Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,062 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8686307 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:46pm On May 04, 2015
nyabinghi:
people just post for posting sake, how many times has messi played in the holding role or play to support the defence, if Rooney is deployed in his favoured position he will score 25 at least. Rooney didn't put a gun to anybody's head to sign. Same things you guys said last season that when we buy teams will be in trouble yet we get beaten by clueless teams,
Messi has been on the wings predominantly but has it stopped him influencing Barcelona's play in a positive manner? How many games has Rooney played as a dmf sef?
Point is; even without a look at the number of goals he has scored, his general contribution is average compared to his peers...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:04pm On May 04, 2015
If RvP is relieved of taking PK then who takes over?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 04, 2015
chrisley024:
Louis van Gaal reveals the Manchester United board gave him three years to win the Premier League title and says he's on course to meet their target.

@ElFenomeno1, what is Wenger's target? Top 4
Apparently. And if u ask them now, they'd regard themselves as a big club. Their mates aim for league titles and UCL glory, they aim for FA CUP. I'm not surprised. Thats wat clubs of their calibre aim for every season anyways. Pathetic excuse of a club....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 04, 2015
chrisley024:
Mata is the best bet....considering Rooney also missed the last penalty vs Liverpool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 04, 2015
Regardless of wat y'all think abt Rooney, he's still very much important to this team. He might not be performing close to other players collecting 300k per week. But play him in his preferred role which is behind the main striker(Top 9) and he'd pour in those assists/goals as they come his way.
Apparently, the main Top 9’s we've in RVP & Falcao are pretty much dead....which is why our success or failure nxt season ll be determined solely on this summer's transfer window.
Rooney still has a lot to offer us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:56pm On May 04, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Apparently. And if u ask them now, they'd regard themselves as a big club. Their mates aim for league titles and UCL glory, they aim for FA CUP. I'm not surprised. Thats wat clubs of their calibre aim for every season anyways. Pathetic excuse of a club....

Akindanidani you are back.....
Sawdust for brains .... The same fu...cking pillock who told us here a few days ago that they have better targets than Arsenal every season and this season their target was to get back into CL... Ours was to build on from last season and do better, we are on course
Now tell me people, how is a cup final and 2nd in the league a worse target in comparison to 4th place?
Brainless twerp..... Keep wallowing in your own misery!
MUFC = The new Arsenal = Fourphy Boys!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:09pm On May 04, 2015
chrisley024:
Paddy McNair. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:15pm On May 04, 2015
A coach chooses his penalty taker. It's make no sense to change him because he lost one. This is confidence killer. Although I think Mata will do well in penalties. But now there's a fear the boss is watching and counting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 04, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Akindanidani you are back.....
Sawdust for brains .... The same fu...cking pillock who told us here a few days ago that they have better targets than Arsenal every season and this season their target was to get back into CL... Ours was to build on from last season and do better, we are on course
Now tell me people, how is a cup final and 2nd in the league a worse target in comparison to 4th place?
Brainless twerp..... Keep wallowing in your own misery!
MUFC = The new Arsenal = Fourphy Boys!
Lool. Unlike u i dont run anytime my team fvcks up. But coming from a brainless mofo who doesn't know his left from his right, i'm not surprised. Yes we finished 7th but the goal was still to get back on track, get bak in the UCL, challenge for the EPL and go toe-to-toe with Europe's best once more. And we've achieved the first phase of dat in less than 12 months of missing out on UCL albeit while struggling with injuries and players losing form in the same process.

10yrs and the best u've come up with every season is UCL qualification and 1 trophy(maybe 2). And u still think Arsenal are a big club? U target ll always be to fight it out for UCL qualification and maybe win 1 cup in between. That my friend is d definition of a small & mediocre club
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:22pm On May 04, 2015
I'll continue saying that rooney is no longer the player he was, he has passed his peak, a striker who has scored only once in his last 17 EPL away games and is a regular team player and an attacker for dat matter does not deserve to be a man.utd bench warmer not to talk of being a captain and a regular starter, we are paying 300k nd he's playing this type of shit, rooney in the number 10 (behind striker role) is not better dan mata, countinho, silva and ozil so what's the arguement all about? He's just blocking the chances for players lyk mata to perform and show that they can be up there with the best when played in their favourite role, we blamed fellaini, blind, valencia, young and mata in recent weeks, saying their performance wasn't good enough, but against liverpool mata stole de show, against man.city young blind nd fellaini wey notable names to remember in that derby victory, when last did rooney influenced a game and was giving a standing oviation 4rm de old trafford faithfulls? If players lyk mata fellaini young are not playing well, a player lyk rooney has to carry the team on his shoulders, when man.city weren't performing well Aguero was there to pull them through, man.city vs bayern earlier this season was a highlight of what i'm talking about, yaya toure and sum notable first team players were suspended yet arguero handed victory to man.city with a hat trick against a good bayern team, Ronaldo also, when madrid weren't doing well, he's always the man to rely on, shalke04 vs madrid is also a notable highlight, hazard, kane and sanchez have also done de-same, yet our 300k per week player is just spreading long pass 4rm side to side nd sum folks are saying he's important, lets stop decieving our selves and face de truth, wayne is no longer d wayne of 2005-2012, he's now an average player lyk young and the rest, when next he dissapoints he should find himself on the bench, i hope our summer signings would ring a bell to his ear 4 him to up his game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:31pm On May 04, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool. Unlike u i dont run anytime my team fvcks up. But coming from a brainless mofo who doesn't know his left from his right, i'm not surprised. Yes we finished 7th but the goal was still to get back on track, get bak in the UCL, challenge for the EPL and go toe-to-toe with Europe's best once more. And we've achieved the first phase of dat in less than 12 months of missing out on UCL albeit while struggling with injuries and players losing form in the same process.

10yrs and the best u've come up with every season is UCL qualification and 1 trophy(maybe 2). And u still think Arsenal are a big club? U target ll always be to fight it out for UCL qualification and maybe win 1 cup in between. That my friend is d definition of a small & mediocre club

STFU.... Struggling with injuries and players losing form... Are you the only club that suffered injuries or with players who struggle for form? Daft Punk!
Now the goal is to get back on track... Sugar coating fourth place like its the best since slice bread..... Dude you read what you type at all?
If you go toe to toe, you will only do that with Liverpool... Not with Europe's elites.
A team used to winning trophies and terrorizing in the UCL now struggling to get back into the same UCL and don't even have any target to win the PL for years..... What the fu...ck? Rock bottom if you ask me..... Dirty DaniDani!
I don't think you understand the magnitude of shi...t that has hit your team... I don't think you do!
One day we will revisit some of my comments here...... You have only just begun, dude go and make sure you win the rest of your games or else Europa league will be your playing ground again next season.... mixing it with the likes of Dnipro, Slovan Bratislava, Legia Warsaw and Chievo!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 04, 2015
weedtaker:
I'll continue saying that rooney is no longer the player he was, he has passed his peak, a striker who has scored only once in his last 17 EPL away games and is a regular team player and an attacker for dat matter does not deserve to be a man.utd bench warmer not to talk of being a captain and a regular starter, we are paying 300k nd he's playing this type of shit, rooney in the number 10 (behind striker role) is not better dan mata, countinho, silva and ozil so what's the arguement all about? He's just blocking the chances for players lyk mata to perform and show that they can be up there with the best when played in their favourite role, we blamed fellaini, blind, valencia, young and mata in recent weeks, saying their performance wasn't good enough, but against liverpool mata stole de show, against man.city young blind nd fellaini wey notable names to remember in that derby victory, when last did rooney influenced a game and was giving a standing oviation 4rm de old trafford faithfulls? If players lyk mata fellaini young are not playing well, a player lyk rooney has to carry the team on his shoulders, when man.city weren't performing well Aguero was there to pull them through, man.city vs bayern earlier this season was a highlight of what i'm talking about, yaya toure and sum notable first team players were suspended yet arguero handed victory to man.city with a hat trick against a good bayern team, Ronaldo also, when madrid weren't doing well, he's always the man to rely on, shalke04 vs madrid is also a notable highlight, hazard, kane and sanchez have also done de-same, yet our 300k per week player is just spreading long pass 4rm side to side nd sum folks are saying he's important, lets stop decieving our selves and face de truth, wayne is no longer d wayne of 2005-2012, he's now an average player lyk young and the rest, when next he dissapoints he should find himself on the bench, i hope our summer signings would ring a bell to his ear 4 him to up his game.
U ve a point. But u also forget its his first season as captain. And for an attacker, he's spent about 80% of his matches dis season deep in midfield. And as a captain and someone pple actually look up to now, he has no choice but to accept his role and play in midfield whenever the manager wants him to. Look at the few matches he's played in front dis season. If he's not scoring, he's assisting in anyway he can. Dont get me wrong tho. No player is worth the progress of United

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:45pm On May 04, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
U ve a point. But u also forget its his first season as captain. And for an attacker, he's spent about 80% of his matches dis season deep in midfield. And as a captain and someone pple actually look up to now, he has no choice but to accept his role and play in midfield whenever the manager wants him to. Look at the few matches he's played in front dis season. If he's not scoring, he's assisting in anyway he can. Dont get me wrong tho. No player is worth the progress of United
i feel u bro, it's his first season as a captain with a new manager and the team has been hit with unfortunate injuries and loss of form, and the prospect of him playing as a dmf in most of our matches is a perfect excuse for him to avoid heavy critiscm this season, we'll see what he'll do next season, fingers crossed till then... GLORY-GLORY MAN.UNITED
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 4:02pm On May 04, 2015
weedtaker cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:50pm On May 04, 2015
elampiro:
A coach chooses his penalty taker. It's make no sense to change him because he lost one. This is confidence killer. Although I think Mata will do well in penalties. But now there's a fear the boss is watching and counting.
I tire o. Just a miss that wasn't even a poor one.

I hope a day when the ball is dropped for PK and everyone is drawing back doesn't come grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:01pm On May 04, 2015
Tval:
weedtaker cheesy cheesy
a LoYAL UNIteD faithfullllllllllll
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:36pm On May 04, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

That is no excuse to be p1ss p00r. You can see he blocks other players in matches. When Van Persie was deployed to the midfield, we can see his efforts. He made more forward passes than Rooney ever made throughout the match.

From the way things are going, this new Rooney will soon become the old Cleverly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 5:41pm On May 04, 2015
weedtaker:
if man.utd happen to sign this players:: Lacazete hiquain bender gundogan clyne hummels depay, just give me de perfect line-up u'll consider using them with our current squad.
they may struggle like di maria has been struggling, mata hasn't strengthened united, chelsea bought loic remy and cuadrado and what happened, buying players isn't a guarantee to success, chelsea won the league right but how did they perform in europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 04, 2015
Fergie used to see a player's decline way before others spotted same.I think he noticed that about Rooney and wanted to flog him off and Rooney had b4 den held him to ransom two times over increase in salary so I guess Fergie was all but ready to kick him out until Moyes came along and pampered Rooney with a new bogus 300k a week salary(250 in actual earnings).Moyes gave him a 5yr contract.Rooney will be 30 this year which means we have to endure him for another 4yrs(34).I wonder how many 34 year old players earn that much in football?Van gaal came and solidified his position by making him captain and pronouncing that "my Captain shall always play" thereby making it very difficult to drop him no matter how horrendous his form is.Rooney has lost his initial explosiveness and pace and he is like a sore thumb in our team.Not good enough to be a midfielder and certainly not as clinical as the likes of Aguero and Suarez upfront.We need an energetic striker next season(maybe Vietto,maybe Dybala,maybe Lacazette) who can push defenders back with pace but this will also mean that Mr "Undroppable" will have to be accommodated in the team(midfield specifically) which I hate to see him.Anyway I am not Van gaal. Let him solve this problem.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:36pm On May 04, 2015
Kemizee:
Fergie used to see a player's decline way before others spotted same.I think he noticed that about Rooney and wanted to flog him off and Rooney had b4 den held him to ransom two times over increase in salary so I guess Fergie was all but ready to kick him out until Moyes came along and pampered Rooney with a new bogus 300k a week salary(250 in actual earnings).Moyes gave him a 5yr contract.Rooney will be 30 this year which means we have to endure him for another 4yrs(34).I wonder how many 34 year old players earn that much in football?Van gaal came and solidified his position by making him captain and pronouncing that "my Captain shall always play" thereby making it very difficult to drop him no matter how horrendous his form is.Rooney has lost his initial explosiveness and pace and he is like a sore thumb in our team.Not good enough to be a midfielder and certainly not as clinical as the likes of Aguero and Suarez upfront.We need an energetic striker next season(maybe Vietto,maybe Dybala,maybe Lacazette) who can push defenders back with pace but this will also mean that Mr "Undroppable" will have to be accommodated in the team(midfield specifically) which I hate to see him.Anyway I am not Van gaal. Let him solve this problem.
dat's wat i'm trying to say, but lets just leave this season, as a season of Van Gaal's so called philosophy set up, we'll know if rooney is capable of playing for man.utd when van gaaL goes into the transfer market and get good strikers.. But 4me Rooney is on de decline.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:17pm On May 04, 2015
Evening scummies......
How is it going?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:26pm On May 04, 2015
Fellaini is close to useless when the ball isn't being contested for in the air
He has been using his airial dominance to mask it sorta.
Now he's lost even the aerial dominance

How he still gets to play 90mins is beyond me tbh.

I just hope and pray we don't have to endure too much of this next season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:01pm On May 04, 2015
Scummies still hoping to catch the Arsenal
Smh.... delusional warthogs
Where is Akindanidani, Buttpirate or is it SailoyXY and Coogar? angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by taiwoliu(m): 10:10pm On May 04, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Scummies still hoping to catch the Arsenal
Smh.... delusional warthogs
Where is Akindanidani, Buttpirate or is it SailoyXY and Coogar? angry
to think u often call 'insha Allah' on ur evil wishes shows ur level of reasoning. I doubt if u r a Muslim, and if u r, u definitely don't knw anytin as regard d religion. Anyways, kip having fun but stop soiling Islam wt u foolis.h.ness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:00am On May 05, 2015
chrisley024:
Some fans want a new 11 players, that solves nothing. Our number one problem is injuries which have brought constant changes to the line up and not good for a team in the rebuilding process since they can't gel. We've always won matches when everyone is fit. We either find the solution to the cause or discard these players.
I was not so surprised when I saw the result & had to wait for the match replay before I could comment.

do you now agree that the current strike-force will lead us nowhere? these guys were world class forwards, yes but WERE. if we have to move forward, they have to move - & that may include Wayne Rooney.

LvG played Fellaini as top 9 throughout the second half & I have read criticisms of that but he was absolutely right for me -
- RvP had a lot of good movement in the first half but the duo of Fellaini & Rooney couldn't spot it cuz they are not tactical enough to be attacking midfielders
- RvP was up against two very physical defenders, his hold up play was terrible
- the loss of Carrick & Shaw meant Herrera played DM again, away from areas where his passing can influence attacks.
- LvG has still not learnt from past mistakes: Rooney is NOT a MIDFIELDER!
- a simple solution would have been Mata behind RvP & Fellaini.

my simple advice to LvG is to play the long ball from kick off till Carrick returns.

Fellaini as target man, Mata, RvP, Young & Rooney as scavengers. the other 6 players sits in defensive half.

since parking the bus is now hailed as "tactics" by the English media, long ball should also be "tactics".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:22am On May 05, 2015
in other news - apologies if you can't see it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 5:43am On May 05, 2015
I hope nothing happened to coogar. This is getting serious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:44am On May 05, 2015
Every team is going to park the bus against Man Utd, hit on the counter and take any half chance by the head (including mistakes). They now know LvG's philosophy and how to exploit it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:25am On May 05, 2015
SailorXY:
I was not so surprised when I saw the result & had to wait for the match replay before I could comment.

do you now agree that the current strike-force will lead us nowhere? these guys were world class forwards, yes but WERE. if we have to move forward, they have to move - & that may include Wayne Rooney.

LvG played Fellaini as top 9 throughout the second half & I have read criticisms of that but he was absolutely right for me -
- RvP had a lot of good movement in the first half but the duo of Fellaini & Rooney couldn't spot it cuz they are not tactical enough to be attacking midfielders
- RvP was up against two very physical defenders, his hold up play was terrible
- the loss of Carrick & Shaw meant Herrera played DM again, away from areas where his passing can influence attacks.
- LvG has still not learnt from past mistakes: Rooney is NOT a MIDFIELDER!
- a simple solution would have been Mata behind RvP & Fellaini.

my simple advice to LvG is to play the long ball from kick off till Carrick returns.

Fellaini as target man, Mata, RvP, Young & Rooney as scavengers. the other 6 players sits in defensive half.

since parking the bus is now hailed as "tactics" by the English media, long ball should also be "tactics".

And who are these CF you would recommend?

Lack of movement not actually pace from our midfield is also the reason we can't break teams when they park the bus. They play the laziest football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 8:57am On May 05, 2015
There is someone that knows Coogar outside nairaland. Hope things are fine?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:23am On May 05, 2015
Teams also park the bus against teams like barca and bayern, but they'll successfully unlock de defence and score mouthfull of goals, de problem wit united is that de players we posses in our squad don't have de sufficial requirments to play in such a way dat barca and bayern do, unlike neymar and ribery dat can beat a play one on one; young can't do dat, and none of the above stated teams do play wit a target man as an attackimg midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:18am On May 05, 2015
Last season, if a team parked the bus against Manshitty they'll surely lose- tht's cos Manshitty knows how to break them down. this 100% possession football doesn't suit this team, they're more dangerous when told to hold possession for a few minutes then attack viciously. And when they lose the ball, they should fight tooth and claw to get it back. Simple. That's majorly what SAF did and look what he achieved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.