Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9161065 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) ... (14378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:10am On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:
smalling is our best central defender
jones & evans are global liabilities. benteke just shat on them throughout the game.

can't wait for smalling to get back.....

You cannot judge with one match, particularly someone's first match in a position after injury. When Samalling got a red card the other day, it was like the worst reader of a match. Then he bounced back.

Jones showed today he understood best how to catch opposition with offside traps. That was what Rafael didn't understand the other time we played 2-2. Blackett and Evans line up with Jones and we got it right 3/3 to prevent great threats against us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 12:18am On Dec 21, 2014
mcfarlin:
We really need to see ifa,orunmila and obatala on this our injury crises

If we had fellaini and herrera for this game we might have gotten maximum points..

Fletcher and evans should just submit transfer requests out of shame...

If I was evans...I woulda commited suicide longtime ago.

Fletcher woulda done better in life as a village headmaster he has the charisma.
Lmao!gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:24am On Dec 21, 2014
elampiro:

You canno judge with one match, particularly someone's first match in a position. When Samalling got a red card the other day, it was like the worst reader of a match. Then he bounced back.

Jones showed today he understood best how to catch opposition with offside traps. That was what Rafael didn't understand the other time we played 2-2. Blackett and Evans line up with Jones and we got it right 3/3 to prevent great threats against us.

jones is a lunatic.
who was he catching offside? he's a deer in the headlights. smalling didn't perform badly against city, he only mistimed a tackle & got a red card - something rooney(with all his experience) has also been guilty of this season.

jones on the other hand doesn't fill you with confidence. he cannot defend & he cannot lead, he just runs around like a bumbling oaf. benteke just ate him up today. something smalling couldn't have allowed in the central defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:18am On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

jones is a lunatic.
who was he catching offside? he's a deer in the headlights. smalling didn't perform badly against city, he only mistimed a tackle & got a red card - something rooney(with all his experience) has also been guilty of this season.

jones on the other hand doesn't fill you with confidence. he cannot defend & he cannot lead, he just runs around like a bumbling oaf. benteke just ate him up today. something smalling couldn't have allowed in the central defence.

May be u didn't see his offside traps. They were pefect and helped to reduce threats on us.

Beteke only ate him once, and that was a misunderstanding between Jones and anther of our player.

Before the arrival of Rojo, Jones was the best central defender in our team after Gaal had tried Evans, Smalling and Jones in the middle of three man defence. Jones was the only one who was composed in 3-5-2. Smalling was shaking shaking.

Remember too, Jones came into the middle when we needed o go look for goals. We not been behind in score before, since return of Carrick. This is just one match. Too early to conclude.

* Smalling was so good that DDG always won the MOTM?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:59am On Dec 21, 2014
^^^ I thought Cortouis won motm @ old Trafford but Chelshit supposedly have the best defence in the league?

we have conceded only a few more goals than them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:06am On Dec 21, 2014
codedguy1:

3/10 hian he tried ooo!
many rated him 2/10. I'm sure 1 is for appearance & 1 out of respect grin

van Gaal is just adamant, whatever suggested to LvG from Fletcher's sub appearances so far that he can make any iota of impact on proceedings?

this is the second time he is starting with a useless line up & wasting substitions just to balance an obvious foolishness, instead of it being a tactical change.

I no see the game but the points dropped were easily avoidable & e just dey vex me seriously!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

jones is a lunatic.

JOnes saved us from conceding with that last minute break from the villains. Johnny evans was the real stinker in defence yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2014
SailorXY:
^^^ I thought Cortouis won motm @ old Trafford but Chelshit supposedly have the best defence in the league?

A one off incidence abi?

SailorXY:

we have conceded only a few more goals than them

This one no concern matter wey dey ground now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:51am On Dec 21, 2014
I think the only reason Fletcher is still with the team is cos of Giggs(he's the assistant n therefore has some influence in players selection) otherwise I can't fathom any other.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:11am On Dec 21, 2014
elampiro:

May be u didn't see his offside traps. They were pefect and helped to reduce threats on us.

which stûpid offside traps?
that's the incompetence of a defender, relying on traps to catch offensive players instead of reading the game intelligently.

Beteke only ate him once, and that was a misunderstanding between Jones and anther of our player.

he was eaten throughout the game. mcnair & blackett have both given better performances than jones.

Before the arrival of Rojo, Jones was the best central defender in our team after Gaal had tried Evans, Smalling and Jones in the middle of three man defence. Jones was the only one who was composed in 3-5-2. Smalling was shaking shaking.

smalling was the MOTM at arsënal & he was surrounded by rookies & makeshift defenders. he passes the ball better than jones & he wins more aerials than jones.

Remember too, Jones came into the middle when we needed o go look for goals. We not been behind in score before, since return of Carrick. This is just one match. Too early to conclude.

jones is wack....
after all his training & watching rio/vidic, he hasn't learnt jack. he just runs around like a fool. he doesn't know how to lead & command his area. the only quality jones has is when he travels with the ball, other than that he's a defensive liability.

* Smalling was so good that DDG always won the MOTM?

smalling was the MOTM at the emirates - he gave a world class performance that night. against hull, smalling clocked 8.36 rating via his performance - a number jones hasn't smelt yet this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

which stûpid offside traps?
that's the incompetence of a defender, relying on traps to catch offensive players instead of reading the game intelligently.

he was eaten throughout the game. mcnair & blackett have both given better performances than jones.

smalling was the MOTM at arsënal & he was surrounded by rookies & makeshift defenders. he passes the ball better than jones & he wins more aerials than jones.

jones is wack....
after all his training & watching rio/vidic, he hasn't learnt jack. he just runs around like a fool. he doesn't know how to lead & command his area. the only quality jones has is when he travels with the ball, other than that he's a defensive liability.

smalling was the MOTM at the emirates - he gave a world class performance that night. against hull, smalling clocked 8.36 rating via his performance - a number jones hasn't smelt yet this season.

Offiside trap is not an intelligent play? Ukwu!!! grin

Jones has been our highest rated player since August ending till date.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:35am On Dec 21, 2014
elampiro:

Offiside trap is not an intelligent play? Ukwu!!! grin

Jones has been our highest rated player since August ending till date.

by the virtue of the weak teams he faced in the early parts of the season when most of his teammates in the defence were out injured. swansea? sunderland? burnley? my granny will score high points those type of teams.

sell jones, buy varane!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

by the virtue of the weak teams he faced in the early parts of the season when most of his teammates in the defence were out injured. swansea? sunderland? burnley? my granny will score high points those type of teams.

sell jones, buy varane!

And who has not played against small teams? Smalling was in our central defence flanked by Jones and Blackett when we lost to Swansea at Old Trafford. Jones always get rated higher whenever he played with Smalling in matches.

I may be wrong, but Jones is always rated higher than Smalling every season. Jones always in our top 6.

Sell Samlling buy Omerou. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 11:18am On Dec 21, 2014
please why d hell hv we not been awarded a single penalty kick this season ? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
parrotibaba:
please why d hell hv we not been awarded a single penalty kick this season ? undecided
this one is question for the FA...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
elampiro:

A one off incidence abi?
This one no concern matter wey dey ground now.
wetin one off mean? why should a settled back four lauded as best in the league ever need a goalkeeper to save them points if the goalie is not part of defence?
we all know the defence misses Smalling, he may not be the best defender in the world but he's been in top form these past few weeks....

& yes we have conceded only five goals more than Chelshit with a settled back five, so its either our defensive problems are overblown or Chelshit's defense is just there.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
SailorXY:

wetin one off mean? why should a settled back four lauded as best in the league ever need a goalkeeper to save them points if the goalie is not part of defence?
we all know the defence misses Smalling, he may not be the best defender in the world but he's been in top form these past few weeks....

& yes we have conceded only five goals more than Chelshit with a settled back five, so its either our defensive problems are overblown or Chelshit's defense is just there.

I am not against Smalling. You got me wrong.

I replied Coogar just because I sensed he wanted to make Jones look bad.

When Jones was fit, he was made a scapegoat for our defenders injuries, now he is fit, he is attacked. Jones was okay yesterday. He only made an error, the early part of second half when he was moved to the centre. In the 2nd half we were chasing the game badly, Carrick and Rooney left the back three unprotected. Carrick and Rooney played in the attacking zone, so Villa's big men were lurking around our defence to catch them with speed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
The passionate face Falcao makes when he scores makes me laugh; Marvelous! He just want to be with Manchester United and I think he deserves it, we will have a squad that rivals the collection in Real Madrid or Bayern Munich before the start of next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
Our defenders appearance time in the last 3-4 seasons.

Season ....Jones ............Evans.........Smalling..........Rafael.
2013/14 ..2174..............1378............1938..............1421
2012/13...1207..............1907............1014..............2322
2011/12...2131..............2473............1295...............920
-----
Sub Total 5512..............5758............4247...............4663

Jones and Smalling became EPL regulars in 2010/2011 season
2010/11...2178.............1022.............1082...............1225
------
Toatal.....7690..............6780.............5329...............5888

We really have been lenient with Rafeal on this thread. Jones has been used as the scapegoat for our injuries on this thread even though he has had far more playing time than Smalling and Rafael. .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wat really ruined us in dat match was d sub, val n young re already giving us d penetration
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
Sniper4real:
Wat really ruined us in dat match was d sub, val n young re already giving us d penetration

We were playing like Bayern Munich or Madrid before our equalizer. Gaal should have allowed the play to continue till 70th minute before any sub. Wilson should not be making our bench again, now that Falcao, RVP, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria are all available.

Gaal has showed Wilson enough love. He can only be grateful. However, his contact should be arranged in such a way that we can retain him for a long time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
Odunharry:

this one is question for the FA...
u get dia number ? sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
New year wish(specifically Jan transfer window)

(1) Raphael Varane

(2) Nathan Clyne

(3) Arturo Vidal

New year resolution(specifically what I want us to ditch for better things)

(1) Johnny Evans

(2) Phil Jones

(3) Anderson

(4) Luis Nani

(5) Ditching d 3-5-2 formation

(6) Deliverance from incessant injuries
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Welbeck ends in the wing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
elampiro:
what did he expect? Giroud has more conviction as the focal point
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
elampiro:
Oh well! That's not news!undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
chrisley024:
I think the only reason Fletcher is still with the team is cos of Giggs(he's the assistant n therefore has some influence in players selection) otherwise I can't fathom any other.

He will definitely be out of contract at the end of this season. So, he will be free to leave.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
arsenal - 35% possession in a 90 minute game. their lowest in 11 years or since OPTA started compiling stats.....yet they got a point at anfield.

when are we going there? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
It looked like Liverpool were going to win 5-0 in the first 30 mins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
If I were Wenger, I wouldnt sub Chamberlain. But the result I wanted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
This Liverpool fan just made my evening!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
Let's assume that these transfer news/rumours making the rounds,are anything to go by,

Question is,do we really need Gareth Bale at Old Trafford?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) ... (14378) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.