elampawa....
van gaal has shamed him in terms of our lofty position in the league - so we have to go back in time to settle an old score. grin

You completely misunderstood me on Gaal. Everyone knew I never said e would fail.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro:

* You have defeated yourself again. You said football is fluid, yet Chicharito was around the opposition box all through the match. Is that fluidity. Didn't you see Rooney cleared from the line from open play and always with midfielders while Chicha was rooted.

you are arguing like an idiöt again....
what has this gotta do with anything? why was mata scoring a header further down the pitch? how did evra score at allianz arena? is that where a left back should be?

* You chart above is meaningless to this discussion. Rooney ony pllayed 9 when Chicha, Welbeck and Berba did not start. Then it became 4-51 or 4-3-3.

it's not meaningless, 4-5-1....is 4-2-3-1.
rooney played in the same position that RVP played throughout that season - the arrowhead. so why was rooney as the arrowhead making long passes....

Those long passes were to the wings.Even it is expected because Zonal Marking said Rooney was used as a false 9 a few times he was used as 9 when Chicha, Wellbeck and Berba did not start. Rooney was to hold play while wingers ran into space.

so if rooney as a striker was making passes to the wings, why is it impossible that he was making the same long passes from a 4-4-2 formation?

you have defeated yourself, boy!

go to bed.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
Coogar, in the Sunderland game above Rooney played the false 9. You can't see something was very obvious. He was our worst passer behind Valencia and DDG.

Scholes made 103 passes while Rooney made only 44 passes. That can only be possible when Rooney plays the number 9.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro:
Coogar, in the Sunderland game above Rooney played the false 9. You can't see something was very obvious. He was our worst passer behind Valencia and DDG.

Scholes made 103 passes while Rooney made only 44 passes. That can only be possible when Rooney plays the number 9.

rooney didn't play any false 9
he was the main man, rooney played as the arrowhead, giggs played in the hole. so you see, your assertion has been destroyed.

there are other games such as this too in that season - this is just to prove to you that anyone can cop long passes in a game if they are good at playing them. rooney likes hopeless long passes to the wing - whether he plays as a striker or goalie, you can't stop him from doing it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
Coogar and Elampiro make una arrange date to see each other and drink....
una friendship go make sense scatter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:00am On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

you are arguing like an idiöt again....
what has this gotta do with anything? why was mata scoring a header further down the pitch? how did evra score at allianz arena? is that where a left back should be?

You are an Ekwe Sample. Mata abd Evra were seen around defence and midfield. Chicharito was mostly rooted in the final 3rd.

coogar:

it's not meaningless, 4-5-1....is 4-2-3-1.
rooney played in the same position that RVP played throughout that season - the arrowhead. so why was rooney as the arrowhead making long passes....

That was false 9. Moreover, number 9 can make a few long passes, but not 6 accurate long passes per game in a long run.

Moreover, Rooney was the least passer in that game bar Valencia and DDG. Which confirms he was 9.

coogar:

so if rooney as a striker was making passes to the wings, why is it impossible that he was making the same long passes from a 4-4-2 formation?

you have defeated yourself, boy!

go to bed.....

You have to consider the number of passes he made in matches and the zone he played. Number 9s don't make seasonal 4th highest passers in teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:04am On Dec 17, 2014
ok

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:08am On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

rooney didn't play any false 9
he was the main man, rooney played as the arrowhead, giggs played in the hole. so you see, your assertion has been destroyed.

Is that not a 4-5-1?

In any case ZM said Rooney played the false 9 mostly when the formation was changed. United deployed 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 whenever Rooney had to lead.

I just checked. Whoscored recorded it as 4-5-1.

coogar:

there are other games such as this too in that season - this is just to prove to you that anyone can cop long passes in a game if they are good at playing them. rooney likes hopeless long passes to the wing - whether he plays as a striker or goalie, you can't stop him from doing it.
ad.

With the number of long passes, you can tell where he mostly operated. This is not like we parked the bus all season. That would be the only way a number 9 would be playing long passes, when you park the bus and leave two players high up field. To see one playing long passes all season says alot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:11am On Dec 17, 2014
more pics

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:12am On Dec 17, 2014
elampiro:

Is that not a 4-5-1?

In any case ZM said Rooney played the false 9 mostly when the formation was changed. United deployed 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 whenever Rooney had to lead.

so if i read you correctly, 4-5-1 means rooney played in a false-9 position? grin 4-5-1 is different from 4-2-3-1.

I just checked. Whoscored recorded it as 4-5-1.

With the number of long passes, you can tell where he mostly operated. This is not like we parked the bus all season. That would be the only way a number 9 would be playing long passes, when you park the bus and leave two players high up field. To see one playing long passes all season says alot.

when whoscored said we played 4-4-2 for most of 11/12, you said they didn't know what they are saying. now you are referring to the same website cos it suits your argument?

you are a fraud!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.