Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8791531 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:17am On Apr 20, 2015
elampiro:

You keep failing yourself. The Suarez and Akinfenwa example above is highly flawed. Strength is already incorporated into your physicality stat. You yourself has said this earlier. grin

you are a proper olodo.
unless you know how much weight given to strength in the algorithm used to calculate physical, you cannot just conclude that strength is already incorporated in physical stat. look at the numbers again & see how akinfenwa beasted everyone else.

Secondly, if CR7 has higher mark than Robben, then I have seen one player who has power than Robben. This is the genuine measurement. There is no any yeye algorithm. The only algorithm is the one off physical stat you presented that puts Suarez above Akinfenma. grin

the truth is coming out......
after telling us in the last 3 days that robben is the most powerful player in the world, you have now surrendered that ronaldo is more powerful?

if we go with your formula of adding all the attributes under physical together, then it's not only ronaldo that is more powerful than robben. messi & tevez are also more powerful. your formula also says di maria is more pawaful than phil jones.

your formula also says kagawa is powerful than phil jones & tony valencia. grin cheesy even a goat must know your formula does not in any way prove who is more powerful. anyways, i am sure you get the point now that strength & stamina are the most important factors in determining who is more powerful, not balance as you first claimed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2015
elampiro:

1. There is no doubt that Di Maria is very productive, he has lost his place to less productive Young and Mata. But when you look at the overall picture, you will conclude that stats can be misleading.

Key pass per minute: Di Maria 32 mins, Janujaz 48 mins, Mata 50 mins, Young 66 mins.
Assist per minutes: Di Maria 156, Mata 475, Young 549
Goals per minute: Mata 237, Di Maria 522, Young 824.

Looking at the stats, tell me why Young or Mata should bench Di Maria for any reason? But we know better from what we see in matches.

2. Falcao's unsuccessful touch and dispossession is worse in the EPL than his former average from other league. The writer produced the stats per game. The fact that Falcao doesn't play 90 mins makes his dispossession more alarming. His unsuccessful touch is every 29 mins while his dispossession is every 30.5 mins. This is his stats when projected over a game of 90 mins, that is, if he were to play 90 mins regularly.

Unsuccessful touch: 3 per game.
Dispossession: 2.9 per game.

3. Do you think Falcao has the speed of Hernadez to outpace EPL defenders while staying on the shoulder of the CBs? Even Hernadez find it hard to do in his last two seasons before he went on loan.

4. I am sure Di Maria will be great for us once he adjust his game. I heard too they are working with him in the gym to toughen him up a little. It's just a matter of adjusting to the EPL style. He has to work on his ball retention. When he came on for Mata against City, the very forst ball he got that was totally his control, he passed it backward trying to find our defender, but it was intercepted by a City player.

I am not one of those who think Falcao is finished. But he will have to rebuild his scoring confidence over several games. With four strikers in the team, the coach and fans wouldn't have that patience. Chelsea can afford to play Drogba because there is no much competition in that department. Sometimes, as a striker, if you are not scoring, you should have something else to compensate that deficiency. At the moment Falcao has nothing to compensate us with. When I saw Falcao beastly against Cheslea, I thought he was such a beast like Tevez with some skills of Maradona. May be I have not really followed him in the past.

When a player like Tevez doesnt score, he puts the defence under pressure. He keeps the ball for others to run into space. When a player like Kanu doesnt score, his overall play and technique compensate. May be we should wait for next season if he will be here. His confidence at the moment is down. May be over competition in that position is also a problem. This was part of Nani's problem when competition became stiff with arrival of Valencia and Young. And Nani couldnt express himself freely.
Yeah I got your point. The point is that the writer is actually blaming(or maybe asking why) our scouts and the coaching crew for getting such players when they know their style of play which can't fit into the club's recent style of play/philosophy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
coogar:

you are a proper olodo.
unless you know how much weight given to strength in the algorithm used to calculate physical, you cannot just conclude that strength is already incorporated in physical stat. look at the numbers again & see how akinfenwa beasted everyone else.

the truth is coming out......
after telling us in the last 3 days that robben is the most powerful player in the world, you have now surrendered that ronaldo is more powerful?

if we go with your formula of adding all the attributes under physical together, then it's not only ronaldo that is more powerful than robben. messi & tevez are also more powerful. your formula also says di maria is more pawaful than phil jones.

your formula also says kagawa is powerful than phil jones & tony valencia. grin cheesy even a goat must know your formula does not in any way prove who is more powerful. anyways, i am sure you get the point now that strength & stamina are the most important factors in determining who is more powerful, not balance as you first claimed.

1. See the pictures below, you said the first man, marathon runner has power. The second men, a sprinters have no power. Yet you said physically built people have power while small people don't have power. What a contradiction? Ukwu!!!

Marathon runner have the highest stamina in the world. Yet they are small. For the fact that Messi, Ronaldo, etc have high speed, stamina to match with other physical attributes, means they are powerful. Physical attributes are different from skillful attributes. Sprinting, jumping, acceleration, stamina, strength, agility, etc are all physical attributes. Even walking is a physical attribute. You see fat men walking lazily.

Ball control, Dribbling, heading, shooting, chesting, curving, crossing, finishing, marking,volley etc are all skillful attributes.

Mental attributes are interceptions, positioning, vision.

2. In the Kagawa vs Valencia rating, and Di maria vs Phil Jones, you have to know that these stuff are being monitored by computers based on the players performance on the field. How do you expect Valencia and Phil Jones who play in the defence for club and country to play at top speed, top acceleration, to boost their ratings? Compare forwards with forwards and defenders with defenders. Kagawa even plays in Asia competitions where physical batter is less. He is mostly unlikely to get bullied off the ball there.

Aples and Oranges. Compare defenders with defenders and forwards with forwards.

Coogar, you don't know football.

3. I forgot to respond to this aspect. ... If FIFA has a stat tilted PHYSICALITY, it means there is already algorithm of several items incorporated into it. When you asked who is the best maths student, the student with the highest score gets it. Not the one with a score in a particular section of the exam. All sections amount to the total marked over 100.

Lest I forget, I saw a part of the stat titled beast. Guess waht, Akinfenwa is crawling in that item. grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
When you see slim men (lekpas), carrying blocks, raising cement bags and digging hard ground with ease, from 7am to 5pm, and for a living, you will know power is not about bulkiness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
elampiro:

1. See the pictures below, you said the first man, marathon runner has power. The second men, a sprinters have no power. Yet you said physically built people have power while small people don't have power. What a contradiction? Ukwu!!!

where did i have this discussion of marathon runners with you? instead of you to address the points i laid down, you are busy running helter skelter imagining things you managed to scoop out of your wet dreams.

Marathon runner have the highest stamina in the world. Yet they are small. For the fact that Messi, Ronaldo, etc have high speed, stamina to match with other physical attributes, means they are powerful.

which power?
did you not lie to us here robben has the most power? i have given you 3 different players more powerful than robben using your retardêd formula. the formula also proves di maria is more powerful than rooney. grin

it's high time you accept you have no clue on what makes a player powerful. your mgbeke formula or all the lies you have told previously have been destroyed. first off, you said it was balance only. after that, you then you went on & said one must add all the attributes under physical to determine power.

you keep running from pillar to post.

Physical attributes are different from skillful attributes. Sprinting, jumping, acceleration, stamina, strength, agility, etc are all physical attributes. Even walking is a physical attribute. You see fat men walking lazily.

you have no clue!

Ball control, Dribbling, heading, shooting, chesting, curving, crossing, finishing, marking,volley etc are all skillful attributes.

yet more irrelevant points....

Mental attributes are interceptions, positioning, vision.

so why then is reaction under physical attributes? is reaction not a mental attribute? reaction time is how quickly an athlete reacts to danger or a pass to intercept or to position himself. how is reaction a physical attribute? grin

2. In the Kagawa vs Valencia rating, and Di maria vs Phil Jones, you have to know that these stuff are being monitored by computers based on the players performance on the field. How do you expect Valencia and Phil Jones who play in the defence for club and country to play at top speed, top acceleration, to boost their ratings?

valencia play in the defence for country? grin
when someone gets caught out, they begin to spew nonsense from their arsë. it was from this same position valencia became the fastest player in man utd.

what has position gotta do with it?
in which position in a team is a player not allowed to run or show physical attributes. kagawa is more powerful than jones according to your logic. that ends this argument without a doubt - you are clueless with stats.

Compare forwards with forwards and defenders with defenders. Kagawa even plays in Asia competitions where physical batter is less. He is mostly unlikely to get bullied off the ball there.

comparing forwards?
di maria is more powerful than rooney.....

Apples and Oranges. Compare defenders with defenders and forwards with forwards.
Coogar, you don't know football.

di maria is more powerful than rooney. tongue
azpilicueta is more powerful than jones
koscielny is more powerful than john terry

according to your logic......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Afternoon scummies....
As the season nears the finish line, how are we feeling about getting back into the big boys league?
And how does it feel to be trophyless for another season? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Afternoon scummies....
As the season nears the finish line, how are we feeling about getting back into the big boys league?
And how does it feel to be trophyless for a consecutive season? cheesy
Can't believe you went through this for a decade. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
chrisley024:
Can't believe you went through this for a decade. cheesy

You have not answered my question dude....

How do you feel about going trophyless YET again?

How does it feel to be in the top four with 6 games to go?

SMh!

We will meet soon... A tonking awaits ya!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

You have not answered my question dude....

How do you feel about going trophyless YET again?

How does it feel to be in the top four with 6 games to go?

SMh!

We will meet soon... A tonking awaits ya!
Will give you an answer the day you make Q/F in CL cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
chrisley024:
Will give you an answer the day you make Q/F in CL cheesy
Mtcheeeew
You have a short memory... We have been to the finals so what is quarters?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Mtcheeeew
You have a short memory... We have been to the finals so what is quarters?!
Ofcourse I know. The next time you make it cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
lol

elf I hear say na you be polio before?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sirlaw2(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2015

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
I dont get Arsenal fans. Ur team is also struggling every season but since u've chosen not to seek any gainful means of employment and remain jobless, u decide to come here and troll United. Despite u winning a possible two FA Cup trophies back-to-back and despite our two trophyless seasons we still aren't mates. And United can never go on a 9 yr trophyless streak. Its just not possible. So enjoy ur trolling while it lasts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
head to head

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
what's the injury status for the injured first team players? We play at Goodison park this weekend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
Leyqute:
what's the injury status for the injured first team players? We play at Goodison park this weekend
We should know after LvG press conference on Friday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
coogar:

where did i have this discussion of marathon runners with you? instead of you to address the points i laid down, you are busy running helter skelter imagining things you managed to scoop out of your wet dreams.

When you said stamina is the other thing that has to do with power, you didnt know what you were going into because you thought stamina was about muscle. grin

coogar:

which power?
did you not lie to us here robben has the most power? i have given you 3 different players more powerful than robben using your retardêd formula. the formula also proves di maria is more powerful than rooney. grin

I have not deviated from my stance that Robben has the most power in terms of football playing. I only decided to argue using these computer stats because someone brought it up.

coogar:

it's high time you accept you have no clue on what makes a player powerful. your mgbeke formula or all the lies you have told previously have been destroyed. first off, you said it was balance only. after that, you then you went on & said one must add all the attributes under physical to determine power.

You obviously is the one who doesn't know what makes up power. When commentators keep repeating that Robben has blistering pace and power, you unknown pundit is arguing otherwise.

FIFA also came up with 8 physical items as a guide, yet you keep arguing otherwise.

coogar:

you keep running from pillar to post.

you have no clue!

yet more irrelevant points....

So FIFA has no clue what attributes are physical or skillful or mental?

coogar:

so why then is reaction under physical attributes? is reaction not a mental attribute? reaction time is how quickly an athlete reacts to danger or a pass to intercept or to position himself. how is reaction a physical attribute? grin

Between an old professor/Bill Gate/Wole Soyinka on one hand, and an athlete/Usian Bolt/Mike Tyson, who would react faster to physical threat?

coogar:

valencia play in the defence for country? grin
when someone gets caught out, they begin to spew nonsense from their arsë. it was from this same position valencia became the fastest player in man utd.

what has position gotta do with it?
in which position in a team is a player not allowed to run or show physical attributes. kagawa is more powerful than jones according to your logic. that ends this argument without a doubt - you are clueless with stats.

Where does Valencia play for country? Wing? In the world cup he was more of a defensive midfielder. He hardly crossed the centre line. Defenders are scored far less in speed, and acceleration. Generally defenders score less. Valencia is scored 87 in speed by FIFA 15 while some other players we know havent speed are scored more.

Position has so much to do with it. Go and check and you will see that players who play in defence score less marks. Even Ramos. Logic should tell therefore that defenders should be compared with defenders.

coogar:

comparing forwards?
di maria is more powerful than rooney.....

I told you from day one of this argument that Rooney doesnt have power as people would think. Although, if he played in Laliga last season, a less physical league his stats would be better. You have much to learn about this power. You needed to see Di Maria in world cup to know what power is about. He is new in EPL and he has not adjusted. This computer rating is also just a guide, it can't be 100% perfect.

coogar:

according to your logic......

The fact.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
Coogar, stats are facts. Why then should Young and Mata start before Di Maria?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
Rafael's season seems to be over. Broken rib.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:14pm On Apr 20, 2015
Rafael's season seems to be over. Broken rib.

Januzaj ankle in the U-21.

Van Gaal sef. RVP had to play U-21?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
Dadehmola:

grin grin

I dey tell you...

His obsession with stamina, vigor, power etc would definitely give nyabingo his female admirers an inkling of what to expect when Konji don hold am!!

Yori Yori!!

cheesy grin
insanity beckons with posts like you typed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
SailorXY:
lol

elf I hear say na you be polio before?

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Robin van Persie and Jonny Evans both enjoyed gentle re-introductions into the game as Manchester United’s Under 21 side drew 1-1 at Leicester, although Rafael and Adnan Januzaj limped off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
elampiro:
Coogar, stats are facts. Why then should Young and Mata start before Di Maria?

because young & mata understand the philosophy better than di maria. so you think it's about power? if it's about power then di maria is the most powerful according to FIFA & rooney should drop to the bench.

elampiro:

When you said stamina is the other thing that has to do with power, you didnt know what you were going into because you thought stamina was about muscle. grin

i said strength & stamina are the 2 most important factors when determining power. other attributes on that list would carry less weights when the whole algorithm is computed.

I have not deviated from my stance that Robben has the most power in terms of football playing. I only decided to argue using these computer stats because someone brought it up.

according to whose stats? yours or FIFA? grin
the stats you brought up did not hold any relevance. so where did you learn robben has the most power in football. tevez is more powerful than robben & i can list over 1000 players in the world with more power than robben.

You obviously is the one who doesn't know what makes up power. When commentators keep repeating that Robben has blistering pace and power, you unknown pundit is arguing otherwise.

they say the same about rooney, ronaldo, sanchez & tevez. it is different altogether from the lies you are trying to feed us. robben has pace & power is different from robben is the most powerful player in the world.

even raumdeuter would slap you for such claims.

FIFA also came up with 8 physical items as a guide, yet you keep arguing otherwise.
So FIFA has no clue what attributes are physical or skillful or mental?

i put all this into consideration and robben comes short to messi, ronaldo & tevez. di maria got ahead of rooney & azpilicueta was ahead of pawaful jones. as you can see, your explanation makes no sense.

Between an old professor/Bill Gate/Wole Soyinka on one hand, and an athlete/Usian Bolt/Mike Tyson, who would react faster to physical threat?

so which of the players here is old as soyinka or a geek like bill gates? sometimes, it's better for you to shut up when you have nothing of value to say. we are comparing professional players whose everyday living is spent in the gym & training pitches and you are talking wole soyinka.

Where does Valencia play for country? Wing? In the world cup he was more of a defensive midfielder. He hardly crossed the centre line. Defenders are scored far less in speed, and acceleration. Generally defenders score less. Valencia is scored 87 in speed by FIFA 15 while some other players we know havent speed are scored more.

valencia wasn't rated as a defender on FIFA. he's a winger or RM. pay attention to details. valencia was analysed as a club player, not as an ecuadorian player. his card says RM, not RB. grin

Position has so much to do with it. Go and check and you will see that players who play in defence score less marks. Even Ramos.

score less marks in what? grin
is that why you think azpili is more powerful than jones? elampawa, this is 2015.....repent from your lying ways.

Logic should tell therefore that defenders should be compared with defenders.
I told you from day one of this argument that Rooney doesnt have power as people would think.

azpilicueta is a defender just like phil jones. how's azpili more powerful than jones? how's koscielny more powerful than john terry? grin

Although, if he played in Laliga last season, a less physical league his stats would be better. You have much to learn about this power. You needed to see Di Maria in world cup to know what power is about. He is new in EPL and he has not adjusted. This computer rating is also just a guide, it can't be 100% perfect.
The fact.

di maria has no power.
your conclusion is flawed. never ever compare pace with power. they are 2 different things. what would indicate power is the strength/stamina analysis.

if you look closely at the numbers generated by FIFA, strength & stamina rightly put everyone in their deserved place.

rooney.......stamina 89, strength 85
di maria......stamina 79, strength 64

the above automatically tells me rooney is the more powerful player. however, if we go by the dodgy formula you want us to apply, di maria suddenly becomes the more powerful player.

logic dictates my own formula is the right one while yours need deliverance from TB Joshua. only a complete lunatic would think di maria or even robben is more powerful than rooney. wazza might not have pace but he is blessed with power.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
coogar:

because young & mata understand the philosophy better than di maria. so you think it's about power? if it's about power then di maria is the most powerful according to FIFA & rooney should drop to the bench.

Who is talking about power. I am talking about how stats can be misleading.

QUESTION? Arrange the following player according to best, better and good based on this season. Who has performed most?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
elampiro:

Who is talking about power. I am talking about how stats can be misleading.

you are the one being misled - FIFA didn't ask you to add a + b + c to determine who is more powerful. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
coogar:

i said strength & stamina are the 2 most important factors when determining power. other attributes on that list would carry less weights when the whole algorithm is computed.

Good you I have pushed you to accepting that other attributes are of physical. We are getting somewhere.

coogar:

according to whose stats? yours or FIFA? grin
the stats you brought up did not hold any relevance. so where did you learn robben has the most power in football. tevez is more powerful than robben & i can list over 1000 players in the world with more power than robben.

If you knew football, you would know Robben is the most powerful from his movement ability. He has no iota of laziness in his movements. The stats are brought are not my original stat. My original stats says Robben has about the highest sprint speed ever recorded in football. At that speed considering the miles he did it, he is the most powerful footballer.

When Robben beat Ramos he ran at 37km/hr. If he were to do that over 100 meter, he would make 10.28 secs- some professional sprinter have recorded worse time. Robben ran on the field with his boot. You can't do that without having so much power (energy).

coogar:
they say the same about rooney, ronaldo, sanchez & tevez. it is different altogether from the lies you are trying to feed us. robben has pace & power is different from robben is the most powerful player in the world.
even raumdeuter would slap you for such claims.

Why is it not being said that Ozil, Pirlo, Zidane, Carrick have pace and power? You wont even hear such about Sturridge, Dzeko, Giroud, Carzola, Kaka, Deco, Berbatov, etc. But for Robben it's almost every article. Robben has the most power in football. CR7 and, Messi who took growth drugs for years are at about same region of power.

why raumdeuter= you are stylishly inviting him to come help you out here. kpele grin grin

coogar:
i put all this into consideration and robben comes short to messi, ronaldo & tevez. di maria got ahead of rooney & azpilicueta was ahead of pawaful jones. as you can see, your explanation makes no sense.

You keep supporting my argument that power is not about physical built or bulkiness or muscle. Azpilicueta looks like someone who gathered his energy running in the hills and along the beach while Jones just went to gym. The former will gather more natural power.

Robben, Messi, Ronaldo and Tevez should normally have little plus or minus in their stats, but they are in same region of power. Robben is their oga.
coogar:
so which of the players here is old as soyinka or a geek like bill gates? sometimes, it's better for you to shut up when you have nothing of value to say. we are comparing professional players whose everyday living is spent in the gym & training pitches and you are talking wole soyinka.

You don't have sense. We are supposed to be comparing brain power with physical power based on your yeye logic. I brought the best of brain power vs the best of physical power. Even if you brought a first class student of 21 years old to face me on reaction to that requires movement, I will react 1000 time faster.

coogar:

valencia wasn't rated as a defender on FIFA. he's a winger or RM. pay attention to details. valencia was analysed as a club player, not as an ecuadorian player. his card says RM, not RB. grin
score less marks in what? grin
is that why you think azpili is more powerful than jones? elampawa, this is 2015.....repent from your lying ways.
azpilicueta is a defender just like phil jones. how's azpili more powerful than jones? how's koscielny more powerful than john terry? grin
di maria has no power.

That's the problem. Valencia played as a defender, so they used a defender's stats to rate him in the forward position. You need to understand the way it works. It's even worse if he was analysed as a club player because he plays mostly as a right back for Man United.

Azpilicueta is more powerful than Jones na. Is it by muscle? You obviously did not do sports when you were growing up. Have you seen the size of marathon runners? Do you know how much power they have? Also the builders, always looking thin, but go try them.

Why do you think The Understaker is more powerful than Great Khali, Mark Henry and Kane? You have so much to learn about power.

coogar:
your conclusion is flawed. never ever compare pace with power. they are 2 different things. what would indicate power is the strength/stamina analysis.
if you look closely at the numbers generated by FIFA, strength & stamina rightly put everyone in their deserved place.
rooney.......stamina 89, strength 85
di maria......stamina 79, strength 64
the above automatically tells me rooney is the more powerful player. however, if we go by the dodgy formula you want us to apply, di maria suddenly becomes the more powerful player.
logic dictates my own formula is the right one while yours need deliverance from TB Joshua. only a complete lunatic would think di maria or even robben is more powerful than rooney. wazza might not have pace but he is blessed with power.

Yet stamina and strength put Blind above Akinfenwa. And you argue Akinfenwa is the most powerful footballer. Ukwu!!!

Stamina and strength are just two of the eight components of a football player's physicality.

Even the other rating you presented, Suarez is ahead of Akinfenwa. The two criterias you brought, Akinfenwa is not near the most physical. Yet you keep believing muscles and pgysical build is what make a player having football power. I tire for you sef.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
coogar:

you are the one being misled - FIFA didn't ask you to add a + b + c to determine who is more powerful. grin

QUESTION? Arrange the following player according to best, better and good based on this season. Who has performed most?

Is this hard to answer? Coogar wan pis for pant. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
elampiro:

Is this hard to answer? Coogar wan pis for pant. grin

arrange which following player? what kinda idiotic question is this? where are the players you want me to arrange?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:03am On Apr 21, 2015
Michael Carrick is facing a battle to be fit Manchester United’s trip to Everton on Sunday, but fellow absentees Daley Blind, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo are all expected to return in time for the trip to Goodison Park.
Although Carrick avoided serious injury it is understood that he has only an outside chance of playing against Everton on Sunday.
Rojo, Blind and Jones are expected to return to training this week to put themselves in contention for the game against Roberto Martínez’s team.
The return of either Jones or Blind would enable Van Gaal to deploy one or both in midfield and free Wayne Rooney to resume his centre-forward role.
Robin van Persie has returned from two months out and played 62 mins for the U21s tonight.
[Source: Telegraph]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:07am On Apr 21, 2015
coogar:

arrange which following player? what kinda idiotic question is this? where are the players you want me to arrange?

Di Maria
Young
Mata.

I mentioned them since.

You are just coming now. I wan sleep o. See you tomorrow. You should know on the other topic, power in 'pace and power' means energy, effort. Not about muscle or bulkiness. I remember I used to mention about pace and power of Edgar David.

Good night.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.