Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8752771 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:17pm On May 29, 2015
coogar:

putting your entire words in bold would not drive your points home. it's a desperate move to sound relevant.

SAF never said he always plays rooney in the hole. never ever cos that would contradict 09/10 season - never mind 07/08, 06/07, 11/12 season where rooney was a pure striker.

RVP scored more goals than rooney in the calendar year of 2011. outperformed who? where? when?

SAF said so. It's written in black and white.

RVP scored more but against which teams and in what competition? What stage of the competitions? RVP is 9 Rooney is 10. Rooney had to work for his goals. RVP was fed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:18pm On May 29, 2015
weedtaker:
i'm not talking about balon d' or.. I'm talking of Uefa best player.. (The type ribery won dsame season dat ronaldo won de balon d' or)

Abeg!!! This is distraction na.

Rooney did not win any thing in Uefa best. Bye.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:19pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

Now stories are accepted. grin

So Hazard is no longer the the yeye player who dribbles about aimlessly? Ukwu!!!

Good you guys are confessing. Only when it appears to rubbish Rooney.

Una weldone. Good night.
Lol e be like say you mix ur night coffee with weed, me and you don talk about hazard before

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:21pm On May 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool. Of course Rafael and Fabio were the the wide midfielders in dat match so technically they played as midfielders. But they are natural defenders. Gibson was the only true midfielder in dat line-up(hence the 7 defenders)

SAF said.....
Rooney said......
Cole said.......
And yet SAF played 4-4-2. He played 4-4-2 wen we beat Milan 4-0 at Old Trafford back in 2010 with Rooney and Berbatov up front. He played 4-4-2 up until his last season where he switched to ur precious(4-4-1-1 which is technically a 4-5-1)

Like i said u probably just started watching our matches in 2012/2013

3/07/2011 23:00, Report by Nick Coppack in Boston
Young shines on debut

Sir Alex Ferguson says he was “very satisfied” with Ashley Young's first Manchester United appearance and believes the former Aston Villa forward will create plenty of goals for his new club.

The England international, wearing the no.18 shirt, played 67 minutes as a right winger against New England Revolution in the Reds' 4-1 victory on Wednesday night.

He saw plenty of the ball in the first period and teed up presentable chances for both Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov.

It was enough to cement Sir Alex's belief that Young is one of the finest talents in the English game, and the United boss believes the Reds will benefit greatly from his delivery from wide areas during the forthcoming campaign.

“[Right wing] was his position with Aston Villa until last season when they started playing him in behind the strikers – Gabriel agbonlahor or Darren Bent – in a more advanced role, like the way we use Wayne Rooney.

“His capabilities are such that he can play wide left, he can play in behind the strikers and he can play wide right. He showed tonight he's a fantastic crosser of the ball. I think he hit three fantastic crosses in the game, which maybe isn't something we're used to with the way we play. But if we do get used to it then there's goals there. I was very satisfied.”
http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour-2011/Tour-2011-News/2011/Jul/Young-impresses-on-debut.aspx
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:22pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

SAF said so. It's written in black and white.

provide the link!

RVP scored more but against which teams and in what competition? What stage of the competitions? RVP is 9 Rooney is 10. Rooney had to work for his goals. RVP was fed.

RVP scored against all the teams that mattered. he scored 35 league goals in the calendar year of 2011....including a hatrick @stamford bridge. cool

so why are you brining rooney's goal stats up when you know he falls short of the elite striker in the premier league. he was out scored by berbatov/hernandez in 2010/11 season.

elampiro:
“[Right wing] was his position with Aston Villa until last season when they started playing him in behind the strikers – Gabriel agbonlahor or Darren Bent – in a more advanced role, like the way we use Wayne Rooney.

so where's the word always in this comment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:23pm On May 29, 2015
^^^

Adelana1

shame on you. grin You joined a wrong cohort.

Goodnight. See you all tomorrow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:27pm On May 29, 2015
coogar:

provide the link!

RVP scored against all the teams that mattered. he scored 35 league goals in the calendar year of 2011.

3/07/2011 23:00, Report by Nick Coppack in Boston
Young shines on debut

Sir Alex Ferguson says he was “very satisfied” with Ashley Young's first Manchester United appearance and believes the former Aston Villa forward will create plenty of goals for his new club.

The England international, wearing the no.18 shirt, played 67 minutes as a right winger against New England Revolution in the Reds' 4-1 victory on Wednesday night.

He saw plenty of the ball in the first period and teed up presentable chances for both Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov.

It was enough to cement Sir Alex's belief that Young is one of the finest talents in the English game, and the United boss believes the Reds will benefit greatly from his delivery from wide areas during the forthcoming campaign.

“His capabilities are such that he can play wide left, he can play in behind the strikers and he can play wide right. He showed tonight he's a fantastic crosser of the ball. I think he hit three fantastic crosses in the game, which maybe isn't something we're used to with the way we play. But if we do get used to it then there's goals there. I was very satisfied.”
http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour-2011/Tour-2011-News/2011/Jul/Young-impresses-on-debut.aspx

coogar:

RVP scored against all the teams that mattered. he scored 35 league goals in the calendar year of 2011.

so why are you brining rooney's goal stats up when you know he falls short of the elite striker in the premier league. he was out scored by berbatov/hernandez in 2010/11 season.

so where's the word always in this comment.

Rooney scored from number 10. He also scored in crucial stages of UCL AGAINST MIGHTY TEAMS.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28pm On May 29, 2015
G9T ALL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:31pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:
G9T ALL.
You'll say it again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:32pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:
Rooney scored from number 10. He also scored in crucial stages of UCL AGAINST MIGHTY TEAMS.

he faced only chelsea.
RVP's bïtches!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:
^^^

Adelana1

shame on you. grin You joined a wrong cohort.

Goodnight. See you all tomorrow.
I'm not here to argue Ashley Young(ur post above) or join anybody's cohort. I'm just here to let u know dat Rooney has always played as one of the two main strikers in a 4-4-2(not behind the main striker).

And i was even wrong in my earlier analysis of our 4-0 win against Milan. SAF started with a 4-3-3 with Rooney as the Centre Forward in the front 3. But SAF switched to 4-4-2 in d second half wen he brought on Berbatov to pair Rooney in front.

#Peace ✌
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:12am On May 30, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I'm not here to argue Ashley Young(ur post above) or join anybody's cohort. I'm just here to let u know dat Rooney has always played as one of the two main strikers in a 4-4-2(not behind the main striker).

And i was even wrong in my earlier analysis of our 4-0 win against Milan. SAF started with a 4-3-3 with Rooney as the Centre Forward in the front 3. But SAF switched to 4-4-2 in d second half wen he brought on Berbatov to pair Rooney in front.

#Peace ✌

forget mr.pawa abeg!
he provides us with entertainment here week in week out. let's talk business.

how many BPL TOTS players do you have by now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:21am On May 30, 2015
coogar:

forget mr.pawa abeg!
he provides us with entertainment here week in week out. let's talk business.

how many BPL TOTS players do you have by now?
None for now. I haven't played Fifa since last Sunday. I'm gunning for De Gea and maybe Hazard(if i'm lucky enough). How many players u don get?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:25am On May 30, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
None for now. I haven't played Fifa since last Sunday. I'm gunning for De Gea and maybe Hazard(if i'm lucky enough). How many players u don get?

none!
i don't like BPL players. i am waiting for bundesliga TOTS. i have 24,000 fifa points saved for that purpose next week. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:32am On May 30, 2015
coogar:

none!
i don't like BPL players. i am waiting for bundesliga TOTS. i have 24,000 fifa points saved for that purpose next week. grin
24k fifa points?? Na u be Bo$$. Purchasing Fifa Points on PC na waste of money.

Got bored of my EPL team too. Had to move to Italia! Now am thinking of investing in a combined LaLiga & Bundesliga team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:35am On May 30, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
24k fifa points?? Na u be Bo$$. Purchasing Fifa Points on PC na waste of money.

Got bored of my EPL team too. Had to move to Italia! Now am thinking of investing in a combined LaLiga & Bundesliga team

this is the final lap till FIFA16 is released.
your pack luck is almost tripled if you purchase with FIFA points instead of coins. i packed 2 TOTS(community) players with fifa points from one trial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:43am On May 30, 2015
coogar:

this is the final lap till FIFA16 is released.
your pack luck is almost tripled if you purchase with FIFA points instead of coins. i packed 2 TOTS(community) players with fifa points from one trial.
Fifa points is the most reliable way to buy packs tho but the naira exchange rates over here can be very discouraging. Which is why i see it as a waste of money(especially wen i end up getting trash from packs) But i'll gve it one last try tho. Wen is EA releasing La Liga TOTS?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:01am On May 30, 2015
chrisley024:
You'll say it again
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:18am On May 30, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Fifa points is the most reliable way to buy packs tho but the naira exchange rates over here can be very discouraging. Which is why i see it as a waste of money(especially wen i end up getting trash from packs) But i'll gve it one last try tho. Wen is EA releasing La Liga TOTS?

i think la liga is the last one.
it won't be out until june 20-something
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

#Peace ✌

Your opinion is wrong because Sir Alex Ferguson who managed United and Rooney said this:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:40am On May 30, 2015
This is our match against Bolton in 2011 ...

we played a flat 4-4-2 not 4-4-1-1

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:03am On May 30, 2015
elampiro:

The award is not for champions league alone. It's for all competitions including national team qualifying matches.

From August 2011 to October 2011 Rooney scored 11 goals in 14 appearances for Man United. There were 2 hatricks. he scored 3 against Arsenal and 3 against Bolton. 3 against Otelu home and away. 1 each against Chelsea and Tottenham. This was when FIFA votings wer going on.

Before this period, he scored 1 goal in CL final against Barca. He scored the lone goal in CL quarter final at Stamford Bridge, he dismissed Shalke 04 in Germany and made the return leg a formality. SAF rested him in the return leg. His goals would have gone up.

From january 1st to May 2011 Rooney scored 14 goals for Man United. He scored a hatrick against West Ham making it three Hatricks in the calendar year 2011.

So is this not enough to be among the best three forwards in the world. Remeber Rooney was playing as a number 10. I know you will like to dispute this out of your htred for him, but that is your headache.
another lie from Lucifer's a$$ ... Zonal marking shows Rooney playing further forward in 2010/2011 season

This is our match against Liverpool ,berba scored a hat trick

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:14am On May 30, 2015
parrotibaba:
another lie from Lucifer's a$$ ... Zonal marking shows Rooney playing further forward in 2010/2011 season

buhahaha
elampiro would soon tell you that image is wrong.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:19am On May 30, 2015
parrotibaba:

When SAF said this is the way I use Rooney, it doesnt mean there will not one or two games there were changes. Ferguson meant the way he used Rooney generally. Even Nani has had to be on top for us before. Fabio sef used in forward role.

This Liverpool match of 2010 is one of those few occasions.

SAF made it clear, he used Rooney generaly as a number 10.

Rooney is the best number 10 of his generation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:22am On May 30, 2015
Today, I will be less active here, but I am still going to respond to everything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:30am On May 30, 2015
elampiro:

When SAF said this is the way I use Rooney, it doesnt mean there will not one or two games there were changes. Ferguson meant the way he used Rooney generally. Even Nani has had to be on top for us before. Fabio sef used in forward role.

so if LVG says he would buy a winger/RB hybrid and use him like he uses valencia then you would conclude valencia has always been a fullback in his entire career?

your use of english is very poor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2015
elampiro:

according to whoscored.com ,dis was our most used formation during d 2010/2011 season

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:34am On May 30, 2015
coogar:

so if LVG says he would buy a winger/RB hybrid and use him like he uses valencia then you would conclude valencia has always been a fullback in his entire career?

your use of english is very poor.

SAF did not say he will use Young as he used Rooney. He said Young played as a number 10 in Villa the previous season, in same position as United uses Rooney generally. From time immemorial. Yori Yori.

In the course of this argument, I even saw where SAF said Kagawa's best position is nunber 10 and that is where Rooney likes to play.

Have a nice day, Mr Rooney hater.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:38am On May 30, 2015
FLOPCAO(3OOK POUNDS A WEEK) AND FLOPMARIA(85MILLION POUNDS) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FAT SHREK ROONEY(300K) NO EPL GOLDEN BOOT. HAHAHAHA

BARCA FAN.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:39am On May 30, 2015
parrotibaba:
according to whoscored.com ,dis was our most used formation during d 2010/2011 season

According to Zonal Marking, this was the most formation used by United under Ferguson. I can go fetch charts after charts to back up.

Mtchewwww. Who do I listen to, whoscored which said Kgawa was in the hole instead of wing or Ferguson who coached Rooney?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:43am On May 30, 2015
elampiro:

SAF did not say he will use Young as he used Rooney. He said Young played as a number 10 in Villa the previous season, in same position as United uses Rooney generally. From time immemorial. Yori Yori.

In the course of this argument, I even saw where SAF said Kagawa's best position is nunber 10 and that is where Rooney likes to play.

Have a nice day, Mr Rooney hater.

uses rooney generally?
i didn't see that word in the comment. if that is how he always uses rooney, you mean rooney played behind a striker in 09/10? grin maybe i should then take it that you don't understand the meaning of the word always
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:44am On May 30, 2015
coogar:

uses rooney generally?
i didn't see that word in the comment. if that is how he always uses rooney, you mean rooney played behind a striker in 09/10? grin maybe i should then take it that you don't understand the meaning of the word always

Comprehend man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kissoflife and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.