Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8750986 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:13am On Apr 21, 2015
elampiro:

Good you I have pushed you to accepting that other attributes are of physical. We are getting somewhere.

pushing who?
who did you push? after lying to us balance is what makes robben the most powerful player in the world.

If you knew football, you would know Robben is the most powerful from his movement ability. He has no iota of laziness in his movements. The stats are brought are not my original stat. My original stats says Robben has the highest sprint speed ever recorded in football. At that speed, he is the most powerful footballer.

sprint speed is pace. pace is not power!
that's my problem with you. you still haven't learnt the difference between pace & power.

When Robben beat Ramos he ran at 37km/hr. If he were to do that over 100 meter, he would make 10.28 secs- some professional sprinter have recorded worse time. Robben ran on the field with his boot. You can't do that without having so much power (energy).

pace is not power!
are you a bush man? what has robben's 300mph gotta do with power?

Why is it not being said that Ozil, Pirlo, Zidane, Carrick have pace and power? You wont even hear such about Sturridge, Dzeko, Giroud, Carzola, Kaka, Deco, Berbatov, etc. But for Robben it's almost every article. Robben has the most power in football. CR7 and Messi who took growth drugs for years are at about same region of power.

they are not in the same region.
messi leads robben considerably. it's a land slide victory.

why raumdeuter= you are stylishly inviting him to come help you out here. kpele grin grin

have i ever needed anyone's help to destroy you here? my thumb alone is too much for you, never mind calling another poster. i remain the undefeated spartan in this section.

You keep supporting my argument that power is not about physical built or bulkiness or muscle. Azpilicueta looks like someone who gathered his energy running in the hills and along the beach while Jones just went to gym. The former will gather more natural power.

elampiro, you are a dullard. pace is not power.

Robben, Messi, Ronaldo and Tevez should normally have little plus or minus in their stats, but they are in same region of power. Robben is their oga.

there's no little plus here. messi & ronaldo are miles powerful than robben.

robben - 663
ronaldo - 693

30 massive points and you are saying plus or minus?

You don't have sense. We are supposed to be comparing brain power with physical power based on your yeye logic. I brought the best of brain power vs the best of physical power. Even if you brought a first class student of 21 years old to face me on reaction to that requires movement, I will react 1000 time faster.

you are a dullard!
you should compare 2 professional football players, not a professor and an athlete. is that how to do analogy?

That's the problem. Valencia played as a defender, so they used a defender's stats to rate him in the forward position. You need to understand the way it works. It's even worse if he was analysed as a club player because he plays mostly as a right back for Man United.

valencia did not play as a defender.
he was rated as a striker. the software program of FIFA15 was written before october last year. that was long before LVG started using valencia as a defender. his card says RM, not RB.

Azpilicueta is more powerful than Jones na. Is it by muscle? You obviously did not do sports when you were growing up. Have you seen the size of marathon runners? Do you know how much power they have? Also the builders, always looking thin, but go try them.

never thought i would see the day elampawa would agree azpili is more powerful than jones. just because you want to defend a non-existing concept? hahahaha - i shall bookmark this.

Why do you think The Understaker is more powerful than Great Khali, Mark Henry and Kane? You have so much to learn about power.

we are talking football power, not fighting power. don't digress! football power is different from fighting power.

Yet stamina and strength put Blind above Akinfenwa. And you argue Akinfenwa is the most powerful footballer. Ukwu!!!

akinfenwa is the strongest player in the world. he was officially named by FIFA. strongest is quite different from powerful. don't distort the fact!

Stamina and strength are just two of the eight components of a football player's physicality.

they are the most important.

Even the other rating you presented, Suarez is ahead of Akinfenwa. The two criterias you brought, Akinfenwa is not near the most physical. Yet you keep believing muscles and pgysical build is what make a player having football power. I tire for you sef.

akinfenwa is the strongest player on FIFA.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:16am On Apr 21, 2015
elampiro:

Di Maria
Young
Mata.

I mentioned them since.

You are just coming now. I wan sleep o. See you tomorrow. You should know on the other topic, power in 'pace and power' means energy, effort. Not about muscle or bulkiness. I remember I used to mention about pace and power of Edgar David.

Good night.

your question makes no sense.
arrange these players in terms of what? strength? speed? aerial ability or what?

are you a villager?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:22am On Apr 21, 2015
coogar:

pushing who?
who did you push? after lying to us balance is what makes robben the most powerful player in the world.

sprint speed is pace. pace is not power!
that's my problem with you. you still haven't learnt the difference between pace & power.

pace is not power!
are you a bush man? what has robben's 300mph gotta do with power?

they are not in the same region.
messi leads robben considerably. it's a land slide victory.

have i ever needed anyone's help to destroy you here? my thumb alone is too much for you, never mind calling another poster. i remain the undefeated spartan in this section.

elampiro, you are a dullard. pace is not power.

there's no little plus here. messi & ronaldo are miles powerful than robben.

robben - 663
ronaldo - 693

30 massive points and you are saying plus or minus?

you are a dullard!
you should compare 2 professional football players, not a professor and an athlete. is that how to do analogy?

valencia did not play as a defender.
he was rated as a striker. the software program of FIFA15 was written before october last year. that was long before LVG started using valencia as a defender. his card says RM, not RB.

never thought i would see the day elampawa would agree azpili is more powerful than jones. just because you want to defend a non-existing concept? hahahaha - i shall bookmark this.

we are talking football power, not fighting power. don't digress! football power is different from fighting power.

akinfenwa is the strongest player in the world. he was officially named by FIFA. strongest is quite different from powerful. don't distort the fact!

they are the most important.

akinfenwa is the strongest player on FIFA.

Good night. Till tomorrow, But know that there can be no pace without power.

The more the energy the more the pace. When you see someone running at a great pace, you just know he is being propelled by power. This is why FIFA put speed sprint and acceleration as physical attributes. Two separate physical attributes relating to speed. This should tell you, among other attributes, how much importance speed is to rating a player's football power.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:29am On Apr 21, 2015
coogar:

your question makes no sense.
arrange these players in terms of what? strength? speed? aerial ability or what?

are you a villager?

Pay attention to details. See my original post. Players comparison this season in terms of performance.

elampiro:

Who is talking about power. I am talking about how stats can be misleading.
QUESTION? Arrange the following player according to best, better and good based on this season. Who has performed most?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:30am On Apr 21, 2015
Mark Ogden has just reported that de gea won't be signing a new contract
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:30am On Apr 21, 2015
PietroRico:
Mark Ogden has just reported that de gea won't be signing a new contract
cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

grin
do you think Arsenal has any chance of victory against a bus-parking Chelsea this weekend? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:46am On Apr 21, 2015
elampiro:

Pay attention to details. See my original post. Players comparison this season in terms of performance.

mata is the best player in our squad. young has been the best performer this season. di maria started so well but tailed off since his house got broken into.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
SailorXY:

do you think Arsenal has any chance of victory against a bus-parking Chelsea this weekend? cheesy
In all honesty.... We are on a great run and have some decent momentum
We will be fired up.... With luck on our side, we will get at least a point grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
1575 pages... 1000 of useless arguments... can't wait for match day for proper fan analysis and arguments

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
Lool. Padi don vex. But he's right tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
All 4 managers in tonights' 1/4 were all part of the same Barcelona squad in the 96-97 season. Impressive stuff.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
coogar:

mata is the best player in our squad. young has been the best performer this season. di maria started so well but tailed off since his house got broken into.

You are a hypocrite. Stats say otherwise. The same stat you used to put Silva over Hazard says Di Maria is the best among the three. Young is the worst this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Smalling gets a new contract. Till 2019.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
elampiro:

You are a hypocrite. Stats say otherwise. The same stat you used to put Silva over Hazard says Di Maria is the best among the three. Young is the worst this season.

which stat?
if it's whoscored.com, forget it! they factor all sorts of nonsense in their stats including height & skin colour. ashley young has been the most consistent player this season. in terms of who has the most talent, mata is heads & shoulders above everyone in our squad.

di maria has regressed badly since december.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
coogar:

which stat?
if it's whoscored.com, forget it! they factor all sorts of nonsense in their stats including height & skin colour. ashley young has been the most consistent player this season. in terms of who has the most talent, mata is heads & shoulders above everyone in our squad.

di maria has regressed badly since december.

So Coogar can tell stories? The kind of description of players abilities you have refused to listen to all the while. Have you forgotten you major stats? Chances created.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has revealed he met with Manchester United officials on Sunday to discuss Radamel Falcao's situation at Old Trafford and was told the Red Devils have not yet reached a decision on keeping the striker.

Despite all the signs pointing to Manchester United passing on their chance to sign Falcao, Vasilyev says the Red Devils have not yet made up their mind.

The Monaco vice-president said: "I saw Manchester United officials last Sunday and they have not yet decided if they will exercise the option.

"It's not his best season, but they've kept their right to comment at the end of the season.

"We are not in any other negotiations, even though big clubs are interested. It's up to Manchester to decide and then we'll talk with the player to find out what he wants."

[Source: nicematin.com]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
joeace2020:
1575 pages... 1000 of useless arguments... can't wait for match day for proper match analysis and arguments
seconded. full of off point arguments....no proper mufc analysis for which the thread is created. smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
Wscholar:
seconded. full of off point arguments....no proper mufc analysis for which the thread is created. smh

Is anyone forbidden from making this proper mufc analysis?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
1. Di Maria 48 chances created in 1565 minutes = 32.6 mins per CC

2. Mata 38 chances created 1901 minutes = 50.02 mins per CC

3. Young 25 chances created in 1649 minutes = 65.96 mins per CC.

Coogar, these are the figures. 'Remember stats are facts'. Are you arguing with stats now? Your so much beloved CC?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
Oga Elampiro, get yourself a Playstation console.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
Tval:
Oga Elampiro, get yourself a Playstation console.

What is it used for?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
elampiro:
1. Di Maria 48 chances created in 1565 minutes = 32.6 mins per CC

2. Mata 38 chances created 1901 minutes = 50.02 mins per CC

3. Young 25 chances created in 1649 minutes = 65.96 mins per CC.

Coogar, these are the figures. 'Remember stats are facts'. Are you arguing with stats now? Your so much beloved CC?

this means nothing.....
the bulk of di maria's stats are at the start of the season. he has produced very little in recent times.

read my assessment again
i said di maria started so well but he has tailed off since the burglary incident. young & mata have started off where di maria stopped.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
elampiro:

What is it used for?
To play Fifa grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
coogar:

this means nothing.....
the bulk of di maria's stats are at the start of the season. he has produced very little in recent times.

read my assessment again
i said di maria started so well but he has tailed off since the burglary incident. young & mata have started off where di maria stopped.

* When has period ever being a factor in your previous argument? Season is between August and May. This has always been our basis for assessment.

* No matter the period you use, I dont even see how Young can be the best this season. Di Maria will still beat him.

* Costa scored his goals very early. Harry Kane is scoring late. At the end, no one would ask what time any one of them scored. Whoever scores the highest is the winner. Your point about Di Maria is nil.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
elampiro:

Is anyone forbidden from making this proper mufc analysis?

don't mind them.....
all they do everyday is moan & whinge about elampiro. as if a supernatural force holds their hands from discussing whatever they want to talk about. 20 different topics can be going on in the threads. nobody here is handcuffed to type what they feel like. i am sick & tired of grown men griping over what people discuss.

it actually sounds homoerötic to me!

elampiro:

* When has period ever being a factor in your previous argument? Season is between August and May. This has always been our basis for assessment.

but we aren't even in may yet, why are you twitching? grin

* No matter the period you use, I dont even see how Young can be the best this season. Di Maria will still beat him.

where did i say young is the best? i said Young has been the most consistent. he's not had a below average performance since LVG took over in the preseason & that is why he's benching di maria.

di maria has had several highs & many lows. you never know the di maria that would turn up. i can't even reminder the last time he scored a league goal for us.

* Costa scored his goals very early. Harry Kane is scoring late. At the end, no one would ask what time any one of them scored. Whoever scores the highest is the winner. Your point about Di Maria is nil.

it matters when it bores down to opinion.
the only reason van persie didn't win the POTY in 12/13 was because of his little drought he had when he injured himself - he went dry for about 6-7 games & it coincided with the period professional players were voting for PFA awards. you have to pick the moment when you shine through & that has been di maria's problem this season.

he's yet to make FIFA's team of the week this season. fellaini, herrera, mata, rooney, smalling, carrick & de gea have all made it. i think young has even made it twice this season. di maria failed to click when it mattered most but he was so much productive in the first half of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
Tval:
To play Fifa grin

That's for children.

Moreover, I think that is the problem of many in this thread. That is why there is a mismatch between these guys and I. Most of their arguments are from the experience they get about these players in computer games (FIFA 15, playstations) and statistics. So when we discuss football, there is a conflict between they accepting someone telling about reality and what their observation is of these players in their abstract characters as used in computer games, stats, etc.

This is why I have to finally quit arguing with these guys haven understood they decided never to believe things they saw with their eyes, but the ones created in their imagination by playstation characters and matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
elampiro:
Moreover, I think that is the problem of many in this thread. That is why there is a mismatch between these guys and I. Most of their arguments are from the experience they get about these players in computer games (FIFA 15, playstations) and statistics. So when we discuss football, there is a conflict between they accepting someone telling about reality and what their observation is of these players in their abstract characters as used in computer games, stats, etc.

your football intelligence would actually quadruple when you play these games. the game is as close to real life than BBC sports. FIFA15 & FIFPRO are in partnership so all the details shared are as accurate as it can be.

what happens in the real world get computed into the game. if a player does well for club this week, he gets an upgrade. the game is not static. it moves with the time, even players with outstanding performance do get MOTM upgrades.

so save up, buy a console as advised & you won't have to rely on goal.com to form your opinion. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
coogar:

your football intelligence would actually quadruple when you play these games. the game is as close to real life than BBC sports. FIFA15 & FIFPRO are in partnership so all the details shared are as accurate as it can be.

what happens in the real world get computed into the game. if a player does well for club this week, he gets an upgrade. the game is not static. it moves with the time, even players with outstanding performance do get MOTM upgrades.

so save up, buy a console as advised & you won't have to rely on goal.com to form your opinion. grin

Is it not this stuff that made you put Fabregas and Silva over Hazard? It's misleading you people. You now believe these abstract characters than what you watch. Mourinho confirmed my opinion that Hazard is his best player and the best in the EPL.

I don't need it. That FIFA 15 that over gave Kagawa marks? Now, stats telling us Young has been shyte while we have actually been praising him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2015
angry My problem now is our goalie

David De Gea...

I think he may leave us... And i don't want that Valdez of a ghuy come close to our goal post

I'm not sure they're actually young proven Goalies like De Gea now cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
coogar:

but we aren't even in may yet, why are you twitching? grin

We were not in May when we compared Hazard, Silva, Fabregas in CHANCES CREATED earlier in the season. Same thing happened last year at this time when we were comparing Rooney and Mata.

coogar:

where did i say young is the best? i said Young has been the most consistent. he's not had a below average performance since LVG took over in the preseason & that is why he's benching di maria.

Okay, Di Maria is better this season? Noted.

coogar:

di maria has had several highs & many lows. you never know the di maria that would turn up. i can't even reminder the last time he scored a league goal for us.

This doesn't matter when looking at things over a period. Berba packed his stats in a few matches and won golden boot.

coogar:

it matters when it bores down to opinion.
the only reason van persie didn't win the POTY in 12/13 was because of his little drought he had when he injured himself - he went dry for about 6-7 games & it coincided with the period professional players were voting for PFA awards. you have to pick the moment when you shine through & that has been di maria's problem this season..

RVP didnt deserve it. Period. If Suarez weren't suspended, he would have won it followed by Bale. The guys were doing solo runs and dribblings enroute scoring their goals, not just give me chop goals RVP scored.

coogar:

he's yet to make FIFA's team of the week this season. fellaini, herrera, mata, rooney, smalling, carrick & de gea have all made it. i think young has even made it twice this season. di maria failed to click when it mattered most but he was so much productive in the first half of the season.

So you can now talk stories where there are stats? Interesting!

Let's just leave. I think I have made my point on why I brought this topic up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:09am On Apr 22, 2015
elampiro:

Is it not this stuff that made you put Fabregas and Silva over Hazard? It's misleading you people. You now believe these abstract characters than what you watch. Mourinho confirmed my opinion that Hazard is his best player and the best in the EPL.

silva & cesc are better than hazard, abeg. what do you expect mourinho to say? would he back another player over the player he manages? isn't it the same mourinho that declared ibra better than ronaldo & messi in 2009 when was still at inter? if mourinho is managing us, he would say fellaini is the best player in the world. who takes what mourinho says seriously?

I don't need it. That FIFA 15 that over gave Kagawa marks? Now, stats telling us Young has been shyte while we have actually been praising him.

young has been absolutely brilliant - the most improved player in england. even FIFA acknowledged his improvement with 2 upgrades. something di maria couldn't manage. you also forget the little detail that young was mostly a wingback/full back all season. since he's been playing as a LW, he has been terrific!

elampiro:

We were not in May when we compared Hazard, Silva, Fabregas in CHANCES CREATED earlier in the season. Same thing happened last year at this time when we were comparing Rooney and Mata.

we compared hazard & silva last season. we compared them since hazard arrived & silva always trumps hazard every season. it's no longer worthy a debate. silva shytes on hazard every day of the week.

Okay, Di Maria is better this season? Noted.
This doesn't matter when looking at things over a period. Berba packed his stats in a few matches and won golden boot.

berbatov was brilliant throughout.
even in the games he failed to score, he blessed us with mesmerising skills that no other player has been capable of in the last 10 years.

RVP didnt deserve it. Period. If Suarez weren't suspended, he would have won it followed by Bale. The guys were doing solo runs and dribblings enroute scoring their goals, not just give me chop goals RVP scored.

RVP deserved it 1 billion times....
he has the greatest achievement of any striker in the last 10 seasons in 12/13. if you can score away from home at etihad, stamford bridge, emirates, white hart lane & anfield in one season then you are a demi-god! forget suarez - he was a flat track bully that season scoring against shyte teams of the league & padding up the stats!

So you can now talk stories where there are stats? Interesting!

there's no story
RVP won the golden boot that year - making it a back to back achievement. he justified his price tag. what's the story?

Let's just leave. I think I have made my point on why I brought this topic up.

you have made no point my friend.
RVP did the impossible in one season. for years to come, he would be talked about @ man utd as the man that got sir alex his last & final league title. history will not forget that achievement for decades to come.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m), GrandFinale2021(m), Joseph901 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.