Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8758773 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
chrisley024:
Either you're trolling or you've not been watching EPL games this season.

If all the penalties Young and Januzaj won at the start of the season were awarded, we should have been at least 7 point better by Christmas, and that should have propelled us to contest for the title.

Other teams have gotten dozens of awoof penalties before we eventually got our only league penalty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
pazienza:

A Newcastle goal from penalty in that first half would have changed the course of that game, and with a yellow card and in bad book of the refree, smalling effectiveness would have been reduced to avoid a second yellow and red card.

they could have still lost with an early goal. besides, the urgency to score would have dawned on united way earlier than it did & that could have gotten rooney a hatrick tonight.........rooney is a better player when angry.

That Penalty was the turning point of that match, only Man United can get away with such decisions in England, and it speaks volumes, as the refree was right at the scene of the crime.

penalty incident that happened in the first 5 mins of the game was the turning point? grin cheesy grin you should go back to bed, abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
elampiro:
As for me, Rooney stretched the defence well enough today. Apart from not slotting into the net, he did every other thing excellently well. One of his offside call could have been onside some other days. That happened because he was stretching the defence. Also, I saw him calling for the ball while alone with the centre vack but Fellaini and co prefered other options. That's football, players make decisions within split seconds. Overall, Rooney made genuine bite on the defence while holding and creating with the ball. His 90% pass accuracy, his on and off the ball movements and dribblings were commendable.

As for Valenvia, another good performance. Again he come top of our pass accuracy despite being one of our highest passers. He could have had a good assist if Fellaini knew how to head with power like Drogba does. He also doesn't always go to his right anymore. He did his job as a left back and as an 'overlapping defender'.

Evans seems to have finally find his feet. He was our best defender today.

I just wish we finish top 4. May God help us achieve it. Amen.
Yeah! Unfortunate no one here saw that today. Not cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
elampiro:

No, Rojo was LB while Evans was the LCB.

Shaw should be our LB. Rojo lacks pace.
How many did we play at the back today?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
chrisley024:
Well, I don't think it was a coincidence our biggest wins were with Carrick
this is not the time to rely on omens or prophesies. any Kern observer knows Carrick's days are gone. we won't get far depending on teams to make a wrong pass before we regain possession. with Blind/Herrera we chase the ball & are confrontational in tackles. besides, a Carrick @ 32 will not pop up to score a point-saving goal for you any time soon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
chrisley024:
Either you're trolling or you've not been watching EPL games this season.

I have been. That penalty was too blatant, the referee ignoring it was all too reminiscent of Man U glorly days, when the purple nose got so many bizarre referee decisions going for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
coogar:

they could have still lost with an early goal. besides, the urgency to score would have dawned on united way earlier than it did & that could have gotten rooney a hatrick tonight.........rooney is a better player when angry.

penalty incident that happened in the first 5 mins of the game was the turning point? grin cheesy grin you should go back to bed, abeg.

The urgency to score by Man u, would have left your already poor backline more vulnerable, and Cisse would get more counter attack chances to compound your woes. You see, it goes both ways.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
SailorXY:

I think we should retain our width & give Mata his place behind a CF. its a shame di Maria has chosen this crucial period to be off form, otherwise I think the current system is good enough.

young on the left, valencia on the right.
let's put rafael back as the RB & if he's not fit, pawa jones can have that place until further notice.

Januzaj should get a start in di Maria's place for now, while di Maria can make sub appearances & ease himself in again going against tired opposition full backs.

januzaj isn't a united player.
he adds nothing to our attack. i hate players who need 15 touches on the ball before making a decision. he needs to go on loan for 2 seasons. he was part of our problem tonight. i don't rate him at all.

our conversion rate is appalling & its only the restlessness exhibited by the faithfuls when we play @ home that really keep the players on their toes!

we had 30 attempts against sunderland & we scored just 2 goals. it's so disgraceful that with the calibre of forwards in the squad, we cannot convert simple chances.

this is only our fifth or so win away this season *covers face*

only 5 away wins got us the title in 10/11 season. if we are beating teams at old trafford, the away form is irrelevant. don't cover your face. our away form in 10/11 season was worse. grin

pazienza:

The urgency to score by Man u, would have left your already poor backline more vulnerable, and Cisse would get more counter attack chances to compound your woes. You see, it goes both ways.

i can give your the email address of the FA to register your annoyance about the penalty incident. what's the guarantee that newcastle would have scored from it with de gea's form? cisse had a better chance to score in the game & he couldn't even hit the target.

stop crying more than the bereaved. translation: get a life!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
pazienza:

I have been. That penalty was too blatant, the referee ignoring it was all too reminiscent of Man U glorly days, when the purple nose got so many bizarre referee decisions going for him.
Haha. Why not take your anger to the old man wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
pazienza:

Oga go sleep! referee no dey this thread
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:07am On Mar 05, 2015
elampiro:

No, Rojo was LB while Evans was the LCB.

Shaw should be our LB. Rojo lacks pace.

Under normal circumstances, Rojo should at best, serve as backup to shaw. I have never rated him as a quality defender (the fact that he starts for us at CB only shows how terribly short we are in that department).

I just hope LVG Settles this defence issue once and for all during the summer transfer window.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:08am On Mar 05, 2015
i just realised evans would be banned for the spitting incident. he had his best game in years but i trust the FA to ban him & cisse. so we are back to smalling & rojo in the heart of the defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:17am On Mar 05, 2015
Dadehmola:

Under normal circumstances, Rojo should at best, serve as backup to shaw. I have never rated him as a quality defender (the fact that he starts for us at CB only shows how terribly short we are in that department).

I just hope LVG Settles this defence issue one and for all during the summer transfer window.
Rojo is good enough as a CB
I think we overdrive this our defence issue. the personnel are not as bad as people paint. the consistency of a settled back four combo is the real issue. don't downplay it

yes we could do with some leadership qualities right now, but that's all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 6:21am On Mar 05, 2015
pazienza:

only ignorant people, usually bus conductors, employ this sort of reasoning. Get out of this thread! Return to your shelter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:56am On Mar 05, 2015
pazienza:

Ode oponu ni bobo yii sha. What the fvck z your problem? Why not award the penalty yourself. Its the referee's decision and he didn't. If e dey pain you goand hug transformer. Nincompoop
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Di Maria may not be near his best at the moment, but I think he is improving.

He raises the tempo of our game too. He has the ability to drift inward and attack through the middle than anyone else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:31am On Mar 05, 2015
elampiro:

He raises the tempo of our game too. He has the ability to drift inward and attack through the middle than anyone else.

Elampiro!! Di Maria is improving?

With what januzaj and Di Maria are playing, it just makes me miss Nani even in his off day on the pitch because one way or the other Nani on a bad day will produce one or 2 magic that will get us a goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:44am On Mar 05, 2015
grin

Happy 78th birthday to OBJ.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:13am On Mar 05, 2015
May God bless Ashley Ikechukwu Nwosu Young and his career ...he has been our best player this season n to think we were clamoring for his sale just months ago
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2015
parrotibaba:
May God bless Ashley Ikechukwu Nwosu Young and his career ...he has been our best player this season n to think we were clamoring for his sale just months ago
LMAO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2015
SailorXY:

LMAO

He's been beta than that Di Maria Guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2015
SailorXY:

Rojo is good enough as a CB
I think we overdrive this our defence issue. the personnel are not as bad as people paint. the consistency of a settled back four combo is the real issue. don't downplay it

yes we could do with some leadership qualities right now, but that's all

IMO, he isn't...

He is clumsy in the tackle and doesn't look too comfortable in that position. I'd even play Blind and maybe McNair at CB ahead of him. It's just a shame our defensive issues are so bad that Evans even starts for us at times.

With what I've seen so far from Rojo, I'm not sure he would merit a starting berth (in whatever position) when LVG sorts out that back four.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2015
elampiro:

Na this kind thing tire me pass for your matter..

Di Maria has started showing us the terrible inconsistencies that made him sit on the bench on various occassions at Madrid, simple and short!!

No need to start finding "goodies" in the shítstorm he's been serving us recently Abeg!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kaycee7(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2015
I don't tink dis team would survive UCL group stage as it is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:25am On Mar 05, 2015
I wonder if anyone still thinks dimaria is worth anything close to the rubbish sum we were made to pay for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:39am On Mar 05, 2015
Kaycee7:
I don't tink dis team would survive UCL group stage as it is.

Why are you guys so pessimistic? undecided

Even under that shyte a*s Moyes, We did well in Europe.... Even beta than in form Arsenal....

We maybe even be better in Europe than home sef

And I am pretty convinced that we goon come out god next season

We're improving... We dominated Newcastle yesterday [Same team Chelsea couldn't beat]

Our problem is our final third decisions

I hope LvG sort that out sooner... We're always clumsy and sort off clueless wen we get there.. Giving our opponent room to cover up very well

I think we'll bounce back eventually
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17am On Mar 05, 2015
Dadehmola:

Na this kind thing tire me pass for your matter..

Di Maria has started showing us the terrible inconsistencies that made him sit on the bench on various occassions at Madrid, simple and short!!

No need to start finding "goodies" in the shítstorm he's been serving us recently Abeg!!

Did you see how our game dropped yesterday when he left?

He is good. He is one of the best players in the world, he cannot lose his skills over night. It's just a first season struggle. He was like this in Madrid many years back until he got better and became one of the best in the world. If he played for Argentina today, he would still give a world class performance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:28am On Mar 05, 2015
I see exactly what Di Maria is trying to do in every of his moves, but it's not working perfectly well for now. He will improve, and yesterday was an improvement on his recent games.

He is used to playing fast and with fast team mates. May be he sometimes forgets not everyone has the speed and ability to take away their markers like Ronaldo, Bale, Marcelo and even Isco. The whole team will play better as a unit next season.

For the records, Di Maria still has the best key pass/per minute for us. 32.3 mins per key pass. Followed by Januzaj at 50.9m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:42am On Mar 05, 2015
PietroRico:
I wonder if anyone still thinks dimaria is worth anything close to the rubbish sum we were made to pay for him.

he's worth every penny of it!
we saw that at the start of the season when he was taking teams apart on his own. fabregas is the only player ahead of him on the assist charts.

the injury has taken its toll on him & the recent home invasion of his house by manchester yobs has killed his morale. he would be back, he just needs time!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:48am On Mar 05, 2015
I know Di Maria will bounce back shaaa

But we need his antiques most now that we fighting for Top4 finish

That's the more reason we paid high for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:19am On Mar 05, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
I know Di Maria will bounce back shaaa

But we need his antiques most now that we fighting for Top4 finish

That's the more reason we paid high for him

yes.....
it's easy to pick on him because of the money paid to get him but he has been worse as fabregas in recent times. fabregas had 9 assists in his first 9 games. he has 0 assists in his last 9 games.......you won't hear anything about his poor form cos chelsea keep winning & cesc isn't a £60m asset.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:23am On Mar 05, 2015
coogar:

he's worth every penny of it!
we saw that at the start of the season when he was taking teams apart on his own. fabregas is the only player ahead of him on the assist charts.

the injury has taken its toll on him & the recent home invasion of his house by manchester yobs has killed his morale. he would be back, he just needs time!
there's nothing he is doing now that's new.
There's no doubt in my mind that a time will comme where he will take everyone's breath away, but the issue then will(and has always been), how long it will go on for.

All these excuses are not too dissimilar from nani's

Di maria's inconsistency has been widely documented. No be today he start.
We basically paid 60m for a nani 1.2, Íf u think that's a fair price, good.

To me its not.

When u pay that high for anyone, the person is expected to come up with the goods 7 out of 10 times ( at least).

Not. 2 out of 9.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.