Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8739398 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) ... (14150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:21am On Apr 22, 2015
Like Mourinho doesnt also manage Fabregas. grin Stats say Young is shyte. Di Maria deserve a starting place before Mata and Young.

I have made my point. Na u kon know. That was my last argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:24am On Apr 22, 2015
Nothing like what you watch yourself. I brought this topic because people always think I dont know what I am saying when some players I rate high are put down based on stats. Not all players are stats friendly. like Hazard. But from the amount of work and contribution, you will know they are great. World class.

My point is. What I see in matches tells me Hazard is better than Silva. He is the best player in the EPL. But people use stats to put him down. Chances created don't support him. Assists don't support him. A similar thing happened when I used to be the only one speaking for Robben in 2013. Not all players are so direct to pack stats. This is happening to Ashley Young this season. Di Maria in the opposite. Young's presence in the team has been more beneficial to the team than Di Maria's. But Di Maria's stats portray him as being more productive than Young and Mata. This is how stat can be misleading in players comparison.

We had an argument earlier in the season where Silva and Fabregas were being promoted over Hazard by many here. These people were holding on to chances created and Assist stats. At the end, Mourinho came out to crown Hazard as not only the best in Chelsea but the best in the EPL. The shorlist of players for PFA player of the year is out and Hazard is there, the only guy in the list from last season. Fabregas and Silva are missing. For the third year, Professional footballers and whoscored put Hazard over Silva. Whoscored has rated Hazard as the best in EPL for about 7 months running now. Yet, I was made to look like I didnt know what I was saying when I argued about Hazard. They said Hazard just dribble aimlessly around the field. Even when I said Hazard plays in a defensive minded team and has a unique role, they wouldnt listen.Professional footballers have spoken again, and again, and again.

This is my last argument on this thread for a long time to come. Going forward, I will just state my opinion and leave.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:26am On Apr 22, 2015
elampiro:
Like Mourinho doesnt also manage Fabregas. grin Stats says Young is shyte. Di Maria deserve a starting place before Mata and Young.

I have made my point. Na u kon know. That was my last argument.

young understands the philosophy better than di maria. di maria copped us possession loss against liverpool & city when he came on.

it's not always the best players that make LVG's team. rafael is heads & shoulders better than valencia @RB but rafael takes too many risks.

someone like fergie would have rafael there but LVG is obsessed with possession & valencia guarantees that even though it means he would pass back while attacking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:53am On Apr 22, 2015
elampiro:
Nothing like what you watch yourself. I brought this topic because people always think I dont know what I am saying when some players I rate high are put down based on stats. Not all players are stats friendly. like Hazard. But from the amount of work and contribution, you will know they are great. World class.

you don't really know what you are saying..
if stats isn't favouring you as a forward player despite having awoof penalty kicks to pad up the stats then you are not really good as a player, you are overhyped.

did you watch tonight's game?
did you see how goetze, muller, etc tore porto apart? how many times do you see the media blowing bubbles in the arsës of those german players like they do overrated schmuks like hazard?

My point is. What I see in matches tells me Hazard is better than Silva. He is the best player in the EPL. But people use stats & to put him down. Chances created don't support him. Assists don't support him.

there's never been a season hazard has been better than silva including the current one. silva scores more & creates more! hazard just runs & runs - he is a highlight player. pretending to do something while he does nothing productive.

yet, you have players like silva who pulls the strings & just makes everyone else better on the pitch. nobody would really notice what muller does on the pitch too cos he's not fanciful but he is absolutely world class.

A similar thing happened when I used to be the only one speaking for Robben in 2013. Not all players are so direct to pack stats. This is happening to Ashley Young this season. Di Maria in the opposite.

if you are a forward player.....you don't score enough goals, you don't assist enough, you don't create enough. so what the fück are you doing in the team?

Young's presence in the team has been more beneficial to the team than Di Maria's. But Di Maria's stats portray him as being more productive than Young and Mata. This is how stat can be misleading in players comparison.

young & mata understand the need to keep the ball. it's not every time a player is in possession of the ball that he has to take unnecessary risks and put his team in danger.

di maria was the reason liverpool got their mojo back at anfield. he was too eager to impress when all he had to do was sit back, let liverpool make mistakes and then counter.

We had an argument earlier in the season where Silva and Fabregas were being promoted over Hazard by many here. These people were holding on to chances created and Assist stats.

so if hazard isn't better than cesc & silva in creative stats, what makes him better then? number of dribbles? grin ronaldo isn't better than rooney then according to your logic cos stats shouldn't matter. grin

At the end, Mourinho came out to crown Hazard as not only the best in Chelsea but the best in the EPL. The shorlist of players for PFA player of the year is out and Hazard is there, the only guy in the list from last season. Fabregas and Silva are missing.

hazard is a poster boy.....
he's loved by the media - he's the face of chelsea just like lampard & gerrard used to be on this island way back.

what mourinho says is irrelevant.
without fabregas, chelsea would be 3rd on the table. it is when he arrived that the chelsea team finally gelled & looked like champions. hazard wasn't even the best player @ chelsea when mata was there. grin

For the third year, Professional footballers and whoscored put Hazard over Silva. Whoscored has rated Hazard as the best in EPL for about 7 months running now.

whoscored also rated jones as one of the best ers @ man utd. grin he's not even the best defender in the club. whoscored is a shyte site when it comes to accurate stats.

Yet, I was made to look like I didnt know what I was saying when I argued about Hazard. They said Hazard just dribble aimlessly around the field. Professional footballers have spoken again, and again, and again.

it's a popularity contest....
professional players voted giggs in 2009 when it was clear vidic was the best defender in europe.

This is my last argument on this thread for a long time to come. Going forward, I will just state my opinion and leave.

you don't actually have an argument!
your opinion is coloured with bias. hazard is a baby compared to the spaniards(cesc & silva). the stats don't lie. cesc's contribution is the reason chelsea would be champions this season.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2334610_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

the image above says it all.
all hail king cesc! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:40am On Apr 22, 2015
Interview with Owen Hargreaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUMsRwCDtI
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2015
elampiro:

What is it used for?
grin this almost killed me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 22, 2015
Guardiola suffers wardrobe malfunction

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2015
PietroRico:
grin this almost killed me

grin Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 22, 2015
We should easily win the rest of our games this season tho. Crystal Palace(A) and Arsenal(H) are the only real threats. But we should still easily win them

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2015
"Obviously [...] Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are very spectacular, but I like Eden Hazard. Everything he does on the field like it. I like his behavior, his decisive side and the fact [that he makes] progress every year. [He] still has a good margin of progression, and [he's the biggest reason] Chelsea are leading the championship."

-Zinedine Zidane
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/4/22/8464547/zidane-messi-cristiano-ronaldo-hazard-hands-off-buddy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:59am On Apr 22, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
We should easily win the rest of our games this season tho. Crystal Palace(A) and Arsenal(H) are the only real threats. But we should still easily win them

Let's beat Everton first. It's now the most important match. If we don't win, then nervousness will set in again and the confidence of the team will be affected. So let's go and win at Everton this weekend, every thing else will follow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
angry My problem now is our goalie

David De Gea...

I think he may leave us... And i don't want that Valdez of a ghuy come close to our goal post

I'm not sure they're actually young proven Goalies like De Gea now cry
who said de Gea is leaving?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
SailorXY:

who said de Gea is leaving?

Mark Ogden from Telegraph

And other stain rumours
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
so Mourinho crowns Hazard as best Chelsea & EPL player, then so shall it be swallowed cuz Mr. Almighty threw up again?
look @ what young talents did against PSG only last night - football-made-easy sense mired in aplomb & panache, nobody cares over-emphasizing shiit cuz the football world know its just what it is.

C. Ronaldo has a fine face, but that didn't make him the best player in the world - there's the corresponding performance. All you Mourinho worshipers SMH.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

Mark Ogden from Telegraph

And other stain rumours
shebi you say na rumor? Valdez cannot be No. 1 here na lol who dash monkey banana

if he leaves, we can buy Lloris - adequate & good reflexes too cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
News of De Gea leaving is all lies and rumours. Hopefully he pens a new deal at season's end. But if he does leave us, then we can look at Lloris, Ochoa or maybe Cech
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
Afternoon scummies... I am back

What is the latest on De Gea?

Looks like the lad is leaving trophyless MUFC in the summer grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Afternoon scummies... I am back

What is the latest on De Gea?

Looks like the lad is leaving trophyless MUFC in the summer grin
how will this improve chances of winning the UCL on your next try? smiley

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
SailorXY:
so Mourinho crowns Hazard as best Chelsea & EPL player, then so shall it be swallowed cuz Mr. Almighty threw up again?
look @ what young talents did against PSG only last night - football-made-easy sense mired in aplomb & panache, nobody cares over-emphasizing shiit cuz the football world know its just what it is.

C. Ronaldo has a fine face, but that didn't make him the best player in the world - there's the corresponding performance. All you Mourinho worshipers SMH.
Who should be the player of the year in your opinion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
SailorXY:

how will this improve chances of winning the UCL on your next try? smiley

Be scared. Be very very scared. You still have to play us this season and we will spit roast you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Be scared. Be very very scared. You still have to play us this season and we will spit roast you!

you mean our next meeting is the UCL final? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
SIRcumalot:

let's consider player of the year should come from the championship team (which is not always the case by the way), on what basis is Hazard the best player in Chelshit this year?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
SailorXY:

shebi you say na rumor? Valdez cannot be No. 1 here na lol who dash monkey banana

if he leaves, we can buy Lloris - adequate & good reflexes too cool

Lloris is ghuud... Am sure he'll love to come Utd

AdeLaNa1:
News of De Gea leaving is all lies and rumours. Hopefully he pens a new deal at season's end. But if he does leave us, then we can look at Lloris, Ochoa or maybe Cech

I pray he doesn't... Cos that's our next Schmeichel and Van Der Sar
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
SailorXY:
let's consider player of the year should come from the championship team (which is not always the case by the way), on what basis is Hazard the best player in Chelshit this year?
I think you should answer the question I asked before you fire me ya own.
This way looks like you are avoiding a direct question

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I think you should answer the question I asked before you fire me ya own.
if Hazard can't beat his chest about being the best in his team, why the projections about best player in the EPL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
SIRcumalot:

harry kane!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
Harry Kane,the 21 year old, is the only option. You hazard fanboys forget this boy has won over 20 points on his own.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hahahahahaha..make una free hazard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
coogar:

harry kane!
If any player of the year winners ever came from a team that didn't finish among the Top five teams then he should win it, he has been more important to the spurs than Hazard is to Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
SIRcumalot:

If any player of the year winners ever came from a team that didn't finish among the Top five teams then he should win it, he has been more important to the spurs than Hazard is to Chelsea.

spurs finished below the 4th position when bale won it. he's been the breakout star of the season.

i can also make a very sound argument for de gea. without him, we would be in 12th position.

only de gea would win MOTM even when his team won 3-0 on the day. goalies get ignored a lot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
coogar:
harry kane!
who, in your opinion, are the realistic acquisitions for LvG this summer with hid £150m?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
SailorXY:
who, in your opinion, are the realistic acquisitions for LvG this summer with hid £150m?

hummels
gundogan
lacazette

(1) (2) (3) ... (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) ... (14150) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII, afrodoc2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.