Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,573 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8757180 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
SailorXY:
saw this from a website

- - - - - - the Great Dane - - - - - -
Neville - Adams - Terry - Ashley Cole
- - Lampard - Vieira - Scholes - -
Ronaldo - - - Igwe - - - Ryan Giggs

Subs: Petr Cech, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra, Dennis Bergkamp, Alan Shearer, Steve Gerrard, Matt Le Tissier

is this the greatest premier league 11ever?

I think its close but not really cheesy

Take out Tony Adams and put Sol Campbell in there ... Infact i was tempted to include Ledley King, a much better defender than Terry in terms of adaptability and primary defensive duties.... One can only get the best out of JT if you are defending deep ( i have had to pick him because of the attacking threat )

Cantona and Keane misses out for me too... Vieira and Scholes are absolutely unplayable and irreplaceable

Straight battle between Makelele and Vieira but the latter is an obvious choice

Van Der Saar for Petr Cech!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:53am On Mar 07, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Take out Tony Adams and put Sol Campbell in there ... Infact i was tempted to include Ledley King, a much better defender than Terry in terms of adaptability and primary defensive duties.... One can only get the best out of JT if you are defending deep ( i have had to pick him because of the attacking threat )

Cantona and Keane misses out for me too... Vieira and Scholes are absolutely unplayable and irreplaceable

Straight battle between Makelele and Vieira but the latter is an obvious choice

Van Der Saar for Petr Cech!

Tony Adams over Sol Campbell unless you only watched Adams in the later part of his career when age,chronic back and alcohol issues had damaged him.

Keane over Makelele in the squad, he did it for much longer in the EPL.

Cantona over Le Tissier because he was King Eric and he was the catalyst for a dynasty. Le Tissier was a special talent though, just lacked motivation and work ethic.

P.S No way am i placing Gerrard and Lampard over Keane......there is only one Keano!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 6:00am On Mar 07, 2015
Martinez the magician that is better than moyes is taking everton to glory as some people claimed on this thread, LVG has turned United to a team not feared again by lowly teams, Di maria will end up as another flop, can't wait for LVG to leave cos united's pattern bore me to sleep
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 6:33am On Mar 07, 2015
BinghiNya:
Martinez the magician that is better than moyes is taking everton to glory as some people claimed on this thread, LVG has turned United to a team not feared again by lowly teams, Di maria will end up as another flop, can't wait for LVG to leave cos united's pattern bore me to sleep

#LVGOut already?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 9:55am On Mar 07, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

#LVGOut already?
his advocates won't agree, they will always find excuses for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:11am On Mar 07, 2015
BinghiNya:
his advocates won't agree, they will always find excuses for him

Binginya, get a life... no matter what, Moyes can't cm back to United... He had done enough to the squad already. Let's move on man!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:29am On Mar 07, 2015
adebayo201:

Binginya, get a life... no matter what, Moyes can't cm back to United... He had done enough to the squad already. Let's move on man!

are you minding the fool?
he prefers 7th position to top 4 position. failure is breakfast & lunch to nyabingo. he revels in it.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:55am On Mar 07, 2015
Pandemonium and mayhem in the scummies camp

There was a time on this forum when MUFC fans will boast about 1st place in the league and at least another one or two trophies outside that

Nowadays 4th place is fervently prayed for

Could MUFC be the new Arsenal of the last 10 years? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
13.5 percent conversion rate for a 'world class striker' .... ##AbsolutelyTerrible

Aerial duel won - less than 30 percent ... when winning the ball upfront is a crucial part of an attackers game

43.5million pounds and only four goals to show for it

I can't get my head round this .... Falcao is a flop and even if he scores for the rest of the season, which is extremely unlikely, it won't be enough redeem him.

I hope Coogar won't come and whip up some bloody assists crusade again

LVG will be raving mad to keep him beyond May.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
13.5 percent conversion rate for a 'world class striker' .... ##AbsolutelyTerrible

Aerial duel won - less than 30 percent ... when winning the ball upfront is a crucial part of an attackers game

I can't get my head round this .... Falcao is a flop and even if he scores for the rest of the season, which is extremely unlikely, it won't be enough redeem him.

giroud's conversion rate last season was 12%. suarez's conversion rate when RVP narrowly beat him to the golden boot in 12/13 was 12.3%. according to your logic, suarez wasn't world class that year........ you are a möron!

misery loves company....
you just want to insist falcao is a flop to make yourself feel cool after all the failure your club has immersed itself in the last 12 years.

it's always expected to see you constituting a nuisance whenever arsenal are doing well. by the time you get eviscerated on monday, you would disappear into thin air for 8 weeks - claiming you were out of town.

you are a disgrace!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
BinghiNya:

cheesy grin

Btw, where is starboard your closest padi for here ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
coogar:

misery loves company....
you just want to insist falcao is a flop to make yourself feel cool after all the failure your club has immersed itself in the last 12 years.

it's always expected to see you constituting a nuisance whenever arsenal are doing well. by the time you get eviscerated on monday, you would disappear into thin air for 8 weeks - claiming you were out of town.

you are a disgrace!

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
adebayo201:

no wonder nobody takes him seriously
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
BinghiNya:

Before I reply..

is this a form of Sarcasm?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

its highly unlikely LvG will keep him beyond this season. it can be possible depending on 1. if a lower fee is negotiated for him 2. van Persie's situation @ the end of the season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
SailorXY:

its highly unlikely LvG will keep him beyond this season. it can be possible depending on 1. if a lower fee is negotiated for him 2. van Persie's situation @ the end of the season

we should keep falcao......
LVG would be very silly to let him go. after his long-term injury, it was always going to take him a bit of time to get back to his form - and it's not like we are firing at the moment. how many of our players are playing to their normal standard? should we let rooney & RVP go to?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
SailorXY:

Hmmm. But do you want him to stay beyond?
Coogar himself knows Falcao hasn't set it off like Queen Latifah.....
RVP.... not sure, you need a new striker in the summer .... #ForSho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
coogar:

LVG would be very silly to let him go. after his long-term injury, it was always going to take him a bit of time to get back to his form - and it's not like we are firing at the moment. how many of our players are playing to their normal standard? should we let rooney & RVP go to?

The situation with Falcao in terms of how he came to MUFc makes it highly likely that he will be sent back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

The situation with Falcao in terms of how he came to MUFc makes it highly likely that he will be sent back

how do you know that?
you want to offer insight in whats going on at old trafford but you have failed to offer the same insight to your club's inability to win the league in 11 years. how convenient?

falcao hasn't done badly at all. suarez was poorer than him in 10/11 & 11/12. it took suarez about 18 months to justify his price at liverpool - maybe liverpool should have gotten rid of him too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
coogar:

how do you know that?
you want to offer insight in whats going on at old trafford but you have failed to offer the same insight to your club's inability to win the league in 11 years. how convenient?

falcao hasn't done badly at all. suarez was poorer than him in 10/11 & 11/12. it took suarez about 18 months to justify his price at liverpool - maybe liverpool should have gotten rid of him too.

Lol
dude I don't need to be a MUFC insider to know that a player whose price tag is staggering and has done little or nothing to justify a huge loan fee, will get offered terms to stay for longer
it is nothing new or a rocket science in the world of football
9 out of 10 times, flops on loan get shipped off to their parent club, faster than the speed of light

Falcao is nearly 30!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
coogar:

I'm one of people who want to see his form return like when he tore Chelshit a new page, but so far it doesn't look likely & considering he's not exactly a mid-20s man, I don't know how long we'll have to hope!

I think one between Falcao & van Persie will be settled for in the end while we grab a younger experienced striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Evans handed six match ban
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Lol
dude I don't need to be a MUFC insider to know that a player whose price tag is staggering and has done little or nothing to justify a huge loan fee, will get offered terms to stay for longer
it is nothing new or a rocket science in the world of football
9 out of 10 times, flops on loan get shipped off to their parent club, faster than the speed of light

give us 10 examples.....

Falcao is nearly 30!

how old were RVP & berbatov when they won golden boots for man utd? how old is cristiano as we speak?

SailorXY:

I'm one of people who want to see his form return like when he tore Chelshit a new page, but so far it doesn't look likely & considering he's not exactly a mid-20s man, I don't know how long we'll have to hope!

my point is - one disjointed season ridden with injury & poor form isn't enough to assess falcao. van gaal hasn't done enough to test him. even when falcao scores or does something positive in a game, he quickly gets subbed or sits on the bench in the next game.

I think one between Falcao & van Persie will be settled for in the end while we grab a younger experienced striker

RVP will use up his contract. i think he's said that already. there are few world class strikers around to get rid of falcao. who should we get then? giroud?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
parrotibaba:

It should have been for the remainder of the season....I hate it when the WHITEs be it LVG, Fergie or any foolish whittish-redish-albino believe they are superior to Blacks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
Nairalandinfo:

It should have been for the remainder of the season....I hate it when the WHITEs be it LVG, Fergie or any foolish whittish-redish-albino believe they are superior to Blacks
carry your stupid sensationalism out of here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
Nairalandinfo:

what is this one on about?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pelvicky(m): 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
We manutd fans in my environment chants and sing everyday that "FALCAO MUST GO" rvp should stay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
parrotibaba:

It's a pity. Our defenders are also running into problems that are keeping them out. No w we have to do with a new back four again. May be before Evans returns another defender will sustain injury and Evans may have lost his form. This season just went came to a close without us making a steady centre back pairing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
Gary Neville believes that a number of factors are to blame for Angel di Maria’s struggles at Manchester United this season.
Di Maria has only scored four goals in 21 appearances for Louis van Gaal’s side so far this season as he struggles to live up to his £60m price tag.
However, Neville says that the facts that Di Maria was forced out of Madrid last summer and has had to get used to working under a new manager mean that he cannot be blamed for his patchy form.
Neville wrote in his column for the Daily Telegraph: “Within days of signing for United, Di Maria released a letter to Real Madrid supporters insisting it was never his wish to leave the Bernabeu.
“Having grown up in and around Manchester as a United supporter, it is easy to regard the club as the biggest in the world, but we have to accept that, as a South American, playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona is probably the fantasy of every footballer from that part of the world and Di Maria has moved to England after being told he was not wanted at his dream club.
“So he has come to United when he did not want to leave Madrid, has suffered the trauma of a burglary, and started to work for a new manager while playing in a team that is still in a ‘storm’ phase of development.
“All of those are factors that would go some way to explaining why Di Maria has struggled after his bright start.”
[Source: Telegraph]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
Antonio Conte hinted that before accepting his current role with Italy, he was sought out by Manchester United.
The Coach's decision to leave Juventus last summer caused a stir, but the national team was not the only option available to the 45-year-old.
In an indirect reference to Manchester United's Louis van Gaal he said: “The English team that looked for me ended up signing the Coach of a national team, but my challenge with the national team is personal. Becoming a Coach where usually the job is just to select players, it is inspiring."
[Source: football-Italia.net]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Manchester United defender Paul Parker has backed Radamel Falcao and Angel di Maria’s ability and blamed Louis van Gaal for their recent form.
Writing in his column for Eurosport, Parker questioned the critics of Falcao and Di Maria by claiming four-time Ballon d’Or winner Lionel Messi would struggle to shine under the Dutch coach’s tactics.
“Di Maria has lost form, Falcao has lost form, everyone is trying to say Falcao hasn’t recovered from his knee injury. We don’t know if he has or not. He is being asked to operate like an old-fashioned centre forward and is trying to collect the ball most times on his Adam’s apple.
“Di Maria is the same. He is struggling to play in the system because it is all very rigid and unattractive under LVG.
“The slower the ball the moves, there is no space for Di Maria. There is no intensity to United’s game. If Lionel Messi was to play in that United team, he would struggle for the simple reason that by the time he gets the ball, three players would be on him and would knock him off the ball too.”
[Source: Eurosport]

(1) (2) (3) ... (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: reccy(m), TemporaryHansel, Lana1(m), adebayo201 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.