Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8826595 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) ... (14204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
SailorXY:

he wasn't poor. it took some time for him to settle into the game & that was it.

he was still miles ahead of Evans, that was why I exclaimed 'diaris God o' when I saw Evans ahead of him in the line up.

guys like elampiro like to tell us how coaches see things we don't in training, but make we no lie to ourselves - wetin Evans don do this season to merit a spot even ahead Blackett? make we talk true for once!

I have nothing against Smalling, excerpt that I refused to see what put him ahead of Jones as you guys suggested. Jones is the preferred for club and country despite being the younger. He even met Smalling in Man United and even SAF favoured him over Smalling in selection.

Smalling was a mediocre last season when he was used in defence and Jones in midfield. When Jones was used in defence he showed far more composure and quality than Smalling.

Smalling ought to be ahead of Jones based on age and more years in first team, but he is yet to command. Evans was their boss but it's unfortunate that he is now the least.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
coogar:

stop feigning you are bereft of common sense. the statistics say.....

rooney hasn't scored in 450 league minutes
rooney hasn't assisted in 450 league minutes
rooney has no shots on target in 450 mins

you retorted back that mata also went 508 mins without scoring, assisting or hitting shots on target. i asked you to prove it and you are here lying to the public & shuffling facts.

when mata didn't score, he assisted or took shots on target. when he didn't assist, he scored and took shots on target. mata always contributes to a game.

falcao was onside.
fat rooney is too brainless to see a pass that was as glaring as fück.

it baffles me.....
even paddy, the rookie player in our defence has taken shots on target this season. how does rooney sleep at night knowing none of his shots has been on target in 2015? blind played deeper than rooney against west ham & scored. rooney's midfield position is no excuse.

Rooney just got an alert for his 300k. Coogar go and cry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
tess1:

LVG doesn't know what he's saying. What better balance is Rooney giving us as defensive midfielder or wherever in the midfield? I have said it before and i'll keep on saying it that Rooney anywhere in the midfield is a liability to us. He should be played in the striking position and if he's not good enough there, then he should be dropped to the bench. Play every player in their best position instead of playing them out of position.

I don't know how he could say Rooney playing in Daley Blind's position gave us a better balance with the rubbish we played on that day.

We were also playing rubbish when Blind was around.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
Former Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen says that Sir Alex Ferguson cost them the title in the year of THAT Sergio Aguero goal.
Meulensteen says that the Red Devils themselves should have won the title - but lost it a month earlier in a fateful midweek loss to Wigan Athletic.
And Meulensteen says that Ferguson's decision to drop Paul Scholes from the starting line-up is what cost them the victory.
Speaking to fanzine United We Stand, Meulensteen said: "That's where we lost the league. The manager thought that Paul Scholes, our key player and the one who could change the rhythm of the game, wasn't right to play two games in a week and for that reason he wasn't in the squad and we missed him."
Meulensteen also opened up about the win at Sunderland on the final day of the season, where at full-time United believed that they had secured the title.
He revealed that Ferguson turned around and congratulated his coaching staff, seconds before hearing about news that Aguero had scored.
Meulensteen, now 50, said: "The manager tapped me on the shoulder and said 'well done... we're champions for now'."
[Source: United We Stand]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney just got an alert for his 300k. Coogar go and cry.

so it's about the money, not his performance? so why do you get ulcers anytime we say rooney is a fraud or a liability? grin

elampawa.....rooney has been found out.

in another news.....RVP is the only player in the premier league that has scored at least 10 league goals in the last 5 premier league seasons.

choiiiiiiii, rooney is a liability. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
Premier League form table after the last 15 games.

and Rooney has been at the thick of this.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
I also felt Scholes absence against Wigan was a costly mistake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
raumdeuter:

A fraud is a player a captain that has played several games this year and doesnt have a goal, an assist, not even a shot on target

Rooney is a fraud. As long as Man Utd stick with Rooney they wont reach the level other top clubs are.

Remove Rooney and Man Utd would excel

That means everybody in that Manyoo squad is a fraud then.

Are you really expecting anybody to shine under a manager that plays a striker in defensive midfield, plays some wingers as fullbacks, plays other wingers in central midfield, and hands corner taking duties to his centreback?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
SailorXY:
team of the week

anyone else notice the man with a 10?? @afrodoc @elampiro

yada yada yada

Oga park well, why not stop watching matches and just browse player ratings. When Vidic and Rio at their peak almost never got 10 it is that Smalling performance that got a 10? Are you so gullible?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
coogar:

so it's about the money, not his performance? so why do you get ulcers anytime we say rooney is a fraud or a liability? grin

elampawa.....rooney has been found out.

in another news.....RVP is the only player in the premier league that has scored at least 10 league goals in the last 5 premier league seasons.

choiiiiiiii, rooney is a liability. grin

Compatriot RVPee and Fowlcow should go emulate Kane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

Oga park well, why not stop watching matches and just browse player ratings. When Vidic and Rio at their peak almost never got 10 it is that Smalling performance that got a 10? Are you so gullible?

smalling played well against burnley & his 10/10 rating was deserved. if a substitute defender can get 2 goals in a game we are struggling & a pathetic £300k/week midfielder cannot even get a shot on target then what's your point?

elampiro:

when kane wins 2 golden boots in the EPL back to back, he can dine with RVP. RVP was 29 when he won his last golden boot. rooney at 29 cannot even hit shots on target.

rooney peaked 8 years ago. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

I think that's his point...that statistics are deceiving.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
elampiro:

I have nothing against Smalling, excerpt that I refused to see what put him ahead of Jones as you guys suggested. Jones is the preferred for club and country despite being the younger. He even met Smalling in Man United and even SAF favoured him over Smalling in selection.

Smalling was a mediocre last season when he was used in defence and Jones in midfield. When Jones was used in defence he showed far more composure and quality than Smalling.

Smalling ought to be ahead of Jones based on age and more years in first team, but he is yet to command. Evans was their boss but it's unfortunate that he is now the least.
The issue is that Smalling has been the better of the lot, just in behind Rojo as far as this season is concerned! I believe what should count is the now now now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
elampiro:

in another news.......

robin van persie has now been directly involved in 77 goals (58 goals, 19 assists) in 101 appearances for man utd. grin

no wonder rooney was moved to the midfield. van persie guarantees an assist or a goal 76% of the time if he plays. cool

#effective
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

> 40 center backs were were on parade in the last round of epl football. let's agree the 10 is undeserved, but he got into the team of the week as a center back. that renders your 'much vaunted Smalling' dig, very inconsequential.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nihilist:

I think that's his point...that statistics are deceiving.

Nah i think he was trying to buttress his belief that Smalling was excellent in the game.
In a perfect world we would clear out all our CBs but realistically the only one that has to go is Evans....he is a waste of space and an accident waiting to happen.
Right now Smalling is ahead of Jones but that does not warrant people claiming Smalling would have stopped this or stopped that whenever the other CBs make mistakes.
Even Rojo is a very uncultured tackler, the day EPL strikers decipher him wahala fit gas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 9:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
elampiro:

We were also playing rubbish when Blind was around.

Yeah, that was because LVG is still experimenting with the team. He still doesn't know his first eleven. So, by now saying saying Rooney gave us 'better balance' means he'll continue experimenting him there. Continue using Rooney there will not give us good transition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:55pm On Feb 13, 2015
SailorXY:

> 40 center backs were were on parade in the last round of epl football. let's agree the 10 is undeserved, but he got into the team of the week as a center back. that renders your 'much vaunted Smalling' dig, very inconsequential.

He got into that team because he scored 2 goals not because of anything he did defensively. If you think he will be scoring braces every match good for you. I was assessing his defending in that match and he was found wanting at least half a dozen times.

A CB has to carry out his primary duties first before building on that with goals as a bonus.....Smalling's defending was very poor in that match especially considering it was Burnley he was facing and not Barca and it was Ings making those runs and not Aguero.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
We need Evans, Carrick, Rooney,RVP and Falcao off the wage bill as soon as possible. Only then can we really compete with the best in Europe.
Those guys are blocking promotion from the youth team and player acquisition from the market, we need them off in order to really complete the rebuilding process
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

He got into that team because he scored 2 goals not because of anything he did defensively. If you think he will be scoring braces every match good for you. I was assessing his defending in that match and he was found wanting at least half a dozen times.

A CB has to carry out his primary duties first before building on that with goals as a bonus.....Smalling's defending was very poor in that match especially considering it was Burnley he was facing and not Barca and it was Ings making those runs and not Aguero.

how do you rate Smalling overall this season on a scale of 10? the poor game (brain-fart actually) he had against City aside. he came back from that disappointment even stronger. check his average rating for the season & you'll know van Gaal really doesn't understand his players, if he is dropping Smalling for Evans & Jones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
tess1:

Yeah, that was because LVG is still experimenting with the team. He still doesn't know his first eleven. So, by now saying saying Rooney gave us 'better balance' means he'll continue experimenting him there. Continue using Rooney there will not give us good transition.

LVG wants to finish in top 4. How he does it is his utmost worry now, not transition. Transition can wait.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
SailorXY:

how do you rate Smalling overall this season on a scale of 10? the poor game (brain-fart actually) he had against City aside. he came back from that disappointment even stronger. check his average rating for the season & you'll know van Gaal really doesn't understand his players, if he is dropping Smalling for Evans & Jones.

Evans had the most potential and spent his formative years learning from the best and he keeps producing Poo......he is a waste of space and should be discarded.

Jones is either not getting the right coaching or is possibly uncoachable, his only advantage is that he is quicker than Smalling, more comfortable with the ball and has the advantage of years on his side.

Smalling is the best of the bunch this season( but that is not saying much), most dominant in the air e.t.c LVG's problem with him is that LVG prefers ball playing CBs and watching Smalling on the ball is as painful as tooth extraction (without anesthesia)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2015
coogar:

in another news.......

robin van persie has now been directly involved in 77 goals (58 goals, 19 assists) in 101 appearances for man utd. grin

no wonder rooney was moved to the midfield. van persie guarantees an assist or a goal 76% of the time if he plays. cool

#effective

Old things shall pass away. grin He plays only the striking position and these stats are nothing compared to what Kane is doing right now.

COMPRATRIOT WILL NEVER EARN 300K .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
Facts remains that if Rooney goes to attack, Falcao will not get a chance there again because Rooney will score goals there. He scored as a striker and as a number 10, he stats in both remain the most impressive this season, particularly the number 10.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

Evans had the most potential and spent his formative years learning from the best and he keeps producing Poo......he is a waste of space and should be discarded.

Jones is either not getting the right coaching or is possibly uncoachable, his only advantage is that he is quicker than Smalling, more comfortable with the ball and has the advantage of years on his side.

Smalling is the best of the bunch this season( but that is not saying much), most dominant in the air e.t.c LVG's problem with him is that LVG prefers ball playing CBs and watching Smalling on the ball is as painful as tooth extraction (without anesthesia)
I think he's also fine-tuning that part of his game. here's hoping he stays fit with Rojo cuz Jones has returned to his safe haven, where he earns cool cash doing nothing & sipping coffee.

I'll be damned if LvG continues this way next season. it is safe to say the football world are yet to understand his "philosophy", much less his playing staff!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 10:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
elampiro:

LVG wants to finish in top 4. How he does it is his utmost worry now, not transition. Transition can wait.

And how does a team that doesn't have a good transition finish in top 4? Playing a player with too many back passes and sideways passes in the midfield will never guarantee us a top 4 finish. That's part of the reasons Cleverly was sold. Rooney should be competing for the striking role. I only blame LVG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
tess1:

And how does a team that doesn't have a good transition finish in top 4? Playing a player with too many back passes and sideways passes in the midfield will never guarantee us a top 4 finish. That's part of the reasons Cleverly was sold. Rooney should be competing for the striking role. I only blame LVG.

rooney is not better than RVP/falcao in the striking position. don't let the british media pull wool over your eyes. rooney does not understand the centre forward position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
SailorXY:

I think he's also fine-tuning that part of his game. here's hoping he stays fit with Rojo cuz Jones has returned to his safe haven, where he earns cool cash doing nothing & sipping coffee.

I'll be damned if LvG continues this way next season. it is safe to say the football world are yet to understand his "philosophy", much less his playing staff!

LVG is not helping matters with his overcomplicated tinkering but this squad looks like it was assembled by a volleyball executive.
At the end of this season we should just quietly off load Evans,Carrick and Falcao with Rooney and RVP to go in 2016. Somewhere in between Young and Valencia should go too, one more chance for Nani next season.

Regarding Jones or Smalling, Jones is the better natural talent but lacks control and judgement.....i have never seen a centre back suffer so many self inflicted injuries. Smalling on the other hand needs to keep working hard especially on his ball playing and also on reading the game.

Jones can be a great centre back but with his headless chicken mentality the odds on that happening are getting longer by the day, Smalling on the other hand will never be more than just a decent centre back. I would keep both of them though and add a truly world class defender to partner one of them while the other sits on the bench. I would sell Evans to Makwanda United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
coogar:

rooney is not better than RVP/falcao in the striking position. don't let the british media pull wool over your eyes. rooney does not understand the centre forward position.

But he's not better in the defensive midfield as LVG have said as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
tess1:

But he's not better in the defensive midfield as LVG have said as well.

rooney shouldn't be in the team.
his captainship is the reason he makes the team according to van gaal. that was why i keep saying he's jack of all trade, master of none.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
coogar:

rooney shouldn't be in the team.
his captainship is the reason he makes the team according to van gaal. that was why i keep saying he's jack of all trade, master of none.

Falcao should not be in the team.
Play Rooney and RVP and replace Rooney with Herrera in midfield and results and performance will improve
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

Falcao should not be in the team.
Play Rooney and RVP and replace Rooney with Herrera in midfield and results and performance will improve

on the contrary, i would get rooney out of the team. play falcao or RVP as a lone striker & have mata/herrera in the hole and the performance would super-improve.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) ... (14204) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.