Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,424 members, 7,830,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8773904 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
SailorXY:

gaddamit... guys badt gaan, no respect cheesy

No Time

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2015
In my opinion, if we were to seek balance in midfield without playing Rooney there, I think Valencia would do on the right side of the diamond. Valencia would offer defensive work, cover well for the right back defender as well as carry the ball forward between the lines. Valencia shortcoming in contrast to Rooney, is his inability to contest for aerial balls in the middle of the park and make clearances from crosses into our box. Judging from the Cambridge match, Rooney is likely to get far more crosses into the opposition box.

Di Maria should be made to play on the left side of the diamond with Young as his deputy. Di Maria was the reason our diamond was so dangerous early in the season. If we have Valencia at the opposite side, we will most likely have adequate protection in the midfield, and Rooney would usually drop deep from the hole if he played there. So there should be less for Di Maria to battle in midfield. Januzaj has had enough playing time this season. Now we are into the run in where even relegation haunted teams can spring surprises.

DDG
McNair/Jones/Rafael-- Jones/Smalling----Rojo--Shaw
--------------------Blind/Carrick
--Val/Fellaini------------------Di Maria/Young/Januzaj
--------------------Rooney/Mata
---------RVP------------------------Rooney/Falcao

If Rooney is to play an advanced role in the midfield, he should be on the side Di Maria appears on the above formation. With Valencia or Fellaini providing coverage in midfield, Rooney will have license to go into the opposition box as he did previously when he paired Fellaini. Although one can not forget that Fellaini too can be a burden with his sluggish game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
^
for me, if LvG is using the diamond, Januzaj has no place unless as a no. 10. I think the 4-1-4-1 will serve us better for away fixtures, while we can use the 4-4-2 diamond or 4-3-3 @ home.

in the long run however, I'll like to see LvG settle on the 4-3-3 formation cuz it will guarantee good width as long we he sign another combatant in midfield.

Carrick, Evans, Falcao & Valencia/Young can go @ the end of this season. Wilson can also go on loan for a year.

We can try to get Reus, Pogba & a CB with Nani & Henriquez/Hernandez recalled.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2015

Jonny Evans

There are more than a few Manchester United players who seem uncomfortable under Louis van Gaal this season, but none more so than Jonny Evans. Once United's Mr Polyfilla, filling in when and where required, Evans has transformed into a calamity defender.

All season the Northern Irishman's defending has looked uneasy. Whilst Paddy McNair and Tyler Blackett have at least embraced their surprise inclusion in the first team, Evans seems cautious and nervous as if he was also making his first forays onto such a stage. Evans is now 27.

His performance against Burnley on Wednesday was the nadir. Evans was outclassed by Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and Michael Kightly. He lost possession 16 times, typically through hitting the ball long during the first half, and was at the heart of the panic in United's own area. It was painful to watch - those 'Good Evans' headlines can be resigned to be bin.

Evans has three months to save his Old Trafford career, given the likelihood of expensive summer recruits into United's defence. On this evidence, he might as well start looking for houses in Sunderland. As Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Frazier Campbell, Kieran Richardson and Phil Bardsley can testify, that's the well-trodden step down the ladder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
SailorXY:
^
for me, if LvG is using the diamond, Januzaj has no place unless as a no. 10. I think the 4-1-4-1 will serve us better for away fixtures, while we can use the 4-4-2 diamond or 4-3-3 @ home.

in the long run however, I'll like to see LvG settle on the 4-3-3 formation cuz it will guarantee good width as long we he sign another combatant in midfield.

Carrick, Evans, Falcao & Valencia/Young can go @ the end of this season. Wilson can also go on loan for a year.

We can try to get Reus, Pogba & a CB with Nani & Henriquez/Hernandez recalled.

You do know that from all you wrote there the only thing likely to happen is Falcao not staying permanetly?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
MrTA:

You do know that from all you wrote there the only thing likely to happen is Falcao not staying permanetly?
likely
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
As bad as we are playing right now,we certainly should be able to get past Preston Northend without a replay at Old Trafford?
Fingers crossed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrcapability7: 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
elampiro:
In my opinion, if we were to seek balance in midfield without playing Rooney there, I think Valencia would do on the right side of the diamond. Valencia would offer defensive work, cover well for the right back defender as well as carry the ball forward between the lines. Valencia shortcoming in contrast to Rooney, is his inability to contest for aerial balls in the middle of the park and make clearances from crosses into our box. Judging from the Cambridge match, Rooney is likely to get far more crosses into the opposition box.

Di Maria should be made to play on the left side of the diamond with Young as his deputy. Di Maria was the reason our diamond was so dangerous early in the season. If we have Valencia at the opposite side, we will most likely have adequate protection in the midfield, and Rooney would usually drop deep from the hole if he played there. So there should be less for Di Maria to battle in midfield. Januzaj has had enough playing time this season. Now we are into the run in where even relegation haunted teams can spring surprises.

DDG
McNair/Jones/Rafael-- Jones/Smalling----Rojo--Shaw
--------------------Blind/Carrick
--Val/Fellaini------------------Di Maria/Young/Januzaj
--------------------Rooney/Mata
---------RVP------------------------Rooney/Falcao

If Rooney is to play an advanced role in the midfield, he should be on the side Di Maria appears on the above formation. With Valencia or Fellaini providing coverage in midfield, Rooney will have license to go into the opposition box as he did previously when he paired Fellaini. Although one can not forget that Fellaini too can be a burden with his sluggish game.

i love this calibre but Van gaal won't gree.. But in my own debate i disagreed with you,according a player natural abilities and position and the situation behind lack of puncher in the back of the net i think rooney should play forward rather the deep role..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
MrTA:

mrTA, are you the same mrTA on FIFA15?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
Man Utd XI vs. Preston: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw; Blind, Herrera, Rooney; Fellaini; Di Maria, Falcao

subs: Valdes, Evans, McNair, Januzaj, Mata, Young, Wilson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
tess1:
Man Utd XI vs. Preston: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw; Blind, Herrera, Rooney; Fellaini; Di Maria, Falcao

good line up - will this be a diamond or 4-3-2-1?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2015
tess1:

the quality of this line-up depends on where rooney starts. if he's further upfield in the attack then it's a brilliant line-up. if he's going to play next to blind then one should expect another laboured performance from us.

can't van gaal rest rooney?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

the quality of this line-up depends on where rooney starts. if he's further upfield in the attack then it's a brilliant line-up. if he's going to play next to blind then one should expect another laboured performance from us.

No.

El Kapitaine must play
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

good question. it looks like di Maria is about to resume his no. 9 duties tho cheesy cheesy cheesy smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

We should be able to defeat Preston,no matter who plays where.
We are United for Godssakes and we are playing League one opponents here.
If we lose this one,then the wheels could start to come off a bit.
Got my fingers crossed and I am expecting a victory.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:21pm On Feb 16, 2015
SailorXY:

good question. it looks like di Maria is about to resume his no. 9 duties tho cheesy cheesy cheesy smh

i doubt it.....

i think the line up would be.....

----------------DDG---------------
-valencia--smalling--rojo--shaw-
------------daley blind------------
-------fellaini-----di maria--------
-------------herrera---------------
--------rooney-----falcao---------

you can swap herrera for fellaini or di maria for herrera. however, that should be strategy to get the best output from the team.

Leyqute:

No. El Kapitaine must play

mata, januzaj should be using this kinda games to get game time.

Caveatemptor:

We should be able to defeat Preston,no matter who plays where.
We are United for Godssakes and we are playing League one opponents here.
If we lose this one,then the wheels could start to come off a bit.
Got my fingers crossed and I am expecting a victory.

this is a cup tie.....
away from home in a very hostile ground. it's a potential banana skin. i fear games like this much more than facing chelsea or PSG. where was bradford when they killed chelsea? are bradford a premier league side?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
While I am not impressed with Van Gaals mad scientist coaching. We have to be beating teams like Preston,no matter what eleven don the jersey.
I am 100% confident we have to be drubbing teams like Preston and I know Van Gaal knows this too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

i doubt it.....

i think the line up would be.....

----------------DDG---------------
-valencia--smalling--rojo--shaw-
------------daley blind------------
-------fellaini-----di maria--------
-------------herrera---------------
--------rooney-----falcao---------

you can swap herrera for fellaini or di maria for fellaini. however, that should be strategy to get the best output from the team.

mata, januzaj should be using this kinda games to get game time.

this is a cup tie.....
away from home in a very hostile ground. it's a potential banana skin. i fear games like this much more than facing chelsea or PSG. where was bradford when they killed chelsea? are bradford a premier league side?

If that's how they're going to play, it'll be very interesting to see how they all perform because this is no playing out of position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
United: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Rooney, Fellaini, Di Maria, Falcao.

Subs: Valdes, Evans,
McNair, Young, Januzaj, Mata,
Wilson.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
tess1:

If that's how they're going to play, it'll be very interesting to see how they all perform because this is no playing out of position.

it's rooney up top & di maria on the left side of the midfield. herrera starts in the hole. it's the perfect line-up.

rooney gets a big chance to take shots on target in 2015. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
With Van Persie injured,this is Falcaos chance to shine and prove he deserves all the money he is being paid.
I reiterate that these are ties United should be winning comfortably,but becauseof Van Gaals mad scientist tinkering,we are all scared and unsure of what will happen.
I repeat these bread and butter games are what we should be winning comfortably and easily. So why are we scared and worried. We are better than Preston 99.9% of the time. I am expecting a clear victory here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:35pm On Feb 16, 2015
it's rooney up top.
time to dance shoki. grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 8:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
Fa cup draws: abeg if they're giving us Bradford, let it not be in that their useless pitch!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Manutd vs Arsenal

Hahahahahahahha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Preston/Man Utd vs Arsenal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
liverpool vs blackburn
bradford vs reading
preston/man utd vs arsenal
aston villa vs west brom.

we should beat arsenal at OT!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:
liverpool vs blackburn
bradford vs reading
preston/man utd vs arsenal
aston villa vs west brom.

we should beat arsenal at OT!

Lets get past Preston first.
One game at a time oooo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Caveatemptor:

Lets get past Preston first.
One game at a time oooo.

this game is scary.....
preston have scored 29 goals this season fr set plays. smalling better be on his A-game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

mrTA, are you the same mrTA on FIFA15?

Unfortunately not. I'm the Olodo Tinho7 on FIfa lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

this game is scary.....
preston have scored 29 goals this season fr set plays. smalling better be on his A-game.

That explains the presence of Davies of former Bolton in their team. Dude is a legend in aerial battles.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

That explains the presence of Davies of former Bolton in their team. Dude is a legend in aerial battles.

i can't stand kevin davies.....
dude is a bully. he has won every header in his career fouling his marker.

MrTA:

Unfortunately not. I'm the Olodo Tinho7 on FIfa lipsrsealed

ok....
i will add you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Captain fantastic sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, reccy(m), eph12(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.