Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8724831 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dadehmola:

You can say that again...

Even if Rvp wasn't contributing much, The Wilson sub was just ridiculous!!

I was expecting di Maria (even though he struggled) to come in for mata.

2 points dropped but fortunately, it has no effect on our position

Newcastle next...

We were mounting heavy pressure before the goal. It would have been wise to keep mounting pressure same way for at least another 15 minutes before the substitution.

I expected Mata to have helped the midfield knowing what was behind him. Some how he compounded the midfield woes by losing the ball carelessly in the first half.

I am not happy about this points dropped. I wanted us to lost Arsenal and Liverpool. And may be Spurs and Southampton if they were to be taken serious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
codedguy1:

It was just a few minutes after subbibg RvP for Wilson that the red card came. I don't think Lvg would have removed RvP if the red card came while Rvp was on the pitch.

Wilson, Evans and Fletcher need to rediscover what their talents are - maybe guinea fowl hunters or something because right now they don't even look like ball boys in a primary sch match.

He shouldn't have subbed RVP in the first place. Wilson isn't going to offer more than even half fit RVP.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
chrisley024:
Exactly. Di maria and Wilson offered nothing. Young and Val should have remained in their positions or Val for Rafael.

Unto da next.

It was an off day for Gaal. He is getting to know his team every day. The starting line up was wrong. Then the substitution were wrong. How do you make substitution when at 60 mins everything looked perfect and hot?

Gaal thought Villa speeding counter attack died with Agbonlanhor's red card. Then he pulled out Val by bringing on Wilson for a direct attacking play. It badly backfired. Villa somewhat took over. Also, it looks like Young is weak on the right side of the wing. He didnt offer anything near what he gave on the left.

Wilson should be sent on loan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
coogar:
we have pissed 2 points away...

the balance of the team was never right from the outset. we should return evans & wilson back to the reserves. i dunno why poor players rarely get injured. evans should never wear our shirt again.
That's quite strange. According to you, we can defeat any team.
Anyway, Van Gaal shouldn't be absolved from the blame too. The annoying thing about him is that he keeps promoting the wrong young players. No doubt Wilson is a great talent but we have many forwards in the team that need game time, especially Januzaj and that's when you consider Wilson himself needs regular game time which he's likely to have in the reserves and the fact that the reserve team has no striker.
And there's Thorpe, the reserve captain who was better than any of Blackett, McNair, Keane in the reserves. I saw him for the u20 worldcup last year and he was a rock in the defence for the England team. He's also a good on the ball, even better than the aforementioned names.
Lastly, we have some good central midfielders (Pearson, Harrop, Perreira) in the reserves that should have been promoted to avoid the reliance on the likes of Mata and Fellaini in midfield. The two bolded players are even the interesting ones because one is a playmaking CM (Harrop) and the other, a holding CM (Pearson) who's capable of being an understudy to Blind, now that Carrick is put in defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
codedguy1:

I no vex, I just did not understand why he would think that particular perfect pass to Rvp would be what I would be critical of.

Immediate after that incident there was a ball Rooney shud have controlled for himself to take a shot he bungled it about 2 - 3 other miscontrols tha he did in the game.

Rooney has well in this game, nothing spectacular but he has done well. I was hust particular about that failed control because it was a big chance for us.

If it were abig chance, I should have seen it. Big chance = CCC. RVP was the one who missed a big chance.

As for control, who doesn't miss control. Even our 'controls master' Mata has had horrible control this season even went sent clear in the box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
codedguy1:

It was just a few minutes after subbibg RvP for Wilson that the red card came. I don't think Lvg would have removed RvP if the red card came while Rvp was on the pitch.

Wilson, Evans and Fletcher need to rediscover what their talents are - maybe guinea fowl hunters or something because right now they don't even look like ball boys in a primary sch match.

Which match did you watch?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
Valencia is highly underrated. As soon as he left, Villa had a field day on the right side of our play.

If only Val could use his left leg at all.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
I said it.... M really back...... The blame has begun..... Very gaal nd wilson?? Ok who else
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
next : newcastle and spurs b4 new year..

E pain me say i miss the match o.....e jus dy do me lyk say na lose manutd lose...

GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
LvG should note that:

Di maria can't play as a wing back. He was bad the last time.

Wilson should be dropped from the 1st team. He ain't Chicha.

I still don't see the way forward with this 3-5-2.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
More from the boss, speaking
to #MUTV: "It's always important not to lose but I'm frustrated because we gave two points away."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
Yeah. I talked about this Villa game yesterday. Away games ain't easy. You've to put in more hard work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
Man United has gone 3,718 consecutive first team games since October 1937 with a youth player listed in squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
till now we dnt av a consistent starting eleven??

Injury no good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
Tval:
bad man keky cheesy cheesy
Chairman
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
How much is RVP collecting per week ?, he was just anonymous, mata nko? No where to be found, 2 unnecessary points dropped. Flecher has served his time, he needs to join a team like burnley, evans will never improve, the passes in the final isn't there again. Van Gaal is killing united with his unorthodox method, 4. 3 3 or 4 4 2 please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
elampiro:

Which match did you watch?

Which one did you watch?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dadehmola:

Which one did you watch?

In the match you saw, did Wilson come in for RVP?

Di Maria came for RVP,n and we were still dominant in the final 3rd until Val was substituted. It was Val/Wilson substitution.

Feltcher/Bvlackett
RVP/Di Maria
Val/Wison
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
elampiro:

In the match you saw, did Wilson come in for RVP?

Di Maria came for RVP,n and we were still dominant in the final 3rd until Val was substituted. It was Val/Wilon substitution.

Feltcher/Bvlackett
RVP/Di Maria
Val/Wison

I think he meant to stress the point that ; had agbolanhor been carded while Rvp was on the pitch, LVG wouldn't have subbed him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
Shirley07:

That's quite strange. According to you, we can defeat any team.

we had no excuse not to walk away with all the 3 points tonight. mcnair & blackett are better than evans. the back four would have coped better with rafael--jones--mcnair--blackett.

Anyway, Van Gaal shouldn't be absolved from the blame too. The annoying thing about him is that he keeps promoting the wrong young players. No doubt Wilson is a great talent but we have many forwards in the team that need game time, especially Januzaj and that's when you consider Wilson himself needs regular game time which he's likely to have in the reserves and the fact that the reserve team has no striker.

i called him out the moment i saw the line-up. the tactical approach was rubbish. the formation isn't really the problem, the personnel tasked to play the formation is the main issue.

And there's Thorpe, the reserve captain who was better than any of Blackett, McNair, Keane in the reserves. I saw him for the u20 worldcup last year and he was a rock in the defence for the England team. He's also a good on the ball, even better than the aforementioned names.

you watch under-20 world cup?

Lastly, we have some good central midfielders (Pearson, Harrop, Perreira) in the reserves that should have been promoted to avoid the reliance on the likes of Mata and Fellaini in midfield. The two bolded players are even the interesting ones because one is a playmaking CM (Harrop) and the other, a holding CM (Pearson) who's capable of being an understudy to Blind, now that Carrick is put in defence.

enough is just enough!
any of our old players still crocked after christmas should be sold. we need at least one more defender & a box-to-box midfielder. i thought rojo was fully back - where is he? herrera, fellaini, shaw, rafael, blind, etc. these players better shape up or ship out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dadehmola:

I think he meant to stress the point that ; had agbolanhor been carded while Rvp was on the pitch, LVG wouldn't have subbed him

He didn't mean that. He thought Wilson came on for RVP. And he dragged some people along that line of thought.

As for Gaal, he is still getting t know his team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
It was one of the matches we dominated, but creativity wasn't there in the first half and final minutes of the game. However, Villa keeper got Motm of whoascored with 8 saves. May be we weren't lucky.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dadehmola:

Thanks for understanding my point.

Elamps just wan start argument wey no get end just because I mentioned Rooneys name for a poor control he did at a crucial moment. I don't have that strength.

elampiro:

He didn't mean that. He thought Wilson came on for RVP. And he dragged some people along that line of thought.
As for Gaal, he is still getting t know his team.

It was a mistake! But even with that am happy intelligent people got my point.

Wilson for Rvp or di Maria for Val or vice versa was not the point I was driving at.

Someone has cleared the air you are still insisting on something trivial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
codedguy1:

Thanks for understanding my point.

Elamps just wan start argument wey no get end just because I mentioned Rooneys name for a poor control he did at a crucial moment. I don't have that strength.

It was a mistake! But even with that am happy intelligent people got my point.

Wilson for Rvp or di Maria for Val or vice versa was not the point I was driving at.

Someone has cleared the air you are still insisting on something trivial.

Leave Rooney ouy of RVP's miss. You only wanted to make RVP's miss less criminal. Rooney's miss is nmothing compared to Mata's misses throughout the game. Why did youi not highlight Mata's miss or his poor control all these while.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
chrisley024:
LvG should note that:

Di maria can't play as a wing back. He was bad the last time.

Wilson should be dropped from the 1st team. He ain't Chicha.

I still don't see the way forward with this 3-5-2.
the moment I clicked this thread & saw the line up, I started laughing out loud in the hall where I sat, this van Gaal is stubborn, end of story! 3-5-2 again? wetin dey worry the man sef? just play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 diamond even with the same set of players & the football will be better for fvck's sake... I even thought we lost when I learnt Benteke scored first, mtcheew rubbish
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
codedguy1:

Dadehmola, what other meaning can you give to this? Wilson for RVP? Lol, Wilson came after the red card.

This is how he saw Rooney missing a big chance.

Rooney did his best. We always struggle having Fletcher in the middle. Rooney was near perfect up to the last 10 minutes of the game. We could only have blamed him for lack of adequate forward play in he first half. Again he paired Fletcher who always make us struggle even if it were 5 mins to go he came on .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
elampiro:

Leave Rooney ouy of RVP's miss. You only wanted to make RVP's miss less criminal. Rooney's miss is nmothing compared to Mata's misses throughout the game. Why did youi not highlight Mata's miss or his poor control all these while.

You keep assuming.... That's why when you argue you end up tieing yourself in tortuous knots!

After my post

You assumed I was talking about the perfect pass Rooney gave Rvp for his miss.

You now assumed again that by insisting what I meant was the mistake I make in the substitution of RvP for wilson and insisted I dragged people to think that? Who are these people.

You are now assuming again that I highlighted Rooneys poor control just to diminish RvP miss. When those two incidence were, how do they say it again, MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE!

All I have to say to you is

Dadehmola:

Elamps abeg park well jor! Leave me alone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
I have read a couple of match ratings & Fletcher's highest so far is 3/10! holy moses!!!

& someone is trying to convince me that Anderson is somehow poorer than Fletcher? diarisgod o undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:48pm On Dec 20, 2014
codedguy1:

You keep assuming.... That's why when you argue you end up tieing yourself in tortuous knots!

After my post

You assumed I was talking about the perfect pass Rooney gave Rvp for his miss.

You now assumed again that by insisting what I meant was the mistake I make in the substitution of RvP for wilson and insisted I dragged people to think that? Who are these people.

You are now assuming again that I highlighted Rooneys poor control just to diminish RvP miss. When those two incidence were, how do they say it again, MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE!

All I have to say to you is

Elamps abeg park well jor! Leave me alone.

* I knew your mission. I nicked it in the bud.

* Tell me some truth. You haven't seen Mata, RVP and Falcao control badly many times? S why is it that every Rooney's mistake get recorded here?

Some mistakes are pardonable. For Rooney's performance today, he ought to be pardoned for any error in the final 3rd. Even though most of his passes were square, it is not easy to come out with 93% pass accuracy from 90+ passes pairing Fletcher. He also did well defensively.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2014
SailorXY:
I have read a couple of match ratings & Fletcher's highest so far is 3/10! holy moses!!!

& someone is trying to convince me that Anderson is somehow poorer than Fletcher? diarisgod o undecided

3/10 hian he tried ooo!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
elampiro:

* I know your mission. I nicked it in the bud.

* Tell me some truth. You haven't seen Mata, RVP and Falcao control badly many times? S why is it that every Rooney's mistake get recorded here?

Some mistakes are pardonable. For Rooney's performance today, he ought to be pardoned for any error in the final 3rd. Even though most of his passes were square, it is not easy to come out with 93% pass accuracy from 90+ passes pairing Fletcher. He also did well defensively.

Ok Elamps. I PARDON KING ROONEY!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:03am On Dec 21, 2014
smalling is our best central defender
jones & evans are global liabilities. benteke just shat on them throughout the game.

can't wait for smalling to get back.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.